Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

At work today there was two X-Men wave thieves. This time however they stole Rogue and Wolverine and left the Juggernaut parts behind. Also found one of the three packs with Kate and Sam stolen, but poor Vision left behind.

I was at TRU the other day and held that 3-pack in my hand and for half a second I thought to myself "I wonder who I could swap out for Kate and then return this thing."

Good thing I'm not a scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Rhyno posted:

He's about to become common, the full cases drop in three weeks.

I have 32 Deadpools on the way for my store.

I want one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want one too. I have one on pre-order for December, and honestly that's a super long wait.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll make a post as soon as they arrive.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Worrrrd. Just save one for me in case I don't respond in time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Odin is complete. :toot:

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/777969780347146240

Here he is hanging out with Galactus and Mojo, who I both recently was able to get.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Abomination wave arrived from Amazon. Not too bad. I like the goofy Cap because I am a Cap fanboy. Cpt Britan and Wonderman are decent, but nothing groundbreaking. Iron Skull is weird, but looks cool. Eel, man I need more D-lister villains. Eel, Blizzard, Tigershark, Cottonmouth, Whirlwind; they've all been fun. Abomination looks fantastic, though all the BAFs tend to.

I didn't get Scarlet Witch, I don't go for the movie legends generally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scored CW Falcon at a smaller town Wal-Mart today.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rirse posted:

Odin is complete. :toot:

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/777969780347146240

Here he is hanging out with Galactus and Mojo, who I both recently was able to get.

Hooray! He looks great!

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

as much as I like the CW Falcon, he will not stand up with his damned wings on. Need to find those stupid stands, I guess.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Daaku Shinsei posted:

as much as I like the CW Falcon, he will not stand up with his damned wings on. Need to find those stupid stands, I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003F256QI/ would be what you want. It's a three pack of them, with several connector options, extensions, etc. Should work well for your needs and you'll have two extras.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guess some of the Rogue One stuff is starting to show up early, like a Kmart :lol: exclusive figure of Kyn. Also I guess people like Sabrine, Revan, AT&AT Driver, and Leia ain't out until next Spring, which explains why Amazon took down the page for them after I got most of them pre-ordered.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
I got lucky and was able to buy an open and complete Hot Toys Elder Predator 2.0 for $100 from a local collectibles show. I bought the Classic 2.0 about 2 months ago and it was my first hot toys figure, so I have been keeping my eye out for deals on the ones that I want. I think the only other figure I really need to get is the City Hunter 2.0.

eBay seems to have some decent prices on parts and pieces for them if you look around too.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
Have my fellow US toys collectors had success selling online besides eBay? The new seller guidelines that favor buyers even more than before has me worried to sell anything on there anymore. Craigslist can also be iffy according to, uh, everyone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ServoMST3K posted:

Have my fellow US toys collectors had success selling online besides eBay? The new seller guidelines that favor buyers even more than before has me worried to sell anything on there anymore. Craigslist can also be iffy according to, uh, everyone.

10 Bees and ultraviolence123 have been selling figures here with a lot of success. I got a lot of Marvel Legends from the two that really filled holes in waves I missed when I started buying action figures again.

Speaking of ultraviolence123, I got a extra Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) from him as a freebie, but I am wondering how hard it would be to repaint her to be Julie Carpenter, the second Spider-Woman? Toybiz had her as a variant to the Jessica Drew figure back then, so I bet just reusing the whole figure wouldn't be a problem.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Friend shared a pic with me this morning.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Friend shared a pic with me this morning.

OK who is that on Black Panther's neck? I feel like I should recognize him...

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rirse posted:

10 Bees and ultraviolence123 have been selling figures here with a lot of success. I got a lot of Marvel Legends from the two that really filled holes in waves I missed when I started buying action figures again.

Speaking of ultraviolence123, I got a extra Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) from him as a freebie, but I am wondering how hard it would be to repaint her to be Julie Carpenter, the second Spider-Woman? Toybiz had her as a variant to the Jessica Drew figure back then, so I bet just reusing the whole figure wouldn't be a problem.

Hmm, I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I've never sold anything here.

Unless that wasn't a typo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Not a figure, but I found this at TRU today.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Joe Fisto posted:

Not a figure, but I found this at TRU today.

Care to share a quick review? I really want this.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Care to share a quick review? I really want this.

Sure.

This is way above standard mask quality. If you've had a Stormtrooper or Optimus Prime mask, this blows it out of the water. It is painted instead of having colored plastic. The paint is even and shiny. The faceplate sticks with magnets, and holds securely, even in the up position. The light up feature works nicely, when the mask is put on, the eyes light up and a little whirrr noise emits. The inner headband is removable for easy adjusting, and it is pretty comfortable. I don't feel like I wasted money here. There are better IM helmets out there, but those are hundreds of dollars. For 99 this thing is a good addition to the collection, and would work perfectly if I were to build a IM suit for cosplay.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Sure.

This is way above standard mask quality. If you've had a Stormtrooper or Optimus Prime mask, this blows it out of the water. It is painted instead of having colored plastic. The paint is even and shiny. The faceplate sticks with magnets, and holds securely, even in the up position. The light up feature works nicely, when the mask is put on, the eyes light up and a little whirrr noise emits. The inner headband is removable for easy adjusting, and it is pretty comfortable. I don't feel like I wasted money here. There are better IM helmets out there, but those are hundreds of dollars. For 99 this thing is a good addition to the collection, and would work perfectly if I were to build a IM suit for cosplay.

Thanks, that seals it for me. I'm getting it whenever I find it. Already have the shield and it is great quality.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Hmm, I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I've never sold anything here.

Unless that wasn't a typo.

Is your name 10 Bees? No, it isn't. It's 10 Beers

:krakken:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Is your name 10 Bees? No, it isn't. It's 10 Beers

:krakken:

I said if it wasn't a typo! No reason to unleash the krakken! :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oops, I meant Colonel Whitey. You sent me the Giant Man head I needed to finish his BAF off, 10 Beers.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

ServoMST3K posted:

What are the new seller guidelines? I still haven't gotten around to putting my figures on eBay and I've never sold on there before

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Saw most of the full wave of Dr Strange MLs here in rural Georgia at a TRU on Thursday, and only 3 remain today. Baron Mordo, Brother Voodoo and the Astral Form.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

Saw most of the full wave of Dr Strange MLs here in rural Georgia at a TRU on Thursday, and only 3 remain today. Baron Mordo, Brother Voodoo and the Astral Form.

Considering how they were the only ones to not sell out on Toys R Us' website during their sale, so it safe to say those are the pegwarmers in the wave. Shame since Brother Voodoo looks awesome.

The Toys R Us I work at don't seem to have them yet, but seem to already have a bunch of the Rogue One Blacks in stock. But I am not going to try to get those a week early and get fire.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rirse posted:

Considering how they were the only ones to not sell out on Toys R Us' website during their sale, so it safe to say those are the pegwarmers in the wave. Shame since Brother Voodoo looks awesome.

The Toys R Us I work at don't seem to have them yet, but seem to already have a bunch of the Rogue One Blacks in stock. But I am not going to try to get those a week early and get fire.

Are they doing a big rollout for Rogue One like Force Friday last year? I want to grab Jyn, K2, and some of the troopers but there's no way I'm gonna stand in line and fight neckbeards for them at midnight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are they doing a big rollout for Rogue One like Force Friday last year? I want to grab Jyn, K2, and some of the troopers but there's no way I'm gonna stand in line and fight neckbeards for them at midnight.

Yep, I don't work that night since I work the next day. Last year I didn't go either and Amazon had everyone up right away at midnight. I was able to get Revan, Rey, and Finn without any trouble. If I knew Finn later on that I could find Finn for 4 bucks a year later, I might held off on buying him. I mean jeez, Target really wanted them out of the store.

I am just glad we are getting the new figures since we still have a ton of Finn, Zurvio, Poe, and the Crimson Guard guy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I thought Revan wasn't out yet?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

No dice on the iron man helmet today at toys r us. They had some of the space venom wave but I already have the ones from that wave that I wanted.

Speaking of which if anyone has the build a figure parts from anyone other than miles and silk I would be interested in them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oops I meant Kylo Ren.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Has a release date been announced for Revan?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Future Son posted:

Has a release date been announced for Revan?

I heard Revan, Leia in her traditional white outfit, AT&AT Driver, Sabine, Lando, Obi-Wan and maybe C3PO are due out next spring. Which explains why when I pre-ordered Sabine, Lando, Obi-Wan, and C3PO on Amazon, the orders are still there, but the store pages were removed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Anybody who wants the helmet, it's up on Amazon for $95

Marvel Legends Iron Man Electronic Helmet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4NLOW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GO25xb5ADZEJG

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Does anyone have a Toybiz Marvel Legends Iron Fist flame effect they'd be willing to part with?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rirse posted:

I just found a bunch of Rogue One regular figures in a Walmart. None of the Black Series yet tho.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The Action Man posted:

Does anyone have a Toybiz Marvel Legends Iron Fist flame effect they'd be willing to part with?

Pretty sure I do, the downside is I'm out of town for a tech conference all week. PM me to remind me and I can check on Friday.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the whole figure either if you want, either. Not really feeling Marvel Legends from that era anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Still waiting on the Jubilee coat (should be shipping this week), but I got Spiral's helmet in today. Once I get back from vacation I will probably order the paint I need to start working on painting the helmet silver and Jubilee to match her BAF. Dunno if I will do the Spider-Woman custom as I not sure on how easy that would be.