Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinny the Shark
Oct 11, 2005

If Charlotte has a massive snow storm in the middle of September, there are bigger problems going on then your bloodthirsty urge to mow down some uppity black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Luckily he was driving through "Charolette" which I'm guessing is some bumfuck town in central Alaska with more moose than people (though one or two less now).

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm getting real sick of modern phone autocorrect insisting on correcting real words to nonsense and thinking typos are real words.

Stupid phone, no one ever means to say 'ducking'!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

JVNO posted:

Stupid phone, no one ever means to say 'ducking'!

I used to work at OkC and the number of messages talking about "duck buddies" was incredible. :duckie:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
That sounds adorable :3:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Julio Cruz posted:

Luckily he was driving through "Charolette" which I'm guessing is some bumfuck town in central Alaska with more moose than people (though one or two less now).

That's not moose damage. That's a deer.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Samuel Clemens posted:

That's not Jesus. Jesus was black.

If that's true, then how come the body of Christ is clearly a cracker? :smug:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Vaishino posted:

If that's true, then how come the body of Christ is clearly a cracker? :smug:

But his blood is full of cheap wine!

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Who's ready for EPORW weekend!?

today in unintentionally correct

I don't miss growing up ignorant and sheltered in bumblefuck but I guess I can see the appeal. After all Clinton was president.

look you're ruining the cadence. have some decency

courts without justice, interesting choice

It's funny how these days everyone knows racist is a bad thing to be (except the alt-right I guess) but racist is always what the other guy is not you

Shopped?
Also if I'm shot in my car with a coexist bumper sticker does that mean the second amendment is violent garbage too?

One of those wholesome white children is getting a bb in the eye christmas morning. It's just statistics :(

the training wheels are a nice touch
remember ladies the worst thing you can be in this world is a girl.

you are only allowed to care about blind displays of patriotism. literally nothing else.

lots of comments about doing donuts on the lawn

Like being in the air national guard makes you know everything about special forces...

no moral police state but my police state

not police state enough! the white hands have spoken

not courage to have literally every shithead diss you and threaten to kill you I guess

bomb your way to peace

only protestor an EPORW likes is a dead one

it was kind of a dumb meme but their argument is she was scared by all the security personnel around trump.

grenades

won't someone think of the constituents

as if other countries would eat burger king

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm not going to click that Burger King link but I'm assuming it's something like they're moving one of their regional HQs to Canada or somewhere, because if they think a company which made something like $60 million domestic profit last year is "leaving America" (presumably because of something something Obama) then they're out of their tiny loving minds.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Defenestration posted:

According to wikipedia...

The sun never sets on the Burger Empire.:patriot:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I love how much conservatives loathe Jenner and she's still too FYGM to not vote Republican.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm not going to click that Burger King link but I'm assuming it's something like they're moving one of their regional HQs to Canada or somewhere, because if they think a company which made something like $60 million domestic profit last year is "leaving America" (presumably because of something something Obama) then they're out of their tiny loving minds.

I'm not sure if it actually happened or completed yet, but yeah. Burger King bought/is buying Tim Horton's, and they were going to make them the owners so they pay taxes in Canada instead. Conservatives hate taxes, you'd think they would be all for that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah but according to them they're only doing that because Obamao didn't abolish all taxes, because he hates America and Burgers and laughs when companies fail.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah but according to them they're only doing that because Obamao didn't abolish all taxes, because he hates America and Burgers and laughs when companies fail.

That fucker puts dijon on his burger. :mad:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Defenestration posted:

can they at least wait until the natural pause to break the text up?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats like a legit cool painting. its like a mix of buddha and jesus. id buy that.

VideoTapir posted:

The former doesn't work without a credible threat of the continuation of the latter, ever.

wish i could swing a traffic cone that hard to shatter windows.

lancemantis posted:

I lust to run over minorities

jesus gently caress. these people have issues.

Defenestration posted:

Who's ready for EPORW weekend!?

today in unintentionally correct

I don't miss growing up ignorant and sheltered in bumblefuck but I guess I can see the appeal. After all Clinton was president.

look you're ruining the cadence. have some decency

courts without justice, interesting choice

It's funny how these days everyone knows racist is a bad thing to be (except the alt-right I guess) but racist is always what the other guy is not you

Shopped?
Also if I'm shot in my car with a coexist bumper sticker does that mean the second amendment is violent garbage too?

One of those wholesome white children is getting a bb in the eye christmas morning. It's just statistics :(

the training wheels are a nice touch
remember ladies the worst thing you can be in this world is a girl.

you are only allowed to care about blind displays of patriotism. literally nothing else.

Like being in the air national guard makes you know everything about special forces...

no moral police state but my police state

not police state enough! the white hands have spoken

not courage to have literally every shithead diss you and threaten to kill you I guess

bomb your way to peace

only protestor an EPORW likes is a dead one

it was kind of a dumb meme but their argument is she was scared by all the security personnel around trump.

grenades

won't someone think of the constituents

all of these are horrifying. its either weird hosed up bigoted bullshit, or clickbait "thinkpieces" for right wingers.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Traditional Christian and Buddhist art actually share some cultural roots because one of the earliest state sponsors of Buddhism was the Greco-Bactrians who often commissioned religious art from artists back in Greece proper. :eng101:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats like a legit cool painting. its like a mix of buddha and jesus. id buy that.

wish i could swing a traffic cone that hard to shatter windows.

jesus gently caress. these people have issues.

all of these are horrifying. its either weird hosed up bigoted bullshit, or clickbait "thinkpieces" for right wingers.

I can no longer tell the ones that are played straight and the edgy ironic ones played for laffs.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there is very little "think" involved in those pieces. Nor do they purport there to be. It's all base outrage

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keeshhound posted:

According to wikipedia...

The sun never sets on the Burger Empire.:patriot:

Except for some reason, in Australia it's called "Hungry Jack's"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fulchrum posted:

Except for some reason, in Australia it's called "Hungry Jack's"

Local chain had the name already.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Scruff McGruff posted:

I had at least two classes in high school that had debates similar to the one mentioned above where you would get assigned a topic and had to prepare to defend either side of that issue and you don't know which you're going to have until the day of. Sometimes the topics are very much one sided, which is part of the point, you have to try and think of what others would argue that you wouldn't normally because you're clearly on one side of what feels to be an issue that has been settled. This sort of thing isn't some sort of weird thought exercise relegated to the echelons of grad school, it's a pretty normal scholastic exercise any time after 9th grade.

It's also not uncommon for research projects to require you to include a section on the other sides arguments in support of whatever the topic is. A lot of students try to pick topics that are very easy to argue one side of, like slavery, to make the project easier on themselves without considering that it means they'll have to include at least a slide/paragraph on what proponents would say so it gets kind of awkward.

I understand that. I'm saying choosing a morally indefensible topic like slavery is usually reserved for a college law or philosophy class. I don't need your gag or whatever the gently caress like I didn't go to school and engage in the same exercises. You're missing the whole point in order to try to do some lecturing.

And if the white kids in your class were arguing the merits of slavery in school and your teacher didn't clothesline them, well its exactly that poo poo Jane Elliot talks about, how white supremacy is woven into literally everything white people do.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

YF19pilot posted:

Nobody believes either of that. However, if you can't understand the difference between "Here's some 40 year old rear end in a top hat spouting racist bullshit," and "Here's high school sophomore Susie Q who has spent all of her 15 years of life having her thoughts and opinions spoon fed by her parents," then you're just going to exacerbate the situation.

Most kids in high school are still living in the little bubble world their parents created. Most kids starting college are stepping out of that bubble for the first time. We need to encourage kids to leave that bubble behind, not retreat into it like some safety blanket. Ruining some poor kid's life before they've really had the chance to live and think on their own without their parents to tell them what to think and feel is really counter productive and leads to bullshit like the alt-right and MRAs. You're punishing the child for the sins of their fathers.

This is not a special case only for white people or white children. This is something that applies to everyone. Kids who have bad opinions don't know why they're bad. Kids who have good opinions don't know why they're good. They haven't had that lesson yet. And parents with lovely opinions will never teach that lesson to their kids. That's where we as a society have to step in.

But, I am a teacher who teaches kids who come from a relatively sheltered culture, and try to expose them to the world at large. So perhaps my outlook on things is different than yours.

That luxury is not afforded to black children, so it is, in fact, a luxury and a privilege.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

gfsincere posted:

I understand that. I'm saying choosing a morally indefensible topic like slavery is usually reserved for a college law or philosophy class.

I think that would inadequately prepare students for a world where morally indefensible topics are so frequently up for debate.
We live in a sick country. Students need to be prepared to confront that sickness, not just philosophers and lawyers.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

gfsincere posted:

That luxury is not afforded to black children, so it is, in fact, a luxury and a privilege.

This is true, we should just start have the police gun down everybody unarmed. It's a luxury to not.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
My historian father clued me in on the National Museum of African American History and Culture grand opening in DC and the entire thing is on C-SPAN 3.

President Obama gave a great speech which I'm sure by Monday will push the right wing hate machine into overdrive because he didn't mention 'radical islamic terrorism', 'black on black crime', 'rioters and looters' or some poo poo.

President Obama posted:

...BUT TO REAFFIRM THE PROMISE OF OUR DEMOCRACY AND REMIND US THAT ALL OF US ARE CREATED EQUAL. THIS IS THE PLACE TO UNDERSTAND HOW PROTEST AND LOVE OF THE COUNTRY DON'T MERELY COEXIST, BUT INFORM EACH OTHER. HOW MEN CAN PROUDLY WIN THE GOLD FOR THEIR COUNTRY BUT STILL INSIST ON RAISING A BLACK GLOVED FIST, HOW WE CAN WEAR AN "I CAN'T BREATHE" T-SHIRT AND STILL GRIEVE FOR OUR FALLEN POLICE OFFICERS. HERE'S THE AMERICA WHERE THE RAZOR SHARP UNIFORM OF THE CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF BELONGS ALONGSIDE THE CAPE OF THE GODFATHER OF SOUL. WE HAVE SHOWN THE WORLD HOW WE CAN FLOAT LIKE BUTTERFLIES, STING LIKE BEES, THAT WE CAN ROCKET INTO SPACE LIKE MAE JEMISON AND STEAL HOME LIKE JACKIE, ROCK LIKE JIMMY, STIR THE POT LIKE RICHARD PRYOR, AND WE CAN BE SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED LIKE FANNIE LOU HAMER AND STILL ROCKSTEADY LIKE ARETHA FRANKLIN. WE ARE LARGE, WALT WHITMAN TOLD US, CLAIMING MULTITUDES. WE ARE LARGE. FULL OF CONTRADICTIONS. THAT'S AMERICA. THAT'S WHAT MAKES US GO. THAT IS WHAT MAKES US EXTRAORDINARY. AND AS IS TRUE FOR AMERICA, SO IS TRUE FOR THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN EXPERIENCE. WE ARE NOT A BURDEN ON AMERICA. OR STAIN ON AMERICA. OR AN OBJECT OF PITY OR CHARITY FOR AMERICA. WE ARE AMERICA....

His remarks start around 1:20:00.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415014-1/smithsonian-national-museum-african-american-history-culture-opens-dc

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 25, 2016

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

I don't discriminate

And now, a lot of discriminating

Next level Kenya

ERPOW did not post the skittles meme this week

and now the racism against latinos section

pikachu

No racism here

terrorists

three black guys like trump. racism isn't real

86 year old woman attacks with a pig she whipped out her purse

MUSLIMS IN THE WATER

he did a bad thing once maybe. or cops planted evidence on him. either way, ALL COVERED HERE

thugggggs

somehow even "wait for the facts" guy makes this into "wait for the facts so we can totally oppress the poo poo out of others"
calling for deaths of all protestors is dime a dozen

chess?

rolling coal

out of state ID. likely also a lie

"pronounce a child's name wrong." And you won't get fired, the article was just pointing out that it's a microaggression. But you know, lies

which is which?

everyone is a terrorist. terrorists everywhere. in your soup

piggy

I'm going to give you a full 3 seconds to think of what the comments on this look like before I post them.

Ok?

Ready?

here it is

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Playstation 4 posted:

This is true, we should just start have the police gun down everybody unarmed. It's a luxury to not.

I guess that would make sense to a racists mind that it's easier to shoot everyone than stop shooting black people.

Point is, living in this "bubble" is a white privilege that black children are not afforded. I was exposed to the harsh realities of the world and poo poo black people have and continue to go through at a very young age. I was exposed to white children my age not wanting to play with me because "black people are dangerous".

White parents specifically infect their children's minds with the same disease of racism they have. After generations and generations, in the age of information being at ones fingertips, one can only assume white people actually WANT things this way.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

gfsincere posted:

I guess that would make sense to a racists mind that it's easier to shoot everyone than stop shooting black people.

Point is, living in this "bubble" is a white privilege that black children are not afforded. I was exposed to the harsh realities of the world and poo poo black people have and continue to go through at a very young age. I was exposed to white children my age not wanting to play with me because "black people are dangerous".

White parents specifically infect their children's minds with the same disease of racism they have. After generations and generations, in the age of information being at ones fingertips, one can only assume white people actually WANT things this way.

White people don't like the idea they'd have to apologize for poo poo they, or other white people have done. Because these particular white people are hateful, petty and spiteful they probably fear owning up to racism means the shoe is going to be on the other foot and black people are going to use every opportunity to rub it in their faces.

They don't want to change because they obviously don't want their bubble shattered. Their way of thinking is so simplistic and basic, and having to abandon it means using actual critical thinking and empathy for people that aren't them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Panfilo posted:

I can no longer tell the ones that are played straight and the edgy ironic ones played for laffs.

No i actualy meant the painting thing. its actualy cool.

Defenestration posted:

there is very little "think" involved in those pieces. Nor do they purport there to be. It's all base outrage
True. I just hate clickbait poo poo like that in general, the fact that its bigoted bullshit is adding bloody poo poo to the poo poo pie.

Rick_Hunter posted:

My historian father clued me in on the National Museum of African American History and Culture grand opening in DC and the entire thing is on C-SPAN 3.

President Obama gave a great speech which I'm sure by Monday will push the right wing hate machine into overdrive because he didn't mention 'radical islamic terrorism', 'black on black crime', 'rioters and looters' or some poo poo.

His remarks start around 1:20:00.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415014-1/smithsonian-national-museum-african-american-history-culture-opens-dc

yeah, I am sure i will hear that one on facebook. :( I cant wait to go to the museum. I have heard its going to be amazing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The piakchu pun was okay.

Vinny the Shark
Oct 11, 2005

Defenestration posted:

"pronounce a child's name wrong." And you won't get fired, the article was just pointing out that it's a microaggression. But you know, lies

There are no minority students in that picture, though? Also, the kid in the red shirt with the cars on it isn't saluting the flag. Clearly that disrespectful little poo poo isn't getting spanked enough at home. Because that's the solution to all problems with kids.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
It's pretty heartening that most of those are blatant clickbait, probably hooked into scuzzy ad networks. The only people who would actually read those are either old or dumb, and almost certainly don't use plugin controls or ad+script blockers for safety.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

gfsincere posted:

Nah, you're right, it was a stupid offhand comment to make.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

yes, new ccc, new deal. let's do it

Abolish inheritance. Estate tax 100%, where you at now without daddy's money, Trumpkins?

hm

Assuming every black person on welfare is racist

kermit

whoa a whole 6 votes. better throw away the key on this violent criminal

It's funny to call a singer you don't like diseased

woman wears ugly shirt, truly the she-devil

Fantasy Island looks AMAZING

royalty

cherry picking
liberal cultural standards: maybe we shouldn't tie people to fences and beat them to death. Maybe people should be able to look the way they want. the horror

poor widdle patraeus. fell for the honeypot.

Trump has specifically asked why we can't just nuke people so if that doesn't scare you then sure joe

I would like to eliminate my effort inequality and be a CEO. Can someone tell me how I can work several thousand times harder? Because believe me I've tried.

this doesn't really go with the legal house metaphor does it
if people were literally trying to kill you, and you ran up to my front door and banged out it and shouted "they're trying to kill me!" and I said "wait 5 years while I do a background check on you and then probably deny your visa anyway" then maybe you'd be justified to hide in my laundry room just saying

aliens

Well yes, trump. I'm assuming someone else too. didn't click

are troops did something nice give them their cookie

um that guy has an ipod clearly he is a welfare queen

Jack nicholson is the BAD GUY in that movie

this must have been posted before HW came out that he was voting clinton

making yahoo breach about gun crime somehow

wait did we just come across a way to convince eporws that climate change exists? by claiming it's all Obama's fault? :aaa:

they're def mad about something here

feminism

in conclusion

said by a man who spends all day posting and reposting memes to facebook.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

As Scott Adams mentioned in his blog post, Hillary's estate tax increase only applies if the amount is over 5 million dollars. So this won't affect poor families at all and won't affect most middle class families either. But hey, better oppose it so that those rich kids can "earn" their money.

quote:

Ah yes, that old double standard of charging military members under military regulations, but not charging civilians under military regulations.

quote:

Well yes, trump. I'm assuming someone else too. didn't click

I'm going to guess the Mexican president, on the southern part of the country.

I had to see if I was right so I went and found the article and I was half right. Not the president himself, but I was right about the Mexico part.

quote:

‘Trump’s idea of a border wall is a good one but it should be on the southern border with Central America in order to stop the flow of Central Americans from entering both countries,’ wrote El Mañana board wrote in July.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Defenestration posted:

yes, new ccc, new deal. let's do it

Since when do these people want more public employees?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

TerminalSaint posted:

Since when do these people want more public employees?

They don't want more public workers. They don't want more government stimuli and work programs. They just want to be around people working in the dirt to make their low rung office jobs seem like they made it.

It's about as genuine as those who care about homeless veterans right when there's a refugee crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Rick_Hunter posted:

They don't want more public workers. They don't want more government stimuli and work programs. They just want to be around people working in the dirt to make their low rung office jobs seem like they made it.

It's about as genuine as those who care about homeless veterans right when there's a refugee crisis.

In my time working as a welder what it actually means is already rich shop owners want more government money and contracts to the tune of millions and hire one more person at $10/hr. with no benefits.