Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

MadJackMcJack posted:

It would be doable to have underpowered guys if they gave them much lower respawn times. Orks are the Green Tide after all :orks101:

Honestly the free WAAAGH was always a terrible idea because even with a reduced spawn time you are literal fodder for the paying SM who is glowing with the empras righteous light as he mows down dozens of f2p boyz with a chainsword. There's only so much of that someone can take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Is there a discord for this?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lassitude posted:

It might be viable from a balance standpoint but it'd be a lovely experience to be an ork boy fighting space marines you're significantly disadvantaged against 1v1. I'm glad they shitcanned that idea, although now we have ork boyz beating up space marines instead of nobs like the original intent, so it's not perfect this way, either.

Why didn't they just make the orks bigger and make them nobz? A nob is just a boy that's bigger with more armor and bling.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

They way they have progression, the base classes lead to veteran classes of the same type. So tactical marines progress to unlock veteran tactical marines, and so on. Maybe they couldn't figure out what nobz would unlock as a veteran class, so they just went "gently caress it" and made ork boyz the default class so that nobz could be the veteran class.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Is there a discord for this?

I'll make a channel for it but it's up to you guys whether you use it or not.
https://discord.gg/rCY35YZ

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Aren't veteran classes just regular classes with more LP, anyway?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah, I think they have double.

Also, I created a guild. You can search for it and join it and use it as a roster to join your friends.
GoonSquad
[GOON]

Would have come up with a better name but they don't allow spaces in a guild name. What the gently caress?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Eldar are cool and I love farming rhinos as a fire dragon. 30 bucks so far seems like a fair price

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah and for orks they're nobz. Dunno if they're physically larger but I doubt it. Would have made more sense for the veteran ork classes to be skarboyz given that the veteran classes are just regular classes with a bit better gear, but whatever.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 24, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Eldar are cool and I love farming rhinos as a fire dragon. 30 bucks so far seems like a fair price

I've been having loads of fun with Scorpion. Also, don't spend your Crusadebux on weapons, get the supply drops. You don't get duplicates and you can get pretty much everything except cosmetics with in game currency.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Also, I created a guild. You can search for it and join it and use it as a roster to join your friends.
GoonSquad
[GOON]

Would have come up with a better name but they don't allow spaces in a guild name. What the gently caress?

Are guilds faction-specific or something?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lassitude posted:

Are guilds faction-specific or something?

Don't know, I am Eldar.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man once the melee system clicks (AND YOU LEARN ABOUT THE MELEE loving LOCKON BUTTON) it's pretty drat sweet.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Yeah so guilds are specific to each faction.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Oh man once the melee system clicks (AND YOU LEARN ABOUT THE MELEE loving LOCKON BUTTON) it's pretty drat sweet.

The biggest crime EC commits is that it explains NOTHING unless you spend half an hour in the garrison reading text boxes, which is a terrible way to do it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

The biggest crime EC commits is that it explains NOTHING unless you spend half an hour in the garrison reading text boxes, which is a terrible way to do it.

A 4 stamina banshee is a lot of fun to play.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Try the Swooping Hawk, once you get the flight down it's maybe the coolest class I've ever seen in a shooter.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you have a melee mod with lifesteal and the Mark of Khorne the bonuses stack and you refill half of your healthbar with one quick attack.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Stanley Pain posted:

Apparently smart weapons auto aim to someone you are locked onto?? gently caress, I gotta bind my lock-on button to something useful

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I remember this. Wow, feels like forever ago.

I can get it for 30 bucks, might be worth it, right?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The game is still $40 on GMG:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade/

The game is pretty fun, albeit kinda janky. And it doesn't really perform well on my GTX 970, which is a shame. Lowering the graphics down reduces the render resolution and just makes things look terrible.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you want to get PC-y, under Local is the settings file and you can put the rendering to 100 while turning down the rest of the settings.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Nalin posted:

The game is still $40 on GMG:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade/

The game is pretty fun, albeit kinda janky. And it doesn't really perform well on my GTX 970, which is a shame. Lowering the graphics down reduces the render resolution and just makes things look terrible.

Game is nowhere close to what they promised. Its good and induces tons of nerd rage. Get it.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Whoever decided to allow melee guys to stun-lock people should be banned from game design :orks:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So when is this going free-to-play, because I feel like that model is pretty much inevitable for arena shooters like this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'd actually be pretty surprised if it did while it was still just a lobby shooter. If they survive long enough to do the open territories stuff I wouldn't be surprised to see a class/rank limited trial there. Big if though.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

MadJackMcJack posted:

Whoever decided to allow melee guys to stun-lock people should be banned from game design :orks:

You can roll out of a stun lock, if you can't roll you're a class that should stay away from melee but even than you can still manage to clang the enemy once or twice, which will give your buddies a chance to take the attacker out. If you're running around alone in a ranged focus class.... well, sucks to be you but the stun is one of the things that make the melee work. It's far from perfect, but once you get used to it it gives you more depth than most shooters. Which, at least for me, also translates to more fun.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dropped out of a ruined building onto a space marine with a chain axe wearing the dumb giant bat wing night lords helmet and I realized this game rules.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's not just a bat wing helmet, it's a giant bat wing helmet WITH A SICK SKULL.

Night Lords are the right kinda dumb.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 24, 2016

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

GoonSquad
[GOON]

What Race you guys playing ? been playing as Ork

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Sucks so bad aligned legions aren't in. We need World Eaters berserkers and Thousand Sons spooky marines.

SirBuddha posted:

What Race you guys playing ? been playing as Ork

ork obvi

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Lassitude posted:

Sucks so bad aligned legions aren't in. We need World Eaters berserkers and Thousand Sons spooky marines.

ork obvi

There an Ork Guild going?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This guild system is retarded. It's per faction, you can not have the same name across factions and there's no spaces in names. Only 4 letter tags, and they're unique as well.

There is absolutely no reason why these guilds can't be cross faction considering the only function they have is creating a roster.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 24, 2016

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

This guild system is retarded. It's per faction, you can not have the same name across factions and there's no spaces in names. Only 4 letter tags, and they're unique as well.

There is absolutely no reason why these guilds can't be cross faction considering the only function they have is creating a roster.

So GoonSquad is now an Eldar Guild ><

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

SirBuddha posted:

There an Ork Guild going?

Don't know, haven't seen anything.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SirBuddha posted:

So GoonSquad is now an Eldar Guild ><

I made a guild per faction. It's not ideal, but it'll do.

Eldar - GoonSquad [GOON]
Space Marines - GoonsOfImperium [G0ON]
Chaos Marines - FuckGoons [GO0N]
Ork - SquadOfGoons [G00N]

Join those and use it as a roster I guess. I'll hop on every day and approve/promote people so I'm not stuck running this poo poo.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 24, 2016

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I'll be making an appearance at the elder guild soon as Alb.

Striking scorpion is a cool class to play. Really cheap and easy to hear out too since they only have the pistol and weapon, they have a lot of room for extra stuff. Got +dmg chainblade and I'm doing 599 base damage power swings out of stealth in the butt. Nothing like sneaking up on a tactical and just watching them literally ragdoll-melt from one swing.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 24, 2016

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Ork - SquadOfGoons [G00N]

Should've named it The Goon Tide :colbert:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MadJackMcJack posted:

Should've named it The Goon Tide :colbert:

Didn't even think of that. Done. Smashteef you're gonna have to reapply to the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the GMG tip, I feel a lot better about picking this up for $40. Looks fun, I loved the hell out of Spacemarine and played a bunch of it's multiplayer.

• Locked thread