Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

The only place that sells soft pretzels in my city is Dairy Queen, and they are terribly mediocre ones with a tasteless white cheese sauce.

There was a booth at the annual fair that sold a single proper soft pretzel and nacho cheese for 7 dollars, and I didn't even care I was being gouged. It was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I'm not a huge fan, but it's my understanding that pretzels are pretty easy to make yourself.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
the only thing that i know about pretzels is that they almost offed bush

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I'm not a huge fan, but it's my understanding that pretzels are pretty easy to make yourself.

I've tried making my own, and they were okay enough, but I still wish I could just buy a pretzel.

Robot Made of Meat

Hogge Wild posted:

the only thing that i know about pretzels is that they almost offed bush

That's the best thing about them, and yet they still fell short.

MiracleWhale

i've heard that too; been meaning to try it myself. i also want to try making corn tortillas

FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

i've heard that too; been meaning to try it myself. i also want to try making corn tortillas
Masa, water. That's it. That's the recipe. I honestly do not think there is an easier think to make than corn tortillas except plain white rice.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hi byob. i tried to go to the deyoung museum to see a cool exhibit but was foiled by people in parking garages and golden gate park again, so we had shabu shabu instead. i'll try again on wednesday or something.

nobody send old people in silver priuses to back into my car and then yell at me about it, please.

i hope everyone has a great weekend and maybe makes some soft pretzels.

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
The only thing about handmade tortillas is that you will never want to eat store bought again

MiracleWhale

Palisader posted:

The only thing about handmade tortillas is that you will never want to eat store bought again

this is the hope but also the fear

a messed up horse

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there a good tortilla press? i've broken two of them getting too rowdy with the pressing

----------------

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
same for homemade soft pretzels tbh. owns owns owns

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Hey TT, have you ever done an A/T thread about living on a reservation? I'd be really interested in learning/reading about it, if you were down.

Robot Made of Meat

Munchables posted:

Hey TT, have you ever done an A/T thread about living on a reservation? I'd be really interested in learning/reading about it, if you were down.

alnilam

Palisader posted:

wisdom

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Munchables posted:

Every few months I think about doing a big effort thing, but I never get around to it, between school and work and poo poo. Part of me worries about not doing it justice, and not being the best person for it. Or maybe someone will call me out on something, and 'eh. Maybe I'll do it eventually.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 25, 2016

FluffieDuckie

:siren:i have a comment i need everyone to listen to :siren:

i've seen some funny threads get derailed today and that makes me sad

in byob we try really hard to make good, funny, or interesting threads. once we get a thread going with a lot of funny comments, it's super disrespectful to come in and change the subject or poo poo post or otherwise derail the flow of funny posts being made. i know this is different than what most of you are used to, so i'm going to be super patient while we all adjust, but if you see your posts getting edited or you get a pm from us or we say something to you in a thread about what you're doing, please be repectful and change what you're doing

if you just want to chat at another poster or talk about another topic, or just tell us what you had for dinner, this is the thread for that. it's not that we don't want you to feel free to talk to us, just please do it in the right place so we can continue to work on our funny stuff without being interrupted

thank you!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pogi

Why was GBS deleted. What drama did I miss? So confused.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

pogi posted:

the chthonian gods demanded it

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

pogi posted:

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to chill and do something rhyming with 'y'.

FluffieDuckie

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to chill and do something rhyming with 'y'.

Hug in a Can

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

rhyming with "y"... :o: maybe to pet a magpie...

I should know this! here's a fun thing I'm doing: writing a bot that detects puns in a sentence. it's for school! it's educational! :buddy:

Hug in a Can

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

ours is not to question why, ours is to chill and click "reply" :cool:

pogi

Hug in a Can posted:

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hug in a Can posted:

:krad: sig

big black turnout

Hug in a Can posted:

Mousedoodler

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Every few months I think about doing a big effort thing, but I never get around to it, between school and work and poo poo. Part of me worries about not doing it justice, and not being the best person for it. Or maybe someone will call me out on something, and 'eh. Maybe I'll do it eventually.

Anyone who calls you out on personal experiences is definitively unchill :c00l:

Mousedoodler fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 25, 2016

Hug in a Can

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

thanks lastgirl! it's by a cartoonist from france and it's about birds being cool, two things I love

how have you been? haven't seen you around in a minute

City of Glompton

Hug in a Can posted:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hug in a Can posted:

thanks lastgirl! it's by a cartoonist from france and it's about birds being cool, two things I love

i like the art style its really cute

im doing well, ive been busy helping out in C-SPAM and gaming and studying and stuff like that~

how about you friend

big black turnout

also ty fluffie for being so patient and kind w the refugees

FluffieDuckie

big black turnout posted:

also ty fluffie for being so patient and kind w the refugees

they've been almost universally respectful as they came in here and i appreciate that

we just have some cultural differences to iron out

Ace of Baes
I havent seen a single GBS refugee make a blood sacrifice at the ziggurat, if you wanna post in BYOB, respect the traditions.

MeccaPrime

good evening everybody, i had an amazing day of playing video games and basically doing nothing until i cooked steak and eggs for dinner - nothing like a lazy weekend after a long week at work

i hope you all are having a nice relaxing weekend

Wendigee

I have not read any of the last 100 posts (I tried, but it was mostly chat I wasn't involved in) but i did see a couple great signatures on show and I wanted to share them.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I have so many little knicknacks.

Dude has a sick rear end sig.

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a nice curio. There are bigger ones in China but they wouldn't sell them :(

Props to Jerry he stole DGSW's identity and is running with it, literally bipedal.

Hope everyone is having a chill Saturday!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Hug in a Can posted:

lol i thought that they were platypuses

----------------

Hug in a Can

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Lastgirl posted:

i like the art style its really cute

im doing well, ive been busy helping out in C-SPAM and gaming and studying and stuff like that~

how about you friend

definitely follow him on tumblr, he's very good.

I've working a lot, my life is like a montage set to rihanna's "work" or talking heads' "once in a lifetime!" how did I get here? but it's paying off :)
how is the election chat :ohdear: are you gonna live

Hug in a Can

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Hogge Wild posted:

lol i thought that they were platypuses

a platypus can be a cool dude too... that would be a good sig as well. thanks for the thought of that, hogge wild (I want to call you hogge wilde like oscar wilde)

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Hug in a Can posted:

a platypus can be a cool dude too... that would be a good sig as well. thanks for the thought of that, hogge wild (I want to call you hogge wilde like oscar wilde)

go ahead, many others do too

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

here's a sig for you:

----------------