Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

My Barbaracle Streisand, a Garchomp named LandSharpedo, Mega-Lopunny named Bunne Jenet and and Infernape named TheMostMath after a great Reverend quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My Barbaracle Streisand

Holy poo poo yes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could name yourself dante and wondertrade off infernapes with no nickname

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.
My top six are Hindenburg the Drifblim (with Explosion), Barbarella the Durant, Friend the Magnezone, Anita the Krookodile, Missingno. the Porygon-Z, and DINO-MIGHT the Tyrantrum, but I think Barbarella is at the top of the list.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
My Deoxys in AS was named Gattacock

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

HopperUK posted:

Cap'n UFO the Magnezone.
Shayera the Talonflame.
Skulkraken the Gyarados.
Goliath the Gliscor.
Panzer the Aggron
Robocop the Metagross. (With Bullet Punch, of course)
Anubis the Lucario
Fiona the Leafeon.
Egon and Ray the Rotoms.
Imhotep the Cofagrigus
Davy Jones the Carracosta
Sherribelle the Cincinno.
Vincent the Cryogonal (Vincent Ice)
Knives the Bisharp (with Cut, Psycho Cut, and Night Slash)
Foxy Cleo the Bouffalant.
Jacqueline the Gourgeist.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hindenberg the exploding Drifblim is beautiful. I really have to start putting in more effort.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

HopperUK posted:

Natural Ice the Vanilluxe.

E: Trainwreck the Leafeon, O.G. Purp the Oddish (in VC Red, natch), Dank Souls the Vileplume, Jack Herer the Bellossom. Oh and Green Crack the contrary, lax Snivy.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 25, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Capgras the Ditto
Oppenheimer the Shuckle (it was part of an elaborate rotation gimmick designed to allow it to destroy the entire enemy team after using Power Trick)

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

HopperUK posted:

Titania the Mega Mawile
Wednesday the shiny Mega Gardevoir
Wither the Leafeon
Manboth the Mamoswine
Scraggy2Dope the Scrafty
Why the Aromatisse
Strider the Greninja
RikiTikiTavi the Zangoose
Clematis the Serperior
Candlejack the Gourgei

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 25, 2016

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

PSWII60 posted:

RikiTikiTavi the Zangoose

The only correct name for Zangoose.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
My sticky web galvantula PeterSparker.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Network42 posted:

gently caress

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Network42 posted:

YES.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Wudyasei the Auiduno, Naughtingham the Chespin, Strider the Froakie, Mulder the Fenniken, Flarrow the Talonflame, Nat King the Torkoal, and some better ones I can't remember off the top of my head.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 25, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do any of you guys have your own personal rule for nicknames? Like for example, if I give a Pokemon with multiple heads a nickname it has to have a part for each individual head. So my Hydreigon is named Joe Jack Jim, and my Vanilluxe is Celci/Faren.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i have a personal rule for nickname pages in the pokemon megathreads: they suck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sweeping with Dwebble in Little Cup may be my new favorite thing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I name all garbodors blhue in honor of his opinions

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Do any of you guys have your own personal rule for nicknames? Like for example, if I give a Pokemon with multiple heads a nickname it has to have a part for each individual head. So my Hydreigon is named Joe Jack Jim, and my Vanilluxe is Celci/Faren.

I can never use the same name twice in a given game, even if I'm not going to use the first owner of a name. Pokemon are not interchangeable! They are individuals. I just remembered that when I first played Blue I just named every pokemon its species, so the name wouldn't change when it evolved.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
My Galvantula was Elegstricity

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but I did nickname a Snorunt that'll become a Froslass "Kimosno", a female Gible "Sandra" and a Snover "Douglas".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Blhue posted:

i have a personal rule for nickname pages in the pokemon megathreads: they suck.

Wow, me too

r00kit Cavalry
Sep 25, 2016

by zen death robot

HopperUK posted:

I can never use the same name twice in a given game, even if I'm not going to use the first owner of a name. Pokemon are not interchangeable! They are individuals. I just remembered that when I first played Blue I just named every pokemon its species, so the name wouldn't change when it evolved.

yakman applewhite y u cheat at tribe d00d?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791272

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn69LJ0239E&t=2193s

https://www.playmidair.com/

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

HopperUK posted:

Two of my favorites are Cybelle for lady Grass-types (Cybele being a nature goddess + belle for beauty)

And Swirly Joe my Poliwhirl.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Glad to see that extremely mentally ill people obsessed with ancient video games are still helping to fund SA.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Ancalagon the Hydreigon

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HopperUK posted:

Giles Pory

Also Serpentera my Rayquaza, Clarent my Shiny Honedge (taking over from the non-shiny one I had in Y, Hanzo Steele), and in Super Mystery Dungeon, My Team was Secret World, made up of Alex (Squirtle) and Mack (Fennekin).

Also I'm going to be naming my Palossand "Hammer" in Moon (because it's a Castle)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Glad to see that extremely mentally ill people obsessed with ancient video games are still helping to fund SA.

being obsessed with ancient games is badass you loser

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Classtoise posted:

Two of my favorites are Cybelle for lady Grass-types (Cybele being a nature goddess + belle for beauty)

And Swirly Joe my Poliwhirl.

I have a Beedrill named Cybele. She was for a mythology team with Thor the Raichu, Gaia the Flygon, Amphritite the Vaporeon and Erebus the Weavile.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Okay, I'll bite.

Aerosmith the Roggenrola. :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In Heart Gold, I made it a point to name every pokemon I caught after a different pantheon based on original generation. Led to Athena the Noctowl, Ouroboros the Dragonite (made more sense when she was a Dratini), and Artemis the Meganium.

I broke that rule only once, because I wanted to name my Red Gyarados Scylla.

Also I have two different pairs of Lati@s named Castor and Pollux. Both Latios are Castor, and both Latias are Pollux. Didn't even intend to do that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Countblanc posted:

being obsessed with ancient games is badass you loser

Being obsessed with a Tribes 2 forum and spending hundreds of dollars to accuse random SA posters of being part of a Tribes-based conspiracy isn't though

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Being obsessed with a Tribes 2 forum and spending hundreds of dollars to accuse random SA posters of being part of a Tribes-based conspiracy isn't though

wait is that what's happening lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Countblanc posted:

wait is that what's happening lol

Yeah. I think this is that guy from Toronto that was buying a bunch of accounts to try and do chargebacks a while back.

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
My best nickname is Molari Kurli the shiny Hydreigon

I keep Hyper Voice on him. I like to pretend he's doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdTRq3lxnXA

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Maybe now that NPCs trainers have learned how to buy different pokeballs they've also learned how to use TMs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HopperUK posted:

I have a shiny Mawile named 'Bad Hair Day".

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I usually go for a team theme when naming my dudes (Kaijus, Transformers, Steven Universe, Food items, etc) or if it's going in the PC forever either bad puns or commentary. Such as NottooHard the Dialga in a Fast Ball and "...really?" the Binacle. I've named every Geodude Wigger going back to Blue and don't remember why.

And a trade fodder Scatterbug from my brother called STUNKPELT. It's gone back forth so many times in the last few years between us. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
literally every single player at worlds generated their pokemon. not a single one of them use legit bred or captured mons. verlisify only started hopping on the hacking thing when his channel started dying, hes also insanely terrible at the game yet claims that he has won a ton of tournaments w/ no proof of having won any of them (he bought a trophy off amazon and shows it on his channel from time to time as a "vgc trophy")