Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
oh my loving god, these nicknames. I'm having such a hard time choosing, they even included M. Rossi!!!!!!! :sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

GutBomb posted:

What wheel are you using that's giving you trouble?

Fanatec CSWv2. I haven't actually had time to try it out yet, but if I had to guess it probably behaves the same as FM6: Apex (basic inputs work, but no FFB profile).

Seems like the target is late September for both FM6/FH3, so hopefully in time for the full release?
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst70330_FH3----Currently-Supported-Wheels.aspx

(I'm sure that, as with Apex, this would work with the PS3/G27 emulation mode, but given the other technical issues I think I'll just wait for the patch)

snack soul fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 24, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Apparently there's g27 issues anyway so I wouldn't count on that ps3 mode working either.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone figured out the easiest way to add the DLC cars/free cars to your garage?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Who else bought the novelty horn unlock DLC

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Has anyone figured out the easiest way to add the DLC cars/free cars to your garage?

Go to the autoshow, there's a DLC cars section on the menu. Add each car individually.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
no performance problems here on Xbox One :smug:

seriously though, did it take so long to unlock buying cars and such in previous FH games? I just want to cruise around pseudo-Australia in an Isetta already.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Go to the autoshow, there's a DLC cars section on the menu. Add each car individually.
loving hell.

E: Went back to Byron Bay to expand it to level 3. Select button got me my loyalty cars all at once. Then I had to go to the Autoshow and download each and every other DLC car one at a time. Pick car. Select color. Hit A a couple times. Wait for save. Watch unskippable car intro. Repeat. It's done, but I hope the cars download automatically into your garage from now on.

P.S. - Got most of my vinyls up just now. Nice to be in on the ground floor, selling already.

P.P.S. - DASHOE: PLEASE GET FH3 AND UPLOAD HOWDY TEARS. DON'T MAKE HOWDY CRY OR TRY TO COPY YOUR WORK MANUALLY!

P.P.P.S. - Looks like I must finally learn to drift. I've managed this long. I guess it's time to doriftu~.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 24, 2016

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hello car goons I would like a few more names on the horizon 3 leaderboards so add me Spiffy McWin

tia

I'm a loving idiot and saw the spreadsheet now.

Also lolling at my gtx1080 is auto detected to medium settings at 1080p

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Horizons 3 seems fun. How it's handled on the PC is a little iffy, tho. Runs basically in maximized window mode instead of proper fullscreen, the mouse cursor never goes away, and switching to the XBox app for sign-in and stuff is jarring. Other than that, it seems fun. Can't find a way to adjust steering sensitivity, tho (--edit: On the keyboard controls). Don't want to use the G27 for a game like this.

--edit:
Well, it pretends my G27 ain't one, anyway...

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 24, 2016

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Ford GT Horizon Edition is literally off the charts and I am never selling it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Really wish they would make the PI the same. A700 cars are now S848 or some poo poo. This is infuriating. And all the servers are slow as balls.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Horizons 3 seems fun. How it's handled on the PC is a little iffy, tho. Runs basically in maximized window mode instead of proper fullscreen, the mouse cursor never goes away, and switching to the XBox app for sign-in and stuff is jarring. Other than that, it seems fun. Can't find a way to adjust steering sensitivity, tho (--edit: On the keyboard controls). Don't want to use the G27 for a game like this.

--edit:
Well, it pretends my G27 ain't one, anyway...

Apex was kinda like that with the windowed thing but I think you could hit the maximize button and make it go fullscreen. But yeah the mouse was always there, you had to park it in the corner.

Also, are you playing this game with WASD?????

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Also, are you playing this game with WASD?????
Gamepad, what is that?

Eventually gonna try my G27 whenever they fix that.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

The Ford GT Horizon Edition is literally off the charts and I am never selling it.

Tell me more.

No seriously, how did you get it and what is broken about it?

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

The stuttering on PC seems to have a lot more to do with background asset loading than GPU utilization. Setting the FH3 task priority to "low" in the task manager solved most of my stuttering issues. Setting it to "high" immediately turns the game into a slideshow.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I don't have much stuttering, but in-game time rubberbands slightly.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Atmus posted:

Goon Racing Club [GRRC] created. [GRC] was taken, probably by jerks.

It's set to Friends Only, so friend "MacClay" and join up or whatever.

Clubs are unlocked after 320,000 Fans, which took me like 4 goddamn hours.
Just unlocked clubs and tried to join. it says not accepting requests and that you can only join via invitation (even though you are on my friends list).

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So I got the Ultimate Edition. How do I enable the VIP perks? So far when I click on the VIP Membership button in the menu and sign in, my game just crashes.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Come to Daddy.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

pvax posted:

Just unlocked clubs and tried to join. it says not accepting requests and that you can only join via invitation (even though you are on my friends list).

That's odd. I'll fix it.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Caved and brought the ultimate edition - game is cool and good :)

Once the club is set up, add me please! GT: Zip UK

Zip! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 24, 2016

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Oh cute, "Friends Only" refers to friends that I have friended, not people that friended me. Horizon 2 didn't seem to have this limitation. Set it to Open, I'll deal with sweeping out the randos (if any join) later on.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

This game looks amazing

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Online not working yet? Haven't been able to join any online freeroam session yet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fayez Butts posted:

So I got the Ultimate Edition. How do I enable the VIP perks? So far when I click on the VIP Membership button in the menu and sign in, my game just crashes.

MS hosed up and I believe all the extra packs don't unlock until the games standard release date on the 27th.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

MS hosed up and I believe all the extra packs don't unlock until the games standard release date on the 27th.

That would make sense, though it's kind of lovely. On the other hand Jeff Gerstmann seems to have VIP mode unlocked so I don't know what's up.

And here are some slow cars:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That is not the case. I'm getting VIP bonuses and I got all the DLC cars.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

GutBomb posted:

That is not the case. I'm getting VIP bonuses and I got all the DLC cars.

PC or Xbox?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft announced that the PC version has issues but they have not said anything yet about Xbox One. if you're able to, load the game on Xbox One first and then you should have all content when you move over to PC.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, XBOX has all the bonuses right now. Apparently you can get them unlocked on the PC as well by getting them on the XBox first, saving your game, and then loading the same game inside the PC version.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, XBOX has all the bonuses right now. Apparently you can get them unlocked on the PC as well by getting them on the XBox first, saving your game, and then loading the same game inside the PC version.

lend me ur xbox. Im gonna need you to overnight it to Philly

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That little bmw car owns and someone made a design with eyes and its cute as heck.

I had a few crashes last night which is a bummer. I dun have an Xbox so I hope they fix it fastish.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I strongly recommend everyone rush for the extra spins via credits skill. A extra spin is only 50k, and you can do that unlimited times.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Really wish they would make the PI the same. A700 cars are now S848 or some poo poo.
My A800 1970 AWD Camaro from FH2 imported as S831 or so. I dropped from race to sport tires and dropped to A799 in one go. FYI. Flywheel and drive shaft upgrade later, back to A800. Feels like home.

Mr.Citrus posted:

I strongly recommend everyone rush for the extra spins via credits skill. A extra spin is only 50k, and you can do that unlimited times.
Will do. 7 skill points away. Thanks for the rec.

That pre-order AMG is the loving tits. Sounds mean as hell, too. The Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé Preorder Car.

I'm only at 206k fans. It'll be awhile before the club tab opens for me. Gonna grab some barn finds and add a driver, then I'll get back to grinding fans.

The one thing about driving that is aggravating me is the engine hiccup you get whenever you lose traction/hit something, etc. I hate that pause between hitting the gas and the engine waking back up.

What's some fun poo poo to do when you're convoyed up?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 25, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Fayez Butts posted:

PC or Xbox?

I'm on pc. They weren't there the night of. I fired it up the next day and there they were. I didn't do anything with my Xbox.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
So did the Xbox One thread finally suffocate to death under the anti-MS ImP'zoners or is it now floating around with a different name/thread tag

edit: "You'd be a terrible train driver! You're early!" Huge slam on train drivers out of nowhere!

edit2: Anyone else having trouble getting Groove Music to work as an ingame radio station? I sat up the trial period, went into the app and selected a playlist, but FH3 keeps saying there's a network error when I turn to the Groove radio station, and that I need to check my connections. Obviously not having any network issues as I can still play online. I quit both the Groove app and FH3, and rebooted the game, but the error persists.

Not that it's a big pain - plenty 3rd party apps let me jam a USB stick into the Bone and play my favorite music that way, but I'd like it to be integrated into the game - much like the original Forza Horizon allowed me.

Of all the hosed up bungles MS made with the Bone, I can't believe they didn't keep personal music a priority. That was one of the best features of the 360.

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 25, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
ANNA: :v: There's a bonus board nearby. Would you like me to set a route for you?
Me: Sure, if it's nearby. I'm 2.5 files from my destination, so yeah.
ANNA: :v: *Sets route to a fast travel board that's visible on the world map and is over four miles away.*
Me: FFFFFFFFF

Finally have 320k+ fans. Hope my Club tab opens soon.

I started a club for me and my old buddy ToneZone750 who is learning to drive. If he doesn't gain enough fans to join, I'll quit and come join GRRC. I had to give the guy a chance, we ran TFC clans together under the same name.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 25, 2016

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
The original Horizon (and all of its DLC) is in fact being pulled off the 360 marketplace after 4 years, but at least they gave a heads-up this time: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_23_16

You have until October 20 to get it in case you haven't bought it during one of the times it was on sale for $5 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The only downside to this game has been making me realize how much worse my PC monitors colour is compared to my ~6 years younger TV.

• Locked thread