Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I need to point this out: Hookmon is very weirdly coloured in this game. Here he is, in his normal colours:

Also, years later, Hookmon would get another evolution: CaptainHookmon, released at the same time as Petermon and Tinkermon for a full Peter Pan cast, only this one fully accepts Peter Pan is an rear end in a top hat and Captain Hook is the hero.

Apart from Hookmon, who definitely is cool...I had no idea about Baromon changing names either. I was sure that there had to be a way, seeing as how names don't change with evolution, but I never found what and I eventually just accepted it was this game being dumb...and it was, you'd think there would be something pointing this out! Digimon World 3!

Also, you keep complaining about Numemon and ladders...Numemon can stick to walls. Why would it need a ladder? Though of course, it doesn't particularly matter if Numemon was human anyways.

Also also, Yeti, you forgot to put HiAndromon's level. He's a Mega, and Andromon's canonical evolution, of course. This makes Andromon one of those weird Digimon that haven't been protagonists in an anime (being a secondary character in Adventure and Tamers, even having a Tamer in the latter) yet have a full line: Hagurumon -> Guardromon -> Andromon -> HiAndromon. Guardromon to Andromon is shown in Tamers, although backwards, Andromon loses his Perfect stage before joining Hirokazu and never evolves again because the world is cruel.
On the topic of HiAndromon, it might be my memory failing, but didn't he use a technique named Copy-Paste or something to that extent? I swear I remember him doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also also, Yeti, you forgot to put HiAndromon's level. He's a Mega, and Andromon's canonical evolution, of course. This makes Andromon one of those weird Digimon that haven't been protagonists in an anime (being a secondary character in Adventure and Tamers, even having a Tamer in the latter) yet have a full line: Hagurumon -> Guardromon -> Andromon -> HiAndromon. Guardromon to Andromon is shown in Tamers, although backwards, Andromon loses his Perfect stage before joining Hirokazu and never evolves again because the world is cruel.
On the topic of HiAndromon, it might be my memory failing, but didn't he use a technique named Copy-Paste or something to that extent? I swear I remember him doing that.

Alternatively, Bandai Asia's D-Power version 3 Digivice virtual pet has Kokuwamon as Guardromon's Rookie stage which is also possible in the Digimon Pendulum virtual pet:

And while Kokuwamon is typically linked to Kuwagamon* and in fact can Digivolve into it, it can also Digivolve into Clockmon, Mekanorimon, and Tankmon in addition to Guardromon.

*Since both are named after stag beetle species with the former being the Little Stag Beetle (Dorcus rectus) while the latter is the Saw Stag Beetle (Prosopocoilus inclinatus).
Also just a heads up, Wikimon images don't seem to display correctly on the forum anymore when using Chrome for whatever reason.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 23, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Aaah the 90s/early 2000s...when featuring a computer in your film/game was a dead giveaway that the plot would eventually have the evil guys haxoring TEH INTERWEBZ to take over the world/launch a nuclear attack/have a communications satellite launch a death beam.

And Digimon World 3 has all of them :allears:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Thanks for the catch. Fixed now.

Also, no, each enemy in the game has one and only one Tech. HiAndromon's is AtomicRay.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kemix posted:

I'm gonna be short. Sweet. And to the point here Fioner. Don't poo poo up this thread like you did Giver's please. There's a reason you "earned" that avatar combo there. Much like I earned mine.

For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

corn in the bible posted:

For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it.

Yeah, this isn't Forbidden Memories. If you cut the grinding down to a managable level, actually guided the player to know that enemies have elemental weaknesses and which, and spiced up the environments a bit, this'd be a pretty good RPG and definitely one of the better Digimon games. It has far more charm than the DS games, it isn't a broken mess like the first World or as weird as what followed it, and I much prefer a normal RPG to a dungeon crawler/RPG hybrid that's just as full of grinding as is World 2. And let's not even talk about World 4.

Sadly this game is still super grindy, it doesn't help the player at all, and while most places are okay some can get boring, which is honestly a minor complaint since you could say the same about most RPGs. The others are far bigger problems, especially the grinding.

GeneralYeti posted:

Also, no, each enemy in the game has one and only one Tech. HiAndromon's is AtomicRay.

I could've sworn. Weird. Maybe it's on another machine Digimon and I just mixed it with my memories of the HiAndromon fight, I haven't gotten this far in the game since I was a kid and could actually stomach the stupid amount of grinding needed. I sure as hell can't now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
For all the pain that it caused me with the dungeon trekking, I still liked DW2 because it had some rocking musical themes. :colbert: And they actually went to the effort of having voiced lines for all the attacks.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I remember being surprised Andromon was an ultimate too. I warrant it to the fact that he was introduced in the first arc of the tv show where nearly everything was a champion and we didn't even really know ultimates were a thing.

GeneralYeti posted:

It's also a really small area. I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be Crests in the background, there.

Were you talking about the yellow-ish drain pipe in the back or maybe that dark smudge outline to the right of it? The pipe looked like a crest to me too before I looked at the screenshots enough that my brain figured them out and now can't go back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That whole plot dump was just white noise and :moreevil:.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zagglezig posted:

I remember being surprised Andromon was an ultimate too. I warrant it to the fact that he was introduced in the first arc of the tv show where nearly everything was a champion and we didn't even really know ultimates were a thing.

Andromon wasn't the only Ultimate on File Island! Monzaemon was one, too.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope the grind to the digimon we all know you're setting Veemon up to be is long and painful, because I want revenge for reading this plot

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This game doesn't have plot points so much as it has a plot shotgun with a ridiculously loose choke.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

beginning of update

middle of update

end of update

:bang:

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

GeneralYeti posted:

beginning of update

middle of update

end of update

:bang:

Heh. Random encounter rates bogging you down? I remember DQ6 DS being like that in underwater regions.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Come back to this post in a couple of updates will you? :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And again, I have to wonder why they bothered to do practically everything the Pokemon RPGs were doing in this game aside from a form of fast travel that wasn't tedious.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And again, I have to wonder why they bothered to do practically everything the Pokemon RPGs were doing in this game aside from a form of fast travel that wasn't tedious.

So they could advertise an extra 20 hours of playtime :v:

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Same reason the encounter rates are so high in the DS games. They know there's a lot of grinding required, so they make such a high number of encounters happen in the first place so you, ahem, "naturally" have the levels required wherever you go.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

ps1 rpgs were expected to be a hundred hours long and they pretty much always did it with padding

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

corn in the bible posted:

ps1 rpgs were expected to be a hundred hours long and they pretty much always did it with padding

"Dammit, Maggie left her Chutulhu plush doll in front of the door. Better go find her so she can move it"

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Yeah, this game doesn't understand how to do good fetch quest design at all.

[insert meta joke about it's wasting your time just like how real MMOs do]

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ephraim225 posted:

Same reason the encounter rates are so high in the DS games. They know there's a lot of grinding required, so they make such a high number of encounters happen in the first place so you, ahem, "naturally" have the levels required wherever you go.

Except that in this case, you're retreading through old areas where the exp is terrible, in a game where the amount of grinding you need to do steadily rises exponentially as you get stronger.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Update 13: 360 Degrees

So, last time, we had a plot twist worthy of Megaman Battle Network, in which everyone was :moreevil: and basic computer knowledge was twisted and distorted.

Glad to see this game taking ideas from more children-oriented video game fiction.

This time, we've been kicked out to the Sewers to head all the way back to Asuka City. (The door at the top right of the screenshot is the entrance to the Secret Room, by the way. It's, uh... not very secret.)

Is the password to enter this Secret Room bacon?

WaruMonzaemon: I just wanted a cute bride.

This guy's healed up after the beatdown we gave him, but he's still weird.

That bitch is crazy. She ain't worth it, Mr. Teddy Bear.

So who's ready to walk all the way back to Asuka City? Yes, we have to go from the Sewers, back through Dum Dum Factory, back through the Badlands, and back through the Seabed that connects to Plug Cape.

The only upside of this is the small amount of grinding I get to do, but still. The enemies aren't even threatening anymore, and the DV EXP they give off isn't enough for a skill level up even after four or five battles.

backtracking! :circlefap:

Click for music

Anyway. When we reach Asuka Bridge, the music playing is a bit... different. (Despite what the audio title might be called, it's actually the A.o.A theme in the OST.)

Yay for atmosphere!

In addition, the guards are gone and the gate is closed. We're locked out.

Well gently caress that poo poo. I didn't show off this Dive point back when going over the stuff available to us, because I knew we'd hit it as part of the actual story.

...Did this Team Rocket leader Game Master chick really just left an alternate path into her stronghold? And NOT have it guarded? Keep in mind that this is an MMO. So, someone DESIGNED this. Team Rocket seriously didn't keep this in check? :psyduck:

Immediately after we dive, there's an exit. Well, that was quick!

Unfortunately, it just leads back to a previously-unreachable part of Asuka Bridge, which nets us a pair of Iron Gloves. Which means that yeah, we do have to go through the Seabed.

Aside from that one little detour, it's a straight shot to the exit. The only enemy down here is Gesomon, which can be kind of a fucker. Granted, I'm not using the Gyms to raise my stats, but still.

Having only one type of enemy doesn't help your pacing, game. Give the player new things to fight. Geez.

Click for music

So hey, welcome to the Asuka Sewers!

You might recognize this top part.

"Let us up! Do it you lazy bum!

This sword has a draining effect on it, but none of my current partners can use it, and besides why would I use that when I could be using a Zweihander instead? Killing things faster is almost always better.

Anyway, that's the only little detour we'll be taking here. So might as well go over the enemies in this area, because they're both new.

Name: Cyclonemon
Level: Champion

Drops: Wisdom Chip

2 STR, 3 DEF, 4 SPR, 4 WIS, 3 SPD,
2 FIRE, 2 WATER, 2 ICE, 2 WIND, 2 THUNDER, 2 MACHINE, 2 DARK

EXP: 134, BIT: 270

Regular Attack: No Element
Technique: Twin Missile (Magic-Machine)

Name: Raremon

Drops: Armor Chip

3 STR, 5 DEF, 3 SPR, 3 WIS, 3 SPD,
2 FIRE, 2 WATER, 2 ICE, 1 WIND, 3 THUNDER, 3 MACHINE, 3 DARK

EXP: 135, BIT: 270

Technique: Paralyze Shock (Magic, Chance of Freeze)

Both of these guys are champions, which is weird because we just got finished beating up HiAndromon, who is a Mega. Anyway. Cyclonemon isn't really all that threatening - he can hit kinda hard with Twin Missile, but not the biggest problem so long as you have a good physical hitter.

Raremon, on the other hand, is a REAL fucker. His 5 DEF means that regular attacks will do next to nothing, and his only real weakness is Wind, which none of my Digimon know how to use well. Sure, Paildramon gives me access to a pretty strong one, but at the same time it's A) Paildramon, which I don't want to level up since it takes DV EXP from MetalGreymon, and B) a Magic tech, when Paildramon/Veemon is a physical attacker. Ugh.

Good. Make this game take longer! Torture the LPer!

Well, just be wary of Raremon and you should be fine. He can also paralyze you with his Tech, which makes his fights take even longer than they really should.

Moving on, the south branch (that I'm not showing) is a dead end that leads to nothing, and the east branch (the one I'm on) leads to a new area.

Click for ambience.

Oddly cool for this game.

Hello, what do we have here?

We have a Digimon, that's what we have.

Who are
you?

:cripes: Battle Network spacing.

Datamon: You came all the way here to battle me? I'm good to go anytime! Let's battle!
Kite: All right! Let's battle!
Datamon: !!! ...beep! You can't copy me! You have to come up with your own line!
Kite: What? Umm... OK. Let's get it on!

I think this game tries too hard, sometimes.

Not sure I concur. I just think they tried to emulate what other successful RPGs/stories did, and copied the wrong aspects.

Click for music!

Anyway, boss battle time!

Name: Datamon (Boss)
Level: Ultimate

Drops: Recovery Crest (Chance Drop), Rusty Gloves (After Defeat)

3 STR, 3 DEF, 4 SPR, 3 WIS, 4 SPD,
2 FIRE, 1 WATER, 3 ICE, 2 WIND, 1 THUNDER, 3 MACHINE, 2 DARK

EXP: 340, BIT: 1000

Regular Attack: Machine Element
Technique: Auto Recover (Heal a small portion of HP every turn or every few turns, depending on how often the skill is used)

Datamon is kind of a fucker.

You might not be able to see it very well (I couldn't, even when playing) but Datamon's regular physical attack is what he's doing in the official art up in his bio. This is the only reason he's dangerous, especially since his Tech is only stalling. The attack hits four times, and does quite a lot of damage.

In comparison, his Tech is largely useless. It just wastes his turn to give him some healing every time his turn ends; the problem with that is that we get to attack before his healing starts kicking in, so he just wasted his turn.

My strategy going into the fight was have WarGrowlmon eat the full four hits of his first attack. The reason for that was because at level 10 (which WarGrowlmon was at) Counter Alert is learned, which acts as a discount Counter Crest. It only does about 75% of the damage, but that's still a lot, since Renamon's defense is so low. After that, I switched out to MetalGreymon, for his higher Metal Resistance, and just had a regular old slugfest.

A boss with high defense, healing and attack damage? Much better fights without the Counter Crest. I still want to see harder fights. :colbert:

Which, as I'm talking about it instead of still trying to record this update, I clearly won.

Datamon: It's Rusty Gloves! It's an ultra rare item, so cherish it.
Kite: Huh?! Ah, OK, I'll keep it... Thanks... I got Rusty Gloves... Great, I think?

I'm not sure why Kite questions the Rusty Gloves, when he was thrilled at getting the Old Wand, the Old Fang, and the Rusty Rifle.

Datamon: There're secrets to old armors and weapons in the Digital World. Find armor digivolved Digimon that know these secrets.
Kite: Oh, OK! I'll find those armor digivolved Digimon!

This is thrilling and all, but not exactly what we came here for.

Datamon: ...if I open the basement gate, you can go in. ...do you have a DO Staff Pass? ...you don't?! I can't take commands from non-personnel.

Oh, so Team Rocket did prepare for someone using the hidden entrance.

poo poo, we hit a dead-end. NOOOOOO

Well gently caress. Hm... Now who would we know who had a Staff Pass? Probably someone who... worked for... Digimon Online...

...Don't tell me.

Rssm frrsm, making me go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE SECRET ROOM...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE SEABED

Also of note, I called those yellow things in the wall Crests last update. Someone in the thread pointed out that they were actually sewer pipes.

I can't unsee it now. It's like that FedEx arrow.

Click for music!

Well, Kurt used to work for Digimon Online, so he should hopefully still have his Staff Pass. Y'know, since we're assuming the antagonists are :moreevil: and therefore totally incompetent and wouldn't revoke his staff access after he quit.

Kail: Hey Kite! What's wrong?
Kite: I can't get into Asuka City. If I had a Staff Pass, then maybe I could get in...
Kail: A Staff Pass?
Kurt: !!! Oink! Oink!
Kail: What are you trying to say Kurt?
[sic]

Kurt's trying to say that you have problems with your comma usage.

[sic] burn

Kite: Maybe Kurt has one.
Kail: That must be it! Kurt did work here!

I'm just going to point out that Kite had no idea Kurt would have had a Staff Pass. Basically, I think you were supposed to start in Central Sector, and search everywhere for one of them, eventually making your way here and finding the cutscene. Why?! This game has the shittiest approach to handholding, where one second they tell you exactly what to do and where to go, and then the next it just says 'Have fun! Find out what to do next!'

Ugh.

Hahahahahaha, you're playing an online game. You should look up how to get to the next plot point...online!

Kite: Huh? Lisa, what are you doing there?
Lisa: As you can see, this room is a big mess. So, I was cleaning it up with Kail.
Kail: Hey, Lisa. Was there a Staff Pass laying around?
Lisa: Sorry, I haven't seen it yet. It's all Kurt's fault for keeping things so messy!
Kurt: Oink, oink!

Y'know, I was going to give the game poo poo for blaming Kurt and the guy not saying anything, but, well, he's an Oinkmon.

Men are all pigs, you see.

Kail: What should we do? I'm sure that it's here.

Lisa: If they help, we'll be finished in no time.
Kite: Your friends?
Lisa: Yes. Their names are Keith and Nick.
Kite: !!! ...What!? Keith and Nick!?

Looks like Tweedledum and Tweedledee are part of Lucky Mouse's crew. That means we have to deal with those idiots, right?

Lisa: Oh, you know them, Kite? Then it shouldn't take you that much time! Oh, and I last heard from them in South Sector.
Kite: Oh, ah, OK...

...What? We don't have time for this! It'd be quicker just using your goddamn Digimon to help clean the room and find the DO Staff Pass! :argh:!!

Sure enough, if we go search for Nick where we last saw him, he's not there, nor is Keith in the Ether Jungle. Mother fucker...

:bang: The excuses this story uses to pad the game.

Well, everyone knows that the first thing that you do when trying to find a guy in an RPG is go to the closest town and ask around.

Click for music

Strongman Kyle: Yeah, I saw them in this city. But I don't know where they went...

Huh. That was relatively painless.

If you remember, this Renamon wouldn't let us past back when we first visited Suzaku City. Now, though, she's moved out of the way.

Renamon: Some strange looking men just went inside.

Surprise! There's another secret dive spot, hidden in the middle of the city.

...Yeti, no. Don't do this. Turn around!

It's just a straight shot to the end, no detours or anything. The enemies aren't even interesting, it's just Dolphmon only.

Click for ambience.

However, the Suzaku UG Lake, where it lets out, has something new for us.

Name: ShogunGekomon

Drops: Chaos Wave

3 STR, 3 DEF, 4 SPR, 4 WIS, 3 SPD,
2 FIRE, 3 WATER, 1 ICE, 2 WIND, 1 THUNDER, 2 MACHINE, 2 DARK

EXP: 101, BIT: 490

Technique: Confuse Gas (Magic, Chance of Confuse)

ShogunGekomon, for real this time! He's not worth all that much experience, all things considered, and he's still squishy as hell when it comes to anything related to Ice or Thunder. The Chaos Wave is a useable item, which automatically means it's going to just sit in my bag forever.

However, he does have one thing going for him:

Click for music!

I've finally been confused! Hooray!

So Confusion is pretty fantastic. Basically, what it does is select six random commands from a list of ten or so, and just puts them in your command list instead of the usual Attack, Tech, DV, Tag, so on and so forth. This could get you in trouble. Mainly because of the six, three or four are a hidden Attack command. If you select that, then you'll do a regular physical attack.

However, on occasion you'll get unlucky and choose one of the duds. Pretty much everything about the duds is fantastic, but they're so rare that it's a reward rather than a punishment. This is the Seduct failure, by the way. My centaur cyborg with ALL THE GUNS is trying to seduce a fat gecko.

LP makes you write the strangest sentences.

This game just redeemed itself a little bit. :allears:

By the way, it's literally ALL THE GUNS.

Well, that's enough of that. Back on track.

But I want more confusion. Do it with a female Digimon next! DO IT!!

Up that ladder, it leads to another ladder (the one in the bottom right corner, there.)

That ladder, in turn, leads to a few things. In order, right to left...

Nothing.

A weapon for Monmon that is STILL outclassed by the Shotguns I bought.

And where Kyukimon would be hanging out, had we not started with Kotemon in our party.

Back down on the first landing, after going up the first ladder, there's also this little place to the left. Giver Lite and the Man in Black are there, so let's approach them.

As soon as we do so, we're caught in a cutscene.

Nick: Really, will you do your job for once?! You've been playing this game since we got here!
Keith: Ha ha ha ha, that's right! But this is a valid plan! They'll probably try to get in contact with strong players!
Nick: You're not fooling anyone! From now on, we're going as planned!
Keith: No way! I like doing what I'm doing! It's my free will. Freedom!
Nick: ...Keith!

This whole exchange is basically me and Giver on a daily basis. Giver is just interested in being a dickbag, while I'm trying to actually get poo poo done.

Sadly true. But being a dickbag is so much fun!

Nick: Oh, you're that kid from...
Keith: Hey kid. You wanna fight me?!
Kite: Ah... no. Lisa asked me to get Keith and Nick.
Keith: ...oh she did, did she?
Nick: Oh, we better get going or she'll be mad!

I'm a little surprised they just dropped everything and started walking away, actually.

Yeah, for once there isn't any bullshit...aside from having to find them.

Keith: We don't have time to wait. Take us now!
Nick: Yeah, take us to her right now!
Kite: ...Huh? Ah, sure!

At least they were kind enough to just teleport us here instead of making us walk all the way back, like before. How... nice.

GASP! Even the creators knew the Seabed sucked!

Lisa: All right! Nick, look for a pass code in the computer! Keith, you clean up the documents! Come on, hurry up!
Keith/Nick: Yes ma'am!/Roger that!
Lisa: See, it won't take that long now.
Kail: Um, ah, Lisa. Who are those two?
Lisa: Oh, they're just my friends.

When you see Keith/Nick, that's when they're talking at the same time, for the record. The first line is the first person, the second line is the second.

Kite: Don't look at me.

Clearly, they're her indentured servants.

Bitches be crazy.

Lisa: Hey, good job you two! So did you find a Staff Pass?
Keith/Nick: Staff Pass?/Staff Pass?
Lisa: You guys are useless! What are you guys doing?!
Keith/Nick: Oh, I'm sorry!/Sorry! I'll find it this time!
Lisa: Sorry. Can you wait a little longer?

There's a quick fade out and reload. Like, c'mon game, really?

Nick: ...hey, I found it! Lisa is very demanding... But that was off the record. Here you go!
Kite: Yeah! I got a Staff Pass!
Lisa: Oh, you found it? Way to go, Nick!

And like always, the Giver-esque person was completely useless the whole time.

Except when it comes to wasting your time. :allears:

Nick: Thank you ma'am!
Kite: Kail, Lisa, I'm off.
Lisa: Good luck! We're counting on you!
Kail: Be careful, OK?!

And then we're dropped off here again.

It's actually possible to do a low-level run of the game, did you know? Since the majority of the stat boosts come from equipment and accessories, it's not that hard to keep your stats up. The only thing that doesn't ever raise is HP and MP.

Random comment is random. Ah, whatever. We gotta fill time just as much as this game does.

I was just browsing when it popped up, actually. I was looking up stuff on Veemon's Digivolution branches when I saw that, and I was curious.

To beat the bosses, since you're not going to be able to go against them toe to toe, it's basically 'Equip Counter Crest and let them kill themselves'. There's also a glitch you can abuse, where buffs don't actually expire when a Digimon dies, so you can just spend a few turns buffing your fighter and then letting it die. Revive it, and then all your buffs will reset in length, leaving you with a Digimon that's about two or three times as powerful as it had been before. (Each level of buff is about 8% stronger than the one before it, up to +5 which jumps up to 50% stronger than base level.)

By the way, have you noticed that I've just re-used the past three screenshots from the beginning of the update? That'd be because we're doing THE EXACT SAME THING. We're just making the same trip twice, from the Sewers to the Asuka Sewers and Datamon.

Maybe now he'll will help us out. But I'm going to save that for next time, because I'm just IRRITATED from having to go back and forth three times, so gently caress this poo poo, I'm out.

You should have taught one of your Pokemon Fly.

GeneralYeti fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 25, 2017

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
If you're doing the evolution line I think you are, you DO need to level up Paildramon to 50, since Veemon needs more than level 40 to get Imperialdramon

EDIT: v Oh right, sorry, my bad. Nevermind then! Sidenote: if you fight Datamon before this bit of plot, you still have to go talk to him, go back to Secret Room and do the rest of the plot. It's baaad

Waterfall of Salt fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 28, 2016

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Waterfall of Salt posted:

If you're doing the evolution line I think you are, you DO need to level up Paildramon to 50, since Veemon needs more than level 40 to get Imperialdramon

Paildramon is level 50. I think it was in the grinding log that everyone ignored.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
A question, if I may.
Why does the cyborg centaur Helghast have a butthole?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

A question, if I may.

for pooping

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Fish Noise posted:

A question, if I may.

That's his exhaust port you racist! >:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
a butt can also be a gun

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Tunicate posted:

for pooping

if all else fails, if there's something weird in Digimon, poop is somehow involved

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

if all else fails, if there's something weird in Digimon, poop is somehow involved

In Cyber Sleuth, well trained poop is the key to both power leveling and rare item acquisition.

DjinnAndTonic
Jun 1, 2010

"I don't have the energy to put up with idiots. She makes me want to punch kittens."
Oh this game. Will it ever be properly LP'd?! I can only hope so!

I remember loving this game as a kid but also never being even slightly capable of beating it. As of the most recent update I think we've reached the furthest point I've ever gotten to. I hope to one day see how this game ends, but playing it is kinda torturous now that I'm an adult. I'm counting on you!

It's interesting to see how different my reaction to the game is now as an adult compared to how it was as a kid. Even little things like when Kite and Kail dressed up as Agumon. As an adult, it's kinda creepy. As a kid, I thought it was kinda cute and funny. I remember thinking that Kite probably thought it was fun and that Kail must've been scowling the whole time. I even doodled a picture back then that I dug up just for you guys. Have some decades-old fanart!

Should've made her more scowly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
loving christ you as a kid draws way better then me as an adult ;_;

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how you fight the boss and then when you're high on victory, he goes, "oh wait you have to go get that keycard".

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
I have seen the next part of the story.

Someone please put me out of my misery. Did the developers not understand how to pace, well, anything? Not even counting the lovely fetch quests.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Part of LPs is suffering for the readers' amusement. :colbert:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

gently caress this game.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Update 14: Bast

Last time, we went back and forth and back and forth and then back one more time. Basically, we fought one boss and then made a sum total of zero progress.

This update will not be anything like that.

Datamon: Employees of Digimon Online have them.
Datamon: !!! Oh, you do have a Staff Pass. I apologize... OK, I'm opening the gate, please enter.
Kite: Ah, thanks!

gently caress yeah. See, was that so hard, game? You all could have cut out 90% of the last update and it wouldn't change the plot at all.

Wait a minute. We are 2 images into this update and I already see a slew of problems.

1) Pointless fetch quest that Yeti already pointed out -- Strike 1.
2) Datamon doesn't see anything wrong with Kite having a Staff Pass despite not having one prior -- Strike 2
3) The Staff Pass does not have any sort of ID on it to distinguish an employee -- Strike 3
4) Kite, an 11 year old, somehow holds a Staff Pass for an organization that would employ people of working age. Datamon sees nothing wrong with this -- Strike 4

SIGH. Already turning into a shitshow. What's next?

This giant-rear end door is now open, so let's go.

Click for music. (This is gonna be playing through all of this update that's not one particular room that I'll point out, or a battle of some sort.)

We're currently in the Admin Center B1F - essentially, we circumvented the main gate to Asuka City by going underneath it. However, we have a goon blocking our way towards progress and Asuka City proper.

Trooper: You'll never win against the A.o.A!

If you're playing along, get used to these two lines. We'll be seeing them a lot.

Holy poo poo, so Datamon is just poorly programmed.

...Strike 5.

The Trooper has these two dudes as our opponents. Raremon is handled by liberal application of Air Blast and other Wind Magic techs, and Cyclonemon can be put out to pasture by regular attacks.

And then after we win the Trooper is gone. Did Kite just commit murder?

They logged out. Oh wait, we can't do that because of the error thing. MURDERER!

Useful, but now that we have 2000+ health, 500 just isn't gonna cut it. Especially since the only reason to use items is in the heat of battle, and a quarter of our health doesn't really help when enemies are hitting for that much in one turn.

Moving right along, our path is blocked by another Trooper fight. Same deal as the first, just a Raremon and a Cyclonemon. They vanish after we win, freeing up the path.

Aaand then again.

Look at all this XP and money!

At least there are prizes behind door number 3 - the Recovery Disk is actually a Life Disk. The chest had the wrong name for it... (Well done, game. Blatantly lying to the player, now.) Either way, the Life Disk acts as a Revive for when your Digimon get taken down in battle.

Strike 6

If we backtrack a little bit to where that third fight was, there's a ladder we can take that leads up. From there, beat up this next A.o.A loser and we get pathetic amounts of money. Seriously, we got more BIT from the fight than the chest.

:cripes: Strike 7

Regardless, we're almost free. Just beat this guy, and...

...drat it. We're now in the Basement Stairs area.

At least there are some new enemies in the Trooper line-up.

I know I already used this one before, but drat it if it doesn't fit.
Name: Guardromon

Drops: None

4 STR, 5 DEF, 3 SPR, 3 WIS, 1 SPD,

EXP: 147, BIT: 290

Technique: None

Name: Tankmon

Drops: None

4 STR, 5 DEF, 3 SPR, 3 WIS, 1 SPD,

EXP: 152, BIT: 300

These guys have the exact same stats, but Tankmon is about maybe half a tick stronger than Guardromon. Still, they're slow as balls, and the Thunder weakness isn't doing much for them. Seriously, they have pretty ridiculous strength (hitting MetalGreymon for 500 a shot, even through his higher defense and Machine resistance) but it doesn't matter when I'm blocking 9 out of 10 attacks.

Digimon, digital monsters
Digimon are the stinkiest!

That little area leads out to a place I actually didn't know existed, since you can't see the treasure chest from the main part of Asuka City. There's 1000 BIT in it, which makes me wonder why the optional chest only has a tenth of that.

Because troll game design.

Moving along, there's another two Troops blocking our way...

But they've only got Guardromon and Tankmon. That's the new Trooper line-up, by the way. No different Digimon, no random battles. Just those two, in that configuration always.

*sniff, sniff* I smell a strike incoming. Boring enemy lineup!

This place might look familiar - it's the Admin Center we snuck into earlier as Agumon.

But, since we're here, I'm going to take a detour outside and heal up. Veemon doesn't do quite as well as a walking Power Charge as Patamon did, due to a lower MP pool, and I hadn't visited an Inn since before I left Dum Dum Factory the second time. He's running low.

:smith: : Hazard Fang, admired by all members!

OH HEY there's an auction going on. So, yeah, you better get the item now, since the timeframe for this one is pretty tight. It's from when you realize Asuka City is closed, to the end of this particular scenario. I pick up the Hazard Fang for 2700 BIT, leaving me with about 110,000 BIT. Even a shopping spree in the Heavy Armory (to get new equipment for my guys, since their armor could use a boost now that I'm not deliberately taking a bunch of damage) leaves me with about 100K.

Money, right now, isn't that big a problem.

Moving right along, we've already seen this stuff.

The layout of the area hasn't changed from the last time we were here.

If these are giving nice XP, I guess I could let it slide.

Of course, since we can now beat up the people blocking our way, it gives us access to areas we weren't able to reach before. Case in point, this Metal Horn - it's a Head armor slot that actually boosts Power rather than Defense. Veemon gets it immediately, netting a nice 50 point boost.

Aside from that, there's only one new area we can reach.

Behind the second soldier is this place. There's actually a sneaky treasure chest hidden in the top right, concealed by the weird roof. It holds another Power Charge that I should probably be selling, since I don't use them.

sneaky game devs. This is somehow a little bit boring even when things ARE happening.

Finally, we come to someone different.

He's, uh, a Soldier instead of a Trooper.

He also has TWO whole Tankmon. That die in a single blow from Renamon. (Electro Gemini is hitting them for four digits, and they have like maybe 850 HP.)

Jesus Christ. This is the 8th strike. Put some different Digimon here! You upgraded the goon level, but made their pool of Digimon worse!?

Anyway, just like last time we were here, we step forward and enter a cutscene.

Soldier: You're not going to pass here! You can't defeat me!
Kite: Oh yeah? Come on! You guys always think you're gonna win!

Spoiler alert: we win.

After we beat him, he vanishes (and his buddy over there doesn't give a poo poo) but before we can go commit our... seventh? Eighth? consective murder, the door to the Master Room opens and there's this weird purple Power Range coming out.

Power Rangers Dino Thunder?

???: Digimon response, Digimon response!
Kite: What is this? It's a Digimon I've never seen before.
???: GUBI?
Kite: ...It doesn't look like a bad Digimon... Hey, open up. I'm going to go defeat the bad guys!
???: ...bad? What's bad?
Kite: Umm, ah, to put it simply...

Digimon World 3: Asking the hard-hitting moral questions.

Or, alternatively, promoting cannibalism.

I approve of cannibalism. EAT THIS GAME.

Um...

Name: Vemmon (Boss)
Level: Rookie

Drop: None

1 STR, 4 DEF, 3 SPR, 3 WIS, 4 SPD,
2 FIRE, 2 WATER, 2 ICE, 2 WIND, 2 THUNDER, 2 MACHINE, 2 DARK

EXP: 144, BIT: 0

Regular Attack: No Element (Drains Enemy MP)

This dude... is not a threat at all. Maybe a little quick, and high defense, but he does next to no damage, and he's a little weak to all of the elements.

The only thing you need to watch out for is the little bugger's ability to absorb MP, and even then it's not that threatening.

Vemmon ??? walks back into the Master Room.

Kite: Hey, wait! Where are you going? ...phew, that scared me. What was it? It looks like a Rookie Digimon... It probably isn't A.o.A's Digimon if it doesn't disappear...

Well, moving right along, there's another Soldier here with just the usual team, so we blow through him.

Hear me, players! For I am your Game Master, and you shall all bow to me!

:v:"What's that? It sounds like someone thinks they're a badass."
:j:"Nah, that's just GeneralYeti. He's complete poo poo at videogames. He'll never be a Game Master.

That was a fun little power trip. Anyway, this is the last bog-standard Trooper we have to face. Aren't I lucky?

This is another place I never knew existed. I mean, I knew that there was a bridge, and I knew it had to come from and lead to somewhere, but I've never been up here before.

Noob LPer alert!

Crap. Can we just leave? I don't want to deal with these idiots.

Kite: ...oh, Teddy!
Teddy: Hey, Kite!
Kite: Teddy, are you OK?

"Oh, y'know, just captured and locked up in a dungeon. Standard RPG stuff, I'm fine."

"Took your sweet rear end time getting over here you know."

Teddy: Yeah thanks! Kite, MAGAMI is part of A.o.A.
Kite: Yeah, I know! But who is the staff over there?

DO Operator: We didn't know that MAGAMI and A.o.A were related!
DO Guard: The City Leaders and most of the staff are like us! Not all of MAGAMI Staff are part of the A.o.A!

So, wait. The City Leaders et al are just regular people, with the job of standing in one place and fighting the occasional person? That must suck.

Kite: All right. I'll help everyone, so just hang in there! I'll go defeat the Game Master!

Good luck with that.

Everyone else: !!!
DO Operator: Be careful. They say there's a trap in the Master Room!
DO Guard: I know about it too! There's a secret door somewhere.
Dr. Kadomatsu: Yes, I've heard of it as well. The keycode is "MONSTER"... But I have no idea what it means.
Kite: OK, thanks!
Teddy: Good luck Kite! Don't lose to the A.o.A!
Kite: Don't worry. Just leave it to me!

Seriously, I'm not going to lose to the A.o.A. Have you seen their Digimon? Pretty weak, the lot of them.

That just leaves us with one area we haven't been in yet.

Click for music

Finally, a different backing track.

Kite: Title is... "T." Huh? The letter is a sensor?! Hmm... should I touch it? What should I do?

Anyway, each of these little alcoves has a painting we can look at. On the left, bottom to top, there's one labeled "M", "O", "N", and "S"; on the right, "T", "E", "R". Even without the hint, it's not exactly Professor Layton in here. Fun fact: the whole prison room sequence is completely optional. If you know what you're doing, you don't have to talk to them at all.

Hooray, sequence breaking!

Kite: .................Huh? Nothing happened. Hmmmm...

:siren:Warning! Warning!:siren:

If you're playing along, for whatever reason, make sure you're healed up, and your lead Digimon is the one you want opening in a boss fight. As soon as you solve this puzzle, you're locked into cutscenes.

Nothing happens until you press each of the seven paintings. If you press them out of order, you still get this cutscene, only the door doesn't open and Kite wonders if he fucks up. No actual trap.

No trap? LIES AND DECEIT

Kite: Cool! There really was a secret door! The Game Master should be just up ahead!

And we've made it to the A.o.A Headquarters. (We're back to the A.o.A theme music, by the by. No more cheery music for us.)

Kite: Woah, what is this room!? Hey, who's that over there? It's the Game Master! I'm gonna get her!

Guard B: You're not getting through here!
Guard C: Just give up and come with us!

Gentlemen, please. This is just embarrassing. One Maildramon between the three of you? (You might also notice I failed to take my own advice regarding healing. This is because I didn't realize that I would immediately be thrust into combat without a chance to save or heal.)

Strike 9 for the one Digimon between 3 people!

Kite, you've committed murder. You're literally a serial killer now.

They grow up so fast.

Kite: Now it's Game Master's turn!

I'd make a comment on Digimon Fusion here, but I haven't actually seen that season yet. I stopped watching after the one where the guy punches out Digimon to Digivolve his partner. Because, y'know, where else can you go from there but down?

Game Master: Congratulations! Now it's...?
TRON: Yes! Even though our plans were a bit altered due to Lucky Mouse... We will now commence Operation Sigma!
Game Master: Yes sir!
TRON: Now Vemmon, come to me!

Bwoop.

Kite: Hey, Game Master! Who're you talking to? A.o.A's boss?

YOU loving IDIOT. You could have gotten a sneak attack in!

All the screens close instantly.

Game Master: Oh, you're that boy from... What are you doing here?
Kite: I'm here to kick your butt! And you better talk fast about what the A.o.A is planning!
Game Master: You think you can defeat me? Silly boy! Come out my precious Digimon!

Alright, gently caress yes, boss time!

The first Digimon is Minotarumon. He's dropped his terrible Fire weakness for a still-bad Fire weakness, but no other changes. I have Angemon (Monmon) clash against him, since it's really just a punch out.

Gargoylemon can be dangerous if you let him get his Tech off, since he's got 5 SPR. Plus, his Tech is Dark Magic, so watch out. MetalGreymon handles this fight, since Gargoylemon has no Fire resistance, and Flame Lance is pretty good despite being a Magic attack.

The Game Master's final Digimon is Persiamon.

I'm not even sure if I wanna google joke pictures for this.
Name: Persiamon

Drops: Charm Gas

3 STR, 3 DEF, 3 SPR, 5 WIS, 5 SPD,
1 FIRE, 2 WATER, 3 ICE, 3 WIND, 2 THUNDER, 2 MACHINE, 2 DARK

EXP: None, BIT: None
Technique: Helter Skelter (Di-Digivolves Enemy to Rookie Form),
Vampire Jewel (Steals MP from Enemy)

Wait, what was that first Tech?

WHAT.

HAHAHAHAHA.

WHAT.

YES! gently caress YOU YETTTIIIIIIIII!

Okay, so here's the deal with Persiamon. (Actually called Beastmon/Bastmon, which is where the title comes from.) Persiamon is STUPID fast. That 5 SPD is not for show. I'm consistently getting two turns to every one against every other Digimon in the game so far, and yet Persiamon is going one for one against me.

To make things worse, Helter Skelter makes me lose access to most of my Techs, including the ones that would let me do any Fire damage. If I had Kotemon, or Agumon, that would be different, but right now Veemon only has Vee Headbutt, which does just under 200 damage. Her regular attack hits four times, doing just under 1000 if all four hit (it's about 220-ish against Veemon, more if Renamon's the one getting kicked in the face).

My strategy, once I realized that Persiamon could de-Digivolve my Digimon, was to spend one turn Digivolving up, then the next hitting her with whatever Techs I could before getting knocked back down to Rookie. Rinse, repeat. However, that went out the window once I realized I wasn't getting anywhere thanks to the speed equality.

That's when it turned into a race. Veemon could take about two attacks to the face without dying, which translated to about 360 damage to Persiamon. Would I manage to do enough before running out of Super Charges, or would I end up having to reload and go back through the sewers and train up my Speed some more?

Fortunately, I managed to win, thanks to that Life Disk I found in the chest earlier. I revived Renamon, Tagged out to her, and then for some reason got another turn, not that I'm complaining.

An actual difficult fight, making use of a player's weakness you never thought would come into play. I'm rescinding one strike for that. :golfclap:

Game Master: My Persiamon can't lose...

gently caress you.

And gently caress you too! Where the hell were you when I could have used some backup! I had to storm this entire loving castle by myself! gently caress!

Teddy: Kite! I'm so glad you're OK!

DIE IN A FIRE.

:allears: I see nothing wrong with this. The player should be more than capable of beating Game Master.

Nick: You're under arrest by the International Police, S.A.P!
Kite: What? Lisa and Nick are investigators for the S.A.P?
Nick: That's right, and Keith as well.
Lisa: Sorry we didn't tell you before. But because of you the case is solved! Let's interrogate Game Master and change Kurt back!

WAT!

Were we even told who S.A.P. was? I don't even remember. It was probably once at the start of this game. Either way, this is terrible. poo poo forshadowing for a poo poo twist that comes out of left field seemingly. It's just like what happened two updates ago all over again.

Strike 9.

What the gently caress, why is Kurt here?

Dat piggy looks so angry.

Lisa: What was the A.o.A planning on doing?
Game Master: Heh...heh...heh! You're too late! Our plan has not been foiled. It's only just begun!

Nick: Wha-what!?

I don't know why he's spinning around, either.

Strike 10

Game Master: Heh... heh... See, just like I said. All computer networks will belong to the A.o.A! And our Vemmon will destroy the world!
Kite: Vemmon... That's that Digimon!
Game Master: By using the Optical Network he can fuse with any machine! Lucky Mouse stole the Digitama and almost destroyed him, but... And it will be the end for you! Victory is ours!

I get the feeling the script writers just had a stroke. First: I was going to give them the pass until they said 'fuse'. Digimon are supposed to be universal source code critters, so I can accept them being able to get to all the computer networks (with a healthy amount of SoD.) Second, we already have something called a Digi-Egg, why call this one a Digitama?

Finally, what the hell with those last two lines? I feel like the game dropped some of its lines, somehow.

1) What the gently caress is a Digitama? Is this game gonna try to explain it for the people that don't know? -- Strike 11

The Digitama is (according to the wiki) the same thing as a Digi-Egg. It's where the Digimon come from.

2) Plot computer bullshit that makes Battle Network look sane -- Strike 12

3) Again, we are dumped all this info at the very last minute, instead of properly pacing this info earlier -- Strike 13

4) The game has wasted all of its First Act on just defeating the City Leaders rather than using that time to properly explain itself. It's like I'm watching an anime -- Strike 14

5) What is the Optical Network? This, I'm sure of, has NEVER been brought up before. We're just supposed to know what is is? -- Strike 15

6) They set up Vemmon as a big problem and is responsible for everything going to poo poo...10 minutes after we met him -- Strike 16

7) Possible strike: Vemmon was locked up, perhaps for this very reason. And perhaps the A.o.A. didn't want to use him, but being captured, they have no real recourse.

What is happening in this game.

Lisa: First, let's tell the Real World about this! And if we can cut off the Optical Network, their plan will fail!
Kite: How are we going to get in contact with them...?
Kurt: Oioi! Oioink!
Lisa: I was told once, there's an emergency chamber somewhere in North Sector...
Nick: Then if we use it we might be able to...
Lisa: Umm... I think so!

Clearly, this plan is foolproof and will not fail.

Lisa: We won't know until we try. Right Kite?
Kite: Yeah! That's right! We're not letting the A.o.A have the last laugh!
Lisa: OK, we're all going to look for that chamber! You'll wait here until then.
Nick: Now come this way!

Nick and Lisa lead the Game Master out of the Master Room.

...She is the Game Master. She has all the power. You can't force someone's character model to move...? Does this game realize it's an MMO?

You know what? Strike 17

Seriously BAD!

Kite: Don't worry. Everything will turn out OK!
Kail: ...I hope so... I wonder what's happening in the Real World.

Smash cut to the Real World!

gently caress!

TRON: S.A.P believes that it may be due to cyber terrorism and is currently investigating. We believe there may be many problems if the Optical Network is down for a long period...
Computer Seiya:
[sic] What?! Digimon Online as well! I was gonna go login! But if the network is down...
Science Nerd Hideki: If the net is down, that's a huge problem for Digimon Online. The Matrix System can't access the servers, right? Then doesn't that mean you can't get back?
Worker Kouta: ...but I wonder who's behind the cyber terrorism. I thought they caught all of the A.o.A...

Well, that was enlightening.

That was...easy? The network was shut down so Vemmon can't use it.

Teddy: ...but wait! How do you get to North Sector? There's no road and you can't go there with Submarimon!
Kite: ...ah, is that so...?

My question is how the hell Teddy knows this. He doesn't even have Submarimon, so how?

Teddy: Actually I heard the guards talking in the prison. If you ask Digmon you can get to North Sector...
Kite: Well then, that's easy!

Teddy, if you knew the answer, why did you ask the loving question.

Strike 18

Teddy: But you need the Digi-Egg of Knowledge to call Digmon...

...I... What. :stonk:

A rare and exclusive in-game item...IS SERVER LOCKED!????

WHAT THE gently caress DIGIMON WORLD 3

You have to beat all the Sector Le.... ARGHHHHH

MAGAMI MMO Staff posted:

:spergin::arghfist: :Let's design a game where you can't complete the main objective unless they start in one specific server out of possible thousands. gently caress letting the player have access to every possible item so that they can complete our stupid rear end loving game.

The Writers posted:

It's okay because the MAGAMI staff are actually incompetent! I don't know how to write an interesting fetch quest, so I'll just throw in a bunch of twists at the last minute every few hours to make it seem like there's a story.

Strike 19-∞ YOU'RE OUT!

Kite: OK, then let's go to Amaterasu to look!
Teddy: But how are we going to Amaterasu? I'm sure it's just crawling with the A.o.A...
Kite: ...Hmm... Now that you mention it... But wait. How did the A.o.A get here?
Teddy: ...Oh yeah! The soldiers in Byakko City!
Kite: Maybe they know something!
Teddy: I'm sure they do, Kite!
Kite: OK, I'm going to West Sector to investigate.
Teddy: Be careful. I'm going to look into this computer.
Kite: OK. If you find out something, let me know!
Teddy: Roger! Leave it to me!

WHAT. They're unable to get to North Sector without going to Amaterasu.

WHEN THAT'S THE loving MAIN DRAW OF THE GAME. You go around to each of the Sectors and beat up the City Leader there. But you can't get to the last loving Sector?! Why! Who designs a game like this! Why! The only way to go to North Sector, i.e. complete the main quest of the game we're playing, is to go to Amaterasu Server. But normally you can't go there! You're restricted to the Server you started in, which is Asuka for us! gently caress!

Normally, I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to plot twists. Give me fair warning, don't whip something out at the last second, and I'll go along with it because why not? But this. THIS broke my SoD harder than every single computer error so far combined.

This is dumb and stupid and gently caress this game.

Officially done.

(wow, I made that rant before I read your last comment, Yeti.)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:allears: I was waiting for your reaction to Persiamon's bullshit. I think I used the DNA digivolve attacks while switching to clown on her, but she is certainly a massive pain in the rear end.

And wow, I didn't even realise how dumb this plot gets as a kid. That last scene... Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Bastemon's Japanese name is derived for Bastet who is the Egyptian goddess of the home, domesticity, women's secrets, cats, fertility, and childbirth. The name used in this game derived from the Persian longhair cat breed and its country of origin. The name Beastmon is believed to be an anagram of the original name and may possibly be a play one "beast man".

When Digimon Xros Wars was localized as Digimon Fusion, the skin on Bastemon's chest and midriff was changed to fur and she was given a gold tube top. Starting from the episode Lost in Digital Space onward however, her top was changed to red possibly to make it look more natural. The card game keeps the red top, adding a gold hem to the top of it, but keeps the design otherwise uncensored:

One last bit of trivia, Bastemon in Fusion is voiced by Laura Bailey.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 4, 2016

• Locked thread