Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

congratulations on your new cat

Idk where he went though so if I find him he's mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Death to spiesCatnappers!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does the cat have a collar?

Please check any local shelters to see if anyone is looking for their missing cat. I'm all for giving a stray a home but please try to make sure no one is looking for said cat. Losing a pet has to be devastating.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You can also have the animal scanned for a chip.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Anyone else wonder how high the 959 on Bring a Trailer is going to run? I am thinking it will crest 1M.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Some cats are just friendly and like to boop people that they meet. Doesn't mean you can steal them!
That cat doesn't look hungry or homeless.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

The cat owns the people not the other way round

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Tomarse posted:

Some cats are just friendly and like to boop people that they meet. Doesn't mean you can steal them!
That cat doesn't look hungry or homeless.

Looks like he might be amenable to some belly skritches, though.
:3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

He is definitely a stray, he has matted fur and apparently everyone in the office gives him food a lot which is why he's a chub that's nice

I couldn't find him and I'm p sure my wife would kill me if I actually had brought him home so I guess that settles that

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Drove over an extraordinarily large speed bump in my new-old 190E, scraped the underside and lost the midsection's exhaust anchor so it was hanging real low and scraping over just about every speed bump. Jacked it up, had a look underneath and realised it had been "secured" with a piece of garden hose. Well played, PO, well played.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

All I'm hearing is super-heavy class hovercraft racing.
Mountbatten class for everyone!

I remember taking the hovercraft across the channel as a kid on a family holiday. Didn't really appreciate how impressive they were at the time.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

leica posted:

Going to Boston for a wedding next weekend, and the lows are forecast to be in the 50's so yeah that's gonna suck.

Drop on by if you have a chance dude! Home's in Southbridge (a bit of a haul for you) but the flying car factory I work at is in Woburn (20min north of the city in ideal traffic) and you're more than welcome to come by for a tour and/or food if you will be around Friday or Monday due to flight times.

BraveUlysses posted:

Lmao has Aggro Crag quit the chat thread again cause we made fun of him for being a trump voter

nothing of value was lost (which begs the question: was there ever anything of value in a chat thread?)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
When I moved to the suburbs I saved about 4-5k/year on property taxes over living somewhere walkable with young people. I thought I'd use that as vacation and car money but today I dumped it in a college savings account for blk jr. Adulting so hard right now.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

blk posted:

When I moved to the suburbs I saved about 4-5k/year on property taxes over living somewhere walkable with young people. I thought I'd use that as vacation and car money but today I dumped it in a college savings account for blk jr. Adulting so hard right now.

Nice! While I've been shopping like crazy I've had to come to terms with the fact that I in fact need to sell 3 vehicles and pay off babies medical bills before I get a new car. Thank god for insurance because we're looking at well over $50k billed so far. gently caress our healthcare system

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hey if anyone plays computer games here try this one because it is one of the best: https://www.gog.com/game/saboteur?u...rge&utm_term=EN

GTA but WWII with classic Alfas and Silver Arrows and really fun game play including covert demolition

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

Hey if anyone plays computer games here try this one because it is one of the best: https://www.gog.com/game/saboteur?u...rge&utm_term=EN

GTA but WWII with classic Alfas and Silver Arrows and really fun game play including covert demolition

This was a really fun game but I stopped playing it for some reason. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This was a really fun game but I stopped playing it for some reason. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

I've played it through twice, the second time I blew up every single destructable target on the map and was really disappointed that there was no prize for doing so

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So Blue Cross cancelled me for non-payment awhile back - I admit I was behind, but they're not supposed to drop you until you're 90 days behind. I was 60 days behind and had spoken to them about getting caught up, they'd told me I wouldn't be dropped until I hit 90+ days past due, then they cancelled me anyway right when I hit 60 days, and claimed I never made the payment.

Today I get a refund in the mail for my last payment, dated 2 weeks ago. :fuckoff: Got new insurance lined up with another carrier, but goddamn BCBS is a dumpster fire.

leica posted:

Going to Boston for a wedding next weekend, and the lows are forecast to be in the 50's so yeah that's gonna suck.

That sounds heavenly to me. That's sleep with the windows open weather!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
~*~*Phoenix*~*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRSp64N9leI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkBEKSc3jIM

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BloodBag posted:

Because when you can handle consistent temperatures in the 90s for extended periods, it makes you adapt to it. Then then 68° comes along, you need to bundle up. It's just something that happens and you adapt. I used to think Texans were nuts when I moved here in '99, but now I'm freezing my rear end off in the CMM lab at work, which is kept at 68° at all times. When it gets to the 40s and 50s here, it's serious business. Like, dress up for Hogwarts time. Two winters ago I had to buy a propane heater for our tent at an art festival in Austin because we were freezing so badly. The humidity in the cold air makes the cold so much more effective. When I lived in CO, it was a dry cold/hot, so it didn't really affect you that much. But damp cold is just awful. Also, they don't sell proper cold weather clothes here. At least not that I've found.

Yeah, when I moved down to San Antonio I wore shorts the entire winter, Texas had nothing on a body used to Iowa's shitshow of a winter. After a couple years I was freezing my rear end off visiting my parents for Mothers' Day.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Save gas! Ride the Disabled!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

some texas redneck posted:

That sounds heavenly to me. That's sleep with the windows open weather!

The lows here in California are in the 50s and 60s right now, so we have the windows open just to not turn the AC on during the day. House is entirely too loving big and laid out weird, so even when the low is like 53 and every window is open the house only drops to about 70.

Still has me sleeping with a heavy comforter and wearing flannel pajama pants to sit around in :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I opened the windows last night, woke up to cattes

Still have a high of 100, though :sigh:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Geirskogul posted:

Still have a high of 100, though :sigh:

High is only supposed to be like.. 88 today though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Drop on by if you have a chance dude! Home's in Southbridge (a bit of a haul for you) but the flying car factory I work at is in Woburn (20min north of the city in ideal traffic) and you're more than welcome to come by for a tour and/or food if you will be around Friday or Monday due to flight times.

Appreciate the offer man, but it's gonna be a get in/get out kinda deal since we both have to work :smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Locator posted:

High is only supposed to be like.. 88 today though.

Whoops, that's tomorrow

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Geirskogul posted:

Whoops, that's tomorrow

Yea, we are in that 'end of summer' period where it's beautiful one day, hot the next, and just sort of randomly makes 20 degree temp changes in a few days. Oh well, lot better than living in Minnesota. :)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U2BC5sOltU

This looks like a lot of fun.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I ate a bunch of ghost pepper hot wings and now my stomach hurts. I fear the ring of fire that awaits me.

[edit] the only video game I play anymore is dota 2 because I hate myself.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 25, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Weed maps is a sponsor of my local dirt track now. loving love it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Im posting from a 2liter NA Forester on a racetrack. Its a horrid thing but yet... its hilarious fun.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Im posting from a 2liter NA Forester on a racetrack. Its a horrid thing but yet... its hilarious fun.

Isnt that exactly what james may said? Its way more fun to drive a 10% car at 100% than a 100% car at 10%?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

House is entirely too loving big and laid out weird, so even when the low is like 53 and every window is open the house only drops to about 70.

Sticking a box fan in a couple of windows (one sucking air in, one blowing air out) fixes that real quick.

I would say hit up Walmart for box fans, but yeah we already covered that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

some texas redneck posted:

Sticking a box fan in a couple of windows (one sucking air in, one blowing air out) fixes that real quick.

I would say hit up Walmart for box fans, but yeah we already covered that.

They're just too small for box fans to fit :v:

Also this just happened.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
Concerts: loud but fun!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Anyone else wonder how high the 959 on Bring a Trailer is going to run? I am thinking it will crest 1M.

I was thinking under, but it's already at 780k? http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-porsche-959-komfort/
Also, color me surprised that one of the trims was called Komfort.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

Isnt that exactly what james may said? Its way more fun to drive a 10% car at 100% than a 100% car at 10%?

Well more like I was at 120% for most of the fastest lap - I was on the door handles at full oppposite lock, drifting Eastern Creek turn 2. Well okay it was still 15 seconds slower than the MY06 WRX but hey, this is baselining and it was awful in all sorts of ways but it was HILARIOUS

Second best day motorsport ever!

(Best was VR4 and overachiving big time at a pace ntoed event, driving blind in dust)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

My favorite cat and best friend, Taco, is acting really ill. I hope he pulls through, I don't want to lose another cool rear end catte :-(

e: he's looking the same way Crom did when he died of FIP. I feel hollow inside. Taco is my son. I can tell he feels awful, but he still manages a little purr. Thanks for the last six years Taco, you helped me through so much and cuddled with me every night.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 25, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Get well soon Taco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jose Fernandez found dead after his boat hit a jetty at full speed at 3am in the morning, Jesus Christ.

So many people with boats/PWC's in FL and half of them don't know what the gently caress they're doing.

• Locked thread