Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mistrials and hung juries heavily favor the defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

NecroBob posted:

I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't a hung jury just result in another trial, and so on, until a definitive guilty/not guilty was reached, or until the prosecutor just said "gently caress it, nevermind"?

It will get you a better deal at minimum.
If you get a solid hang (roughly 50-50 or better), there's a reasonable chance the judge or prosecutor will dismiss.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Aw come on let's not mock the guy's tragic face deformity too much when he's got entirely self-inflicted tragic mind deformities by the dozens here :smith:

Yeah, and anyway he definitely would NOT fit in, because Lovecraft stories are all about people confronting reality.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

It's not about the prestige, it's about the toughness, at least for scrawny losers like the one in that picture. They're not physically intimidating, but they really love to shoot their mouth off, yet without their guns, they know that they would lose any actual fight, so they claim to be Marines because everyone knows that all Marines are tough and can kick anyone's rear end and no one fucks with Marines. It's everything that they want to be, but aren't, so they go play dress-up (seriously, love that description) and claim to be something they're not because although they may not be tough, people treat them like they are. The idiots for whom it's about prestige invariably claim to be Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Delta Force, Green Berets, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxuYuqe-XBFonUGFLETfnA

I found this awhile ago, it's some crazy rear end old retired Navy Seal who spends his time hunting down fake Navy Seals and exposing them. It's so crazy people try to pretend to be Tier 1 Spec Ops No Scope Trick Shot Super Soldiers because it's a pretty small community . There's like less then 100 active duty Seals right now.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I just heard a podcast about this.
https://gimletmedia.com/episode/70-stolen-valor/

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The PD appears to be trying to paint the occupation as nonviolent protest. He might stands almost a ghost of a chance if he didn't have to deal with the other lawyers, several of whom are right-fringe types.

This, plus per the OPB podcast the main charges are for conspiracy, so they're trying to fight those charges by saying the occupation was mostly unplanned. Which the feds have countered by having an informant inside the Bundy organization (Ryan's driver), and turning the lower-level Bundy hangers-on. The other big charges are for preventing federal employees access to the buildings, which the prosecution has been having Malheur employees testify they felt threatened, and the defense has been 'we never said you couldn't come to the reserve and do your job, all the guns and unspoken threats of violence were for show'. AKA the 'I'm not touching you" defense.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I found this awhile ago, it's some crazy rear end old retired Navy Seal who spends his time hunting down fake Navy Seals and exposing them. It's so crazy people try to pretend to be Tier 1 Spec Ops No Scope Trick Shot Super Soldiers because it's a pretty small community . There's like less then 100 active duty Seals right now.

Yeah, it's a double edged sword because stolen valor jerkoffs want the maximum amount of unearned respect by pretending to be the most elite aspect of the military, but also it's the easiest to sniff out the fakeness when it's a scrawny dork in a mismatched uniform. Like my friends and I came across a kid in a green USMC service jacket with blue bloodstriped pants, a complete mismatch. He was 22, somehow had e-7 rank with hash marks indicating a minimum of 12 years of service, with an Antarctica Service Medal ranked above a purple heart on his fake ribbon stack with gold parachute wings below it. It did not end well for that fuckhead. And this was in Jacksonville, by the way, one of the most populous bases in the country.

The 3rd one is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk-UnI7kvJk

VV Nah, the one after the army duder claiming to be an MP, but also having like a WW2 Philippines service ribbon and a presidential service badge (which you only get when you are actively on the president's guard detail).

red19fire has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Sep 24, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

red19fire posted:

Yeah, it's a double edged sword because stolen valor jerkoffs want the maximum amount of unearned respect by pretending to be the most elite aspect of the military, but also it's the easiest to sniff out the fakeness when it's a scrawny dork in a mismatched uniform. Like my friends and I came across a kid in a green USMC service jacket with blue bloodstriped pants, a complete mismatch. He was 22, somehow had e-7 rank with hash marks indicating a minimum of 12 years of service, with an Antarctica Service Medal ranked above a purple heart on his fake ribbon stack with gold parachute wings below it. It did not end well for that fuckhead. And this was in Jacksonville, by the way, one of the most populous bases in the country.

The 3rd one is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk-UnI7kvJk

The one in AZ, around minute 4?

As a dual Israeli-US citizen, this kind of military cosplay is even more weird. I'm not sure how it feels to other people from countries with mandatory conscription.

WrenP-Complete has issued a correction as of 22:05 on Sep 24, 2016

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/779748476976369664

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That's too bad. Fry is the only one of these clowns that I feel any sympathy for at all.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Only because he's legit mentally ill

Yinlock posted:

I remember reading a gip post about a super Fake Internet Tough Guy, that was like "dude if you just pretended to be a desk jockey and grumbled vaguely about how officers are poo poo nobody would notice or care, but no you had to be ELITE SNIPER MARINE HUT HUT"

I just can't really wrap my head around being that level of tryhard pretend tough. Like dude your forearms will snap at the slightest impact, you're not fooling anybody.

This conversation lead me to look some up on youtube. There's one where the guys got a shitload of ribbons, pins and badges all over his shirt that makes him look fake as hell, including a homemade badge that lists his super secret ultra awesome better than Navy SEALs unit that he can't talk to you about but you can google.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Better yet the guy has a database of the 18,000 people that were SEALs to check against

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Sep 24, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
As much as I enjoy the legit stolen valor callout videos the pendulum is always in danger of swinging the other way. Like if some poor homeless guy is wearing an ACU top with jeans that's not stolen valor so much as it is "comfy utilitarian pajama top that is somewhat socially acceptable to wear. I was recently approached at a home depot by some shitlord with cellphone in hand who wanted to know where I went to basic because I was wearing an old PT shirt.

Motherfucker, your first clue I'm not purporting to still be active duty should be that the shirt is covered in paint.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's too bad. Fry is the only one of these clowns that I feel any sympathy for at all.

Fry is basically kylo renn. a wannabee(among wannabees) of millitia jack offs who clearly has daddy issues and mental problems. like you i felt bad for him, but not enough to care.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Subterfrugal posted:

As much as I enjoy the legit stolen valor callout videos the pendulum is always in danger of swinging the other way. Like if some poor homeless guy is wearing an ACU top with jeans that's not stolen valor so much as it is "comfy utilitarian pajama top that is somewhat socially acceptable to wear. I was recently approached at a home depot by some shitlord with cellphone in hand who wanted to know where I went to basic because I was wearing an old PT shirt.

Motherfucker, your first clue I'm not purporting to still be active duty should be that the shirt is covered in paint.

Yeah, the podcast I linked had an elderly gentleman who served a long time ago approached by some stolen valor person who was accompanied by a cop who kept touching his gun, and the veteran got really scared.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah for every legit sick own the stolen valor patrol gets there's lots of cases of them assaulting someone who just bought a cool jacket at a surplus store or who's an actual veteran but who doesn't actually give a gently caress if one of his buttons isn't buttoned or whatever.

e: And "sad veterans who fight the good fight against fake military scammers" is like catnip to republican lawmakers so we get stuff like the original 2005-era Stolen Valor Act which the supreme court had to strike down for infringing freedom of speech

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Sep 24, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

You're off by a factor of 20. SEAL Teams are actually pretty huge, an individual "team" is something like enhanced company-sized military unit, supposedly around 300 people. The "best of the best" Osama-slaying "SEAL Team Six" (which they haven't been called officially since the '80s) DEVGRU might be smaller (their numbers are classified) but it stands to reason that even there it's probably at least company-sized even if abbreviated as well, like the Submarine Delivery Vehicle Unit SEALs (which are 4 platoons of 12-15 personnel or approximately 60 personnel).

One of the things people fail to recognize about special operations teams is that they follow Nathaniel Bedfellow Forrest's strategy of "getting the fastest with the mostest". Counter-terrorist raids are rarely one-on-one Counterstrike matches, they tend to be really lopsided affairs, unless there's gently caress ups like in Operation Gothic Serpent. Neptune Spear had supposedly 79 SEALs and/or CIA-attached personnel, with 24 SEALs being the ones to actually raid the Abbottabad compound to take out 4 known armed men. The other 50-or-so where in case Pakistan military or police showed up or a fight broke out outside the compound. And the thing about the "fastest" also relates to all the stuff regarding physical fitness and endurance demonstrated in Hell Week and other training exercises: the "special" thing about special forces is that they're not the best fighters, it's that they're capable of penetrating enemy lines and striking rear echelon areas. That sometimes requires crossing roadless terrain that would slow down other military units, like mountains, swampland, or deserts, with adequate amounts of soldiers to accomplish the task. In the GWOT, they've got helicopters to do this stuff rapidly, but, facing opponents with MANPADs or air support, that means sometimes you gotta do that stuff on foot.

Yeah for every legit sick own the stolen valor patrol gets there's lots of cases of them assaulting someone who just bought a cool jacket at a surplus store or who's an actual veteran but who doesn't actually give a gently caress if one of his buttons isn't buttoned or whatever.

e: And "sad veterans who fight the good fight against fake military scammers" is like catnip to republican lawmakers so we get stuff like the original 2005-era Stolen Valor Act which the supreme court had to strike down for infringing freedom of speech

At the same time, most of the people "stealing valor' aren't actually silent about it. It is almost always for attention. You usually can tell someone whose wearing a jacket from a surplus store and someone whose attempting to impersonate veteran. And if it's an actual veteran, it usually ends up in a challenge and someone having to buy another person a drink when the other can't bring up their challenge coin. I mean, that's how it was done before all this stolen valor stuff and was relatively cordial way of dealing with flakes.

Actually, asking for military ID feels like it's the bigger giveaway, since even retired personnel can have access to military exchanges on base. I know my mom rarely shops at most stores when she can use her veteran husband's ID to shop at the PX for lower price deals.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This has nothing to do with anything but I've always thought "MANPAD" sounded like a maxi pad made ~just for men~

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This has nothing to do with anything but I've always thought "MANPAD" sounded like a maxi pad made ~just for men~

I know, I know. I never heard that term until about four years ago in the Mideast thread, because I've always just called them SAMs. I guess there needed to be something to define Strelas and Stingers from Buks and Patriots, but SLSAM was far too much of an acronym and MANPADS sounded like "something".

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hey, stick one up there and ain't nothing getting out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What's the legal definition of "violence" then, because they basically took property and barred people from areas they needed to be. Like does it have to [intend to] inflict defined, physical damage?

Yeah, they think it's not violence until you pull the trigger. Just waving weapons around and trashing the place is non-violent.

As I recall the final 4 claimed they weren't interfering with anyone, they were just camping, and not doing anything to prevent refuge workers from going to work. The earlier guys may think something similar. Did any legit refuge workers ever try to enter during the occupation? Ever come up to the gate and get turned away? Probably not. Workers just randomly decided not to come into work. :iiam:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, they think it's not violence until you pull the trigger. Just waving weapons around and trashing the place is non-violent.

As I recall the final 4 claimed they weren't interfering with anyone, they were just camping, and not doing anything to prevent refuge workers from going to work. The earlier guys may think something similar. Did any legit refuge workers ever try to enter during the occupation? Ever come up to the gate and get turned away? Probably not. Workers just randomly decided not to come into work. :iiam:

Well that's true but I was asking if there was an actual legal line because the PD seems to know what he's doing (unlike everyone else) so I thought maybe he had a legal reason to claim that but it seems they're just trying to play on the jury's similar confusion so :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

WrenP-Complete posted:

The one in AZ, around minute 4?

As a dual Israeli-US citizen, this kind of military cosplay is even more weird. I'm not sure how it feels to other people from countries with mandatory conscription.

It isn't purely for prestige, sometimes they do it for money. In america some businesses offer a discount to military or retires military personnel. http://militarybenefits.info/military-discounts/ I assume most of them want to see valid military ID, but you could probably get the discounts some places just by wearing the uniform. Cosplay in the mall is probably to scam discounts.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Well that's true but I was asking if there was an actual legal line because the PD seems to know what he's doing (unlike everyone else) so I thought maybe he had a legal reason to claim that but it seems they're just trying to play on the jury's similar confusion so :shrug:

It isn't so much confusion as giving a juror who wants to aquit a reason to do so.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm hoping the feds get half-timed for maximum lols.

:eng101: At the close of the prosecution's case, the Defense can bring a motion for dismissal under Rule 29 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure that must be granted if the evidence is insufficient to sustain a conviction.

It rarely happens unless the prosecutor fucks up and doesn't do something that they should do (like one time when I forgot to establish venue).

Also, it looks like Ammon is only looking at 10 years of exposure in the Oregon case?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Sep 25, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

It isn't purely for prestige, sometimes they do it for money. In america some businesses offer a discount to military or retires military personnel. http://militarybenefits.info/military-discounts/ I assume most of them want to see valid military ID, but you could probably get the discounts some places just by wearing the uniform. Cosplay in the mall is probably to scam discounts.

Or some sex. Being in uniform means you're on leave or have returned home and there's certain types of people who will open their legs or bend over for a man in uniform, sometimes for free.

Don't let Asia fool you, America has it's fair share of bar chicks as well.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Capntastic posted:

Is there a greatest hits of Marc? I never got to listen during the standoff and everyone said he mocked the poo poo out of these cosplayers

Asking again, heehee

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Capntastic posted:

Asking again, heehee

You would have to go through the David Fry recordings of the last two days he was there. I think they are on Gavin Seim's youtube.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Young Freud posted:

Or some sex. Being in uniform means you're on leave or have returned home and there's certain types of people who will open their legs or bend over for a man in uniform, sometimes for free.

Don't let Asia fool you, America has it's fair share of bar chicks as well.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

I'll see your man pad, and raise by one Pad Man.
http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-04-10/12-things-you-should-know-about-pad-gardner-the-man-who-wants-to-become-a-kotex-maxi-pad/

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Facebook Aunt posted:

The reason they tried that excuse was because the rules said people could camp for like 2 weeks and then had to move. so this way they figured they technically were playing the system to not be removed by "camping" and then moving a bit and "camping"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sometimes guys that can get any woman don't realize how awesome the one they have is

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

you should talk to her gennifer, help her through this difficult period of her life to realize she can be so much more than a military spouse

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

red19fire posted:

This, plus per the OPB podcast the main charges are for conspiracy, so they're trying to fight those charges by saying the occupation was mostly unplanned. Which the feds have countered by having an informant inside the Bundy organization (Ryan's driver), and turning the lower-level Bundy hangers-on. The other big charges are for preventing federal employees access to the buildings, which the prosecution has been having Malheur employees testify they felt threatened, and the defense has been 'we never said you couldn't come to the reserve and do your job, all the guns and unspoken threats of violence were for show'. AKA the 'I'm not touching you" defense.

Has subject of that self-appointed judge come up yet, who was threatening to convene "citizen grand juries" or whatever to try and hang county officials who didn't do what the militants wanted?

zeal posted:

you should talk to her gennifer, help her through this difficult period of her life to realize she can be so much more than a military spouse

This reminds me of one of the better things to emerge from these forums regarding military spouses:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.

The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.

But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.

Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?

I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.

A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.

Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.

Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.

But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.

When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.

By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.

Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.

This will also be the point when your oldest childs ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.

Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.

I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.

You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.

As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This reminds me of one of the better things to emerge from these forums regarding military spouses:

That....that...I....that was beautiful!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SocketWrench posted:

That....that...I....that was beautiful!

And is published in the 2nd edition of the GiP Memoir "Military Members: An Illustrative History of the War on Terror"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Has subject of that self-appointed judge come up yet, who was threatening to convene "citizen grand juries" or whatever to try and hang county officials who didn't do what the militants wanted?

ive read this a few times before but its always like its the first time

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
It's the line about HPV that puts it over the top for me.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

This makes a lot more sense than random citizens pretending its their reserve duty time for no conceivable reason.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

amazing :words:

I always thought that we drug researchers had good access to drugs, but whatever vets are getting must be incredible.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Then why wouldn't they pretend to be some boring-rear end POG who nobody wants to ask questions of?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

WrenP-Complete posted:

I always thought that we drug researchers had good access to drugs, but whatever vets are getting must be incredible.

he's an exceptional poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

xthetenth posted:

Then why wouldn't they pretend to be some boring-rear end POG who nobody wants to ask questions of?

Not all of them claim to be Super Elite Navy SEAL Ultra Sniper Paratrooper Green Beret, just the majority of those that routinely get busted do. Desk jockey types and that cruise under the radar because there's nothing fancy, they don't have thirty ribbons pinned to their chest that require a lot of effort to not only keep stories straight but know what the gently caress and how the gently caress that ribbon system works, and don't brag about that time they "killed fitty men before a Tojo took their shins" and poo poo.