Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

kastein posted:

I had to pillage this festering turd bucket for parts at the junkyard today for an R&D project at work.

In 80 degrees full sun. Fat owner. Smoker. Very hairy dog that shed a lot. I had to open all 4 doors and hope for wind.

Cliff notes: So much anticipation! Thrills! Sudden unexpected clumps of rancid fur! Exotic residues! Unidentifiable deposits! Questionable stains! Unyielding waves of vomit!

just let me die, I have seen too much centsless filth

Absolutely nothing of value was lost however

The drat car is a whopping 9 years old and absolutely trashed inside. People are animals. I've seen squirrel nests that smelled better. You could smell it from 4 feet away from the doors. The only way I stayed sane was by opening all the doors and letting the breeze clear the funk as I worked.

:vomarine:

holy poo poo that is vile you poor bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That giant steering wheel gif when put inline just made my phone melt the gently caress down because it isn't a supercomputer. Jayzus. (Here's the youtube version, with better image quality and audio that doesn't murderfuck mobile devices in the ear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEukgofjVoU

This is what happens when the lines are swapped, yes.

As for the crustpunk pt cruiser, I needed the passenger side occupant classification module and its collection of sensors for an R&D project at work.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

kastein posted:

I had to pillage this festering turd bucket for parts at the junkyard today for an R&D project at work.

Do you need a hug beer?

I think you need a hug beer. Several hugs beers.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 24, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Do you need a hug beer?

I think you a hug beer. Several hugs beers.

I think you a beer too.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

kastein posted:

You could smell it from 4 feet away from the doors. The only way I stayed sane was by opening all the doors and letting the breeze clear the funk as I worked.

I bet a respirator with an activated charcoal filter would've made it smell pretty alright.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

kastein posted:

As for the crustpunk pt cruiser, I needed the passenger side occupant classification module and its collection of sensors for an R&D project at work.

Would be interesting to see how it classified the previous occupant, and if there was enough residual biomass to keep it triggered after they got out.

code:

[ ] MAN
[ ] WOMAN
[ ] CHILD
[X] BEAST

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Do you need a hug beer?

I think you need a hug beer. Several hugs beers.

I need a loving antibiotic. No joke, I have a bit of a dry cough today and my right arm (the one that got the brunt of contact with the PT Cruiser of Contagion +7) had like a half dozen pimples on it when I woke up this morning. Good christ, I even washed after leaving the junkyard.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

kastein posted:

I need a loving antibiotic. No joke, I have a bit of a dry cough today and my right arm (the one that got the brunt of contact with the PT Cruiser of Contagion +7) had like a half dozen pimples on it when I woke up this morning. Good christ, I even washed after leaving the junkyard.

Next time...

I would not have gone in something like that without a mask and a flamethrower.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

kastein posted:

Not pimples, flea bites

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Linedance posted:

Not pimples, flea bites

That'd be my guess. You better burn the clothes you wore to the JY.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Linedance posted:

Not pimples, flea bites
Nope, looks very different and already went away.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The cough is probably the Hantavirus, the rash is just a PT cruiser thing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

kastein posted:

Just wait until the worms erupt

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

kastein posted:

did you have skin to skin contact with 14"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Powershift posted:

The cough is probably the Hantavirus, the rash is just a PT cruiser thing.

Can't be hanta, he lives somewhere with snow. Probably just raccoon roundworms instead, it's fiiiiiiine

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's one way to get your partner to sit closer to you. Bench seats would be drier in the rain though.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I first parsed the license plate as c1k4 by147.

So will this one be repaired, re-painted and sold on with no notification to the new buyer of what they're actually getting, or is that only done with monocoque Western cars?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The car with a horrible interior reminds me, I need to figure out how to fix my drivers side seat belt. It stopped latching after I spilled a drink.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
I don't normally go for the purple-teal chameleon paint, but this sprayjob was really pretty. The failure is in its application.

Also, light blue brake caliper for some reason? Is that a bimmer thing?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uhm.. not gonna lie. wrong drat thread.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

RandomPauI posted:

The car with a horrible interior reminds me, I need to figure out how to fix my drivers side seat belt. It stopped latching after I spilled a drink.

Isopropyl alcohol poured into the slot where the tab goes in, and then exercise the release button like a bajillion times. Hopefully this will clean the sticky residue out of the bit that engages the tab when you press the button. The alcohol then evaporates, leaving you with a working seatbelt latch.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

Bud K ninja sword posted:

uhm.. not gonna lie. wrong drat thread.

Like I said, that paint was right on, but it's a still Bavarian pig in color-shifting lipstick.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Faster Blaster posted:

Like I said, that paint was right on, but it's a still Bavarian pig in color-shifting lipstick.

You said failure in its application and I started zooming in looking for some defect based on incompetency. I didn't realize the defect was underneath the entire paint job.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah right paint on the wrong car.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:what:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Faster Blaster posted:

I don't normally go for the purple-teal chameleon paint, but this sprayjob was really pretty. The failure is in its application.

Also, light blue brake caliper for some reason? Is that a bimmer thing?

New M Sport package cars have bright blue calipers, yes. Not necessarily the actual M cars themselves, but the ones that get the optional M Sport package.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The main problem I have with a paint like that is if you park next to ugly scenery, your car looks ugly too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shrapnig posted:

New M Sport package cars have bright blue calipers, yes. Not necessarily the actual M cars themselves, but the ones that get the optional M Sport package.

So even more of a douchemobile, got it.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

iospace posted:

So even more of a douchemobile, got it.

I think they are better brakes than on the base model.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr-Spain posted:

I think they are better brakes than on the base model.

So that means they can tail gate you even closer!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But brakes have nothing to do with tailgating, they just try to mitigate the crunchy finish.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
An 18 year old clocked at 150mph in ratty Dodge Neon is terrible car stuff.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dr.Caligari posted:

Well, at least that Neon is going to find a nice home in a crusher somewhere.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dr.Caligari posted:

CBSnews.com posted:

a speeding “blue sports car”

:suicide:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I thought those turbo Neons were considered to be pretty decent?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Their not bad cars....

....I'll let Regular Car Reviews explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Zw0eUCl2g

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

InitialDave posted:

Yeah but putting some go fast parts on a four door shitbox doesn't make it a sports car.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

InitialDave posted:

They can be made stupid straightline go fast with very minimal investment. That's about all they have going for them. They have manual rear windows but power fronts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I must admit, I've never understood what they do that a Saab doesn't do better.