Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Really early Clash of Champions Betting Odds

quote:

WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens -1050 vs Seth Rollins +550

WWE United States Championship
Rusev +480 vs Roman Reigns -840

WWE Tag Team Championships
The New Day +330 vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson -490

WWE Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match
Charlotte -390 vs Sasha Banks +270 vs Bayley +270 (Sasha Banks and Bayley are considered in the “field”, meaning a wager placed against Charlotte includes either woman at +270)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
T.J. Perkins -930 vs Brian Kendrick +510

Alicia Fox +850 vs Nia Jax -1750

Cesaro +185 vs Sheamus -265
Have fun seeing Cesaro in NJPW I guess :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Unironically looking forward to 4 Star Roman's weekly US Title Open Challenge

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Smart money isn't in yet (so I can easily see Sheamus/Cesaro going either way), but hot drat, if TND are really dropping the titles tomorrow I really really really want them to stay together afterwards.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There's no way they'd break up the merch machine, not with them being featured in the first WWE Slam Crate and having a Toys R Us exclusive Funko Pop, both coming out next month

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mob posted:

There's no way they'd break up the merch machine, not with them being featured in the first WWE Slam Crate and having a Toys R Us exclusive Funko Pop, both coming out next month

You're right, there's no way the WWE would do *incredibly stupid thing*

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Venomous posted:

Smart money isn't in yet (so I can easily see Sheamus/Cesaro going either way), but hot drat, if TND are really dropping the titles tomorrow I really really really want them to stay together afterwards.
To be fair the New Day should have dropped their titles a while ago and Big E should be getting a big singles push with Xaiver and Kofi tagging and managing

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I put everything on Foxy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Also, no lines for Zayn/Jericho? Interesting. Hope Jericho wins, anyway.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Who would Sheamus even challenge if he wins? All the champs are heels. Unless Roman wins the U.S. title.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Cesaro leaving WWE would be amazing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

tbh you could've made all those words up and I wouldn't know the difference.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

To be fair the New Day should have dropped their titles a while ago and Big E should be getting a big singles push with Xaiver and Kofi tagging and managing

Big E? Nah. Xavier and Kofi floundered together at Summerslam. It should be Big E and Xavier tagging with Kofi getting that UC push. He needs that Triple Crown before he retires, after all. Big E has plenty of time to go for the UC once Kofi and Xavier retire.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Swagger Dagger posted:

You're right, there's no way the WWE would do *incredibly stupid thing*

They'll get a rematch and such too, so there's still some time before a break. Hopefully.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NienNunb posted:

Cesaro leaving WWE would be amazing.

So many fresh matchups in Reseda for the like two shows a year when he's not in Japan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Kings reuniting would make my life.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

The Kings reuniting would make my life.
It would be funny if the rumors are true and Hero goes back to the WWE just as Cesaro leaves it

Eh I like Cesaro in the WWE because its more convenient for me to be able to watch his matches live

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris Hero doesn't need any extra weight dragging him down

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm down for a fat Cesaro

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Officer Farva posted:

Who would Sheamus even challenge if he wins? All the champs are heels. Unless Roman wins the U.S. title.

Heel vs Heel can be done, but then again this is WWE.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm down for a fat Cesaro

Real Talk, was Cesaro ever fat?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Forceholy posted:

Heel vs Heel can be done, but then again this is WWE.

Real Talk, was Cesaro ever fat?
Cesaro was skinnyfat once but his biggest sin was that ugly ponytail. So I guess if Hero gets fatter then Cesaro would grow out a skullet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bulk and Skullet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really want fat Cesaro now

All wrestlers should be fat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh, those are pretty short odds, even taking into account that the smart money's not in yet. That reads to me more like both guys have been slotted so evenly that people can't tell who's going over so they're going with the guy who's actually been the champion.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

achillesforever6 posted:

It would be funny if the rumors are true and Hero goes back to the WWE just as Cesaro leaves it

How reliable are these rumors?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I thought the whole thing with Hero was that he bombed his physical.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I thought the whole thing with Hero was that he bombed his physical.
He was told to get into shape and didn't but apparently was also butting heads really badly with the trainers at the time. I think there was a story where he got yelled at by Bill DeMott for giving rookies genuine advice

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
well. luckily Bill DeMott is now a known scumbag

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RealFoxy posted:

He was told to get into shape and didn't but apparently was also butting heads really badly with the trainers at the time. I think there was a story where he got yelled at by Bill DeMott for giving rookies genuine advice

Honestly he seems to be in good shape the weight gain seems to be more from nagging injuries so that's probably why he failed the physical.

And by good shape I mean he has great conditioning.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 25, 2016

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

RealFoxy posted:

was his advice "don't get sexually abused by bill demott" because i mean if that were the case i could see why he'd be let go for making unnecessary waves in developmental.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Hero was the skinniest he had been since signing when they fired him, so the weight issue doesn't make much sense.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hero claims the weight gain was from a back injury coupled with a thyroid problem, but he's also said he's not overly concerned about how he looks as long as he feels well and can still operate at the level he wants to in the ring.

If he's trying to catch back on with WWE it's not obvious, he looked about the same shape as usual at BOLA and that was after those rumors had already started.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

81sidewinder posted:

Hero was the skinniest he had been since signing when they fired him, so the weight issue doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, he looked great at the time. From what I heard he was repeatedly talking above his station. I can't speak for how that is in wrestling, but I know that in theater and film, you don't tell other actors what to do in a scene when the director has other ideas, no matter how much experience you have. You generally go through the director and hope they agree with your advice. I imagine it works the same for all performance-based entertainment, in addition to the usual politicking and pettiness.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Is rather take any and all advice from Hero over loving Hugh Morris.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

say what you want about Hugh Morris but he did teach Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Adrian Neville and many more how to work

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Smart money in yet for this dumb pay per view?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Currently looks like Nia, Owens, Club, Charlotte, Zayn, Reigns, Sheamus, TJP

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I dunno about yall, but I'm extremely excited to see Charlotte repeatedly beat those losers Sasha and Becky before finally losing it to Dana at survivor series

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Becky is on the A-show you stupid idiot!!!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chris James 2 posted:

Currently looks like Nia, Owens, Club, Charlotte, Zayn, Reigns, Sheamus, TJP

A great PPV to skip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
oops