Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The auth for triple the monthly payment is to check that you have at least three months available. The authorization will fall off in a few days. You'll then get another charge for the first month and taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nysven
Apr 15, 2005
You got a good sarsaparilla?

Schpyder posted:

My Amex was just auth'd by Capitol One for triple the monthly payment (also got an auth from Apple).

They do a temp authorization for 3-months as part of the credit check process. It won't post.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Rad, thanks for setting my mind at ease, goons! :cheers:

natsea
May 31, 2005
When you backup an iphone to itunes is there a way to backup apps as well? Restoring an iphone takes forever as it forces you to re-download all of the apps from the app store. Is there an easier way?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Linx posted:

Portrait mode is pretty janky. It can be hard to get it to work properly, and at times doesn't pick up the edges of the "in focus" objects very well. I'm impressed with it overall, but it'll be better once it's a bit more polished

Yeah it can be a little difficult, and it gets it wrong sometimes, but when it's good it looks great

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Just a follow up on my Touch ID stuff: the issue where one account couldn't purchase with it was resolved in the latest update, must have been either an edge case or a cache that was wiped during the process.

Now to gaze lustily at the 7 displays at the store when I figure out my clacky screen stuff. :allears:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

natsea posted:

When you backup an iphone to itunes is there a way to backup apps as well? Restoring an iphone takes forever as it forces you to re-download all of the apps from the app store. Is there an easier way?

I'm pretty sure if you have the apps downloaded to your computer it will just copy them over

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel like the Touch ID is more responsive on the 7 than the 6. With the 6 it refused to recognize my prints unless my finger was immaculate. Even the least bit of sweat from walking or working out and it'd send me to passcode.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Rorus Raz posted:

I feel like the Touch ID is more responsive on the 7 than the 6. With the 6 it refused to recognize my prints unless my finger was immaculate. Even the least bit of sweat from walking or working out and it'd send me to passcode.

the 6 touchid is indeed, dogshit

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Yeah it was with the 6S that it became instantaneous.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I liked the 6 in that I could wake my phone without going directly to the home screen every single time

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

I liked the 6 in that I could wake my phone without going directly to the home screen every single time

Doesn't it wake when you pick it up now? (Mine comes monday :smith:)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bum the Sad posted:

Doesn't it wake when you pick it up now? (Mine comes monday :smith:)

No, they changed it for the bitch idiots who couldn't figure out how to wake it without unlocking it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No, they changed it for the bitch idiots who couldn't figure out how to wake it without unlocking it.

They got rid of raise to wake?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

tuyop posted:

They got rid of raise to wake?

No, when you press on the touch id sensor it doesn't bring you to the spring board anymore, it just unlocks the phone but leaves you on the clock screen.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rise to wake works on my 7, and it's on the latest version of iOS.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Raise to wake is 6s, se and 7 only

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Someone monetized the party parrot stickers in the Messages store 😥

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No, when you press on the touch id sensor it doesn't bring you to the spring board anymore, it just unlocks the phone but leaves you on the clock screen.

You can change this in the Accessibility settings.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yeah there's that to, but like, I dunno I guess I'm just that pedantic asswipe.

I liked the 6 being able to tap the home button and only see the home screen when I wanted to because TouchID was kinda slow. There were times where I wanted to unlock the phone so I could just press once but leave my finger there and go to the homescreen too. It's not a bad thing or something I'd list as a con on newer phones, I just liked it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Maybe that was the why, but the end results are pretty cool. Emphasizing doing things with notifications on the lock screen works really well once you get used to it. The widgets in the swipe right screen are way better too.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Swiping left for camera is nice too. I feel like swiping the camera icon before was too finicky

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The widgets own. Hard.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The frequent apps widget has basically removed my need to go to the springboard. I'm might be a little happier if I could put a static list of apps in there because I'm kind of compulsive that way but so far it's been pretty smart about suggesting things I actually use so I can cope.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

xzzy posted:

The frequent apps widget has basically removed my need to go to the springboard. I'm might be a little happier if I could put a static list of apps in there because I'm kind of compulsive that way but so far it's been pretty smart about suggesting things I actually use so I can cope.

Launcher with Notification Center Widgets by Cromulent Labs
https://appsto.re/us/iLR81.i

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hey friends -- I'm on the same iPhone 6 I've had since launch and pretty recently my wifi connectivity just, like, totally poo poo itself and died. Speeds haven't seemed to change or anything but my range is suddenly TERRIBLE and I have to be , like, within a few feet of my router to pick up a signal when previously I could connect fine all through my house and even out in the yard. Other devices in my house still work fine and my phone is having the same issues if I try and join wifi networks elsewhere so I'm 100% sure it's some sort of issue with my phone and not my network.

I've tried resetting network settings, wiping and restoring the phone, etc, and nothing's helped. The problem didn't coincide with me updating iOS or like dropping my phone or getting it wet or whatever and I'm pretty stumped at this point .... seems like it almost definitely has to be a hardware issue but that would be such a weird and incredibly specific one and I'm not sure what could have triggered it. Anything else worth trying before I bite the bullet and get a new phone? I've googled around it strangely I haven't seen many people with the same issue, at least not with the same severity.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Portrait mode is not showing up in my 7 Plus. I have the latest update 10.2 or whatever. But it's not showing up on the wheel

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!

You need the 10.1 beta. 10.0.2 was a bug fix release.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Got my fingerprint edition yesterday.

Getting a leather case today. It feels great with out a case but holy poo poo is it going to get scratched to hell and back.

EDIT: Is the storm gray color new? I don't remember it last year. I had the saddle brown on my 6s+ but decided to go with something new this year so I picked up the gray. I like the new case design a lot better this year.

I think it was Rose Gray last year but I don't see mention of that poo poo anywhere now.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have tried to update my 6+ with 10.0.2 twice now and it has failed both times, what am I doing wrong fellow goons? The error was something of the lines of 'failed to unpack installation files' rather than bad connection or anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I have tried to update my 6+ with 10.0.2 twice now and it has failed both times, what am I doing wrong fellow goons? The error was something of the lines of 'failed to unpack installation files' rather than bad connection or anything.
Do it through iTunes? Or just don't bother. It's just a minor bug fix and the only major fix probably doesn't apply to you.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My 6 took a solid 20 minutes to do that update. Kinda seemed pointless.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My phone finally shipped and should be here Friday. :dance:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Can someone explain how the music widget works and what songs and/or playlists go on there? I haven't found anything that actually talks about the music widget anywhere. Also, is there any way to just disable my icloud music or am I stuck just going to the Downloaded Music option from now on?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Amazon has a bunch of Anker stuff 15% off today:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/node/inde...316%5Bb%7Cdeals

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
gently caress iTunes is awful, I'm trying to set up my new 7 and when I connect it to itunes to restore from my backup it doesn't recognize the new phone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

gently caress iTunes is awful, I'm trying to set up my new 7 and when I connect it to itunes to restore from my backup it doesn't recognize the new phone.

Why would you do that?

iCloud 4 lyfe yo.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

Why would you do that?

iCloud 4 lyfe yo.

Why would I pay for icloud?

loving poo poo now I plug it in and it thinks it's my old phone. God this is garbage.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 26, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Why would I pay for icloud?

loving poo poo now I plug it in and it thinks it's my old phone. God this is garbage.

Because its $0.99 a month and you never have to worry about what you are dealing with right now.

Also if you don't backup your photos you probably wouldn't even have to pay the $0.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

What problem exactly are you seeing? I've always been able to restore from backup with iTunes when getting a new phone. Maybe you need to update the OS and iTunes for it to recognize the 7?