Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What's the story behind the narrowing of Colorado polls? Is he legitimately able to take it? Because if so, we are a little doomed as a species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Who is the guy posting news on twitter about the trump foundation? And didn't he say he'd have more news today? Or is it too early in America for that?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

What's the story behind the narrowing of Colorado polls? Is he legitimately able to take it? Because if so, we are a little doomed as a species.

Most of CO except for Denver is red, especially the very bad spock's beard city of Colorado Springs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think if Clinton's team followed Obama's 2012 strategy of very aggressively painting the Republican candidate as an out-of-touch businessman who didn't speak for working class interests, instead of ceding the populist angle entirely while expecting millions of educated "rational" Republicans to throw their vote behind a Clinton, they probably could have sunk him way earlier.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

teacup posted:

Who is the guy posting news on twitter about the trump foundation? And didn't he say he'd have more news today? Or is it too early in America for that?

He promised an update tomorrow, but ultimately I doubt it will matter. Nothing matters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I think if Clinton's team followed Obama's 2012 strategy of very aggressively painting the Republican candidate as an out-of-touch businessman who didn't speak for working class interests, instead of ceding the populist angle entirely while expecting millions of educated "rational" Republicans to throw their vote behind a Clinton, they probably could have sunk him way earlier.

Her whole campaign also feels reactive and running down the clock which doesn't seem to working well.

Also lolling at how she made the blunder of going after his horrible supporters instead of focusing on him.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

i know they had at least one ad with a contractor who got stiffed by trump, i guess it didnt matter

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

teacup posted:

he only posted the tweet 4 hours ago, you'll probably have to wait a while

here's the tweet just in case:
https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/780118537666977792

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I agree with this somewhat. Not enough is done to chip away at the conflicts in his image. Even his opponents tacitly accept him as "tough" and immensely wealthy.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkzxrN3LyGY

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oystertoadfish posted:

i know they had at least one ad with a contractor who got stiffed by trump, i guess it didnt matter

poo poo like this makes me convinced a poor debate performance will have no effect.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

More importantly the Hillary campaign strategy is reactive, Let's run down the clock and hope that Trump's various crazy statements causes him to sink in the polls.

They overestimate how americans love the robber baron tough guy image Id that Trump represents.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Hillary Clinton lost to Obama in 2008 and then lost again to Donald Trump in 2016.

Hillary Clinton must feel low. Like, really low. She lost to the best AND the worst.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fart blood posted:

Hillary Clinton lost to Obama in 2008 and then lost again to Donald Trump in 2016.

Hillary Clinton must feel low. Like, really low. She lost to the best AND the worst.

she also lost states in the Primary to a obscure outsider politician from Vermont.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

fart blood posted:

That looks closer than I'd like

AS A COLORADAN...

He won't win CO.

Colorado's swinging red depends almost entirely on the south suburbs of Denver -- Douglas and Arapahoe counties. Also, you have to get the western suburbs of Jefferson County to swing at least 52-48 in your favor, while keeping the poorer northern suburbs of Adams County from going more than 52% Democrat.

I work in Douglas County with a ton of Douglas and Arapahoe county people. They aren't really too excited about him at all, it's hard to find real support for him there.

Jefferson has some hardcore right wing voters who love him, but they're counterbalanced by a lot of moderate democrats and an increasingly young and educated population. Adams is becoming the home of minorities and working class people who have been priced out of Denver due to it's rapid gentrification, they will probably outweigh the blue collar white vote this time around.

Factor in amendments for universal health care and $12.00 an hour statewide minimum wage on the ballot, and there's enough there to drive Democratic turnout. I'm sure her internal polling shows this, otherwise the ad spigot would be turned back on.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

etalian posted:

More importantly the Hillary campaign strategy is reactive, Let's run down the clock and hope that Trump's various crazy statements causes him to sink in the polls.

They overestimate how americans love the robber baron tough guy image Id that Trump represents.

It's the same way she ran both primaries too. I don't think she expected a coronation, but she doesn't seem to know how to run any other way than 'come on, of course you have to elect me.'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

itt we arzy so hard that we start writing post mortems

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

To be fair, some of it is the media's fault. If Hillary gave a speech talking about her plans for the future of the country, they probably just wouldn't cover it. It's still true that either being Trump or talking about Trump is the surest way to get on the air, and even if a lot of the coverage of Trump has been negative, the fact that he's dominated the airwaves for over a year seems to have worked in his favor.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

etalian posted:

I don't think Trump is actually that popular with most Americans, and I think Clinton has a higher corona of soft support that coalesced around her after the conventions and has slowly eroded back to undecided + third party. If anything her campaign is mistaking fear of Trump for the presence of a +1 Hillary, but fear is actually a huge disincentive for voters as the poo poo cycle of an election year makes people increasingly despondent and frustrated. What Obama did in 2008 and again in his masterful re-election campaign of 2012 was match this with an affirming message of optimism. Clinton was at her highest point when she was maintaining a positive message of optimism in contrast to Trump's constant negativity, but has lost that messaging entirely since the convention and is I think part of the reason why she's losing support.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

so we're in this part of the thread again :smugjones:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sinteres posted:

To be fair, some of it is the media's fault. If Hillary gave a speech talking about her plans for the future of the country, they probably just wouldn't cover it. It's still true that either being Trump or talking about Trump is the surest way to get on the air, and even if a lot of the coverage of Trump has been negative, the fact that he's dominated the airwaves for over a year seems to have worked in his favor.

Hillary avoids the media and regular americans. While Trump embraces any sort of media coverage regardless if it's positive or negative.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Sinteres posted:

She just copied Bernie's plans (talk about not getting media coverage)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Hillary's campaign is a giant shirt with an arrow on it that says "I'm running against stupid."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Trump trump trump trump trupm truopm trump trump trump trump trumpt rtmnupo trump tmrup trmup trmup trump trmup trupm trump trmup trmup

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oli posted:

bernie sanders

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oli posted:

She is very unoriginal, she cribbed Bernie's ideas but was sad she couldn't steal his authenticity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iBb1gvehI

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

oystertoadfish posted:

please dont perform sex acts on guns thanks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

For what it's worth I still think Clinton is more likely to win at this point, I just wanted to have an election cycle where I didn't want to kill every human being on the planet for once.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Trump trump trump trump trupm truopm trump trump trump trump trumpt rtmnupo trump tmrup trmup trmup trump trmup trupm trump trmup trmup

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

please post your best bingo boards for tomorrow

also a drinking game that will free you from the despair you face watching the debate but will not free you from this mortal coil

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

:yeah:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Gorilla Mindset

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm gonna do what I always do at these things, which is drink a lot + watch 30 seconds of actual live footage before I can't stand anybody on the TV set and turn it off + just follow along by refreshing the TV/IV threads.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I know nothing matters, but I hope Clinton brings up every instance where a dude hired by Trump turned out to be a colossal gently caress-up and then ask: "Donald, I thought you only hired The Best?" I want to see him burn for 90 solid minutes ... maybe the moderator can send it into overtime?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

ohrwurm posted:

please post your best bingo boards for tomorrow

also a drinking game that will free you from the despair you face watching the debate but will not free you from this mortal coil

repub debates taught me i need to make my board simple

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's so amazing to see people defending the idea that a candidate should be free to tell any lie he wants during a debate without any concern that a journalist might say that's not true.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
nice av lastgirl

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

the only rule is to keep drinking

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
is donkey kong even a gollia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bernie sanders lost and will never be president

• Locked thread