Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The thread for it is here although there might be a new one soon.

Game is not good, but also not awful. Definitely not worth the price tag though. It is not and has never been an MMO. It's just kind of a vaguely entertaining lobby shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Ignite Memories posted:

So it's not an MMO anymore? I don't give a poo poo about space marines but I wanted to ork around with people and be goony

Basically Battlefield 40000

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, you have to pay money for this game? I thought, if you were fine with only being able to play Orks, you could play for free?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ignite Memories posted:

So it's not an MMO anymore? I don't give a poo poo about space marines but I wanted to ork around with people and be goony

It's now just an arena lobby shooter with small maps that plays like utter poo poo. Also 40k themed.
All the MMO or planetside 2 stuff is long dead & abandoned.

Why yes I do regret giving them money way back, why do you ask?

(I think they expected a lot more cash via crowdfunding and it turned out to be a moist fart instead of an overpowering rush so they downscaled drastically from the original pitch)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
An ambitious and inexperienced developer tried to make a game that was entirely too ambitious, results were less than stellar. Full story at 11

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Irate Tree posted:

Wait, you have to pay money for this game? I thought, if you were fine with only being able to play Orks, you could play for free?

That was a few iterations ago, now they're in the 'pay money to play an alpha version of the game' model

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Releases for the 1st.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Good poo poo! I just wish the Genestealer dice had the symbols on sixes, they look really nice. I also like the reboxing of Fantasy/AoS characters into Silver Tower expansions. Saves a few bucks over buying them all, moves product that might not have been moving, and provides more content for the boxed games. I wonder if the Prospero box coming out will be an expansion for Calth's game system.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Whats that Genestealer truck I saw called.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Table of contents and the datasheet for the rock rusher Goliath are making the rounds.

They do get Russ squadrons, Chimera and both flavors of sentinels.

Rock crusher is 12/10/10 with a mining laser, seismic cannon or a 'clearance incinerator'. Troop cap of 6 with 6 fire points and ignores the effects of shaken, stunned or immobilized on a 4+

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SRM posted:

An ambitious and inexperienced developer tried to make a game that was entirely too ambitious, results were less than stellar. Full story at 11

I credit them with scaling back and doing what they could realistically accomplish, and I don't think the release info about the game seems pretty honest about what the game is, but it's still got it categorized as such and during development they still talked a lot about integrating the MMO elements later.

OTOH, don't crowdfund something trying to break into a market that a) doesn't really exist and b) is notoriously expensive/difficult/wrecks studios.

Edit: are GW dice still notoriously poorly balanced?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

mango sentinel posted:

I played in a Kill Team game yesterday and some guy using them rolled about 30-40% 1s :whitewater:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Good poo poo! I just wish the Genestealer dice had the symbols on sixes, they look really nice. I also like the reboxing of Fantasy/AoS characters into Silver Tower expansions. Saves a few bucks over buying them all, moves product that might not have been moving, and provides more content for the boxed games. I wonder if the Prospero box coming out will be an expansion for Calth's game system.
What was the final verdict on Silver Tower? People at my store seem to like it a lot, but I haven't been around when they've played it to see for myself.

PierreTheMime posted:

I played in a Kill Team game yesterday and some guy using them rolled about 30-40% 1s :whitewater:
I played some games of Overkill the other day and my opponent and I shared the same regular dice, nothing fancy. He rolled terribly and I did just fine. He eventually went out to his car to get his own dice and proceeded to continue to roll terribly. :iiam:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I've gotten a lot of kill team games in lately and I'm loving it. Every game has been way more fun than I've had playing standard 40k. It's far from perfect, but still very good.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Master Twig posted:

I've gotten a lot of kill team games in lately and I'm loving it. Every game has been way more fun than I've had playing standard 40k. It's far from perfect, but still very good.

Is it HoR though

Four Score fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 25, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Soooo. Zone Mortalis tiles. I know a few of you goons have them. Any tips and tricks or buying/painting/preparing them?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I know everyone is going nuts over cults, but I just found out that there is a weekend long Con called Flatcon going on here in the Midwest Oct 22nd. Anyone ever been by chance? 1850 with pretty much no other restrictions outside of Battleforged. 38 players max.

My local store had poo poo turnout for the second month in a row, and I'm pretty annoyed so I'm wanting to bring the best I can for this.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I hate how the "Midwest" covers such a large area. I got excited, then realized it's in Illinois. I'm in South Dakota.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If people still used "Old Northwest" commonly this would not be an issue.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Floppychop posted:

I hate how the "Midwest" covers such a large area. I got excited, then realized it's in Illinois. I'm in South Dakota.

Yeah, it sucks man. Place is ultra frustrating, got to be double for you. Where you go to game?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

PierreTheMime posted:

Oh my God. Does this explain my terrible rolling?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Uroboros posted:

Yeah, it sucks man. Place is ultra frustrating, got to be double for you. Where you go to game?

Badland Games in Sioux Falls. It actually has a decently sized community considering it's in SD.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh my God. Does this explain my terrible rolling?

Some days you roll the dice, some days the dice roll you

My gaming group is unfortunately getting kicked out of our space in Watertown and we're trying to find another space in the Boston area to game. We've got a definite candidate in a sci-fi club in Somerville (I'm biased as it's in my hood and there's a great pub right next door) but we don't have storage space there so we'd have to bring our own terrain, which is kind of a pain in the rear end. While I won't miss gaming above the most depressing bar in the world, it was nice that we had storage space there for all our stuff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What did you do to get kicked out

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Guy Goodbody posted:

What did you do to get kicked out

The cranky bastards who run the bar are renovating the space and they said they don't want us there anymore. I think it has something to do with them not "getting" the whole miniatures gaming thing, even though we pay our rent on time every month.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

mango sentinel posted:

Yes. I have a set of the small green skull dice and they are awful. Noticably heavier than my roommates older dice(The ones that come in a dice-looking cube). The skull dice seem to roll 1s roughly 30% of the time, at least.

e: Also there are only 19 of them for some reason, and they don't include scatter dice.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 26, 2016

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
roll the die 100 times and plot results in excel so we can all see

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You can always just suspend it in room temperature salt water. You'll be able to tell if a die goes to a particular face more often then not that way.

VVV Give it a try. Get about half a cup of warm water and mix in about 6 tablespoons of table salt and let it sit for half an hour. You might need a little more if the die is heavier, the goal is to suspend the die in the solution. Once it's suspended spin the die around with your finger. A well-balanced die will give you a variety of results, an off balance one will favor a particular side of the die.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 26, 2016

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You can always just suspend it in room temperature salt water. You'll be able to tell if a die goes to a particular face more often then not that way.

what

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A well-balanced die will give you a variety of results, an off balance one will favor a particular side of the die.

So will just rolling the die

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

I think, that with the water you eliminate a lot of the external factors when throwing a die, and need less iterations for a valid result.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

BULBASAUR posted:

Soooo. Zone Mortalis tiles. I know a few of you goons have them. Any tips and tricks or buying/painting/preparing them?

Maze of the Dead looks p good as a third party alternative on sale soon

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

the most depressing bar in the world
How depressing we talkin' here?

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

SRM posted:

Some days you roll the dice, some days the dice roll you

My gaming group is unfortunately getting kicked out of our space in Watertown and we're trying to find another space in the Boston area to game. We've got a definite candidate in a sci-fi club in Somerville (I'm biased as it's in my hood and there's a great pub right next door) but we don't have storage space there so we'd have to bring our own terrain, which is kind of a pain in the rear end. While I won't miss gaming above the most depressing bar in the world, it was nice that we had storage space there for all our stuff.

Could you explain how your group works? Like how much does it cost to be a member and how many members do you have? Did you share the space with other groups? Maybe its because I live in LA and it cost a lot to rent space here but I can't make sense of how you guys can afford this.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The GSC goliaths look sweet, but at 75 points each I hope their weapons are drat useful.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Upgrade sprue, which doesn't seem to be available separately :(

Next week's releases. Aberrants are conspicously absent.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Brood brothers are also conspicuously missing, but they're probably represented with conversions of regular IG.

I was hoping for some uprising citizens to serve double duty as the SoB's frat militia.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Looks like Brood Brothers will fall under the Neophyte unit entry, with options to take all the standard IG wargear.

That Iconward also looks like a more generic HQ option; the rest will probably be restricted to some degree as it's pretty dumb for a cult to have 6 Patriarchs on the field.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
The Goliath murdertruck owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ANAmal.net posted:

The Goliath murdertruck owns.

Seriously. I've been hoping to have looted IG vehicles in a Genestealer Cult army for as long as I've been playing this game, but considering they appear to be well armored and have the option of either being a open-topped Acolyte delivery system or a firebase with a ton of firing ports I think I might just stick with the Goliath mostly, if anything because they look amazing and will probably go together so much better than the Chimera kit.

I honestly thought GW would just do the lazy option of "and you can field our decades old vehicles :geno:" but much like everything that's been happening in the past year I've been pleasantly surprised.

• Locked thread