Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
Re: water app guy (sorry for the derail)

Although your question was funny, I relate in some way since I'm usually never thirsty and wanted to start drinking 2 liters of water per day (thirst will prevent you from dying but not from making your kidneys work more than they should).

What I found useful is: just have a large glass of water between you and your keyboard while you're working/at home. You'll find yourself drinking that up unconciously just to entertain your hands from time to time.

$2 for my actually helpful advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

tuyop posted:

Is there any way to get google.com, in safari, to remember that I want it to have access to my location? It asks me every loving time I do a google search and I always say yes.

Same thing happens to me. No idea how to fix it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey all... I really want to give Home in ios10 a fair shake. Learning it now. My only issue so far is my office has 2 lights in it but is named DefaultRoom. I can't delete the room, I can't change its name, etc.

Anyone know how I can get those lights moved to a new room named Office?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Weedle posted:

Same thing happens to me. No idea how to fix it.

Found a macrumors forum post where someone said clearing cookies fixed it for them. Just tried it, here's crossing my fingers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish you could assign each of ecobee' room sensors to the appropriate room rather than only seeing 1 temperature on Home (the house average)

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Regarding the google location popup: I got the same problem and tried to search for a solution some time ago. Seems lots of people have this problem but none of the suggested fixes I found helped :shrug:

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Does iOS 10 Maps have a way to send your destination to a different routing app, like you could in older iOS versions?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

TransatlanticFoe posted:

Does iOS 10 Maps have a way to send your destination to a different routing app, like you could in older iOS versions?

3D touch the location and then tap Share
E: doesn't look like it shares to Google Maps but it shares to Truecaller for some reason so YMMV

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 25, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Download Opener, install the extension, hit share, hit Opener and then click Open in Waze or Google Maps

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm trying to have my mother-in-law set up Google Photos on her iPhone, and she's worried about the permissions (she's in info sec, so she does have legitimate concerns like not wanting her receipts in the cloudbutt). Evidently the first thing Google Photos does on iOS is ask if you want to allow it to back up all your photos, and it doesn't seem like there's a way to prevent it. Since this is a remote situation, can anyone help me figure out if there's a way to only back up specific photos/albums from the get-go?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

wooger posted:

Yes, there is no way I'm ever paying for apps via this new subscription pricing BS. I want a one off, perpetual license for software that I pay for, and no recurring fees.

A certain amount of work is required every year to keep an app updated for new OS and hardware releases, and to stay really good huge chunks of the app are going to have to be rethought and redesigned as the OS and its ecosystem change. How many years of support and updates does $5 paid for Overcast in 2014 entitle you to?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Water app resolution: Water minder. Good app.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Feenix posted:

Hey all... I really want to give Home in ios10 a fair shake. Learning it now. My only issue so far is my office has 2 lights in it but is named DefaultRoom. I can't delete the room, I can't change its name, etc.

Anyone know how I can get those lights moved to a new room named Office?
I think you tap and hold the lights like how you would move apps. Trying to remember if that's Home or the Hue app, so your mileage may vary.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Good news, goons who literally struggle to figure out if they've drank water or not, something children and animals can handle without issue: Kickstarter has heard your concerns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-psMKP-kM

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Just get Waterminder. It sends me little alerts to drink throughout the day and when i hit my goal, it stops. It even has an Apple Watch app.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What if you just filled a bottle and made sure you drank it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does anyone know of an app that can tell me when I should breathe? A tutorial on inflating my lungs would be useful too.

No IAP, I don't want the exhale tutorial to be paywalled.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Does anyone know of an app that can tell me when I should breathe? A tutorial on inflating my lungs would be useful too.

No IAP, I don't want the exhale tutorial to be paywalled.

Or eliminate waste? If a device never tells me to poop and pee, it just builds up in me forever until I die.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

What if you just filled a bottle and made sure you drank it

I don't have time to do this.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

LODGE NORTH posted:

Just get Waterminder. It sends me little alerts to drink throughout the day and when i hit my goal, it stops. It even has an Apple Watch app.

Countdown until LODGE NORTH loses his phone someday and dies of dehydration.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I should probably install the app on my iPad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your body actually has a built-in indicator that you are drinking enough water! If your pee is bright yellow, drink more (or eat less B12).

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If I don't drink any water, I won't have anything to pee out.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

If I don't drink any water, I won't have anything to pee out.

How do you suggest I know when to pee without some sort of app?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Just get an app.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i keep ingesting sand what am i doing wrong?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, you could just drink when you're thirsty. People survived for millions of years doing that. And the average lifespan was 35.

There's plenty of ways for your internal tracking of thirst to get hosed up. People in the olden days just died if they didn't drink enough.

I currently have to remind myself to drink constantly. Of course, I'd currently need to drink something like four gallons a day to keep my body working. And I don't, and can't. Also, kidney stones are such a nuisance. I will get kidney stones just drinking when I'm thirsty. As will most of the population, when they age enough.

Kids these days.

Then again, I'm on a ventilator as is. I'd love to keep breathing even when I can't pay attention without clumsy tubing. Is there an app for that?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People with medical conditions need extra considerations? I'm shocked to learn this!

For normal healthy humans you loving drink some water when you're thirsty. It's the easiest goddamn thing.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

xzzy posted:

People with medical conditions need extra considerations? I'm shocked to learn this!

For normal healthy humans you loving drink some water when you're thirsty. It's the easiest goddamn thing.

lmao look at this underhydrated dumb rear end

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

xzzy posted:

Ah, the ignorance of youth. To be specific, not knowing what a cystoscope is.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I just wanted an app to tell me to drink more water. I did not expect this to happen. I am sorry.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

LODGE NORTH posted:

I just wanted an app to tell me to drink more water. I did not expect this to happen. I am sorry.

Some people just don't know the importance of proper hydration. Sure it helps with your sports performances, but kidney stones are so goddamn uncomfortable they teach you the lesson permanently the first time - and being healthy doesn't help you any unless you're also young. And not even then depending on circumstances, like data from the US military shows.

Everyone mocking you for using a water reminder app is wrong, but on the upside they won't avoid the indignities of aging either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Water chat is real bad.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

LmaoTheKid posted:

Water chat is real bad.

Agreed. Can anyone recommed me a good water level app? That is, one that can tell me if my phone (and whatever it's on) is properly level.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

endlessmonotony posted:

Agreed. Can anyone recommed me a good water level app? That is, one that can tell me if my phone (and whatever it's on) is properly level.

The compass has this built in. I use it to level my home theatre speakers all the time.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

The compass has this built in. I use it to level my home theatre speakers all the time.

Do you have to do this often?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Your body actually has a built-in indicator that you are drinking enough water! If your pee is bright yellow, drink more (or eat less B12).
iPhone 7 is waterproof, so where's the app that lets you pee on your phone to check this

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

tuyop posted:

Do you have to do this often?

When I was setting things up, yeah. Maybe I shouldn't say all the time but for a week or so I was constantly tinkering with placement.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is there an app that will tell me when you guys shut the gently caress up about water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just take a drink of water every time a goon says something pedantic or snarky and now I can't stop pissing everywhere help