Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
baloogan is a drunk duck that lives in a sewer(this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

Trump's not going to bring up Bill Clinton's marital infidelity. I am convinced we see Boring Trump this evening.

It's literally the first thing he did, with the Flowers thing

I wouldn't be so confident

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I have it on good authority that Hillary is taking a cue from the MGS3 boss fight with Volgin by showing up to the debate wearing a lifelike Ivanka mask, allowing her to take advantage of Trump's momentary confusion to get in a free headshot with the tranquilizer rifle before the debate has even begun.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Nichael posted:

Is anyone else worried about the Chris Wallace hosted final debate? Seems like it'll be a major disadvantage for Clinton.

Maybe the debates will be the ratfuck we were all waiting for but never came :aaaaa:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Plus the only group that turns out worse than <24 are uneducated white men, and that's literally the only group that Trump has nailed down

like, yeah 'race relations' is their top priority, but it was in 2008 too, and they still didn't turn out to vote against literally a black leader of the free world

That's not entirely surprising though. People tend to vote positively, for candidates, more than they vote negatively, against candidates. Those hicks were not enthused by McCain (which doesn't actually make sense considering his war record) or Mittens. I can see them coming out for Donald.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

u couldnt see face good enuf in old pic so i went n got all up in there

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

"Progressive" is an eye-roller now because it got embraced by a bunch of retard idiots all fighting with each other other an ideal of purity that simply doesn't exist even within their own consensus.

It's meaningless because Tulsi "firebomb all brown people, supports Muslim genociders" Gabbard is one but Sherrod Brown and pretty much anybody more liberal than Bernie isn't.

All "progressive" used to mean was someone who kissed Bernie's ring. Now that Bernie is a sellout shill it means absolutely nothing except "the sort of people who handcuff themselves to event chairs"

Epic High Five posted:

"Actually you see Gabbard's quite open minded in her 'kill the raghead heathens' platform but Brown's position as a proud leftist in a swing state means nothing. Furthermore Clinton will never be progressive even though she's adopted pretty much all of Bernie's platform"

"Okay why is that"

"*nervous Jimmy Dore laugh* hahah uhh *bad joke to complement you and distract from having to answer*"

now that's what I call ideological rigor

Epic High Five posted:

just lmao if you look at the festering morass of conflicting and shifting ideologies and spineless donothingism fermenting in a pool of desperate attention seeking that bubbles up in one sick swampty burst every 4 years and does nothing otherwise that is the fringe left and think, "oh yeah this poo poo is my jam"

sorry the bernie thread triggered you so insanely hard, liberal friend

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Squizzle posted:

sometimes a poster is instead a monster manual, fiend folio, or monstrous compendium entry

What about Lords of Madness?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Squizzle posted:

sometimes a poster is instead a monster manual, fiend folio, or monstrous compendium entry

Am I one of those lovely CR1 monsters?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fullhouse posted:

sorry the bernie thread triggered you so insanely hard, liberal friend

lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Plus the only group that turns out worse than <24 are uneducated white men, and that's literally the only group that Trump has nailed down

like, yeah 'race relations' is their top priority, but it was in 2008 too, and they still didn't turn out to vote against literally a black leader of the free world

They turned out significantly, measurably better in the GOP primaries this year :whitewater:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

It's literally the first thing he did, with the Flowers thing

I wouldn't be so confident
I hope you're right. I really want to be wrong. I don't think I've ever wanted to be wrong so much in my life.

MaxNV posted:

Maybe the debates will be the ratfuck we were all waiting for but never came :aaaaa:
Just you watch, Jeb! will save us all. On election day, Jeb! will heroically sacrifice himself, and pierce Donald's heart with the Sword of Chiang while video game final boss music plays in the background.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Pon de Bundy posted:

baloogan is a drunk duck that lives in a sewer(this thread)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

man people wanting progress in society, wtf is up with that??

*rolls hoop down street with stick*
*is beaten up by robber baron henchmen for not being able to pay back $10 loan*
*gets bubonic plague*

for the past couple decades theres been an effort by the Mises, Rothbardy types to historical revisionism the term "robber barrons" because clearly those men were actually paragons of good capitalist industry

I dont know if this is common in the more mainstream right but I wouldnt be surprised

repeal child labor laws

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

im a cga graphics roger waters

ama

i meant john waters but you know it's been that sort of day

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I do not want Trump to be president.

But if he wins, I won't be that upset. I just have to figure out how to lighten my skin, maybe I'll go bald, and I'll just fall in line.

Fascism can't be that bad, right? Like, it might not even start with him. Someone worse might come along!

I don't drink, btw, so don't listen to me.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the debate thread has been posted and immediately closed. read it and be ready to submit your bingo cards tomorrow morning if you want to participate!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792078

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

They turned out significantly, measurably better in the GOP primaries this year :whitewater:

Yeah, but Trump never got a majority of them. In the primaries the Jesus freaks are massively represented, and they aren't as reliable a bloc for Trump as the nazis

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Turdfuzz posted:

u couldnt see face good enuf in old pic so i went n got all up in there

It's always been the funniest avatar in C-SPAM and now it's unstoppable.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
hey hey hey hey

guess what

trump wont win

hehheh you fuckin stupid

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

Yeah, I think the scum of the country is pretty fired up, while liberals find Clinton "problematic" for bullshit reasons.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zakkro posted:

But if he wins, I won't be that upset. I just have to figure out how to lighten my skin, maybe I'll go bald, and I'll just fall in line.

Fascism can't be that bad, right? Like, it might not even start with him. Someone worse might come along!

what have you got to lose?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, but Trump never got a majority of them. In the primaries the Jesus freaks are massively represented, and they aren't as reliable a bloc for Trump as the nazis

Republicans, of any persuasion, will line up for fascist orange babby. This has been proven multiple times.

zakkro posted:

I suspect if he wins, I've got about two or three years of Muslim and Hispanic hating before it turns to virulent anti-semitism. Is it dumb or panicky to think of ways to leave the country in a hurry now?

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

what have you got to lose?

That's the argument that really convinced me, ya know?

Why try and think you can improve on anything, when about half of your country wants an orange nazi to lead them. I mean, I'm voting for Hillary, but at this point, I'm keeping my expectations real low.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
It's never too late to cut all familial ties, eliminate all digital footprints and escape naked into the vast cover of the great boreal forests in anticipation of orange baby fascism.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Ostentatious posted:

not to mention a big part of donald trumps success was attacking the Republicans relentlessly while they couldn't do ahit.

hillary clinton will have no problems attacking trump, and trump has shown he doesn't take attacks well

That's not true at all.

Trump was attacked by Jeb, Walker, Rand, Fiorina, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, the Fox News moderators, and the CNBC moderators.

The only people who Trump didn't beef with on the debate stage were fat reek and friend Ben.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

It's never too late to cut all familial ties, eliminate all digital footprints and escape naked into the vast cover of the great boreal forests in anticipation of orange baby fascism.

I was thinking New Zealand. It's like Australia's Canada! It can't be all that bad.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

This point of the election is basically The Empire Strikes Back, the lowest possible moment (maybe?) that we can be in, with the promise that things will get better.

If Trump loses, we get Return of the Jedi, which isn't amazing, but it'll do.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

hey hey hey hey

guess what

trump wont win

hehheh you fuckin stupid

:pray:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just a PSA for you all

The First Presidential Debate thread is up.

Read the OP for some details, a drinking game and a bingo game included. Be sure to check early for the bingo game rules if you want to apply to it, there's a submission time limit before 9pm EST.

It'll be open around 10-11am EST or the afternoon, depending if the IKs/Mods are awake/around~

Have fun :h:

I'll prob repost this in the morning :sweatdrop:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

That's not true at all.

Trump was attacked by Jeb, Walker, Rand, Fiorina, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, the Fox News moderators, and the CNBC moderators.

The only people who Trump didn't beef with on the debate stage were fat reek and friend Ben.

Well their ability to attack him doesn't necessarily contradict the statement that they couldn't do poo poo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

You know, even if Trump wins and utterly trashes this country, he'll be voted out, replaced by a Democrat, and after eight years of that Democrat's rule, we'll get people saying "THE DEMOCRATS HAD A CHANCE. NOW LET'S GIVE THE OTHER SIDE A TURN." All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
People sure are surprised that the GOP electorate will vote for literally anything with an (R) next to its name out of sheer tribalism, as if their entire self-contradictory ideology was hollow for the last five decades!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
On the eve of this debate, the beginning of the end of the 2016 election, let's take a walk down memory lane and see where this thread was a year ago" 9/26/2015

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Any day now, Jeb, Walker, or Rubio is gonna turn this thing around and seize the trumpmentum.

Joementum posted:

Yup. February 1, probably.

I know that this is about endorsements, but it's pretty clear the Republican base doesn't want any of the pre-ordained candidates. Eventually, the GOP hating Trump and the will of the electorate are going to have to go head-to-head, and if Trump isn't seriously hobbled by then it's just not going to work. Trump was supposed to be an easy out, Fox News was going to torpedo the poo poo out of him in the first debate, reveal he's a loudmouth idiot, and that would be the end of it. Except it didn't. Nothing they've tried to force him out of the race has worked. The idea that they have some super plan to stump the trump makes me kind of skeptical. The only one in the entire republican party that can bring Trump down at this point is Trump. It will probably remain this way for the rest of the race. Using obscure rules to gently caress him over could actually put the base in open revolt depending on how Trump handles it. Trump could threaten to burn the whole loving GOP down if they try to gently caress him.

Joementum posted:

This assumes that the will of the Republican electorate is to vote for Trump. For ~70% of them, that's currently not true.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone other than Trump winning a republican poll, and I think assuming that every vote not for Trump right this second is going to end up for the establishment candidate is a little wishful thinking. Everyone's going to say these early polls don't matter, then what happens in November, December, and January when all of these idiots are still losing to him?

Everybody in here knows what the best Republican strategy would be - get the small candidates out, get behind the big candidates, and focus on messaging to actually put up a united front against Trump and force him out. But the infighting in the GOP is just too fierce. They could knock him out if they had any control over their party anymore, but the whole election is actually run by mega-donors and Fox News.

EDIT: The longer the republicans allow this clown car field of candidates the better Trump will do. Waiting until the first primary to get the weaker candidates out might be too late.

Joementum posted:

Assuming he even lasts that long, the same thing that happened in 2012 when Ron Paul was leading a week before Iowa.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

You know, even if Trump wins and utterly trashes this country, he'll be voted out, replaced by a Democrat, and after eight years of that Democrat's rule, we'll get people saying "THE DEMOCRATS HAD A CHANCE. NOW LET'S GIVE THE OTHER SIDE A TURN." All this has happened before. All this will happen again.

democrats will be illegal under trump so ur wrong

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

just a PSA for you all

Read the OP for some details, a drinking game and a bingo game included. Be sure to check early for the bingo game rules if you want to apply to it, there's a submission time limit before 9pm EST.

It'll be open around 10-11am EST or the afternoon, depending if the IKs/Mods are awake/around~

Thanks gbs mod.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Neeksy posted:

People sure are surprised that the GOP electorate will vote for literally anything with an (R) next to its name out of sheer tribalism, as if their entire self-contradictory ideology was hollow for the last five decades!
I was one of the dummies in the primary who thought there was a limit to the GOP voter heinousness, but once he wrapped it up, I knew all the NeverTrump pansies would fall in line.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
even with all our certainty, knowledge of politics, and practical good taste and sense, we cant be sure trump wont win

the idea of president trump is really really funny

him just sitting in the chair tapping on the desk, wondering what to do now.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

just a PSA for you all

Let's get that thread to 100k pages as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

zakkro posted:

This point of the election is basically The Empire Strikes Back, the lowest possible moment (maybe?) that we can be in, with the promise that things will get better.

If Trump loses, we get Return of the Jedi, which isn't amazing, but it'll do.

Trump victory: The Force Awakens
Hillary victory: Knights of the Old Republic
Bernie write-in victory: Return of the Jedi
Stein victory: The Phantom Menace
Johnson victory: Star Wars: X-Wing

• Locked thread