Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
The Next Tablet menu keeps telling me that the Medal King has a tablet but am I ever gonna get enough medals for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was curious about that as well so I looked it up and it's not something you have to worry about until way later in the game. Kinda annoying that it will always be listed as available though

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Well I punched Satan in the dick over and over but that didn't even begin to solve the world's problems. This game owns.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love that all the islands have their own unique culture, they all mostly know about the almighty and a great evil and a legendary hero or whatever, but they all have their own version of it, prayer by dance, a godtree, whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that I've got full access to the monster meadow I have to resist the urge to start maxing it out ASAP because I'll probably end up overlevelling myself like crazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just had an intense flashback to catching 5 of every monster in FFX

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Just had an intense flashback to catching 5 of every monster in FFX

i had fun with that walking the entire journey of the game again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i had fun with that walking the entire journey of the game again

the only ones i didnt like was the super rare spawns but it was fun to do.

I just looked up the monster class tree becuase there isnt one in game like they do for the regular jobs and its fairly crazy looking. look at all these boxes and arrows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wrote out a 15 step process to eventually make one of my party members a Platinum King which i think is a King Metal Slime which will be loving badass.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm on the nazi island

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hork

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

are you picking one character to be your monster person

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, it's a lot of grinding to get multiple monster hearts. They're one time use items so you need multiples for different party members. Plus I like the look of just having one monster. I renamed the character Healie

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the people in the games thread who beat the 120 hour game over 2 days and say its bad ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

the people in the games thread who beat the 120 hour game over 2 days and say its bad ftw

Da gently caress.. Facepalming right now big time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This game pwns :-D

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

elf help book posted:

Oh im about to pop a dq7 cartridge in their rear end

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the difference between the two camera types? i cant see any

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it would be so cool if this had a camera like the one in animal crossing happy home designer. which now that i think about is actually probably a ground breaking game in a lot of ways ._.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just saw the final lady on the cover, pwnage. I think once she joins I'll make her do the jester/dancer combo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the difference between the two camera types? i cant see any

The 2nd option makes the L/R turns on the overworld nice and fast instead of the default slow. That's the only thing I've noticed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyone know how leveling up your monsters in monster meadows works? i cn figure out everything else but that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

anyone know how leveling up your monsters in monster meadows works? i cn figure out everything else but that

i think they level up if they share a tablet via street pass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said I wasnt gonna grind but then I did a bunch to get new jobs on the new party member. ah well,

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I said I wasnt gonna grind but then I did a bunch to get new jobs on the new party member. ah well,

jobs feel like theyre asking for grinding

leveling them up is based on number of monsters killed right?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its not a big deal, you dont need to, it feels like if youve got a lazy morning and want to, theres some grind there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

jobs feel like theyre asking for grinding

leveling them up is based on number of monsters killed right?

nah its number of battles. a fight wth one monster counts the sme as a fight with 20

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

ah poo poo. ok

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

nah its number of battles. a fight wth one monster counts the sme as a fight with 20

i got excited when 7 slimes would show up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yesterday i had people at level 19 and decided to use the slime tablet for job grinding while i still could and now i have like 60 slime hearts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

evry time i ran into a group of 1:8 slimes i played a little game wth myself to see how many ic ould kill before they fused or the fight ended, one tme i got like 40+ kills and made like 6k experience nd gold off of one fight lol

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

In Training posted:

As if anyone outside of Japan gets much use of streetpass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Yeah...street passing is limited as is, but then you also need to pass someone who bought a niche JRPG and also the street pass system doesn't unlock until 35+ hours in so its basically non functional. At least square is giving out new tablets through the download bar that have unique monsters and stuff

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

i get loads, but its rare to find like jrpg players and stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most common street passes I get is Pokemon and fire emblem. Actually recently more fire emblem, which is cool, I didn't realize how popular Awakening made that series in the US

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I wish this game had was the gains customization from the bravely games, where you could adjust XP/job growth/encounter rate on the fly. So you stay low level and get neat job abilities and try to make the game more challenging like that. Not really feasible to get job growths without levelling your characters in DQVII. Well I guess you could use a low level monster tablet

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
in the UK every1 likes first party nintendo stuff so thats nice. but if you do find an otaku its like senran kagura and poo poo. i never found a single other person who played smt iv. so i doubt i will have any luck with dragon quest 7

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The only thing I wish this game had was the gains customization from the bravely games, where you could adjust XP/job growth/encounter rate on the fly. So you stay low level and get neat job abilities and try to make the game more challenging like that. Not really feasible to get job growths without levelling your characters in DQVII. Well I guess you could use a low level monster tablet

yeah i made a tablet thats like healslime/king slime/barracuda thats still workng in the 30s, just run that once or twce when i feel like grinding jobs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

in the UK every1 likes first party nintendo stuff so thats nice. but if you do find an otaku its like senran kagura and poo poo. i never found a single other person who played smt iv. so i doubt i will have any luck with dragon quest 7

My condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This is the first game I've played since 2006 that I wouldn't mind getting a strategy guide for.

• Locked thread