Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Marlins ace Jose Fernandez died in a boating accident btw

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/780046438516396033

lol jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ehud posted:

lol jackass

Yeah, that's loving disgusting.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ehud posted:

lol jackass

Wow gently caress that guy.

Also holy poo poo, I did not realize that it was that Jose Fernandez. Jesus. :smith:

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 25, 2016

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

lol jackass

yeah let's get him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah let's get him

When Matt Gaetz specifies that he only wants to kill Muslim terrorists it makes it sound like he supports Christian terrorists like Anders Brevik, Timothy McVay, and Hillary Clinton.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

Wow gently caress that guy.

Also holy poo poo, I did not realize that it was that Jose Fernandez. Jesus. :smith:

What? No!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A man is dead, chiche.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How do people having a meltdown over this deal with Kansas City's "home of the CHIEFS" thing?

That's mostly a rhetorical question

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chichevache posted:

When Matt Gaetz specifies that he only wants to kill Muslim terrorists it makes it sound like he supports Christian terrorists like Anders Brevik, Timothy McVay, and Hillary Clinton.

Hahahhahhhahha implying he thinks any other race apart from Muslims can be terrorists.

Actually thats one thing that really pisses me off in todays media, when a mass attack happens its never considered an "act of terror" unless its connected to a Muslim or someone from an arabic background.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah let's get him

Oh no people, the wall isn't to stop guys like Fernandez coming over - he's one of the good ones.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/780135191385821184

whole roster gonna be in on this by the end of the season

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

I missed the anthem, what'd the Seahawks do?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Skwirl posted:

Politely asked every white person in the stadium if it was ok to protest.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

Same old stuff. Setup the can can line

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Spoeank posted:

Any white players take a knee yet? Most of them are probably JJ Watt-style shitheads, but there's got to be some cool offensive lineman at least.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/780165541004775424?s=09

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ChickenMedium posted:

Any white players take a knee yet? Most of them are probably JJ Watt-style shitheads, but there's got to be some cool offensive lineman at least.

Were there any kickers that never missed a field goal last year? because that's a pretty prime position to take a knee. You have no endorsements to worry bout and if they decide to fire the kicker, there's a dozen teams that wouldn't mind hiring a great kicker, regardless of political controversy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Why do so many people think Kaepernick said anything regarding the troops? :psyduck:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because the flag ( and by extension the anthem)and our troops have been used as a pair to bludgeon people for so long they have become synonymous.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chichevache posted:

Why do so many people think Kaepernick said anything regarding the troops? :psyduck:

Communal narrative and reinforcement. When everyone you hang out with gets outraged about something you're going to follow what they say and tell you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Taking soldiers deaths (maybe sorta if we stretch it and lie) for granted is positively NOT OKAY.
Taking black peoples' deaths for granted by assuming a public protest should be hidden... is patriotic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because the flag ( and by extension the anthem)and our troops have been used as a pair to bludgeon people for so long they have become synonymous.

Man, the dude at Jiffy Lube has a flag on his uniform. It's basically as significant as "Made in China".:argh:

I get your point though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

also KISS sucks

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

KISS is the ICP of metal groups with even less shame which is pretty surprising

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

You would think a Isralei raised jew would be more senstitive when it comes to persecution of a minority

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Henchman of Santa posted:

How do people having a meltdown over this deal with Kansas City's "home of the CHIEFS" thing?

That's mostly a rhetorical question

Yeah, as a KC (well, Olathe) resident, I'll just go ahead and say not a single person up in arms over Kaepernick's action realizes their own cognitive dissonance wrt this issue.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
never mind

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

You would think a Isralei raised jew would be more senstitive when it comes to persecution of a minority

I wouldn't, actually.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

I wouldn't, actually.

Hmm fair point

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Brannock posted:

Communal narrative and reinforcement. When everyone you hang out with gets outraged about something you're going to follow what they say and tell you.

So this thread then :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Marcus Peters has a new celebration while walking away that I did not notice at all during the game. First pick:

Second:

Also this shirt (Newton reference for whoever isn't familiar with him)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
he is amazing in every way 😍

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is a very cool jersey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He seems like one of those people who would tell you unprompted that the panthers started free lunches, neighborhood watch, the space program, written language

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I saw Newton and Panthers I just assumed it had something to do with Cam

im dumb

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Cam wore his own shirt:

https://twitter.com/BrittMcHenry/status/780063416727769088

It's cool and good to see more and more players making statements in their own way.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Of course Curt Schilling would share this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Unrelated to the content but I'm sick of the hyperbolic titles

KISS brutally murders Colin Kaepernick (and is placed on administrative leave), buries him in a shallow unmarked grave, bangs his mom on the grave then pisses on said grave with THESE comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What does the Insane Clown Posse think about Colin Kaepernick?

This is important to me.

• Locked thread