Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Welp, I got my email saying that they're going to call me in the next week. Maybe I get to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It's the daily mail, but: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...social-facebook

Nice one, Clarkson!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope he warned the tenants

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Welp, I got my email saying that they're going to call me in the next week. Maybe I get to go?

Yeah, I got one too. Worth a shot!

Budgie posted:

Nice one, Clarkson!

James May would demolish it by painstakingly removing each piece one by one and commenting on where it came from, what it was made of, and how the people who originally built it had put it together.

Hammond would sell it and move to Texas.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Lucky bastards, I wish they were doing one at cota.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My wife got the call yesterday as well, and told them her husband was hot enough to stand in the front row so I guess we'll see if they know how to use facebook and look up whether that's true or not. :toot:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That was quick, I just filled the form out this morning and got the call just now. Here's hoping I find out something good next week.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Budgie posted:

Nice one, Clarkson!
It feels like the Daily Mail is still trying to generate outrage, in this case by mentioning how it disturbed everyone and interrupted a funeral, as if the BBC is going to force an apology or something

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I thought I was having a stroke reading that with how everything was repeated two or three times.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Galler posted:

I thought I was having a stroke reading that with how everything was repeated two or three times.

That's just British tabloid news. They figuratively beat you over the head with the same information repeated in captions as the story; and they will let you know how you feel by using unflattering pictures.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
GOOD NEWS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0lkrtYvVs

What could possibly go wrong?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is there any news about TGT being watchable in Canada?

Seriously, someone just make it easy for me to pay to watch this and I'll sign up for whatever garbage service carries it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

PT6A posted:

Is there any news about TGT being watchable in Canada?

Seriously, someone just make it easy for me to pay to watch this and I'll sign up for whatever garbage service carries it.

I'm in the US so I'll get it anyways, but I really hope they don't pull that poo poo. They own the content, they own the distribution platform, there is absolutely no good reason to have regional limitations on it.

There are of course plenty of bad reasons made up by people in suits, but those people should be told to go work for the legacy media companies if they think that way.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is prime not available in Canada?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Does Amazon Prime release titles the same way as Netflix, dumping em all out at once? Seems that'd be pretty difficult seeing as how people are sending in RSVPs for show tickets in California.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm sure someone has an example where they did that, but with the amazon shows I've watched, they do things weekly. Are we going to stick with this thread or make a Grand Tour thread?

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008

scuz posted:

Does Amazon Prime release titles the same way as Netflix, dumping em all out at once? Seems that'd be pretty difficult seeing as how people are sending in RSVPs for show tickets in California.

They specifically said that this was going to be weekly, not a binge dump.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Cojawfee posted:

Is prime not available in Canada?

Prime is available but only as a shipping subscription.

Amazon Video is not available in Canada.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boo. Got tickets, but only for filming the opening sequence, not the actual studio segments. Not gonna drive ~13h round trip for that.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I never actually got a call. So it's good to know that despite this being Amazon, it's still typical television production disorganisation.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So apparently 1.2 million entrants applied, 400 were selected initially for the saturday taping, and 350 for the sunday. I assume they had stand-ins for cancels/declines on the RSVP but they didn't mention that statistic. We were allowed a +3 for each invite, both my wife and I got in individually and brought no one with us because all of our friends who would have liked it had prior engagements. All of the guys were remarkably accessible, wandering around in between shots and signing tons of shirts and hats and wristbands. We got to chat with Richard & James for about 15 minutes of downtime while filming multiple angles of something other than the hosts for one segment (a surprise!), and I got high-fived on camera by Jeremy and James during one of the shoots that's almost certainly going to be used. Can't wait to see the footage on November 18.

We couldn't bring phones/electronics with us, and the production team asked the crowd not to give out details of what happened, but it was epic as gently caress and you guys are going to love the new show.

On a scale of 1-10 the day's events and sights were a 30.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

James has seemed to be enjoying California over the past few days.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ether Frenzy posted:

So apparently 1.2 million entrants applied, 400 were selected initially for the saturday taping, and 350 for the sunday. I assume they had stand-ins for cancels/declines on the RSVP but they didn't mention that statistic. We were allowed a +3 for each invite, both my wife and I got in individually and brought no one with us because all of our friends who would have liked it had prior engagements. All of the guys were remarkably accessible, wandering around in between shots and signing tons of shirts and hats and wristbands. We got to chat with Richard & James for about 15 minutes of downtime while filming multiple angles of something other than the hosts for one segment (a surprise!), and I got high-fived on camera by Jeremy and James during one of the shoots that's almost certainly going to be used. Can't wait to see the footage on November 18.

We couldn't bring phones/electronics with us, and the production team asked the crowd not to give out details of what happened, but it was epic as gently caress and you guys are going to love the new show.

I am basically impossibly jealous.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ether Frenzy posted:

We were allowed a +3 for each invite, both my wife and I got in individually and brought no one with us because all of our friends who would have liked it had prior engagements.

"Hey, I've got this Golden Ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, do you want to come with me?"

"No thanks, I planned to go to Ikea on that day"

hopterque posted:

I am basically impossibly jealous.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Meanwhile on New Old Top Gear, LeBlanc is staying for at least the next two years as the main host: http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/26/matt-leblanc-signs-2m-top-gear-deal-as-bbc-panics-after-losing-great-british-bake-off-6152461/

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

spog posted:

"Hey, I've got this Golden Ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, do you want to come with me?"

"No thanks, I planned to go to Ikea on that day"

Yeah, they asked that we try and keep guests to a 50/50 male-female split, I could have easily found 2 of my dude-bros to come along but tried to respect that request/wanted to bring actual fans, not just people who wanted to be on TV - and figured they would invite more ticketholders if we couldn't bring guests on the RSVP. It was short notice, but I was surprised it became a challenge to get people along to this - of our potentials, one couple had a birthday party, one couple had a wedding, and one couple was in... loving North Korea. (seriously. He works vaguely somehow in diplomatic relations, or so he tells us.)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Ether Frenzy I think we're friends on Xbox and I can't believe you didn't ask me. This is an outrage. Sounds like it was an amazing time.

Crossing my fingers for an adequate replacement finally.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They'd have had stand-ins around somewhere; they usually need them to make the place look full and with that many applicants they were guaranteed to get a fair number of people who'd hang around for a chance of getting in. Its good that they went down the route of explicitly telling people that they were stand-ins and might not get on - the only TV tapings I've been to were first-come-first-served and if you arrived later than you needed to then you ended up on the reserve list and you only really had a small chance of getting in - that almost happened to me when I went to see Robot Wars get recorded: my lift was late so I ended up eighth on the reserve list, and they only needed nine folk...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

TGT have announced their racing driver:

https://youtu.be/MYJZG5Og2yg

So gently caress you the BBC?

Edit:
Also :perfect:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Reading the comments, it's a thing they made for their live show after they left the BBC. That explains how it's on youtube.

(The audio's weird because they were doing a bit about how they can't do a TV show without the BBC.)

Also that last bit of music sounds really familiar. Kavinsky? Lazerhawk?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I really like The Ben Collins, he seems like a good Racing Driver.

I hope they actually have him on TGT, for old times' sake.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 1, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That video is from months ago. It was them "auditioning" for a new show.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Antti posted:

Reading the comments, it's a thing they made for their live show after they left the BBC. That explains how it's on youtube.

(The audio's weird because they were doing a bit about how they can't do a TV show without the BBC.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Antti posted:

Music often over powered the voices for me, so I couldn't hear them some times.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Cojawfee posted:

That video is from months ago. It was them "auditioning" for a new show.

Despite knowing this, I agree with KozmoNaut that Ben Collins would make a great Stig replacement.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

wargames posted:

Right, I meant "can't" in the sense that the joke is that they are incompetent at TV shows without the BBC.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Jonny Nox posted:

TGT have announced their racing driver:

https://youtu.be/MYJZG5Og2yg

So gently caress you the BBC?

Edit:
Also :perfect:
Loved this, but was curious to the significance of the silver 944 that made it into a bunch of shots. It's sat in the carpark at one point, and seems to be living with The Ben Collins in his urine soaked garage.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love it. I shows how much they own the idea of a car show that they can freely subvert any aspect of the previous one.

wargames posted:

This makes me wonder if their sound guy came along as well, because this used to be the case on so many BBC published youtube clips. I don't know everything about sound production, but it might be that the voice is input on a sidechain compressor which is supposed to lower the music when the voice speaks, but that it was for some reason left uncompressed when the clips where put out before the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Despite knowing this, I agree with KozmoNaut that Ben Collins would make a great Stig replacement.

Wow. I didnt think of this but it really would be perfect. Its a way of getting what is obviously "the stig" back. BbC doesnt own ben collins.