Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Well a skins beat writer tells me that batting penalties are reviewable. Interesting, gotta file that obscure knowledge away for when this happens again in a few seasons. On further review the Skins did bat the ball forward by about a yard as it went OOB so it was actually illegal batting anyway.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

indigi posted:

so this means a replacement level QB would have thrown for 500+ yards yesterday
Something more like he cost his team 300 yards over an average quarterback, including yards they lose by drives ending early and yards of field position the opposition gets from turnovers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/780386068239704064

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

Falcons are taking the lead today, bro.

That or the division will be tied up at 1-2 across the board. :toot:

NFCS wheel of suck is happening this year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

I think the Chargers might be bad

I still think they're probably 7-9/8-8 ish. They're a better team than last season, but safety is an atrocity outside of McCoil and they really need more depth on the front 7 and at wideout. They could also use a successor to Dunlap at some point.

Mostly I think the problem with the team is the coaching staff. We're inside of McCoy's fourth year and he's never learned much of anything since year one; Pagano's been here for five years and his defense have the exact same problem with soft coverage and tackling as they did when he was here during Norv's final one. They're not smart, they don't know how to make adjustments.. it's just a very limited coaching staff that isn't going to get better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I didn't watch the end of Buccs/Rams so I didn't see how that final drive went until I saw the Deadspin story today, holllly poo poo Buccs lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

NFCS wheel of suck is happening this year.

It's really no different than usual with the exception that Carolina isn't running away with the division (yet).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

I didn't watch the end of Buccs/Rams so I didn't see how that final drive went until I saw the Deadspin story today, holllly poo poo Buccs lol

Jesus loving christ :cripes:

Rams are a 6 win team that's going to fluke their way to 9-7.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

That last play by Winston was some next level poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What happened in the Bucs game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lol no way

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Dirk Koetter

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/what-the-hell-were-the-buccaneers-thinking-1787085179/amp?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Here's a good summary.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/CorkGaines/status/780204935010934784?s=09

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
^^I'm pretty sure my entire neighborhood heard me scream "THROW THE loving BALL".

I seriously just want to die today.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

That is amazing.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
He is either dumb enough to believe he can freeze the defense with fake passes for a 15 yard trot or he has the spatial awareness of Dan Orlovsky.

Pick your poison.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Panthers game made me want to bang my head against a wall yesterday, but this makes me feel much better.

Thanks Jameis :)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've never seen someone go a full 10 yards beyond the LoS and still look to pass

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Talk about a deer in headlights. Yeesh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Watching the Jaguars makes me want to vomit, and I don't think that's just the combination of booze and heat stoke.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Watching the Jaguars makes me want to vomit, and I don't think that's just the combination of booze and heat stoke.

They looked plenty talented, I don't usually blame the coaching staff, but that's what I'm doing.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Talk about a deer in headlights. Yeesh

What's weird is it looks like he could have run for the TD? Or at least had a chance.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I am very happy that the football team I personally like, the Philadelphia Eagles, are playing well and winning football games.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

hifi posted:

lol no way

I hope someone asks Belichick about this so we can get 10 minutes on kickoff rules and strategies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As these kickoff situations get cuter and cuter, I'm looking forward to a ball bouncing high in the air and away from the goalline right into a sprinting coverage guy's hands and he runs in for the TD

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Slate Action posted:

What's weird is it looks like he could have run for the TD? Or at least had a chance.
Looks like he could have easily ran it in. By the time he realizes it, it's too late and he gets blasted from behind.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Have the Giants cut Andrew Adams yet?

quote:

“I thought I was doing my job. I didn’t know the ball was blocked,” Adams told Metro. “I had my back turned to the ball and was blocking my man. I didn’t know it was me [who was penalized] until two plays later. I thought I had a good block and everything. I was sort of confused.”

I love his explanation because he acts as if his dirty and lovely illegal hit wouldn't have been flagged had the punt not been blocked. Also, you didn't block your man so much as launch yourself headfirst directly into his helmet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

I've never seen someone go a full 10 yards beyond the LoS and still look to pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1E9VZE6jI

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember that now lol

This was the game where Brian Cushing's career came to an abrupt halt :sigh:

e: oh wait that was the next season nvm

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Oh God, I just remembered the Bengals never beat the Dolphins.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

lol no way

What in the world is happening here

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

What in the world is happening here

For some reason on a kickoff if a player goes out of bounds then touches the football, it's considered a kickoff out of bounds instead of illegal touching.

Because the rule book is retarded.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the player is OOB when he touches the ball then the ball is considered OOB

If the player were to come back in then it would be illegal touching

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The weird thing about it is that it benefits the receiving team

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe it was a fever dream but I swear I saw Fitzpatrick throw three interceptions on one drive yesterday.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Maybe it was a fever dream but I swear I saw Fitzpatrick throw three interceptions on one drive yesterday.
No that actually happened. The first 2 were horribly dropped.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The only thing worse than getting screwed over by the refs is getting screwed over by the rulebook.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't think you can say that Philly has one of the top defenses in the NFL. The front 4 is really carrying all the load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If you can rush 4 and get pressure then you have a good D that can do a lot against a variety of offenses

• Locked thread