Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

dhamster posted:

Nulled: BattleBlock Theater - I wanted to like this one but it didn't really click with me either. Getting through the levels just didn't feel interesting to me compared to other platformers.

I actually really enjoyed this on its own, but apparently this game shines (and was meant to shine) with co-op, local if possible. I haven't experienced it yet, so I don't know, it's just what everyone says. Maybe give that a try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Risk of Rain: I had trouble starting out because the base movement speed is so low. It felt like playing Maggy in Binding of Isaac on every run. Constantly running away from enemies but still getting mobbed. But like every roguelite, the more you play, the more items you unlock, the more characters you unlock, the more you improve, the more fun it gets. I played 16 hours and beat it maybe 5-6 times, then moved it out of the backlog and into Favorites. But mobility is still an issue and I tend to turn on the Command artifact so I can guarantee myself some movement upgrades. I think I favor Bandit, Engineer and Loader at the moment. I beat it with Huntress once but it was a bit of a slog. Good game.

Divine Divinity: For some reason the map in this game feels simultaneously big and small. Like, you look at the overview and the size of the buildings and how much space they take up and it looks pretty small, but it still takes forever to get anywhere. Anyway this took me 34 hours which probably means I missed out on a lot of quests since it's "supposed" to be longer, and I'm generally a slow player. I did unknowingly trigger the point of no return without keeping a save from before (my fault; it was kind of an obvious moment) so a load of incomplete quests were immediately canceled. In typical RPG fashion the final stretch is a combat-heavy slog, devoid of NPCs, quests, dialogue or anything else of interest other than many long and winding corridors full of enemies. I ran through it. Overall decent game. I like Larian's dialogue, it's like the main character is carrying a goofy :) smile at all times. What little voice acting they recorded for the game was atrocious, though.

Beyond Divinity next.

edit: Seems like a buggy piece of poo poo so far. Kind of a chore to play.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 14, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice - 2nd-best in the series if not the best. The game that Apollo Justice deserves, and possibly the perfect sendoff to the entire cast, should this be the final case.

BEATEN: Absolute Drift - I'll be honest, I did just the Free Roam mode because the event challenges are loving ridiculously difficult for an idiot like me

BEATEN: The Deer God - mediocre arty platformer that is severely weakened by a really, really poorly randomly-generated world. you will encounter the same quest giver 10 feet apart from.. themselves. identical geometry back to back. secret paths that lead to... nowhere. it's astonishing how bad the random generation is. makes me want to give Rogue Legacy a second chance

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
BEATEN: Blood and Bacon - Good co-op fun for the 25 cents it cost. Would be nice if I could silence the talking farmer.

BEATEN: Crystals of Time - Got this for free. Never done a hidden object game before, I started playing and before I knew it the game was over. Very relaxing, about three hours worth, although some puzzles are on repeat.

NULLED: Cubetractor - Got this for free, it got too hard after 30 minutes.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Nulled: Candy Blast
A nice enough phone port of a simple puzzle game, but I just lost interest after having done the first 200 levels out of 1200.

Finished: Empress of the Deep: Legacy of the Phoenix
Hidden Object game, that's apparently not available anymore. Why they would pull a HO game is beyond me. It's not like they licensed a soundtrack or Ferrari cars.

Finished: Hitman: Absolution
My first Hitman game, and it was mildly entertaining. Didn't have any nostalgic feelings towards the series, so it was a comparison to other stealth games like Thi4f and Dishonored.
It took me a bit to get into the game and how to play it, as I tried the classic Dishonored way, where you sneak around until you get caught and then kill everything. This took a bit more sneaking and way less gung-ho killing, which was pretty fun. In the end though, I just wanted it to be done, so I just did a killing spree in the last 4-5 levels. That was cool too.

Finished: Hitman: Sniper Challenge
This one was pretty drat fun, in that it was more like a puzzle.
Find the right sequence to killing the guys from afar while also making sure the bodies are not spotted. Then when you have the correct sequence, try and optimize it, plus find all the easter eggs and do the challenges.
I wouldn't mind more levels like this.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Hello, everyone, my name is InevitableCheese and I have an addiction to Steam sales. I am currently uploading my 1061 games that bltool found, and then going to manually import the games I own on PS4/Vita (50+). Maybe someday I can get around to my emulated games.

Also not sure if anyone has heard of this tool, but I have also been using GaugePowered to manage my cost vs. time spent. It has a playlist feature as well. My username on both Steam and Backloggery is InevitableCheese, so feel free to add me if you like.

Edit: maybe i could learn how to do urls

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I think I've checked out gaugepowered in the past but decided it was too hard to correct the prices for bundles/sales. Plus $/hour can be a dubious metric. That said, I can see the appeal.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

dhamster posted:

I think I've checked out gaugepowered in the past but decided it was too hard to correct the prices for bundles/sales. Plus $/hour can be a dubious metric. That said, I can see the appeal.

I think the thing that can mess a lot of people up is if they use IdleMaster or something similar to farm cards.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

InevitableCheese posted:

I think the thing that can mess a lot of people up is if they use IdleMaster or something similar to farm cards.

Idlemaster absolutely ruins any sort of honest stats, so be warned, goons-who-have-never-used-it, because aside from getting a brand new Steam account and rebuying everything, you can't go back.

EDIT: I assume this is you, Cheese?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/InevitableCheese

If so, I've added you. I'm on there as robot_cousin.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 16, 2016

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: I assume this is you, Cheese?

That's me! I added you.

So I have all my Steam games imported and cleaned up into Backloggery. I am adding my Sony games over the weekend from Vita/PS4, and then I'll get started. Currenty sitting on 963 games, and I'll *probably* replay most of what I have in my collection.

Today's fortune cookie results:

Storm of Spears
Three Heroes
Sparkle 3: Genesis

God help us all.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

It's been a bit since I posted, but I've:

BEATEN: Grim Dawn - A pretty fun ARPG, reminds of playing Diablo for the first time again. Got to level 55 before completing the regular difficulty. I could take the character onto the higher difficulties and do it again, but don't feel strongly motivated towards doing so. Maybe something I'll play every once in a while.

BEATEN: Tharsis - Played on easy, and beat it after a few attempts. Neat, but the blantant result of the RNG in the dice rolls is kind of frustrating. Likely won't play again.

'BEATEN': WWE 2K16 - With my custom Barack Obama wrestler, I won the first championship. Gameplay is pretty similar and the storyline seems almost non-existent compared to previous wrestling games I played. Not very interested in getting better titles (though I never saw any better types of matches with almost 15 hours in).

NULLED: Satellite Reign - I want to like it, I really do, but I can't get used to the realtime mechanic. Even with the super-slowmo ability option, poo poo goes south real quick, and I don't think the style is well suited to quick responses of shooting dudes. Maybe if there were a legitimate turn-based mod, I could try again. The setting is interesting, but I don't find myself really enjoying playing it.

Still sort of trying to play: Thi4f - Gotten through 2 chapters, but hasn't really imparted strong feelings one way or another yet. Maybe I'll pick it up again later.

BEATEN(a long time ago): Hack 'n' Slash - Interesting faux programming mechanic, but loses it's charm towards the end with the very specific objects and puzzles. Fun and I don't recall it being too long.

Random choices from SteamCompletionist:
New Star Soccer 5
Geneforge
Particle Mace
and Stardew Valley

I've gotten through a year or more in Stardew already, just stopped playing and didn't follow through to be judged.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
BEATEN: Saints Row 3 - Me and a friend did the entire game in co-op mode, it's the best co-op game we've played so far.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't think I ever finish games, just move onto the next shiny one.

Nulled: Super Time Force Ultra - booted it up, played a mission, realized that every mission in the game is timed and it's a fairly strict limit. No thanks, I don't like playing under pressure. I might get back to it later, but it's off now.

Beaten: Renowned Explorers - and kind of nulled. I've beated several campaigns, one on the classic/permadeath difficulty and I'm happy with that. I'd like more cheevos, as it's a fun game, but I bombed a previously very successful run up against one of the final bosses and that killed my interest in going again. I might be back, but not today. (ps don't go up against the raptor queen if you don't know what you're in for, it's not a good time!)

Playing: Invisible Inc. It's back on the roster after several months of not touching it, here to replace Renowned Explorers as a lovely turn-based game I can think about when I'm not playing. I've beaten the main campaign before, but I'd like to do it on experienced and expert mode if I can, and play around in endless mode some more. Basically I've got this marked as complete, but I'm still hunting cheevos and having a fun time with it.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Someone showed me BundleStars and I now own 91 more games on top of my 1000. Ugh.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

InevitableCheese posted:

Someone showed me BundleStars and I now own 91 more games on top of my 1000. Ugh.

Have you been through IsThereAnyDeal? It's my favorite place to check prices before going in on any bundles.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just hand an alcoholic a bottle of whiskey why don't you

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Better to...shop responsibly? Sorry! :sweatdrop:

InevitableCheese, if you can, try to boot up every game you purchase and take it for a spin for at least 10-15 minutes to see if you want to play more. I've been...somewhat successful in curbing my impulse purchases by trying to think of if I'll have fun with it for more than a few hours. Some purchases are worth it with a low price and for a few hours of fun, but it helps curb the 10$+ ones when I realize I could wait for a better deal or spend that money on a book or something.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Each game averaged was $.32 USD, so even 15 minutes would meet the cost, pretty much.

I am currently locked out of activating my games because I am activating too many keys. And all this after I was on a three day authorization hold with BundleStars. I deserve every bit of trouble for buying 100 more games. :allears:

Edit:
NULLED: Sparkle EVO, Sparkle 3: Genesis, and Sparkle 2 - Not sure why someone made three games that are a longer, more tedious version of the cell stage from SPORE.

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 19, 2016

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
There are no other games anymore. There is only Rimworld.

I've tracked all of my times playing games studiously since mid-2012 after getting frustrated with rubbish timers and after buying Rimworld some six weeks ago, it's already my fourth most played game since then at 90 hours and that's with a two-week holiday in there, which is just ludicrous. It's just brilliant and it's not even finished yet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I've found that recording LPs has made it easier to determine what I will and won't play. After a half hour I usually stop and think about whether a game is enjoyable enough or a slog. If the latter I just move on to the next game. I was interested in Lost Crown because it was by the Dark Fall guy but the character walks soooo slowly and Boakes put in a lot of hotspots that serve no purpose other than to look at a close up of a sign so I just moved on

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Played some lovely games:

Nulled: $1 Ride
Bundle crap where you get power ups to a space ship and can then move forward. kinda like those mobile games where you see how high you can jump.

Nulled: 1001 Spikes
One of those NES nostalgia platformer trips

Nulled: 123 Slaughter Me Street
From clicking Play in Steam until I was out in the Task Manager and killing it, took 2 minutes. In that time I had watched a black screen, some developer doing voice over to try and sound like a radio broadcaster, and then finally a veeery... sloooooow.... presentaaaation.... offffff.. theeeee... tiiiiiiiitleeeee...
Horror game, I guess. At least i felt horrified enough by the lovely presentation to quit before even playing it.

Finished: A-Gents
Top down twin stick Commando clone doing big pixelation, Only 20 short levels that they apparently release as semi-episodes. There are only achievements for the first 10 levels (2 episodes).
I just needed something that I played more than 10 minutes.

Nulled: Mafia II
Just like in Mafia 1, I honestly can't stand the way they talk and the driving. And since both are big parts of the game, it just had to go. While the city was pretty, it also felt extremely empty.
I also had a bug where everything suddenly went into slow motion. A known bug.
Definitely waiting for the reviews of Mafia III before jumping on that one. It has to be Saints Row 3 levels of improvements if I should buy it at full price.

Nulled: Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes
I realized that those games are pretty lovely. Yeah I know, a bit late...

Quest For Glory II posted:

I've found that recording LPs has made it easier to determine what I will and won't play. After a half hour I usually stop and think about whether a game is enjoyable enough or a slog. If the latter I just move on to the next game.
Wow, I was under the impression you actually finished all the games you own. So you are not a super human gaming machine after all :)

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Quest For Glory II posted:

I've found that recording LPs has made it easier to determine what I will and won't play. After a half hour I usually stop and think about whether a game is enjoyable enough or a slog. If the latter I just move on to the next game. I was interested in Lost Crown because it was by the Dark Fall guy but the character walks soooo slowly and Boakes put in a lot of hotspots that serve no purpose other than to look at a close up of a sign so I just moved on

I was actually thinking about posting a similar thing but for streaming. It's really helped me narrow down what I want to play, because if a game isn't either entertaining enough or I don't feel like it's provoking enough thought for me to at least move my lips a little bit, I've found I'm usually willing to pass on it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fart of Presto posted:

Wow, I was under the impression you actually finished all the games you own. So you are not a super human gaming machine after all :)
I may come back to those games eventually but I need to be in a particular mood to do them instead of just being up for whatever. I enjoy point and click adventure games but I really need to be in a P&C mood to play certain ones because a lot of them require patience, not just in figuring out puzzles but in watching your character slowly walk back and forth between rooms.

BEATEN: RIVE - Excellent final game from Two Tribes, I loved it. Might need more enemy variety or more types of virii but it's great for what it is.

BEATEN: Chantelise - I tried it a long time ago and couldn't get into it, but I was able to get into it after a second chance. It was alright! The camera is atrocious (think PS1-quality) but the gameplay loop was satisfying enough for a low-budget ARPG

BEATEN: Tiny Guardians - Tower defense-ish game, chill listen-to-podcasts game. Your player character has to be defended, and you summon RPG classes around them that fight off enemies as the player character moves from start to finish. You can click & drag on heroes and redirect them anywhere inside the radius, as well as level them up (several times if need be). But it's not stressful the way that a lot of TD games can become (although I do wish there was a pause/speed button, like Defender Quest has)

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
One of the things I picked up from this thread was a notion of "playing an alphabet", where you work your way through a list of games with one letter each. I started an alphabet at the start of this year, and I'm now abandoning it near the end as Not Really For Me.

The issue here is that especially as we got onto the last few entries, this served to keep me away from games I actually wanted to be playing rather than serving as inspiration to keep going forward and check out odd corners. Anything that makes playing games into a chore should be abandoned.

By the time I'd decided that, though, I was awfully close to the end of an alphabet, so I poked at the remaining entries on my list and then I'm moving on.

• A is for Axiom Verge, which was a very good but not Metroidvania with a glitch aesthetic. That it was made by basically one person, though, means it's certainly a Hell of a feat.
  • B I mostly bounced off of. I tried to enjoy Bionic Dues, and I still feel I should, but I didn't. The Banner Saga is looking promising. I'm a battle or two into Chapter 2.
  • C is for Crashmo, a viciously difficult but nevertheless neat puzzle game for 3DS. Pushmo is the better game, though.
  • D is for Dark Souls II. Nothing more need be said.
  • E is for Escape Goat, cute, brief, and basically good-natured.
  • F is for Freedom Planet, also cute and basically good-natured, but which needed a better editor. SGDQ 2016 and its Milla Mode was a revelation in terms of how much fun this game is to break.
  • G is for Geometry Dash, a BIT.TRIP RUNNER-like that's a mobile port gone mad.
  • H is for Headlander, whose impeccable style nearly makes up for its somewhat pedestrian substance.
  • I was a problem, as everything I had that started with I was basically accidental bundle trash. The Inner World is looking pretty cute, though.
  • J is for Just Cause 2, which I poked at a bit and will need the right mindset for. Can't argue with what looks like Saint's Row meets Bionic Commando, though.
  • K is for Keen Dreams because it's on Steam for some reason. I still think Commander Keen IV is the only good one.
  • L is for Lyle in Cube Sector, a freeware metroidvania game that doesn't quite hold up to modern scrutiny.
  • M is for Mighty No. 9, which holds up even less well to modern scrutiny and isn't from before Indie games became a genre, nor was it freeware.
  • N is for Never Alone, which I felt I should have liked more than I did. The supplemental interviews were more fun than the game.
  • O is for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Yes, I've been living under a rock for 20 years.
  • P is for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. It ultimately managed to redeem itself, but this was an obviously ill-fated project from the get-go.
  • Q is for Quake. I told you I'd been living under a rock.
  • R is for Reus. Neat little optimization puzzle, but too passive and slow-paced for my tastes.
  • S is for A Story About My Uncle. This is the game I desperately wanted Quantum Conundrum to be.
  • T is for TIS-100. For a game about assembly language, it sure feels like Spacechem.
  • U is for Ultima 1. A game built in some alternate mirror universe where game design principles are all backwards. Interesting enough that after I beat it I promptly did an LP of it.
  • V is for Valiant Hearts. A game about how terrible and pointless World War I is, while also outrunning tanks and zepplins piloted by dudes enraged that you stole their pants. To the Can-Can. Tonal whiplash is your watchword.
  • W is for The Witness. Very good, with flashes of greatness, but DROD still holds the crown for me.
  • X is blank because I didn't have any unbeaten games that started with X. X-Wing doesn't really hold up, but XCOM:EU and X-COM itself sure do!
  • Y is for Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, which I poked at. It's supposed to be one of the clunkier ones, but it's been so long since Oath in Felghana that it felt great the instant I picked it up.
  • Z is for Zen Puzzle Garden, bundle trash that managed to deliver some solid puzzles out of a simplistic mechanic.

With that out of the way, I can then move on to other stuff:

BEATEN: Duet. This was also bundle trash made good. It's a runner game, sort of, like Geometry Dash or the BIT.TRIP runners, but you have two little balls that orbit around a central point, so you have to spin instead of jump. It's simultaneously super-chill and incredibly evil. I was impressed.

IN PROGRESS: SUPERHOT. I need to be patient when I play this, because it's kind of annoying to have only one hitpoint when you can't see your own hitbox.

IN PROGRESS: Picross 3D, Round 2. This stuff is crack, and you can set Hard Mode right from the start, which means if you'd crushed your way through the original Picross 3D, you'll be sweating right from the word go. The puzzles aren't different across difficulty levels, in terms of the solutions, but the clues are more complex and more sparse. This is totally fantastic and I'm going to miss it terribly in every other puzzle game I play.[/b]

IN PROGRESS: Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim. Just started out, but man, I've missed this.

ON DECK: Majora's Mask 3D, The Banner Saga, Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. So much stuff I actually want to play, gosh. We'll see how well I can keep focus.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
A quick bunch of bundle fodder:

Nulled: Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery
Platformer in 320*200 (or something close to that)

Finished: Agent Walker: Secret Journey
Hidden Object Game! Also a new one from Artifex Mundi that was light on the Adventure-lite part, non-annoying mini games and plenty of collectibles. Story was beyond bad.

Nulled: Alien Run
Probably the saddest Runner game I've ever played. I even felt bad for the protagonist, because he was made up of 4 animations and looked like he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Nulled: The Big Elk
A strange top-down shooter where you are an elk with a rabbit companion that can build stores. On each level you are hunted by things like Christmas trees, worms on mono-bikes and yeah, I don't know.

Nulled: Dr. Daisy: Pet Vet
Casual time management in the vein of Cook Serve Delicious. Wrestle sick animals, neuter them, put them down and tell little Timmy they are being sent upstate and made in to soap bars.

Nulled: Haunsters
It's a shooter of some kind, but I think it only really works in multi-player. The single player part I played was slow and made no sense at all, and yet I won the rounds I played.

Nulled: Math Rescue
I only got to DosBox before killing the process. My doctor has forbidden me to play old Apogee games in 2016.

Nulled: Melter Man
A decent puzzle platformer with a neat gimmick where you melt stuff, vacuum it up and use it to build bridges and barriers. Give it a try if you are into this genre and have it in your library.

Nulled: Milford Heaven - Luken's Chronicles
It's a mix between a clicker and a SNES Zelda RPG. I had some fun playing it but didn't start a second time when I died.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yo Fart have you played the Edgar Allen Poe games? They keep showing up on my youtube feed and they're pretty enough to interest me.

Also I'm playing Little Bang Story, a hidden object game and Calibri's sole title, and I'm torn on if it's good or not. It's certainly requiring more brain cells than I want to put into a game of its type but some of the puzzles are clever.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

Yo Fart have you played the Edgar Allen Poe games? They keep showing up on my youtube feed and they're pretty enough to interest me.

Also I'm playing Little Bang Story, a hidden object game and Calibri's sole title, and I'm torn on if it's good or not. It's certainly requiring more brain cells than I want to put into a game of its type but some of the puzzles are clever.
I haven't played the Dark Tales series, which seems to the main EAP Hidden Object games, but have played the Midnight Mysteries series, where there first two, The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy and Salem Witch Trials both have links to EAP.
The Midnight Mysteries series were basically the benchmark games, other HOGs needed to match back in the day. That is until Artifex Mundi upped their game presentation wise.

I really liked Tiny Bang Story, which reminded me more of the Amanita Design games than a straight up HOG.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Beaten: Halcyon 6
Great game, blending XCOM, 4X, JRPGs, and so much more. I loved it, but it needs a bit more (which the developers are working on). I'm going to revisit this game in a year or so when more content has been added and certain game sections and systems have been balanced better.

Nulled: Endless Space
Haven't heard great stuff about this game, and I have other 4X games I've been meaning to play. So nulled.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

n4 posted:

Nulled: Endless Space
Haven't heard great stuff about this game, and I have other 4X games I've been meaning to play. So nulled.

As a 4X junkie I actually think Endless Space isn't that bad. It's not an all-time classic, no, but I dumped a good 40 or so hours into it. Also you can be Horatio, which is one of the best factions ever, in any video game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pikestaff posted:

As a 4X junkie I actually think Endless Space isn't that bad. It's not an all-time classic, no, but I dumped a good 40 or so hours into it. Also you can be Horatio, which is one of the best factions ever, in any video game.

Endless Space 2 is I think either in beta now, or soon. Given how good Endless Legend is (very), ES2 is probably going to be amazing. ES1's greatest strength was being really creative, so that combined with a game with experience and talent is gonna be great.

EDIT: I still want a full-on, AAA RPG set in the Endless universe. That has the potential to capture basically everything that was amazing about pre-Skyrim Bethesda games, particularly Morrowind.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 23, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Yeah ES is worth a look for sure, not going to hold you for 500 hours but still pretty good for awhile, and as Pikestaff said, Horatio.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Just gonna echo the sentiment that Endless Space is pretty fun, I played through a full game once or twice and it was enjoyable

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: Lost Civilization - HIDDEN OBJECT GAME!!

BEATEN: 1954 Alcatraz - One of Daedalic's better games. Has a bit of racism in it, but I think it's contextually appropriate (serial killer guy hates you the entire game you're in prison and calls you a slur once). Oddly, treats LGBT characters fairly well, considering they're... Daedalic. Most importantly you don't hate the protagonists, which puts it head and shoulders above half their catalog.

BEATEN: The Samaritan Paradox - Adventure Game Studio game, so it's low-res, has some nonsensical puzzles, and clunky movement/UI. The story is kinda interesting though and has a plot twist I wasn't expecting at all.

BEATEN: Seraph - Another game where I couldn't beat the final boss. Takes the old 90s Tomb Raider shooting and puts it in an arcade side-scrolling world with random levels, persistent upgrades, and such. A neat feature is a Daily Challenge, akin to Rayman Legends' challenges, where everyone gets the same layout and is scored against each other on the leaderboards. If you finish in the top (x)% you can get crafting materials as rewards.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Daedalic published Alcatraz, an American studio developed it which is why it's well researched and not weirdly localized.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Beaten: Pillars of Eternity - I beat this on Story Mode. I thought the story was serviceable, but only one companion really clicked with me. The art is beautiful though and the music is very nice. I'm not really a fan of the combat system and the party size. I also was uncertain on just what the stats did and what they affected.

Beaten: DOOM - This was really fun to play through. My first FPS games were MoH and CoD and this departure from that formula is very refreshing. The game also gorgeous and wonderfully optimized. I also love how the DOOM Marine reacts to dialogue by smashing everything.

Beaten: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Much like DOOM and The New Order I had an enjoyable time with The Old Blood.

Recently Purchased: Batman: Arkham Asylum & City - I played these on the Xbox 360 years ago and decided to pick them up from the Humble Store Summer Sale. Love these games.

Backlog: - Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, Grim Dawn, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Shadowrun: Dragonfall. I have a few hours into all of these. Grim Dawn will likely completed next after Batman.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Two more today:

BEATEN: Sherlock Holmes & the Mystery of the Persian Carpet - HIDDEN OBJECT GAME!!!

BEATEN: Relic Hunters Zero - Freeware-on-Steam twin stick shooter. It's open source so the community has been tweaking it (it's in Year Two). I beat it on my second of two runs today which is nice, because it's a little shallow. Can't beat the price though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Despite the fact that I have literally hundreds of games to beat, I recently completed Resident evil 4 for what must be the 12th time (first on Steam, though) and immediately started over with the infinite rocket launcher, bustin' heads (and literally everything else)

:black101:

For my next trick, absolutely 100%-ing this game, something I've never done. Beaten the main campaign many times, even once on Professional, but I've never gotten 5 stars on everything in Mercenaries, nor have I ever had a save file with both Separate Ways and Assignment Ada completed.

Really thankful for cloud saving through Steam.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 25, 2016

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Despite the fact that I have literally hundreds of games to beat, I recently completed Resident evil 4 for what must be the 12th time (first on Steam, though) and immediately started over with the infinite rocket launcher, bustin' heads (and literally everything else)

:black101:

For my next trick, absolutely 100%-ing this game, something I've never done. Beaten the main campaign many times, even once on Professional, but I've never gotten 5 stars on everything in Mercenaries, nor have I ever had a save file with both Separate Ways and Assignment Ada completed.

Really thankful for cloud saving through Steam.

I think I put like 100+ hours into that game on PS2. Me and my parents still co-op RE5 every Christmas. :v:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Hey! I finally beat Batman: Arkham Asylum and it was great! :v:

Too bad I undid my backlog achievement by immediately purchasing Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Origins :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

InevitableCheese posted:

I think I put like 100+ hours into that game on PS2. Me and my parents still co-op RE5 every Christmas. :v:

I think it's incredible that you regularly (as a tradition, no less!) play Resident Evil ANYTHING with your parents.

I hope your post will mirror experiences my son will have when he gets older.

"Son, let me tell you about the Ganados..."