Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antistar01 posted:

drat this game is pretty.

Pretty bad at spelling. :downsrim:

(Looks like Nate forgot the "i before e except after c" rule in his journal. I know, it's probably intentional.)

Fun fact: there's more exceptions to that rule than adherents. By a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I think I sense the plot of Uncharted 5. Something about Sumerians and aliens and pirates.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I really wish the game had some good mook chatter like the Arkham Asylum games. And I'm kinda getting sold on the idea of everyone regarding Nathan Drake as a Samus Aran figure.

'The Grunter has come to Scotland, already, three mountains have crumbled.'

I like to think that in whatever periodicals and websites specifically serve the interests of the mercenary community, Nathan Drake's passage across the world is tracked like it's a tropical storm front. Even the vaguest hint that he's in a given area is considered enough reason to turn down or walk away from a job.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
God help you if there might be a hint pointing to the next step of finding the treasure in your area, that's like a Level 5 Drakening right there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wanderer posted:

I like to think that in whatever periodicals and websites specifically serve the interests of the mercenary community, Nathan Drake's passage across the world is tracked like it's a tropical storm front. Even the vaguest hint that he's in a given area is considered enough reason to turn down or walk away from a job.

In that vein, I'd like to see the bad guy's lair when he's told Bond is in the area, some flunky just drops their stuff and walks out.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, I know. Not in the case of "receive", though. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wanderer posted:

Like The Beast in Infamous 2!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I really wish the game had some good mook chatter like the Arkham Asylum No One Lives Forever games.

FTFY.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bruceski posted:

In that vein, I'd like to see the bad guy's lair when he's told Bond is in the area, some flunky just drops their stuff and walks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVkL3ILbNo

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I love that when you zoom in close on Nate you can see that there's snow sticking to his jacket and hair. Plus he leaves footprints. This game is really good at details like that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey Chip I remember you were saying you had a lot of problems recording Chapter 8 and wasted an entire night with unusable footage. Did we see those sections in the update? If not will those be disccused in the next LP recording?

Also I kind of hate the end of the video. It's like they found Avery's grave and solved the puzzle but it just pointed to a new area that seems a lot more like somethign Rafe would or will stumble across. It's basically just three crosses on a cliffside and a seaside cave entrance in the middle. Think they should have found more clues or something that mattered in Avery's grave

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Presumably that's what the cuts and fades were, transitioning between recording sessions.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Some of those fades were simply because I had some better takes from other sessions, and this chapter has very few friendly editing points. I hate using those fades but eventually I just had to go with it because I was wasting so much time trying to get one clean take. The main issue was that it was really easy for me to flub doing whatever thing I wanted to do in each combat section. There's something about the design of them that just led me to accidentally doing something that looked clumsy, and I will not have that!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's okay, I also encountered that problem with Dead Space which is similar in its ~uninterrupted experience~ presentation. Seamless crossfades are super hard to do especially in third person games so I don't think anyone blames you for them not being 100% unnoticeable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Never played it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Never played it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLF4WA2buoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PxxbJydBU

remember what H.A.R.M. stands for. :colbert:

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 23, 2016

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Honestly the real treasure you picked up this video was that Mateba 6 Unica.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's an honor, mister president.

edit: The Mateba is also featured in Resident Evil Revelations 2 and it owns in that game as well. Really revolvers in general own.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 24, 2016

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Really revolvers in general own.

Unless you need to reload and your name isn't "Revolver Ocelot".

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
So here we have another instance of following weird clues to find a ridiculous hidden treasure spot that turns out to be a vantage point to the real treasure. Except that will turn out to be only the next clue. In the end the goal is nowhere near the place all your hints pointed to. That was grating enough with the "entrance to Shambhala", I wonder how long they'll stretch it in this game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Drake and company are all gonna feel real silly when it turns out Avery actually hid his treasure on the moon.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I just love that it was in an obvious cave all along.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Drake and company are all gonna feel real silly when it turns out Avery actually hid his treasure on the moon.

On a nazi pirate moon base?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

double nine posted:

Pirates on the moon.

gently caress you, moon.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

double nine posted:

And we're back to the Samus Aran comparison.

Can't wait for the moon's self destruct sequence.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Chip, can you confirm of you run past all the enemies quick enough , Drake will be in a bikini during the emd credits?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Chip, can you confirm of you run past all the enemies quick enough , Drake will be in a bikini during the emd credits?

What are "Earths Mightiest Dad" credits and where can I see them?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wait, maybe both Sam and Drake in a bikini?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Wait, maybe both Sam and Drake in a bikini?

What about Sully?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

bman in 2288 posted:

What about Sully?

He gets to judge who's the prettiest.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

What about Sully?

He's Adam.

"What're you asking me for authorization for? Go wild! Just don't get yourself killed, kid!"

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For the record, snowball fights in games are awesome and the devs should have kept it in. Witcher 3 had one and it was great.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Problem is it would encourage me, the player, to give Sam a flying squirrel punch

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Problem is it would encourage me, the player, to give Sam a flying squirrel punch

Why stop at Sam? Spread the love to all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'd encourage folks to remember Dismas, Gestas and Jesus as the LP continues.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Discendo Vox posted:

I knew Sully was here to absolve us of our sins.

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Whaaat? Surely the game's not trying to draw some kind of parallel... like opening on the tale of two thieves right before introducing our long lost brother.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah, I dunno, stories about this Jesus guy are pretty obscure, this stuff will be hard to remember

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
The Miracles of Sully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

29 ... Then Sully got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Nathan. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Nate, save me!”

31 Immediately Nathan reached out his hand and caught him. “Aw,” he said, “Kitty got wet?”

• Locked thread