Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Madcosby posted:

When I saw Newton and Panthers I just assumed it had something to do with Cam

im dumb

This post is so white I need sunglasses to look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

This post is so white I need sunglasses snow goggles to look at it.

Man, please, actin' like you give a gently caress about a minority culture with this poo poo.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure more white people learning about upstanding citizen Huey Newton is just the thing to end racial intolerance

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm sure more white people learning about upstanding citizen Huey Newton is just the thing to end racial intolerance

Educating white people without hurting their feelings is not anyone's job

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Also your post history in this thread is a really funny and pathetic flow of passive aggressive diarrhea

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The best part about all this is that white people are paying a fortune to get this rubbed in their face via football and they simply can't stop themselves

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

go3 posted:

The best part about all this is that white people are paying a fortune to get this rubbed in their face via football and they simply can't stop themselves
Didn't you hear? Almost half of EVERYBODY claimed they'd boycott watching the NFL if players kept kneeling for the anthem.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mods rename me passive aggressive diarrhea

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

mods rename me passive aggressive diarrhea

And then, please, change my name to Ehud.

edit.

Also yeah, no, White people SHOULD learn about black civil rights history, because it's important and completely glossed over in our current education system.

It's a loving travesty honestly. I never knew how the Black Panther party started until I loving googled it. The only thing white kids know about the Black Panthers is that they were "bad dudes", with very little cause to expand on that knowledge.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 26, 2016

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

The only thing white kids know about the Black Panthers is that they were "bad dudes"

The Black Panthers were heroes who saved the President.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chilichimp posted:

Also yeah, no, White people SHOULD learn about black civil rights history, because it's important and completely glossed over in our current education system.

It's a loving travesty honestly. I never knew how the Black Panther party started until I loving googled it. The only thing white kids know about the Black Panthers is that they were "bad dudes", with very little cause to expand on that knowledge.

yeah, this lack of education leads to everyone on Earth saying "why don't you do what MLK did?!" not realizing that Martin Luther King does not represent the entirety of the civil rights movement, nor are all of its accomplishments due exclusively to him and his nonviolent protests

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Zerilan posted:

I really didn't know much about them either, like Chili. I was under the impression that they were some racist hate group, but it seems that label is more for the "new" BPP which the original one refutes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

They were some bad mother f--- "shut yo mouth"

I'm just talking about The Black Panthers.

Shath Hole posted:

I really didn't know much about them either, like Chili. I was under the impression that they were some racist hate group, but it seems that label is more for the "new" BPP which the original one refutes.

Don't tell a conservative person that poo poo, yo. They will freak out on you.

Though, to be fair, it depends how much Sean Hannity they listen to on the reg.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i didn't learn poo poo in any of my history classes because i was 13 years old during them

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

hifi posted:

i didn't learn poo poo in any of my history classes because i was 13 years old during them

Same. I also despised history so it didn't make it any better in terms of learning anything because I just wanted out in the worst way. It took me 4 tries to pass my constitution test. gently caress that thing forever.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Man, please, actin' like you give a gently caress about a minority culture with this poo poo.

I'm the white dude who took multiple African American studies courses (online, so no one would know I am actually The Man).

edit
Do you want a picture of my copy of Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave next to a cat or something?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

edit
Do you want a picture of my copy of Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave next to a cat or something?

well now I do, yeah

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Unrelated to the content but I'm sick of the hyperbolic titles

KISS brutally murders Colin Kaepernick (and is placed on administrative leave), buries him in a shallow unmarked grave, bangs his mom on the grave then pisses on said grave with THESE comments

http://deadspin.com/deadspin-obliterates-current-internet-headline-meme-1633729511

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I stopped clicking on those "(person) destroys/obliterates/sodimizes (person/thing)" headlines a long time ago but I never saw a single one that ever lived up to the hype. Pretty much stupid poo poo for stupid people.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

well now I do, yeah

I hosed up and spoke too soon. It's in the liberal arts degree graveyard (parent's garage!) along with my future.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stokely Carmichael was cool but the rest of the panthers are overrated

Sort of like Steve smith a few years back

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I hosed up and spoke too soon. It's in the liberal arts degree graveyard (parent's garage!) along with my future.

hell, same

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://fox43.com/2016/09/26/restaurant-tapes-colin-kaepernick-jersey-to-floor-as-welcome-mat/

quote:

“I was not offended by that," Carol Bevilacqua said. "I think we live in a free country. I think people are allowed to do what they want.”
There is so much :ironicat: in that statement

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Holy poo poo. that guy's usage of periods. in his FB status. it's really goddamn annoying. he's making a good point. but comes across really stupid. it hurts my brain to read it. and to try and mimic it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

Also your post history in this thread is a really funny and pathetic flow of passive aggressive diarrhea

you're my dude vhs

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

drat, you're not kidding. What a dumbass

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I made a Kaep avatar for him and all but gave it to him but decided to not waste the :10bux:

The posting. It's bad.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Falcons/Saints stood an held hands in a big circle on the field after anthem as a show of support and unity in light of the recent events in Tulsa and the larger issue of racial inequality. I can't really criticize this because ANY show of support, especially continued support means a lot to keeping this issue at the forefront of the discussion.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its the 'prayer circle' of doing something

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

go3 posted:

its the 'prayer circle' of doing something

Thoughts and Prayers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm taking prayer requests btw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I guess it's something that a lot of teams are doing anything else than just holding their hands on their hearts during the anthem. But I blame all of Russel Wilson's recent injuries on karmic justice for him not taking a knee during the anthem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

I guess it's something that a lot of teams are doing anything else than just holding their hands on their hearts during the anthem. But I blame all of Russel Wilson's recent injuries on karmic justice for him not taking a knee during the anthem.

God tried to take his knee for him not taking one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

God tried to take his knee for him not taking one

:thejoke:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm just glad that the Broncos knocked some sense into Cam.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

yeah but Spoeank was a lot more poetic and pithy about it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kalli posted:

What does the Insane Clown Posse think about Colin Kaepernick?

This is important to me.

I mean they probably agree with what he's doing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gregg Popovich was asked about it and just knocked it out of the park

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

drat good stuff from Popovich. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently a Nebraska player was told he should be hung because he kneeled.

• Locked thread