Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Saoshyant posted:

The DLC is garbo mostly. Crystals for crafting, two costumes for Aurora, and a new party member. Only the latter really matters of these. If it's cheap enough and you are going to play on Hard go for it, otherwise stick to the base game.

Thanks, made the decision for me easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
lol this game is still $60 and it's still being advertised like its brand new

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

There was a bug when Child of Light first came out where save data could get corrupted or something similar, cost me six or seven hours of gameplay and put me off of trying to finish it. Anybody know if that ever got patched out?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

GTA was one of the first games I bought for PS4, knowing that I'd definitely play the hell out of it on a new-gen console. Even if just for the online game.

I don't think I've played it since I installed it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheDarkFlame posted:

GTA was one of the first games I bought for PS4, knowing that I'd definitely play the hell out of it on a new-gen console. Even if just for the online game.

I don't think I've played it since I installed it.

i'm really tired of gta and gta clones personally

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the trajectory of 'open world' as a drawing point from gta3 to now is pretty funny

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Super No Vacancy posted:

the trajectory of 'open world' as a drawing point from gta3 to now is pretty funny

Yeah, San Andreas was where I discovered that I hated the entire formula. Tepid game design.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
gta online made a billion dollars from in-game currency sales alone

there is zero incentive to drop the price on gtav

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

gta online made a billion dollars from in-game currency sales alone

there is zero incentive to drop the price on gtav

Uhh your second statement actually disagrees with the first.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah, I bet they could make another billion if they dropped the price.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
gtav still sells a lot of loving copies so no, there is no reason to drop the price

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

gtav still sells a lot of loving copies so no, there is no reason to drop the price

There is if you're increasing the pool of people who will drop mad money on GTA money, but anyway I'm sure Rockstar has expert accountants who've meticulously crunched the numbers and worked out the exact day to significantly drop the price, as well as the day the game goes F2P.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they'll drag it out as long as possible so they don't have to make VI any time soon

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
GTA V is a really good single player game. Like, really good. I don't get how people that like games don't like it. Is it cool to not like it because it's popular?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't like GTA games because they are the epitome of Quantity over Quality

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ddogflex posted:

GTA V is a really good single player game. Like, really good. I don't get how people that like games don't like it. Is it cool to not like it because it's popular?

Because it's a boring empty world with nothing to do but drive around a large but mostly non-interactive setting populated by missions which are 90% "drive to this place" and 10% "Really fun heists we didn't do enough of."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also really wretched attempts at humor and/or 'satire'

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ddogflex posted:

personally i don't like them because the activities outside of the campaign aren't something i want to do more than few times anyway but especially because the control is too clunky and stiff for such a long running series in the 3rd person genre and yet there's always parts of the game, including the campaign, that are finicky where you need to fight against the controls.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

V is way way way better than IV, which I hated for many of the reasons above. V has great set pieces and they learned a lot from Red Dead and Max Payne 3

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Super No Vacancy posted:

also really wretched attempts at humor and/or 'satire'

The writing is the part that's stuck with me the most from GTA V, but a big part of it is that the voice actors are really really good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't listen to the VA's when the script is like lame fart joke, slut joke, limp dick joke, on rotation

Quantum of Phallus posted:

V is way way way better than IV, which I hated for many of the reasons above. V has great set pieces and they learned a lot from Red Dead and Max Payne 3

crowbcat has a good video of everything that was in 4 that was stripped in making 5 and its all the small detail stuff that sells the gently caress around murder spree moments of the game and makes them satisfying to play. V goes for so much more in other areas that its not inexcusable or anything but there is a lot of ai behavior and animation work that they just didn't give a gently caress about anymore

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GTA V single player was intensely fun to get high and listen to snythpop and do rampages and drive around. I can definitely see why people don't like it but the people who don't like it almost always say "I refuse to understand how anyone could enjoy this" and it's like, we get it, you vape.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I seriously had no idea there were people that legitametly don't like GTA games other than moms. I only thought there were those that have played em and loved them all and those that have never played any before.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i get bored with gta games after a few hours. 5 didnt even last me that long.

i probably wont buy the next one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i played and loved the ps2 ones but 4 was pretty boring and after i beat 5 i didn't want to play it agian

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I spent many days downloading the 95 gigabyte GTA5 (pc) and then I opened up with Franklin in this vast world...

And I just kinda got bored and quit. It's less GTA's fault and more Open World Video Games fault.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of, I just played some of rear end creed syndicate and it stinks.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

I think it helps that these games are gigantic now, it feels like more of a chore travelling and trying to do everything, so you get a lot sicker a lot quicker with a lot more to do. You had a look at Vice City on PS2 recently? That map is not huge. There are like five buildings on one road.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
gta v is good

ac syndicate is good

doom is good

whats up with playstation plus for next month

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Romero posted:

whats up with playstation plus for next month

check back thurs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im hoping they give us some games next month but i heard they might also be charging us $280 instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh yeah the drop

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/25/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-9272016/

Contra
Darkest Dungeon - crossbuy
Dead Rising 2 - retail
Fifa
Lichtspear
Mount and Blade
Wand wars - wednesday release
xcom 2
zheros

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

In Training posted:

I don't like GTA games because they are the epitome of Quantity over Quality

You've confused the GTA games with Bethesda games.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the gta guys should make a game that actually looks like its covers

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've played and enjoyed every GTA (though that enjoyment really, really waned by the end of IV) but I've never once completed any of the 'find 100 items' scavenger hunt deals and can't imagine anyone who has actually had fun doing it.

Basically they should stop making that a thing in open world games, but in the last GTA they had like 3-4 different ones so I doubt it :shrug:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Davincie posted:

the gta guys should make a game that actually looks like its covers

but dead or alive beach volleyball is already a game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wolfsheim posted:

I've played and enjoyed every GTA (though that enjoyment really, really waned by the end of IV) but I've never once completed any of the 'find 100 items' scavenger hunt deals and can't imagine anyone who has actually had fun doing it.

Basically they should stop making that a thing in open world games, but in the last GTA they had like 3-4 different ones so I doubt it :shrug:

i have a friend who forces himself to do all of these and he hates it the entire time and i will never understand it

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

oh yeah the drop
xcom 2

Anyone know if XCOM 2 actually runs properly on consoles?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ImpAtom posted:

Because it's a boring empty world with nothing to do but drive around a large but mostly non-interactive setting populated by missions which are 90% "drive to this place" and 10% "Really fun heists we didn't do enough of."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheDarkFlame posted:

Anyone know if XCOM 2 actually runs properly on consoles?

Unpatched it leaked on xbox and looked rough. No ones seen the patched version yet

• Locked thread