Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't really know the best place to post this but I'm pretty excited about it.

Before & After of an adventure trailer my brother and I built. Mostly his design but put a lot of work in on it and think it turned out pretty nice.

Some more pics including shots of the cabin interior and a dog

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

Yup. It may not be super sleek and futuristic and poo poo but at least everything is cohesively shaped and laid out instead of just a scattergun of random angular plastic bullshit everywhere like practically every modern 'naked' bike.
It's an accurate sign of the times when that round thing looks good compared to every other modern bike. It means that every other modern bike is a hideous piece of poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tree Dude posted:

I don't really know the best place to post this but I'm pretty excited about it.

Before & After of an adventure trailer my brother and I built. Mostly his design but put a lot of work in on it and think it turned out pretty nice.

Awesome stuff.

:coffeepal:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Dope. I met someone at the track that had a similar setup. They took a long boat trailer, installed a prefab camper bit up front, and used the space behind for two trackbikes. Hauled by a big ole f350. Probably the best setup I've seen so far.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

It's an accurate sign of the times when that round thing looks good compared to every other modern bike. It means that every other modern bike is a hideous piece of poo poo.

You can't be serious. Looks good?? You're on drugs. Bad ones that make you go blind.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Good. I'm not asking you to like it, I'm asking you to respect it because actual effort was put in and it was designed by one guy with a very particular vision instead of a focus group populated by middle aged men with speed dealer sunglasses.

There is absolutely something to be said for a cohesive design vision vs. design by committee, but I tend to be a form follows function kinda guy and, to me, that bike just screams "I want to design a bike that looks retro-futuristic/have been watching too many episodes of the Jetsons. We can figure out how to make an actual working bike out of this after I'm done with my pretty drawings". Even if the bike wasn't designed with function in mind first, good design ages well. Twenty years after it came out, that bike is 100% kitsch.

This is versus something like the Britten, which was built around using the engine as a stressed frame member (function), used a completely different design language than anything from its era, AND still looks cool as gently caress.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Slavvy posted:

Good. I'm not asking you to like it, I'm asking you to respect it because actual effort was put in and it was designed by one guy with a very particular vision instead of a focus group populated by middle aged men with speed dealer sunglasses.

Do you have Ducati posters in your garage? How do you feel about kickstands mounted on engine cases?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

Anime is for idiot manbabies so I'm gonna say

This looks like what would happen if you based your bikes aesthetic on a toddlers crayon drawing. I'm not a big fan of the angular plastic modern naked bike stuff either, but this just one just looks corny.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Marxalot posted:

Do you have Ducati posters in your garage?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I hope the bolts holding that up aren't italian.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Buhbuhj posted:

I hope the bolts holding that up aren't italian.

I wouldn't worry about the bolts, but the drywaller and framer probably was. Because there are traditionally a lot of Italians in the construction industry, you see. I'm sure they all do quality work.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Tree Dude posted:

This is awesome, nice work!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Linedance posted:

You can't be serious. Looks good?? You're on drugs. Bad ones that make you go blind.

It looks like a bulbous turd but it's better than most bikes today.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

I wouldn't worry about the bolts, but the drywaller and framer probably was. Because there are traditionally a lot of Italians in the construction industry, you see. I'm sure they all do quality work.

That's in Britain so it's solid brick holding it up, put up by solid Irishmen wearing solid tweed jackets. No Groverhausen allowed here.

(IIRC it's held up by three fairly chunky hooks, so it's around 60kgs per hook assuming it's dry - even shonky American "Iunno, slap some 2x4s and plasterboard somewhere" construction can hold that up if it's done right)

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think it's sad that the bike's on a wall, and not on the road.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I think it's sad that the bike's on a wall, and not on the road.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's winter.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
It's mounted so the hole punched in the lower cases by the kickstand isn't draining oil across the wall.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Tree Dude posted:

So how far from the rally do you unload?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

Ouch!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

clutchpuck posted:

:iceburn:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
LOL clutchpuck

I would not be able to relax on that couch with the loving Duc of Damocles hanging over my poo poo. I'd sit down for like 3 minutes and just not be able to concentrate on The Young Ones or the IT Crowd or whatever you people are watching.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

LOL clutchpuck

I would not be able to relax on that couch with the loving Duc of Damocles hanging over my poo poo. I'd sit down for like 3 minutes and just not be able to concentrate on The Young Ones or the IT Crowd or whatever you people are watching.

Ducs of Hazard.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbl1KAdwQTM

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

This video really has everything a good motorcycle video needs.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Really 'idiot' is redundant in that description, they could have just said 'GSX_'

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Videos like that make me wonder how many riders wipe out on purpose to get some YouTube revenue though I'm probably giving this guy wayyyyy too much credit.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
whoa. WHOA. poo poo. OH MY GOD.

I don't buy blaming that entirely on the throttle lock, that was 100% him getting spooked and then target fixating his way over that drop off

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

whoa. WHOA. poo poo. OH MY GOD.

I don't buy blaming that entirely on the throttle lock, that was 100% him getting spooked and then target fixating his way over that drop off

He never looked through the corner. He looked straight ahead the whole time.

Guy needs to take an MSF class.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
shoulda just layer dan'd

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It looks like the video took place in New Zealand, and he's an American, so left-side-drive may have messed him up a bit.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sure, but he was going slow enough that he probably could have just clamped down and locked the wheels and still kept the bike upright.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Seems like nobody told him he can clutch it

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Lucky he just looks stupid, someone that is that terrible at riding is a severe accident waiting to happen.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

Sure, but he was going slow enough that he probably could have just clamped down and locked the wheels and still kept the bike upright.

Digging through the comments he says a few times that "he was hitting the front and rear brakes but the ABS kept the wheels rolling because the throttle was still open". As clutchpuck called out, he could've pulled the loving clutch in too. Video was titled appropriately

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Or turned? He could have turned?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, let's not get too crazy here

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Or turned? He could have turned?

But... How?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I wish he would've committed and tried to land it standing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Whiskey throttle idle