Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

98 years old, and she was fully mentally with it until the end, and died peacefully after a few weeks of chill hospice care in her own place with round the clock visits by her huge family, i honestly can't ask for a better way for her to go

sorry I'll stop sadding up the hello and chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

alnilam posted:

farewell to my really cool and good grandma :( :( :(
she was one of the kindest people in the world imo and i like to think i get my byob chillitude largely from her

sorry to hear that, man. I lost my grandfather earlier this year :smith:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

she was one of the kindest people in the world imo and i like to think i get my byob chillitude largely from her

i'm really sorry, dude. your grandma did a good job on you, making you chill, so she had to have been cool af.

JiveHonky

by zen death robot
:yikes:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Music Theory posted:

I posted it!

I also just remembered a few games to post about.

that's very cool of you to do that!

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

social vegan

alnilam posted:

sorry to hear it bud, I'm sure she's still v proud of ya!

mysterious frankie

alnilam posted:

98 years old, and she was fully mentally with it until the end, and died peacefully after a few weeks of chill hospice care in her own place with round the clock visits by her huge family, i honestly can't ask for a better way for her to go

grandparents dying is super sad & strange. from his deathbed my grandpa made me promise I would finish college, and then when my grandma was dying I stayed by her and told her jokes to lighten the mood, but also because I didn't know what else to do. my wife's grandparents are starting to drop now and I wish I could prepare her for it, but nothing really prepares you for it. getting used to loved ones dying is sort of like figuring out how to make a good omelette in that way, but it's sadder and you can't eat it and also really pretentious restaurants that don't have signage are probably trying to figure out how to charge someone $200 for the experience.

----------------

Music Theory

mysterious frankie posted:

that's very cool of you to do that!

thanks!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

take care

----------------

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

alnilam posted:

Don't be sorry, you gotta process your feels somehow. I feel like your Nan probably died knowing how loved she was by her whole family, which is really great, and I'm glad that you got to spend time with her at the end, bc that's an important thing for you as well as for her. Sorry for your loss, friend.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

City of Glompton posted:

:(

goodbye alnilam's grandma

:glomp:

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
sorry for your loss, al :(
I'm sure she was a wonderful woman, and it sounds like she lived a long, full life

Salmiakki

HighwireAct posted:

sorry for your loss, al :(
I'm sure she was a wonderful woman, and it sounds like she lived a long, full life

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Manifisto

That's so sad to hear, Alnilam. I hope your memories of her give you comfort, she sounds like a wonderful person.

ty nesamdoom!

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

To Alnilam: :sympathy:

To all fellow Yobbers: Hey y'all, make sure you check out our nerd game going on in P/C. it might be cool and chill(?)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792023

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 27, 2016

Sigs and AV courtesy of kickin' rad posters: super mario batali, Ahundredbux, and Saint Isias Boner

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Prediction:
If Hillary Clinton wins. She will make it harder for the non elite to be elected, remove power from the middle class. Scary.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:siren: oh yeah! 1st Presidential Debate! :siren:

i put $100 on hillary to beat the spread, hoping the refs aren't going to call to many fouls because its officially the playoffs now, so loving excited

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Uxzuigal posted:

Prediction:
If Hillary Clinton wins. She will make it harder for the non elite to be elected, remove power from the middle class. Scary.

Has a middle class person ever been elected president before? Not american, so I haven't looked into presidential backgrounds.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
oh poo poo, hilldawg won the coin toss and then immediately powerslammed a "my granddaughter's birthday is today" right over trump for a score

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

oh poo poo, hilldawg won the coin toss and then immediately powerslammed a "my granddaughter's birthday is today" right over trump for a score

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

big black turnout

i don't have the stomach to watch it live im hoping it doesn't go terribly and i can watch it tomorrow

FluffieDuckie

i'm listening to people tell me what's happening

hurry someone tell me what's happening :ohdear:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Hillary is getting owned, not suprising: Economics.
She wants to build infrastructure to make jobs.. with money that doesn't exist.

<3 <3 Vanisher

MiracleWhale

is the debate on twitch because i would like to deliver some sick owns in a little text box while i watch

FluffieDuckie

my understanding is that trump's strategy is to go for the sympathy vote by pretending to be sick

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
everyone showed up for a baseball game but trump is wearing a football helmet and holding a tennis racket, their still letting him try to play though

FluffieDuckie

nice

FAT32 SHAMER

I'm for Hillary and yeah Hillary is getting owned

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Both are loving abyssmal options, this is just sad to watch though - Tank vs Peashooter. Hillarys plan has been tried before in Europe, doesn't work. Tax cuts has made a ton of jobs here in Norway however. And less companys leave.

<3 <3 Vanisher

big black turnout

Uxzuigal posted:

Both are loving abyssmal options, this is just sad to watch though - Tank vs Peashooter. Hillarys plan has been tried before in Europe, doesn't work. Tax cuts has made a ton of jobs here in Norway however. And less companys leave.

lol

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
LOL - This is loving mental!

<3 <3 Vanisher

big black turnout

If you just suck master's dick more he won't beat you as much! Why don't you just do that???

FluffieDuckie

ok stop telling me what's happening

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
trump is good on the attack but cannot actually answer the questions given to him

mysterious frankie

omg this debate is so wacky. they just got done fighting over whose debate fact checker website people should go to. I live in a cartoon hell dimension lol

----------------

FAT32 SHAMER

Hillary is really coming out of her shell and I'm impressed she recovered from that initial thing so quickly

meanwhile:

Luvcow posted:

trump is good on the attack but cannot actually answer the questions given to him

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Obama question is making Trump loose some ground, but not too much. Sniffs when pressured.

<3 <3 Vanisher

mysterious frankie

killary hitlon is making my christlike pigfox angry and I won't brook it!

nah, never mind, I'll brook it.

----------------

Takane

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not watching the debates but sounds like its exactly as i thought it would be

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

these people make me feel bad for russia