Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sure is, as animated by friendly goon SebAndSeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm gonna assume it was Tina who lied about selling it to Lyle.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I like teodor

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
a good strip

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
After reading the new strip (which owned Owned OWNED), I ended up clicking the random comic-link and found myself reading the arc where Philippe goes home.

Jesus christ, Onstad :smith:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Someone should make an Achewood Without Teodor, as in Garfield Without Garfield.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Someone should make an Achewood Without Teodor, as in Garfield Without Garfield.

The Roomba Theater strips are going to be weird.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

So it works.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I like it because it is as if he is talking directly to me.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

I was gonna say, before I was distracted by stupid WORK this morning, that you could do exactly this with this strip, and it would just look like he was talking to the viewer, except for maybe panel 8. Bless y'all for reading my mind.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

He was always talking directly to you.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Ok so we have established without a doubt that Teodor is useless. Now what? Who drafts the mail we send to Onstadtdt?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
People hate in others what they despise about themselves

I on the other hand am moving in just the right direction as I head into the twilight years of young adulthood, and so, I love him. Nothing about the stalled out bear who's just sort of watching himself watching himself as his life passes him by is relatable or uncomfortable to me.

So he's going to stay and that's final.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Tarranon posted:

People hate in others what they despise about themselves

I on the other hand am moving in just the right direction as I head into the twilight years of young adulthood, and so, I love him. Nothing about the stalled out bear who's just sort of watching himself watching himself as his life passes him by is relatable or uncomfortable to me.

So he's going to stay and that's final.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

imagine hes sayhing "tarranon.. would want it.. this waaay"

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 24, 2016

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Don't ditch Teodor. He's the mirror in which we see our lousy, bitchy and indolent nature. One time he hugged Molly before her wedding and all he could think of was loving her. He's wonderful garbage.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

bitmap posted:

Don't ditch Teodor. He's the mirror in which we see our lousy, bitchy and indolent nature. One time he hugged Molly before her wedding and all he could think of was loving her. He's wonderful garbage.

Just Offscreen posted:

He was always talking directly to you.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Remove Teodor and any context and sometimes poo poo gets weird.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

I disliked the original comic because it was extremely clear they were both talking to me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bitmap posted:

One time he hugged Molly before her wedding and all he could think of was loving her. He's wonderful garbage.

what? no he didn't

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 24, 2016

say tan
Sep 25, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Paging forums user astonishing wang

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
There was never a Teodor. There was only ever Lyle.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Teodor roasting Ray out of nowhere is one of my favorite things, though:

and without Teodor we never would have had this million-dollar line:

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
The color Achewoods make its visual influences so much clearer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

god drat do i love this arc

sure, it's the word equivalent of too much rich suet pudding, but compared to the 2016 era of drink-this-pint-of-sunflower-oil...

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

sure, it's the word equivalent of too much rich suet pudding, but compared to the 2016 era of drink-this-pint-of-sunflower-oil...

achewood is a celebration of the english language, and frequently taken to being entirely prose, so the usual barbs of "you don't need so many words in your comic to tell the joke" don't really apply to it.

and that is the best story about william sonoma writing sapphic erotica in the history of the written word.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

have you ever eaten too much rich suet pudding? it's great

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like me some words.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
This is just sad

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I would pay a handsome sum for a course that taught me how to sleep without products

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I think I pointed this out in this thread several months ago, but Chuck Williams finally turned 100 and then died, I guess because he knew his legacy was secure thanks to Téodor's ineptitude

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Lyle strips where you remove whoever he's talking to are pure gold. He turns from a rad drunk tiger to a loving psychopath drunk tiger who is also rad.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
You know that meme trend where if you take a tweet from Kanye West and put "Liz Lemon" in front of it, he sounds like Tracy Jordan?

The same applies to Ray if you put "Roast Beef" in front of the tweet.

"Roast Beef, I love everybody… only thing I don’t like is taxes.. me and taxes gone fight"

"Beef, Dating models I had to learn to like small dogs and cigarettes."

"Roast Beef, i hate when im on a flight & I wake up with a water bottle next 2 me like oh great now i gotta be responsible for this water bottle."

"Roast Beef! Shut the gently caress up and enjoy the greatness!"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dudes, new comic! :siren: :siren:

And because someone will ask, alt text: Speaking of which, time to hit the vape and catch the bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The fact that Teodor has either been the primary character or the foil for four strips straight is further proof that Onstad still reads the thread.