Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
tom brokaw says hildawg wins :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Jesus. I didn't expect that. loving rekt.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While Trump is obviously a dumb and bad person and Clinton did much better, I have to wonder whether anyone who is still undecided would actually be persuaded by anything remotely resembling facts or reason. The most optimistic view I can take is that maybe a certain portion of undecided voters literally have never seen the candidates speak before this debate and that some of them may have just now realized that Trump is a dumb rear end in a top hat, but I can't imagine this is true for many voters.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Not a knockout?" Are you loving kidding me? I mean yes, his campaign wasn't literally suspended two minutes after it ended.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Riosan posted:

Anderson Cooper is my spirit animal. Check out his interview with Florida AG Pam Bondi.

links son

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bloomberg calling it for Hillary

lol if CNN or whoever tries to pretend that this even remotely resembles a "draw"

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

SHut the gently caress up Brokaw. "Well it's hard to tell...." loving worthless

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hillary is very, very good at clintoning. (it's good)

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
PBS commentators seem to think she won.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CBS is replaying STAH-MI-NAH

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, the B-52 used today is nothing like the B-52 in it's earliest form. The entire thing has basically been rebuilt a dozen times. Just because its an older airframe style doesn't mean it old.

The Russians are basically still using Soviet equipment. I mean, poo poo aren't they still using Mig-29s?

The US is still using F-15s. The airframes today are significantly modernized compared to the 70s-vintage airframes but to be honest there's nothing wrong with fighter jets designed during the 70s. It's not like the laws of physics have changed, slap new electronics on a fresh airframe and it's basically a whole new aircraft.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

That was so good. I think she bungled on police brutality but the overall thrust and her composure was excellent, Trump just looked like an rear end in a top hat. Holt was meh.

Why's that?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Eifert Posting posted:

She killed it.

I don't think so. But Trump committed suicide so it may be to the same effect.

Really interested in seeing post debate polling. Trump is very good at saying nothing and getting approval. He said a lot of nothing.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
When are the first post debate polls released?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ytlaya posted:

While Trump is obviously a dumb and bad person and Clinton did much better, I have to wonder whether anyone who is still undecided would actually be persuaded by anything remotely resembling facts or reason. The most optimistic view I can take is that maybe a certain portion of undecided voters literally have never seen the candidates speak before this debate and that some of them may have just now realized that Trump is a dumb rear end in a top hat, but I can't imagine this is true for many voters.
Remember the years when being an independent who waited a long time to decide between candidates carried the implication that you were smart and informed?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Riosan posted:

Anderson Cooper is my spirit animal. Check out his interview with Florida AG Pam Bondi.

Yeah, if he smells blood or bullshit he latches on.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Wow this Trump surrogate lady can barely even bring herself to try spinning this. he just stepped on his own dick

e: all she can say is "i would have liked to see him better prepared" lmao

Gotta be a long dick if you can step on it, folks. I mean, seriously, nobody has a longer dick than me. I have the best dick. Maybe I have two! Everyone says I have the best dicks.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Boy for a guy with stamina, he looked really tired at the end of the debate and Clinton looked cheery.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well that was an insane victory for Hillary. I don't see how you even attempt to spin that

Easy.

"Hillary too focused on policy minutia, Trump speaks to average American's concerns about jobs and security."

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
https://twitter.com/SuperSpacedad/status/780598420620713985

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm watching the NBC feed, Tom Brokaw said Hillary wasn't tough enough on black on black crime.

gently caress Tom Brokaw.

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
We all lost

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
"she wasn't critical at all of black on black crime."

Oh for gently caress's sake Brokaw.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Brokaw is talking about Black on Black crime. What the gently caress happened to him, did he lose his god drat mind?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
gently caress, donald was just donald. I realized about 1/3 of the way through that hillary wasn;'t debating Donald but was debating the historic Donald, his entire history. It made it more consistent to debate him, in how she could just ignore his latest position to attack his worst past position. Hillary just got a ton of great commercials against Trump with his weird quotes and one liners. Also i really want a trump hurump sound board.

PS: I had to be super drunk when watching, but it went better than I thought. I have to wake up at 4 am tomorrow to drive someone to the airport and I dont really care, loving debate number 1 best debate.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Starsfan posted:

early reaction seems to be that Trump was winning early, then lost it right around the time that the debate turned to race relation and it didn't go well from there.

That's a very charitable view on the early debate. He obviously ran out of patience/focus and canned answers after the first few Qs though.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Lol she's out there talking and working the crowd and trump loving just up and left.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
We really need to direct a drone strike on David Brooks.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So like....are we looking at a reverse Reagan here? Hillary winning in an enormous landslide?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
PBS analysis so far: Hillary didn't make me feel comfortable or explain policy/vision well enough but LOL at Trump.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Halloween Jack posted:

"Not a knockout?" Are you loving kidding me? I mean yes, his campaign wasn't literally suspended two minutes after it ended.

Hillary was on the top rope, but she didn't put the table down before the Power Bomb.

Paul MaudDib posted:

The US is still using F-15s. The airframes today are significantly modernized compared to the 70s-vintage airframes but to be honest there's nothing wrong with fighter jets designed during the 70s. It's not like the laws of physics have changed, slap new electronics on a fresh airframe and it's basically a whole new aircraft.

I read not long ago that Russia was still using Mig-29's that still had the electronics from the early 90s, I guess that it was wrong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He said live in tv she can't be president because she's a woman

Deadly

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Good loving lord. The press corps is an utter loving flaming mess. "Black on black crime" on NBC two minutes out from the debate.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Chris Matthews

"It was a shutout. 5-0 Hillary wins."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That stamina response was really sick. She destroyed him.

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Doctor Butts posted:

Boy for a guy with stamina, he looked really tired at the end of the debate and Clinton looked cheery.

lol if you thought that was really Hillary

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys, the real show is about to begin. The C-SPAN call-ins!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's probably not even gonna pay his coke dealer because the toot didn't work

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

woooooohaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Iron Lung posted:

Lol she's out there talking and working the crowd and trump loving just up and left.

He has his victory show to do

• Locked thread