Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Song of Maybe posted:

"Men are too preoccupied with their swords," said Lord Intra, "They get distracted."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Praise YISUN, a new [thread] page right when it's needed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Registered to banned in 24 hours or less or your :10bux: back!

say tan
Sep 25, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Imagine how hard you have to gently caress up to be permabanned three times in 8 minutes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's like, Aesma level posting.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

reignonyourparade posted:

Aesma's posting, like all the lore she's involved in, is a gift.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poison Mushroom posted:

Imagine how hard you have to gently caress up to be permabanned three times in 8 minutes.

I don't have to imagine, I was "lucky" enough to witness it.

Nothing that impressive sadly. It was just pictures of dicks in as many threads here and in ADTRW and probably other places as possible. The same one picture, too, just pasted a lot.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm kind of surprised at how this turned out and intrigued as to where it might go. Everyone's almost definitely making it out of this alive, but interestingly that includes Nadia; assuming she wasn't just talking nonsense, she's going to survive this too, at least for a while, so rather than disappear after this chapter like it'd been seeming she's going to probably keep being a major player, at least for a while. I'm wondering where this is going to go.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I'm not sure I understand how permabanning works anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

I'm not sure I understand how permabanning works anymore.
They're a previously-permabanned poster trying to ban dodge.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Roland Jones posted:

Anyway, back on topic, I'm kind of surprised at how this turned out and intrigued as to where it might go. Everyone's almost definitely making it out of this alive, but interestingly that includes Nadia; assuming she wasn't just talking nonsense, she's going to survive this too, at least for a while, so rather than disappear after this chapter like it'd been seeming she's going to probably keep being a major player, at least for a while. I'm wondering where this is going to go.

Royalty often have retainers.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No Pun Intended posted:

I apologise to no one

Ha ha! Ship puns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mottom's definitely coming back; in the first place she's still a living god who just needs to go steal a few lifetimes until she figures out something more permanent, in the second place there's no way a solo writer will waste all that character development.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Takin poo poo posting to a new level

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

No Pun Intended posted:

I apologise to no one

:perfect:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

those canted sails always look awesome, junks are the best boats

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

wiegieman posted:

Mottom's definitely coming back; in the first place she's still a living god who just needs to go steal a few lifetimes until she figures out something more permanent, in the second place there's no way a solo writer will waste all that character development.
Plus, there is no way the other Demiurges don't give her poo poo about it.
Gog Agog will detect disturbing salt levels showing no sign of subsiding.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Plus, there is no way the other Demiurges don't give her poo poo about it.
Gog Agog will detect disturbing salt levels showing no sign of subsiding.

And that's of particular concern for the slug demiurge.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 27, 2016

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The sanctioned action is crop.

Seriously, that's amazing.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

never gonna get to finish my fuckin' noodles

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Can we still make a long picture avatar? You buy the lower half first, then put it in img tags right?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Can we still make a long picture avatar? You buy the lower half first, then put it in img tags right?

Yeah, you just have to make sure no animated parts overlap the two avatars, or else they'll desync.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cryophage posted:

Yeah, you just have to make sure no animated parts overlap the two avatars, or else they'll desync.

Really? It looks like img tags don't work in titles anymore, unless they only work for images on the avatar server.

e:Yup, the second one.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 28, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's pretty badass but looks artifacty under dark reader

i'm curious, how difficult is the process of making the light part of artifacting transparent? legitimately curious, not trying to be facetious

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Tollymain posted:

that's pretty badass but looks artifacty under dark reader

i'm curious, how difficult is the process of making the light part of artifacting transparent? legitimately curious, not trying to be facetious

The issue is that gifs only support 1 bit transparency; a pixel is transparent or it isn't. You can't have a nice clean fade into the background like you would hope to.
So instead what you have to do is tell it "this is what the background colour will be, please pretend to fade into it."
In this case, I set the matte to Forums Default Gray and prayed no one would post it to FYAD.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks for the explanation. always cool to learn something new imo, at least until one's mind flares and gutters out under the force of the shape of the universe

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool, I didn't know this had a thread. I randomly decided to re-read and this time force myself to include any of the flavor texts he sometimes puts with pages, then was looking for a Saga thread and noticed this. Which is good because I have a question:

I'm up to the beginning of Chapter 3 but it seems like there are some pages missing. It goes from the chapter 3 title (about the 30th page posted) to 3-36, leading me to believe I'm missing 5 pages. Does anyone know what's up with this and/or where I can read these missing pages?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
No, it follows on from 2-35. I don't know why that part is numbered that way, but you're not missing anything.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

No, it follows on from 2-35. I don't know why that part is numbered that way, but you're not missing anything.

No I'm definitely jumping into the middle of a conversation at 3-36. Oh I think I see, from 2-29 Next Page does link to the beginning of chapter 3, but from there I can follow Previous Page links back through the rest of chapter 2. I think because he stuck a page 2-29.5 in there the website got confused :)

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
New page.

Mottom mostly just seems peeved at this point.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
That response is so perfectly in character for Allison. Wonder what form her dietydom is going to manifest in next page.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think all the running about is doing Mottom a lot of good.

Being so sedentary sessile isn't healthy.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 28, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
She does seem to be resisting Shrinking Grandma Syndrome with her newfound activity, yes

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Benson Cunningham posted:

That response is so perfectly in character for Allison. Wonder what form her dietydom is going to manifest in next page.

Yeah that key is glowing pretty hard in the last panel.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I didn't know we were at Twinrova already.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wiegieman posted:

I didn't know we were at Twinrova already.

Yeah, Abadon sped through the young Allison dungeons in like a dozen panels. The dude could do xGDQ easy if he knew the right people.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I might be wrong. If Allison doesn't magic the gang away in the next panel, I don't see Mottom making it back to her home planet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cryophage posted:

The issue is that gifs only support 1 bit transparency; a pixel is transparent or it isn't. You can't have a nice clean fade into the background like you would hope to.
So instead what you have to do is tell it "this is what the background colour will be, please pretend to fade into it."
In this case, I set the matte to Forums Default Gray and prayed no one would post it to FYAD.

APNGs don't have this limitation, but they don't work on Chrome or Opera without an addon, and they don't work on IE/EDGE at all. (Though "don't work" here merely means "only display the first frame" so it's not necessarily too bad.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bell_ posted:

I might be wrong. If Allison doesn't magic the gang away in the next panel, I don't see Mottom making it back to her home planet.

I suspect we may be gearing up for her to chew Mottom the gently caress out again.