Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Chuck Todd: There was a big loser tonight and it was the American people.

Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy gently caress lol

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Holy poo poo yes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jygallax posted:

I was expecting a calm trump. I was expecting a sedate, bland trump reading out paul ryan policy positions. I got a 70 year old orange man rambling about hotels and acting like a 10 year old with ADHD in the back of a boring class.

The scary thing is that Trump could have actually won if he played this right. He began turning things around mid way through. Then the birther stuff started.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jygallax posted:

I was expecting a calm trump. I was expecting a sedate, bland trump reading out paul ryan policy positions. I got a 70 year old orange man rambling about hotels and acting like a 10 year old with ADHD in the back of a boring class.

Same, though I figured if he lost his poo poo at some point it'd be all downhill from there.

I was more right than I knew.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol this CNN panel just going WTF at this Kayleigh McEnany.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jygallax posted:

That's actually just what nornal people sound like when they're having a regular argument

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

because i hate hilary clinton? i guess hating a politician on the take makes me a stereotype then.

hell id rather have an american interregnum than she take any kind of authority

you're a danger to yourself and others and i'll be glad when you get sent to the reeducation camps

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Zophar posted:

HRC absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt slaughtered this debate, but remember we live in a post-fact society.

1/3 of America watched this debate

won't matter

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Why won't anyone call Sean Hannity :(

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

punk rebel ecks posted:

The scary thing is that Trump could have actually won if he played this right. He began turning things around mid way through. Then Trump was Trump.
Fixed that for you.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

because i hate hilary clinton? i guess hating a politician on the take makes me a stereotype then.

Nah.

You're an objectively stupid person with a platform. At least when it comes to politics. I don't particularly care whether you like Hillary or not or who you vote for, but your posts are enough to give me a first impression.

I particularly enjoyed your derision while admitting you tuned out 10 minutes in, because that's what interested, well-informed people do. I'm sure you then ignored all coverage of it afterwards and turned to your bias of choice in order to form your opinion for you.

Boon fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 27, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

twistedmentat posted:

WOw Trump being really bitchy at the media as he leaves. He just wants to get back to his jet and fly home to his gold plated bed, just like any American.

He got so used to them allowing him to spew his gibberish with impunity that anyone daring to bring in facts looks like the most unfair thing in the world to his ego.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Bad Moon posted:

Lol this CNN panel just going WTF at this Kayleigh McEnany.

it's amazing

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
God, I love that little head shake from that one guy next to the crazy person.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
welp that's over and I know I'm a partisan liberal hack bth I thought she absolutely demolished him. On pretty much every question she came off as prepared and he came off as incoherent and dumb.

Also I thought Lester Holt actually did a really good job, let the candidates talk when it was appropriate and pushed for more details when Trump lied

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Phoenixan posted:

Fixed that for you.

This is also an accurate way to describe what happened.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
On the Bloomberg feed Trump just told a reporter he left out his final attack because Chelsea was there and it was about her father's personal life.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Where can someone who just got off work watch a replay??

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Deadulus posted:

Chuck Todd: There was a big loser tonight and it was the American people.

Ugh

Yeah gently caress that guy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rexicon1 posted:

Why won't anyone call Sean Hannity :(

His hands are busy with the raging erection he got when he was name checked.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

size1one posted:

That was me. The screenshot i just posted was from the very end.

edit: here is the video, look for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/805066939634815/

Quoting for easy recall

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Lester Holt was honestly a bit biased when he wasn't getting steamrolled

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Cthulhumatic posted:

How the gently caress does anyone think Trump won that. With anyone but his most rabid base.

He's very good at conning people so there are probably a lot who think he won.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Holy poo poo Trump on Bloomberg trying to drag her about the Lewinsky thing

Much like Trump's Mexico trip. He had to keep so much hate in to not get killed, he needs to let it all spew out now

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Trump would have won if he said the mean nasty comment he was going to say, but held back because he has good temperament!

(Is this a new entry in the most bizarre phrases ever uttered at a Presidential Debate?)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

The Titanic posted:

This is embarrassing for the whole country.

I can only imagine other countries are watching this stuff in total fear.

As a citizen of two "other countries" and resident of another, some laughter but a reasonable amount of concern, if not fear.

I mean, it's a bit of a tired thing to say, but Hillary's position on geopolitics is hella close to the early-2000s Neocons. It's just that Trump's position is somewhere between full-on batshit insane and obviously not even properly thought out.

So I have very mixed feelings when the Dems are basically winning by becoming more like 2000s-era Republicans, but frankly anything is better than Trump.

(And yes, I laughed when Hillary had to do damage control live in the debate.)

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

how much is nimble gentleman paying you?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Seriously, the best part of this is poo poo like this, I'm gonna die

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
"The polls are saying we did great"

"There aren't any polls yet"

'Well the polls are really good"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheBigAristotle posted:

On the Bloomberg feed Trump just told a reporter he left out his final attack because Chelsea was there and it was about her father's personal life.

He is a very nice dude you see.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also my two favourite moments were the repeated "I HAVE PROPERTY THERE" and "YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET, YOU GET SHOT"

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Boon posted:

When everyone, including the national networks and GOP operatives, seem to disagree, then perhaps that should be cause for reflection?

The same national networks that have predicted Trump's downfall since as early as last summer? And GOP operatives, eh? They sound important. Are these the same ones that successfully defeated him in the primary?

Last I checked people vote in elections, not national networks and GOP operatives.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
you all will enjoy this live broadcast of the keepin' it 1600 folks i think

https://www.facebook.com/ringer/

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

How badly did she win? Republicans on CNN are reading quotes from nobody authors from the International Business Times from years ago for no reason

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Mange Mite posted:

Lester Holt was honestly a bit biased when he wasn't getting steamrolled

"Facts have liberal bias" and all. I don't blame Lester for not letting Trump literally loving lie for an hour and a half.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
The Trump people are trying to do everything they can to make it all about who started it, rather than acknowledge Trump was the Birther in Chief for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah gently caress that guy

It sounded like the other correspondent thought Todd was about to say Trump and was going to jump in too. Then pull back when Todd said the American people. Lol

• Locked thread