Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex

Another doodle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

I went to my parents place today and ended up helping my mom make some little houses for their annual craft fair. This is my tower made from a coffee can, pea gravel, day lilly stems, a pine cone, two acorns, a marble and a glue gun that burned me multiple loving times:

this is a cute house :) I like the acorn light

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Luvcow posted:

I went to my parents place today and ended up helping my mom make some little houses for their annual craft fair. This is my tower made from a coffee can, pea gravel, day lilly stems, a pine cone, two acorns, a marble and a glue gun that burned me multiple loving times:

This is adorable.

FluffieDuckie

i like it

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

the primary-color scheme is lovely

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

this would look really cool framed

RazzleDazzleHour

Luvcow posted:

I've never been into tabletop games or painting miniatures or anything like that but this is awesome and makes me want to design a little tiny village for little tiny adventurers to hang out in before getting slaughtered in a dungeon because I picked skills that weren't helpful how was I supposed to know that AC is basically the most important stat I thought bow users wouldn't need armor

Robot Made of Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm gonna dump some of my art to stop everyone (key phrase: everyone) from looking any worse

Silk screen print of birbs

Monoprints made with block printing ink

I like these arts.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

these are really great

i was trying to get slightly better at digital painting but didn't have a lot of time. The idea is that the colors build up from a dark base coat (on the skin it's washes of pinkish colors over blue).

hi how are you ♥

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

a lady i know is hindu and her household deity is tha big guy Lord Shiva and she commissioned a painting for her shrine

she liked it so much that she paid me more than we had agreed upon :^)

feels p good

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

a lady i know is hindu and her household deity is tha big guy Lord Shiva and she commissioned a painting for her shrine

feels p good

:love: those blues

your style is very cool

FluffieDuckie

Gatekeeper posted:

feels p good

i love the colors :love:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

here are some elves and skeletons

here they are in color

here is the picture i based that off from a year and a half ago

hi how are you ♥

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i found a really terrible painting of camels in the desert in someone's trash the other day but hey, free big ol' honkin canvas!

i was learning about yantras from a buddy and i like em, a cool thingy representing a crazy deity. Ganesh is my main dude, i like his belly and his lil mouse friend and his origin story is better than batman and superman's combined. this is ganesh's yantra only instead of usual Indian hindu colors i tried doin it with the color palette i usually like, silly blues and purps and magennies and nice gentle greens. It's messy bc my hand is damaged from tinnitus(?) and it kept hurtin real bad after a few minutes of expressing myself but i made it as best i could and I'm proud as heck :)

RazzleDazzleHour

It's been a week since anyone took an art dump so I'm gonna CPR this thread with more printmaking

Macnult

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's been a week since anyone took an art dump so I'm gonna CPR this thread with more printmaking

that looks awesome

is printmaking difficult to get into?

RazzleDazzleHour

Macnult posted:

that looks awesome

is printmaking difficult to get into?

It depends! The one I just posted is an etching, which means I used acid to dissolve metal, so obviously that one is really hard to start practicing yourself at home. Honestly, if my university weren't cool and didn't let alumni come back and do work in the studios, I have no idea where I would even work on etchings. Every other kind of printmaking is really easy to try yourself though. The top image here is a wood block carving, and the bottom one is a linoleum block carving. You can buy a perfectly good linoleum carving multitool for like $8 and linoleum for printmaking is dirt cheap. For wood carving, two tools (a big one and a small one for fine details) are pretty much all I use, and you can carve into most kinds of plywood. The most expensive aspect of most paper-based arts is the paper itself, but you can get super good deals if you buy from school suppliers like Dick Blick instead of buying non-bulk you get from stores like Hobby Lobby.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

i found a really terrible painting of camels in the desert in someone's trash the other day but hey, free big ol' honkin canvas!

i was learning about yantras from a buddy and i like em, a cool thingy representing a crazy deity. Ganesh is my main dude, i like his belly and his lil mouse friend and his origin story is better than batman and superman's combined. this is ganesh's yantra only instead of usual Indian hindu colors i tried doin it with the color palette i usually like, silly blues and purps and magennies and nice gentle greens. It's messy bc my hand is damaged from tinnitus(?) and it kept hurtin real bad after a few minutes of expressing myself but i made it as best i could and I'm proud as heck :)

this is really cool and beautiful and once again i love your blues

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

i really like this

but i like these even more, especially the second one

Macnult

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It depends! The one I just posted is an etching, which means I used acid to dissolve metal, so obviously that one is really hard to start practicing yourself at home. Honestly, if my university weren't cool and didn't let alumni come back and do work in the studios, I have no idea where I would even work on etchings. Every other kind of printmaking is really easy to try yourself though. The top image here is a wood block carving, and the bottom one is a linoleum block carving. You can buy a perfectly good linoleum carving multitool for like $8 and linoleum for printmaking is dirt cheap. For wood carving, two tools (a big one and a small one for fine details) are pretty much all I use, and you can carve into most kinds of plywood. The most expensive aspect of most paper-based arts is the paper itself, but you can get super good deals if you buy from school suppliers like Dick Blick instead of buying non-bulk you get from stores like Hobby Lobby.

that's not bad at all. thanks :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Doing a sketch class with some kids and recently been working with them to draw from pictures which gives me the chance to sketch with them albeit i'm sketching upside down from the other side of the table so they can follow along.

Ends up being really fun because the drawings are quick and dirty and usually just in a number 2 pencil so it's kinda like back in school when i'd just draw in my notebooks during classes when the teacher wasn't looking except i'm doing it upside down and never quite sure how accurate it will look once i turn it right side up.

First two are from a bird magazine:

an old man from a nat geo article about blindness:

wolverine from the two or three weeks they wanted to draw from comic books:

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

Doing a sketch class with some kids and recently been working with them to draw from pictures which gives me the chance to sketch with them albeit i'm sketching upside down from the other side of the table so they can follow along.

Ends up being really fun because the drawings are quick and dirty and usually just in a number 2 pencil so it's kinda like back in school when i'd just draw in my notebooks during classes when the teacher wasn't looking except i'm doing it upside down and never quite sure how accurate it will look once i turn it right side up.

First two are from a bird magazine:

an old man from a nat geo article about blindness:

wolverine from the two or three weeks they wanted to draw from comic books:

these are all really good i love the 2nd bird sketch

Salmiakki

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

i loooove this

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Just caught up on this thread

Everyone is amazing

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN : I would never get bored of your drawings no matter the subject and hope you keep posting them

Really hoping you do the big Bird idea

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

these are really great, although that hummingbird looks like she's not having any of my poo poo

do you ever have your students deliberately draw stuff upside down? that's a technique I vaguely recall for people getting into art, a quick google suggests it came from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, which doesn't surprise me

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

these are really great, although that hummingbird looks like she's not having any of my poo poo

do you ever have your students deliberately draw stuff upside down? that's a technique I vaguely recall for people getting into art, a quick google suggests it came from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, which doesn't surprise me

i haven't with these guys yet but i have with others in the past. i left my job in june and these are my only two students right now, they're still just working on moving from sketching whats in their head to actually studying still life and photos to work on proper proportions, light and shadow and framing. they are really talented kids though so it's definitely a possibility in the future to do with them. i'm just fine it fun to go back to quick sketches because i've mainly been painting for the last few years.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
a character i painted for concept art for a friend's book idea:

RazzleDazzleHour

Manifisto posted:

I actually do that with my students, but it's not necessarily a "right side of the brain" thing. Generally, I do it when we're working on shading and value. You give them a picture that, when flipped upside-down, is hard to tell what it is so they don't spend a ton of time trying to work on their drawing or drawing shapes, but instead they're trying to imitate the values and value transitions. This is useful because kids absolutely cannot do a quick, rough sketch to save their lives. I always tell them they should be spending like five or ten minutes on sketches and it always ends up taking 45+ minutes, but then for the sketches of the upside-down thing they can't identify, ten minutes in they says "eh gently caress it close enough" which is exactly what I'm looking for, so it works really well.

social vegan

Luvcow posted:

this is awesome!

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

this is awesome!

it really is, I hope that book gets off the ground

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

it really is, I hope that book gets off the ground

Not with that picture, which is why i felt safe posting it :(

Because kids aren't supposed to use iPads/Electronic devices before bed they wanted to scrap that idea, kinda crushed my motivation on that one.

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

Because kids aren't supposed to use iPads/Electronic devices before bed they wanted to scrap that idea, kinda crushed my motivation on that one.

old farts don't understand the magic of f.lux

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

:glomp: it's a real good picture luvcow

Gatekeeper

Luvcow posted:

awww super good and cute, I love it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I made astronaut Samus Aran

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

this is really cool

Macnult

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I like this a lot

Macnult

I took a break from typing a paper tonight and doodled with some ink that was gifted to me

Gatekeeper

🐘 made out of ॐ

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

I took a break from typing a paper tonight and doodled with some ink that was gifted to me

i really like this style. my grandparents had a good friend who was an artist and did work like this and it gets me nostalgic.
edit:

the only picture i still have of my grandparents pen and ink artist friend's:

Gatekeeper posted:

🐘 made out of ॐ

i dig this too but i miss your blues

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2

Bush did 911
I've been working on a comic idea, that's more a learning exercise than anything else. I've got about 6 pages written and I'm aiming for around 10 total, and starting to mess around with character concepts. I haven't really drawn in a long time, so I'm having to relearn a lot of stuff that used to be second nature.

This first guy is nobody, but I'm going to recycle parts of him into another character:

This fella is one of the main character's that I've been calling Slug the Strong and Many:

• Locked thread