Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"That iCloud space for a dollar a month is a goddamn ripoff you guys!"

*spends 6 hours syncing apps and music over a wire*

"Ahhh, this is the life, wait a minute, iTunes is... BAD!?! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LmaoTheKid posted:

"That iCloud space for a dollar a month is a goddamn ripoff you guys!"

*spends 6 hours syncing apps and music over a wire*

"Ahhh, this is the life, wait a minute, iTunes is... BAD!?! "

Man I got a terabyte of cloud space the thought of paying for more just feel wrong.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

So restore your iCloud backup and use Apple Music/spotify as you need it.

I can lose my phone and be up and running in about 20 minutes.

I don't think I've touched iTunes since iOS5 or 6.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

This guy gets it.

It took me like 20 min to swap from my 6s+ to my 7+

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's Microsoft OneDrive space, Apple graciously gives me 5gb of space for spending $2000 on their products. I got a Terabyte of space from Microsoft for buying a four year student office subscription for $60.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

It's Microsoft OneDrive space, Apple graciously gives me 5gb of space for spending $2000 on their products. I got a Terabyte of space from Microsoft for buying a four year student office subscription for $60.

It's a dollar a month. Pay it or stop complaining about iTunes being poo poo. Goddamn. Buy one less thing off the dollar menus or one less bad steam game a month.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Also loving LOL @ calling iTunes "flagship software"

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also loving LOL @ calling iTunes "flagship software"

Can you think of something else that would qualify?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Can you think of something else that would qualify?
iOS?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

That's an OS. You run your software on the drat OS.

For example yeah Windows is Microsoft's flagship "product" but I'd say Office is their main software they pimp.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
iCloud is part of iOS and it rules.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

An operating system is not software. You heard it here first, folks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

As soon as we got the App/Music store on devices, iTunes was depreciated. It hasn't been flagship since the non-wifi iPods were a thing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

An operating system is not software. You heard it here first, folks.
Non-OS software there you happy, I almost wrote that in the post but I figured you might not be retarded.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

Non-OS software there you happy, I almost wrote that in the post but I figured you might not be retarded.

Someone post the moving goalposts gif. I'm on my phone.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Watch out, kettle

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

LmaoTheKid posted:

Someone post the moving goalposts gif. I'm on my phone.

No I actually considered adding that in but figured it'd be excessive, because the OS is what you install to run all your software.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To be fair Apple should either fix the iTunes software or delete it completely. Just pick something instead of pretending like people still have a choice.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

xzzy posted:

To be fair Apple should either fix the iTunes software or delete it completely. Just pick something instead of pretending like people still have a choice.

Oh look a sane person.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not really, I was the last one to get poo poo on for trying to talk about using iTunes when it was brought up. No one here is sane.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

xzzy posted:

Not really, I was the last one to get poo poo on for trying to talk about using iTunes when it was brought up. No one here is sane.

Don't you music janitor your phone? Seems rather insane to me XD

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone who paid :10bux: to talk on the internet is insane, you ain't doing much better.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am using itunes on Mac OS instead of windows and I know that itunes on windows is rougher but it still is just really easy, and I'm a manual music manager, and I don't know how people have trouble who have been using computers for 20 years, I can't believe the gap between Windows and Mac itunes is that large (and well, I use both, and it isn't, I just only sync from my mac).

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

This conversation is dumb as hell and I just got from a thread wherein every got into an argument over water.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

This conversation is dumb as hell and I just got from a thread wherein every got into an argument over water.

Yeah, your incessant shipping whining was right up there so maybe back off a bit?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I rather have shipping talk in a different thread for shipping talk than people bickering about iCloud and iTunes.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Rick posted:

I am using itunes on Mac OS instead of windows and I know that itunes on windows is rougher but it still is just really easy, and I'm a manual music manager, and I don't know how people have trouble who have been using computers for 20 years, I can't believe the gap between Windows and Mac itunes is that large (and well, I use both, and it isn't, I just only sync from my mac).

Look at my regdate, I've been a nerd for ages just like you, itunes on Windows is just garbage software that literally doesn't do what you tell it to.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

wtf happened here

checking in: i didn't buy a 7, my 6s is working fine. i updated iOS at work over wifi and there were no problems. i enjoy my leather case, and my alarms fire on time, every time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pivo posted:

wtf happened here

checking in: i didn't buy a 7, my 6s is working fine. i updated iOS at work over wifi and there were no problems. i enjoy my leather case, and my alarms fire on time, every time.

Fully same op, 6s supremacy.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The latest iTunes update is bad. I like to manually manage my music and there doesn't seem to be a way to actually just move a single album to my 7. Instead, I can either choose to move all of that artist's albums over that I have or...hold Shift and select a batch of songs to move over. Seems really unintuitive.

iTunes is bad, but I guess I don't care that much.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
When I manually managed the music on my phone I just created a playlist and synced that one thing to the phone. That way I could manage it when the phone wasn't plugged in and when I synced it was very straightforward.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pivo posted:

i enjoy my leather case
Which colour though? Saddle Brown Trump or Black Lives Matter Hilary?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Housh posted:

Which colour though? Saddle Brown Trump or Black Lives Matter Hilary?

I went for Never Gonna See It Bernie.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bernie is scratched up Jet Black move to Oregon.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
6S, saddle brown, $.99 iCloud subscription (x2, my wife has one with her 7!) checking in.

No water apps though. But have one to remember to check my prostate though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

After that debate, Trump is Code(red)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Look at my regdate, I've been a nerd for ages just like you, itunes on Windows is just garbage software that literally doesn't do what you tell it to.

Yeah, iTunes sucks. This isn't news. Is your time really worth so little that you're willing to gently caress around for god knows how long with some garbage software rather than pay $1 a month for it to be handled automatically?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bum the Sad posted:

Great my 7+ is now hissing.

I just went to download some music on my 7 and put the back to my ear out of curiosity and heard the whine. I don't know if it's a big deal or not.

I'm still not sure if I want to try and swap up to a 7+ for the extra battery life and camera. Even if I did, stock aside, is it a pain in the rear end to switch models you paid for with IUP? I assume you just pay a difference if there is any. I still like the 6/7 size overall and every time I pick up a plus it still seems kind of obnoxious and I don't know if I'd get used to it.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Just found an annoying bug relating to iTunes Match:

Download songs from your iCloud Music Library, some of which were matched, some bought on iTunes. Everything shows up fine in Downloaded Music. Go to Settings - Music and disable iCloud Music Library. This puts up a warning "This will remove all iTunes Match songs from this device, except for songs you've downloaded." Result: only songs purchased in iTunes and downloaded show up in music.app, all downloaded Matched songs no longer appear in Downloaded Music, but still show as being present on the device in Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Manage Storage. Additionally, re-enabling iCloud Music Library in Settings - Music does not restore the missing tracks to Downloaded Music, and downloading them again downloads additional copies to the device.

I like to not stream most of the time (no wifi at work, and do most of my listening through the head unit in my car), and just used the "show only downloaded music" toggle in iOS 9 to avoid pulling tons of poo poo I didn't want from my iCloud library when I dropped my phone in my car holder and let it shuffle. Now apparently the only way to do that is to put it in and then futz around with music.app to make sure it's in the Downloaded Music section, which is like 5 extra steps than I used to have to take. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, this Apple Store leather case looks and feels nice. But hot drat it's slippery. There a better case that has more grip? I'm not trying to break my screen.