Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Griz
May 21, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't really understand why you would play this game instead of any other MMO and then not be a cat

something like half the NA playerbase is a catgirl, a catgirl who fantasia'd to au ra, or a potato

why would you pick one of those when you could be at least twice as tall with a muscle slider and almost never running into someone who looks exactly the same as you?

Griz fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Griz posted:

something like half the NA playerbase is a catgirl, a catgirl who fantasia'd to au ra, or a potato

I idenfity as a proud potato turned not proud female midlander turned opposite gender potato because the male hairstyles are great turned dragon kpop star, thank you.

There are lots of good choices. Midlander hyur is not one of them. It lasted like 3 hours before I couldn't take it anymore.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Fister Roboto posted:

If it doesn't have a muscle tone slider, you are wrong.

But also pick Roegadame because they're the best.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Basically, you can't go wrong if you pick a potato or dragon girl.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Try catboi

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shame about the dermatitis.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

reminder that tataru is the shining exemplar of potatoes everywhere

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shame about the dermatitis.

It's not dermatitis, that'd be an inflammation or swelling.

It's Scleroderma

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Griz posted:

why would you pick one of those when you could be at least twice as tall with a muscle slider and almost never running into someone who looks exactly the same as you?

Being tall sucks (in video games), sorry.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

But a just so you know seriouspost, Kingtheninja, race choice (and the other creation stuff) is 99.99% meaningless statistic / gameplay wise, and the only times it does matter are really loving weird edge cases like some lalafell BLMs getting one extra cast of Fire IV per cycle with one less Piety materia or something

So pick whatever the hell suits your anime fancy potato

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Lalafells aren't called potatoes because they look like them, they're called potatoes because it's impossible to be wrong if you pick potatoes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ciaphas posted:

reminder that tataru is the shining exemplar of potatoes everywhere

It's always Tataru who makes me consider going tater yet again

Though at this point I'm pretty committed to dragon-princess

-

Also, man, I was expecting the patch to be up by now. It won't take that long to download, but I was looking forward to getting it out of the way well before the game went back up. Hopefully the patch data will be up in a few hours.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's a housing patch, its not going live before the scheduled end of maintenance.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Lalafells aren't called potatoes because they look like them, they're called potatoes because it's impossible to be wrong if you pick potatoes.

They're also called potatoes because seemingly literally everything loves to chow down on the poor fuckers :(

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Be truly unique in Eorzea and be a Male Midlander!

Verranicus posted:

To be fair WoW and it's one content patch per expansion system is objectively bad.

Yep. I think I hopped off of WoW and back into FFXIV proper sometime between 2.4 and 2.5. I saw they added Shiva and that the Cloud of Darkness was going to be a boss. When I dug back and saw everything they had added since I dropped out of the game before 2.1 hit, I was flabbergasted. Three dungeons each patch, four new primals (well, Good King Moggle Mog was rehashed from old FFXIV but it was new to me) complete with a unique buttrock theme, two 24 man raids, a whole freakin' optional comedy questline with trial encounters against Ultros and Gilgamesh, the Gold Saucer and a class/job not tied to an expansion.

There's a boatload of crap I'm glossing over, I'm sure, but it was astounding how much FFXIV put into their game compared to World of Warcraft in the same timeframe, which just ended the year long Siege of Orgrimmar with Warlords of Draenor. I didn't even hate Warlords of Draenor; the questing to 100 was actually a huge step up for Blizzard and I REALLY enjoyed the questline with the bird people! It's a crying shame the endgame was so anemic, which is to say nothing about the wet fart they announced with 6.1's twitter integration and the "we didn't finish it on time for launch" raid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If I fantasia into being a dude can I trade in all my old Ladies Only even gear for their equivalent dude gear? Because I really want that Snow coat if I go dude.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Calamity salvager lets you buy event gear from either sex if you did the event.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

be a dragon girl/boy, embrace your inner kpop star/goku

If they'd skewed the sexual dimorphism the other way on Au Ra, made the boys dainty and the women lanky/tall as gently caress maybe Au Ra would be a less trash race.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

If they'd skewed the sexual dimorphism the other way on Au Ra, made the boys dainty and the women lanky/tall as gently caress maybe Au Ra would be a less trash race.

that's what viera are gonna be

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

If only ffxiv catgirls and dragongirls were like elder scrolls online catgirls and dragongirls race choice could be fun. xiv is a choice between a human with normal ears and a human with anime ears.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Male Au Ra run cycle just looks doofy as all hell imo

I was bored and going through my image folder and ahaha

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shy posted:

xiv is a choice between a human with normal ears and a human with anime ears.

I know, it's great

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ciaphas posted:

They're also called potatoes because seemingly literally everything loves to chow down on the poor fuckers :(

Seriously, the quest descriptions get a little :stare: about this sometimes. You have to wonder why lalafells dare venture out of Limsa or Ul'dah these days, or how the dickens the La Noscean ones survived all those years between the fall of Nym and the Sea Wolves establishing Limsa.

Also, Ninja, lemme repost some dragongirl and potato pics to help you get a feel for how each can look:

potato:

dragongirl:

Honestly, I should get a couple of new glamour shots, there's at least one 3.3 outfit that looks great on au ra. Perhaps after getting some 3.4 stuff.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Shy posted:

If only ffxiv catgirls and dragongirls were like elder scrolls online catgirls and dragongirls race choice could be fun. xiv is a choice between a human with normal ears and a human with anime ears.

"Anime is bad, what this game needs is furries!"

:cheeky:

I do hope the next race is more interesting. I won't be playing one if it's something weird or just flipped dimorphism but it would be nice for the people who want that to have the option.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd play a Tactics Moogle race or Tonberries.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Male Au Ra run cycle just looks doofy as all hell imo
Male Au Ra, look doofy, period. They shoulda made dragonboys just as cute and effete as the girls IMO, its hard to make a bishie looking guy, closet you get is hyur midlander and they still look too hard edged.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Male Au Ra, look doofy, period. They shoulda made dragonboys just as cute and effete as the girls IMO, its hard to make a bishie looking guy, closet you get is hyur midlander and they still look too hard edged.

Elezen men

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Highlady pride worldwide

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Elezen men

in game screenshot of a male elezen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Elezen men
Somehow I forgot elves were even a thing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gently caress yeah low hanging fruit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Highladies are pretty rad though, for real

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
My uncle at SEGA says they're adding Seeq in the next expansion.

In the meantime, play talls or smalls, nothing in between.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw no one ever talks about cute midlander girls

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Somehow I forgot elves were even a thing.

Pretty sure they're the games answer to pretty men

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Cat boys? I played one since I started but I got tired of their lack of interesting hairstyles. Although I would like a younger male character like Alphinaud too :v:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So are apartments for rich people only?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

in game screenshot of a male elezen

Kawaii female elezen

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So are apartments for rich people only?

No, it's only 500k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is it time to post all my highlander stuff? well ok, I've got every style covered because I'm the terrible god princess king of glamours and also the prettiest and really should start a fashion tumblr or something some time

• Locked thread