Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bug Bill Murray posted:

LaGuardia being a shithole was probably the most intelligent thing Trump said during the entire debate

Where does his jet fly in and out of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I may have fudged a little on recapping them, my apologies. Also the polling is weighted more democratic.

National polls should be, there are more registered democrats.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I can't believe Hillary smiling a lot is a legitimate, valid strategy. It looks weird to me but apparently she has to do it or people will think she's a grump. What an insane world.

Women are supposed to be cordial, friendly, quiet, and submissive.

edit: also if you want a fun game, go into one of the Trump Reddit threads and guess a number, then ctrl+f to see if your number is close to the number of times "cuck" shows up

Colapops fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 27, 2016

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheMadMilkman posted:

LAX is a poorly designed poo poo heap, especially if you are unfortunate enough to be switching airlines there.

LAX is super bad. I used to hate O'Hare the most but then I flew LAX to SFO for a few years and hate both of them much more.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Been to Vegas airport, John Wayne, Bellingham and Phoenix airport. They were all fine. Not as nice as Mazatlan Mexico,they had their own stop lights there to help with frisking, but what can you do?

Purgatory Glory fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 27, 2016

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump doesn't need notes. All the notes are inside his brain, which is the best brain, and those notes are composed of the best words, which he has. Lots of people say he has a great brain with great words.

Also, making GBS threads yourself on live television doesn't really require prepared notes at all. I believe most of the effort is actually involuntary.

I was worried months and months ago that Hillary was going to be the one melting down and getting flustered, because all Trump would have to do was goad her by not taking anything seriously and just throwing veiled insults in every so often, and throw off her wonk flow.

I was pretty superbly wrong on that point. i don't think at the time i had any idea just how MUCH of an insulated child Trump is and how he really just isn't used to being confronted or defending himself in any kind of conversation. If he can't shout over everyone and then stomp out of the room and let some assistants handle the decorum, he's pretty lost.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bip Roberts posted:

Where does his jet fly in and out of?

:nws:Looks like this one, maybe:nws:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Colapops posted:

Women are supposed to be cordial, friendly, quiet, and submissive.

edit: also if you want a fun game, go into one of the Trump Reddit threads and guess a number, then ctrl+f to see if your number is close to the number of times "cuck" shows up
he only needs 270 cucks to win the election

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vegetable posted:

I can't believe Hillary smiling a lot is a legitimate, valid strategy. It looks weird to me but apparently she has to do it or people will think she's a grump. What an insane world.

it's a general sexism thing.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I only caught the last 30 minutes of the debate because I had a meeting, but from what I heard, Hillary thoroughly stomped him in that time period.

When Trump was talking about Sean Hannity and the whole China should take on North Korea he came across as an imbecile who didn't know what he was talking about. Also Hillary's last barb about women was such a powerful ending statement.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

thegoonofaudio posted:

This might be dumb but anyone kinda worried about the alt-right vote rigging being taken as fact?

Nobody gives a gently caress about online polls from dying media outlets, so, no

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
"Excuse me, Mr. Trump. This is Mrs. Clinton's 2 minutes" twice within one minute loving ahaha

He comes off as a guy who was admonished not to act like this by his entire campaign staff, and tried real hard for about 8 minutes before going "gently caress it."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bip Roberts posted:

LAX is super bad. I used to hate O'Hare the most but then I flew LAX to SFO for a few years and hate both of them much more.

The O'Hare airport itself isn't that bad, it's the outlying areas, including Rosemont, that's this labyrinthine nightmare.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 27, 2016

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I spent an exhausting 12 hours waiting in LAX this last week, and then flew to O'hare, then to Bradley.

LAX was tolerable because i spent it all inside the Delta Club (which is a grotty little club as far as others may go, but quiet and far better than the terminal). O'hare was OK. Bradley, eh. I guess I fly so much and just keep my head down and try to get to my plane that I don't really notice if one airport is awesomer than another, although I do notice that LaGuardia is groooooss.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

repeating posted:

"Excuse me, Mr. Trump. This is Mrs. Clinton's 2 minutes" twice within one minute loving ahaha

He comes off as a guy who was admonished not to act like this by his entire campaign staff, and tried real hard for about 8 minutes before going "gently caress it."

"But guys, WHY can't I interrupt her? You telling me I have to let an old-rear end woman who isn't even an 8 talk INSTEAD of me? Does anyone want to hear that? They want to hear ME. I'm the new talent in town, she's old hat. REALLY REALLY old hat."

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

PotatoManJack posted:

I only caught the last 30 minutes of the debate because I had a meeting, but from what I heard, Hillary thoroughly stomped him in that time period.

When Trump was talking about Sean Hannity and the whole China should take on North Korea he came across as an imbecile who didn't know what he was talking about. Also Hillary's last barb about women was such a powerful ending statement.

The China remarks and his inability to spin his blatantly self serving tax proposal should hopefully jar a nation awake at just how cancerous his presidency could be globally and nationally.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheMadMilkman posted:

LAX is a poorly designed poo poo heap, especially if you are unfortunate enough to be switching airlines there.
Part of me wonders if it was built for an era when you could leisurely wait for your connecting flight and hop on a quaint trolley to take you to Terminal 6 from Terminal 2. Then part of me wonders how the gently caress you design a modern air travel hub to accommodate all the traffic but do so in a way that makes travel to and from gates easy.

Purgatory Glory posted:

Been to Vegas airport, John Wayne, Bellingham and Phoenix airport. They were all fine. Not as nice as Mazatlan Mexico,they had their own stop lights there to help with frisking, but what can you do?
The airport in Morelia, Mich. has that. I think it's supposed to give you a seemingly randomized Chance every time you press the button. I'm sure there's a guy behind some surveillance center hitting the Yay or Frisk switch, though.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

twistedmentat posted:

I read not long ago that Russia was still using Mig-29's that still had the electronics from the early 90s, I guess that it was wrong.

MiG-29s are roughly the Russian equivalent of the F-16 (cheap, short range, agile, multi-role), and they were introduced several years later. The Su-27 is the closest thing to a Russian F-15 equivalent (air superiority fighter), and is also younger.

They both have a ton of different versions that are still being produced and developed.

Now if you want something real old, you look at the Tu-95 Bears, they're about as old as the B-52s they're the rough equivalent of.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I was worried months and months ago that Hillary was going to be the one melting down and getting flustered, because all Trump would have to do was goad her by not taking anything seriously and just throwing veiled insults in every so often, and throw off her wonk flow.

Hillary has had insults thrown at her constantly everyday since the 90's. There is litterally nothing Trump can say to her that she hasn't heard before. There is no one in this country more prepared to deal with his bullshit than her, and tonight she proved that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

OldTennisCourt posted:

So like....are we looking at a reverse Reagan here? Hillary winning in an enormous landslide?

I don't think she's ever getting back up to the lead she had when Trump was actively insulting the Khans but if all the debates go this badly for Trump who the hell knows.

I want it to be Friday so I can have polls with full post-debate impact.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Also, making GBS threads yourself on live television doesn't really require prepared notes at all. I believe most of the effort is actually involuntary.

I was pretty superbly wrong on that point. i don't think at the time i had any idea just how MUCH of an insulated child Trump is and how he really just isn't used to being confronted or defending himself in any kind of conversation. If he can't shout over everyone and then stomp out of the room and let some assistants handle the decorum, he's pretty lost.

I am increasingly convinced that Owen Ellickson is, in fact, plugged into both campaigns.

HILLARY: Who am I [trial]-debating today?
MOOK: An airhorn.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FilthyImp posted:

Part of me wonders if it was built for an era when you could leisurely wait for your connecting flight and hop on a quaint trolley to take you to Terminal 6 from Terminal 2. Then part of me wonders how the gently caress you design a modern air travel hub to accommodate all the traffic but do so in a way that makes travel to and from gates easy.

The airport in Morelia, Mich. has that. I think it's supposed to give you a seemingly randomized Chance every time you press the button. I'm sure there's a guy behind some surveillance center hitting the Yay or Frisk switch, though.

They're modernizing LAX and improving it, but it is an old rear end airport. If you're going to LA, you should really fly to burbank if possible. Its literally the best airport on earth (unless your flight is delayed).

Also, maybe we should raise taxes to help improve our infrastructure? Nah, gotta trickle that piss down

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

They're modernizing LAX and improving it, but it is an old rear end airport. If you're going to LA, you should really fly to burbank if possible. Its literally the best airport on earth (unless your flight is delayed)

Long Beach is pretty decent too but it's only good for the direct flight to Boston.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Egbert Souse posted:

I was shocked by how nice Hartsfield was when I went through last year.

Orlando International was a dump, though.

Atlanta has the busiest airport in the world and even shitheads like Governor Deal know that it's a massively vital thing to have be as good as possible. One of the things I miss about living in Atlanta anymore is I could take the MARTA right to the airport and fly direct to pretty much anywhere in North America and many places in Europe.

Plus Delta is based there and you'd better believe they aren't going to tolerate their hub being anything less than stellar.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one who heard Trump say, in response to Clinton's jab at him paying zero federal income tax, that "it would have been squandered anyway," basically admitting that he pays zero income tax (which is not that shocking)?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

vanisher posted:

Am I the only one who heard Trump say, in response to Clinton's jab at him paying zero federal income tax, that "it would have been squandered anyway," basically admitting that he pays zero income tax (which is not that shocking)?

And he also said "that means I'm smart" regarding not paying taxes.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

vanisher posted:

There was also

quote:

CLINTON: [Trump's taxes from the few years he has released] showed he didn't pay any federal income tax.

TRUMP: That makes me smart.

So yeah, with barely any prompting, Hillary got Trump to admit, live on TV, to an audience of perhaps over 100million people, that he doesn't pay federal income tax. This should be huge.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

vanisher posted:

That and he pretty much admitted he was a racist, and wasn't sorry about calling Rosie O'Donnel a dog.

Knowing his base though, denial would've actually been the bad move.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

But why won't anyone call sean hannity and see what he thinks?

Why won' t they call him? Why?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Vegetable posted:

It seems to be working out because she comes across with a 'can you believe this guy' smugness that really frames trump as the dope he is.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Clinton got hit pretty hard on her TPP support/denial, and she bungled her response to the Iran deal ("weeks away from a bomb" and all that), but other than that she loving dunked on Trump, especially her response to the e mails "scandal". I also think she could have done better on the whole Lybia/ISIS thing but her giving a shout out to the kurds and our Muslim allies made up for it.

All in all I think if you watch this debate it's obvious that Trump has no loving clue what he's talking about. Unfortunately I don't think that that will hurt him.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spacedad posted:

It seems to be working out because she comes across with a 'can you believe this guy' smugness that really frames trump as the dope he is.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If Hillary did that they'd call her unpresidential

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd do anything to see a Biden/Trump debate.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Vegetable posted:

If Hillary did that they'd call her unpresidential

If Hillary smiles the wrong way she's unpresidential. I don't ever want to hear the word presidential again after this loving election, it's lost all of its meaning.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's embarassing to see grown men cry on television.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Concordat posted:

MiG-29s are roughly the Russian equivalent of the F-16 (cheap, short range, agile, multi-role), and they were introduced several years later. The Su-27 is the closest thing to a Russian F-15 equivalent (air superiority fighter), and is also younger.

They both have a ton of different versions that are still being produced and developed.

Now if you want something real old, you look at the Tu-95 Bears, they're about as old as the B-52s they're the rough equivalent of.

Yep. They both came out the same year, 1952, and are still in service. But...

The Tu-95 is a prop plane based of the Russian's infamous copy of the B-29, where they even replicated the bullet holes in the deck because they never saw one until one crash-landed near the end of WW2. It's also smaller, it's ordnance load is less than half that of the B-52.

For an even more lopsided comparison, there are more B-2 stealth bombers, the last heavy strategic bomber in American active service (about 20), than there are of the last Russian strategic bomber, Tu-160 Blackjack, with 16 total airframes in Russian service but fewer that are still airworthy. And the Blackjack is simply a Soviet-era copy of the American B-1 bomber, which 62 are in active duty service.

tl;dr Russia's bombers are a generation behind and less quantity than comparable American strategic aircraft.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SeANMcBAY posted:

God help me but this was one of my first thoughts after I saw the 'Hahah wow' moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Watched some of this and got an actual, real headache whenever he opened his mouth. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

• Locked thread