Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Still out, still lovin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nothing to bitch about at school in Dam Neck. We had a rain day on wensday and they sent us home in the first 10 minutes of class on Friday.

I mean I guess they should have told us to go home before arriving at the base but whatever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The best thing about being out is I have not been approached to do something unrelated to my job since I got here. 10/10 would separate at EAOS again.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

DustyNuts posted:

No posts in the Navy thread for 6 days. Everyone got out.

Got an air wing going on. I'm too busy being unimpressed by naval aviation.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I had a dream last night that I was the underway OOD for a brand new watch team. I get the feeling that, that dream was driven by my current experiences in grad school and a new project team with whom I'm working.

By the way, once you've completed one or multiple deployments, it doesn't matter how tough your civilian schedule gets because it'll never be as tiring as an unqualified person underway on deployment.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Boon posted:

I had a dream last night that I was the underway OOD for a brand new watch team. I get the feeling that, that dream was driven by my current experiences in grad school and a new project team with whom I'm working.

By the way, once you've completed one or multiple deployments, it doesn't matter how tough your civilian schedule gets because it'll never be as tiring as an unqualified person underway on deployment.

Student teaching was worse for me. My assigned teacher was as bad as any SWO and there weren't any other nonquals around to drink and bitch with.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol can't wait to get out gently caress the Navy

*re-enlists for 4 years*

I don't know if that was directed at me or not but there are legit reasons to stay in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

I don't know if that was directed at me or not but there are legit reasons to stay in.

Such as:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vulturesrow posted:

Yeah like when Big Navy traps yo rear end by convincing you to marry that girlfriend you aren't really sure about in order to get some sweet, sweet BAH and then she gets "accidentally" pregnant. loving tag team off the ropes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah like when Big Navy traps yo rear end by convincing you to marry that girlfriend you aren't really sure about in order to get some sweet, sweet BAH and then she gets "accidentally" pregnant. loving tag team off the ropes

Single mom sailors get pretty sweet bah. Why marry?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

vulturesrow posted:

more towards all the dummies I know that do that

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I'm an officer, I get to fly, my first chance to get out I was past halfway, etc. In other words my life in the Navy is pretty chill honestly. I am ready to be done but obviously it would be stupid to get out so close to retirement.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

vulturesrow posted:

Don't I wish. Actually I'm about to get underway on a big gray thing for the first time since I last deployed (at sea) in 08, not counting a brief stint on an amphib.

If you're coming to my boat hook me up with them sweet wardroom waffles.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

What boat?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

DustyNuts posted:

No posts in the Navy thread for 6 days. Everyone got out.

Too busy cramming for the ASTB, figuring out which wingy bits make the airplane fly.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Single mom sailors get pretty sweet bah. Why marry?

if you marry a sailor youre probably one of these sad sack lifers tbf so smdftb

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GW

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Got a couple of classmates on the bush.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Got a couple of classmates on the bush.

That's normal for A school. :quagmire:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Boon posted:

I graduated a long, long time ago, but still have monthly dreams I'm back at Annapolis. Most dreams they try to convince me to leave my civilian job for half the pay and rejoin.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Its not worth your sanity

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sadly I will not be on that boat so you'll have to get someone else to smuggle you waffles.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

vulturesrow posted:

Sadly I will not be on that boat so you'll have to get someone else to smuggle you waffles.

Nobles still letting me down.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I graduated a long, long time ago, but still have monthly dreams I'm back at Annapolis. Most dreams they try to convince me to leave my civilian job for half the pay and rejoin.

Me but I haven't put out the newspapers and chow calls are already going off and I don't know what's for breakfast

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My son just got word that he's going to be assigned to to Bangor in Washington. He's IT. Anyone have any impressions?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

My son just got word that he's going to be assigned to to Bangor in Washington. He's IT. Anyone have any impressions?

Lovely location. If you ever visit stop by for coffee.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Bangor is loving great, youre less than an hour from Pikes Place market and downtown Seattle via ferry, and if you like outdoorsy poo poo, you are right in the middle of beautiful forests and mountains. Bangor is a pretty good and chill place. Tell him to stay away from any shops with a green cross sign (dispensaries), theyre straight up off limits and he will get piss tested, often.

Have him send you spices and stuff from Pikes Place market, a lot of the stuff you find for sale there you cant find elsewhere.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone I know that went there just sat in their room all day drinking and complaining about it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm getting the same from Virginia Beach. Meanwhile I've visited like 50 national historic sites and stuffed my face at a ton of great restaurants from NYC to Charlotte.

Young sailors are dumb.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm getting the same from Virginia Beach. Meanwhile I've visited like 50 national historic sites and stuffed my face at a ton of great restaurants from NYC to Charlotte.

Young sailors are dumb.

Still, gently caress Virginia Beach.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Anyone I know that went there just sat in their room all day drinking and complaining about it

Young sailors are dumb as gently caress tbh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Who decided an airbase needed to be in a swamp?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Who decided an airbase needed to be in a swamp?

Who decided a house needed to be in a swamp?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poo poo that never fails to make me smile.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Young sailors are dumb as gently caress tbh.

nothing irks me more than dudes who went to Spain or Italy and just stayed on base the whole time

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

nothing irks me more than dudes who went to Spain or Italy and just stayed on base the whole time

"SICILY SUCKED rear end THERE'S NOTHING THERE"

*Could've literally taken leave for a few weeks and backpacked all over Europe for the cost of all the boozing they did at the barracks*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

god Naples is so ghetto gently caress this place I'm staying on base

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Got picked up Friday for FTS. So :toot: for me I guess. I'm just going to get through the years I have left to retirement and peace the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Davethulhu posted:

"The stripper doesn't really love you" is an important motto

• Locked thread