Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

double nine posted:

wait, about that sacrificial stone curio, in my notes it's

Have I been misinformed?
It's 50% stress, 25% purge negative quirk, 12.5% gain Warren Explorer and 12.5 gain Warren Scrounger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

double nine posted:

wait, about that sacrificial stone curio, in my notes it's

Have I been misinformed?

Nah you're correct. I don't keep detailed notes with me when I commentate.

That and I never interact with it because I don't like the odds. That might change soon.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
I think my favorite part of this episode was that both bosses took more damage from DOT than direct attacks.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
An all antiquarian group could try to just stack their blight attack to ridiculous levels. Which is a little more damaging than Nervous stab? Maybe the second ruins boss could be taken that way, with some judicious Prot wrangling due to how the attacks work in that fight.

Also amused at Highwang setting the Hew skill, then just using Chop.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 26, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
My team for the Flesh was something like, a Hellion, a Jester, a Vestal and a Plague Doctor. The Jester ended up MVP with Harvest because the Flesh kept stunning the Doc (and I built up to something insane like, 12 bleed damage with it.) The Heart did come out to play but sometimes I needed my Hellion to self-heal to offset the Maws of Life attack.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Wang, if you want a card game that's free sign up for the Eternal Beta. It's like Magic Lite and it's design team consists of LSV.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
'in-ko-ate' or 'in-ko-it', not 'incadent'. Not that it's ever going to come up again. I AM, however, sad that you didn't bring an Abomination to the fight that's purpose built for them to Rake it to little shreds.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Crusader is out.

Was not expected it to go that way.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

We have learned that Wang does not know words.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Teledahn posted:

We have learned that Wang does not know words.

Oh I'd imagine that is common knowledge by now.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

AtomikKrab posted:

The Crusader is out.

oh yeah, my prediction was true!

He reveals his past a bit when he's afflicted. He also regrets abandoning them.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AtomikKrab posted:

The Crusader is out.

THERE IS ONLY WAR

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Gridlocked posted:

THERE IS ONLY WAR

Like darkest dungeon isn't drawing from the same family of influence as warhammer.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Murdering piles of people in close combat will gently caress you up. Reynault probably just saw his family standing there and decided it wasn't worth bringing his scars home. Better that they wonder than know the truth.

Where is he going to even stable that red-eyed destrier, anyway? His horse has probably killed dozens of men. He can't have that poo poo at his house.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

First glance, I thought he was leading the troops and had accidentally brought them to his homelands, kinda like what happens in God of War.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Hey, how about that.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I just barely noticed that walking the party backwards still uses the forward walking animation. Also, hooray for rear end weasels.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Embrace the random, wang, make a yogg deck that's just entirely random spells and minions :v: Or play Bloodbowl, praise Nuffle.

But what the poo poo is this boss even :stonk:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Klaus88 posted:

Like darkest dungeon isn't drawing from the same family of influence as warhammer.

:thejoke:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Nalesh posted:

pig butt snakes

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

AtomikKrab posted:

The Crusader is out.

Reynauld's family looks just like the people Dismas killed.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Which might explain why they're travelling together, Dismas feels bad and so is helping Reynauld on whatever crusade even though Reynauld doesn't know about his family's death. Although that would be a bit of a ridiculous coincidence.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Nalesh posted:

Everybody wants to eat the famous Dark Place sausages, but nobody wants to see how they are made.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nalesh posted:

Embrace the random, wang, make a yogg deck that's just entirely random spells and minions :v: Or play Bloodbowl, praise Nuffle.

The Ancestor said. His experiments in demon-summoning with pigs produced a lot of weird mutants so he flushed them down the toilet so as not to be bothered.

The Ancestor Does Not Make Good Decisions.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

The Ancestor said. His experiments in demon-summoning with pigs produced a lot of weird mutants so he flushed them down the toilet so as not to be bothered.

I don't think it was entire mutants so much as random animated bits of flesh and body parts. These were his partial successes.

quote:

No argument on THIS part, though. I swear, it's like somebody wondered aloud just how much one person could screw up and Red Hook took it as a challenge.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DGM_2 posted:

No argument on THIS part, though. I swear, it's like somebody wondered aloud just how much one person could screw up and Red Hook took it as a challenge.

It says a lot when 'banged a cannibalistic hag' isn't even in the top 20 worst things the game has to offer.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

Night10194 posted:

Isn't that basically the whole theme of this game? With the addendum of "and now you have to clean up his mess"?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I kinda want a prequel where you are the Ancestor, doing all sorts of things you really shouldn't be doing. Have it play in a similar way, but with even more focus on using your mercenaries as disposable meat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Apep727 posted:

Isn't that basically the whole theme of this game? With the addendum of "and now you have to clean up his mess"?

Yes, this game is basically a long, drawn out series of 'Why did that ever even seem like a good idea you crazy jackass' directed at your ancestor.

I really love his interjections where he describes these things as if they were the most normal courses of action and totally logical.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Nice of him to write this all out in the letter he sent you before he shot himself though.

PS Watch out for sphincter monster, and also I totally had sex with whatever you find in the warrens.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 27, 2016

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It says a lot when 'banged a cannibalistic hag' isn't even in the top 20 worst things the game has to offer.

I want to believe she was not a hag yet. The cannibalistic bit is a harder sell.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

I want to believe she was not a hag yet. The cannibalistic bit is a harder sell.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

DGM_2 posted:

I swear, it's like somebody wondered aloud just how much one person could screw up and Red Hook took it as a challenge.

I know they're good devs, but I don't think even they could have calculated that Wang would be lping it :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fat Samurai posted:

I know I keep harping on that line, but this is definitely one of those moments that I think 'I had grown tired of conventional extravagance' and shudder.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

DGM_2 posted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.

Please don't take away my security blanket.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I saw this and thought highwang would get a good laugh out of it.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Where's the graph for indefatigable purpose? :colbert:

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I know they're good devs, but I don't think even they could have calculated that Wang would be lping it :v:

Hah! "Soon, Something Awful will know the tragic extent of your failings."

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 27, 2016

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Fat Samurai posted:

The later opening narrations for starting the Hag dungeons allude to her changing with the herbs and "stuff" she ingests because she's worried about what is in the Darkest Dungeon. Think of it as a scientist who starts drinking untested mixtures and having horrible changes occur, or the most terrifying drug trip.

I like to think she was gifted in herb lore and alchemy, but she was pushed a wee bit too far by the Ancestor and snapped. If she hadn't known of what lies beneath, she probably would've just been a local medicine wom...

Oh my god she's a crazy Doctor Quinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Oh my god she's a crazy Doctor Quinn.

Head-canon accepted.

Apep727 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 27, 2016

• Locked thread