Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Fart gently caress hell. D*mn it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

He was always on the take from agents, dunno why the FA would be surprised.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a dog eat dog world

No glory in football

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's coming home

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

trem_two posted:

I didn't notice this sidebar to that article when I was reading it on my phone earlier:

I hope it's wenger.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/780718443213516800

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Just laughing. Poor Allardici.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Which paper will run the headline Allardiciopoli?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

It all evens out in the end.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Doesn't Allardyce just get a buttwad of cash if he gets sacked? And some lovely club will hire him within a year, anyway. He wins either way.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vegetable posted:

Doesn't Allardyce just get a buttwad of cash if he gets sacked? And some lovely club will hire him within a year, anyway. He wins either way.

Im sure he can be done for misconduct

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Vegetable posted:

not if it breaks some sort of tenuous ethics clause in his contract

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
This is just Sunderlands relegation survival Final Destination thing kicking in again

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Don't let them take Big Sam away from me

the glow
May 31, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He was always on the take from agents, dunno why the FA would be surprised.

I'm sure they're not really surprised, it's one of those things where as long as they can reasonably plead ignorance of his misbehaviour they don't care, but its a lot harder to turn a blind eye to it if there's HD video of him stuffing forged fivers into his tracksuit and calling Prince harry a bellend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
looks like he's drinking a pint of wine in the video

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There's rumblings on the quiet among the sports hacks that theres another Big Sam story that someone is sitting on expecting him to get a slap on the wrist here.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Chico's on fire today.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
Steve Bruce for England? Aston Villa will find someone else

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I reckon he was just weaselly enough to squeak through, with all the "it can be done" and "need to clear it with the powers that be" rather than outright stating he will do it for them, unless that is waiting in reserve

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
In all likelihood he was just going to take their money and walk away without doing anything.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

His defense is twofold: He didn't know that the two business men were looking to talk about football, and initially believed it to be about motivational speaking, which he wouldn't have to disclose to the FA and he wasn't corrupt in offering an opinion, just that his decision to do so was ill judged on bad advice.

The first one doesn't hold up to scrutiny though because he clearly knew after the first meeting that it was about speaking about football and not motivational speaking when he took the second meeting. The second he'll probably be able to weasel through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/780713275344424960

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/780767296457408512

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, I mean he could have told them to 'gently caress off I'm the England manager' and walked away

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is there a transcript of the conversation anywhere? I've found snippets, but haven't seen the whole thing.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm surprised they managed to find 5 English managers tbh

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Why don't more English managers get a crack at the top jobs?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

E: loving lol Flores tweeted that picture himself

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 27, 2016

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
England should just forget about football and come up with a new sport, maybe focus on that instead. It worked for the Americans.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nigel Pearson won't be taking charge of Derby tonight at the request of the club. So there's one of the five. Unless he's just headbutted someone and its unrelated.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If his name was Allardescu he would be managing a team of pickpockets in Madrid or Barcelona

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If his name was Allardescu he would be managing a team owned by Gigi Becali

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blue Star Error posted:

Nigel Pearson won't be taking charge of Derby tonight at the request of the club. So there's one of the five. Unless he's just headbutted someone and its unrelated.

He's been melting down a while apparently but I bet he's one, yeah.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Sticking my neck out that one of the two ex-international managers was Mick McCarthy, they will try to smear all the Big lads who mean well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

One of the agents who was with Big Sam has issued a press statement in which he's taken a unique defense - that he was talking bollocks to them and lying about clubs he had dealt with to try and impress them. He also seems to not be aware that there's a video of the whole thing as he's trying to claim he never said some of the things that are on the video.