Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

poo poo Mario Brothers

this should be a filter on mario maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nintendo, buy Ubisoft so we can get the character of the ages, Rayman, in Smash.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Saoshyant posted:

Nintendo, buy Ubisoft so we can get the character of the ages, Rayman, in Smash.
I'd love this.

Isn't he a trophy or something in 4?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

this should be a filter on mario maker

its the original non-super mario brothers that everyone hates and gets disappointed when they dont realize "super" actually means something and accidentally buy or come across mario brothers, but with 8 frames of native input lag, constant framerate issues, and microtransactions

also instead of the fireball, its just a floating turd

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

I'd love this.

Isn't he a trophy or something in 4?

He was actually a completed character in the game cache files but he had to be removed for licensing reasons.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
poo poo filled pipes everywhere. The horror of snaking shower drains. Mario has seen it all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
People have already talked about how big a deal it is that Nintendo will be making all it's games for one system, but there's another pretty big thing that practically guarantees the NX is going to have a great library. Sony ceding the handheld space to Nintendo. All those niche Japanese games that are currently coming out on the Vita will start coming out on the NX.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Reiley posted:

He was actually a completed character in the game cache files but he had to be removed for licensing reasons.

i know for sure solar boy django was in there, i didn't know about rayman

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Boten Anna posted:

i think its easy for me to be paitent for the nx reveal because i will buy one even if its literally just foxconn interns making GBS threads into a box and the only release for it is poo poo Mario Brothers

I think anyone in this thread who doesn't is a fool.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Guy Goodbody posted:

People have already talked about how big a deal it is that Nintendo will be making all it's games for one system, but there's another pretty big thing that practically guarantees the NX is going to have a great library. Sony ceding the handheld space to Nintendo. All those niche Japanese games that are currently coming out on the Vita will start coming out on the NX.

The Vita is full of amazing VNs and fighting games too and even dungeon crawlers so yeah. Mix that with Nintendo and you have a solid library.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SomewhatMystia posted:

FGO was exactly what I have in mind when I think about FE Mobile.

I'd like it if it still had the tactics playing field though, otherwise it wouldn't really be FE

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
FE mobile will be a dating sim

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TheKingofSprings posted:

FE mobile will be a dating sim

this is also fine

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

animal crossing mobile will also be a dating sim

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

this is also fine

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Futaba Anzu posted:

wew boy

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

paco650 posted:

Just release a normal loving console so we can get some normal loving sequels for fucks sake.

ahahaha awww :( poor thing

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

spend a limited time offer of $30 to get a guaranteed chance to draw santa claus shizue over the holiday season what a deal

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo should ride the popularity wave of Stranger Things and make an Earthbound live action movie.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo should ride the popularity wave of Stranger Things and make an Earthbound live action movie.

lol but I would watch it of course.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ubisoft is going to release an exclusive version of Rayman 2 for the NX.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Ubisoft is going to release an exclusive version of Rayman 2 for the NX.

It will be a package deal that includes the long awaited Rayman amiibo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

A rape joke?!?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Torture would probably raise the age rating too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

For twelve years you have been asking: who is the Nintendo NX? This is the Nintendo NX speaking.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Quest For Glory II posted:

michel ancel posted this on his instagram.......

Beyond Good and Evil 2 confirmed?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bongo Bill posted:

For twelve years you have been asking: who is the Nintendo NX? This is the Nintendo NX speaking.

saving this post for next year when the nx is announced

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

It's like the game is actively discouraging me from buying it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SylvainMustach posted:

It's like the game is actively discouraging me from buying it

saying this is a rape joke is as ridiculously and embarrassingly far-reaching as the faux outrage for the loving "five guys" thing in the Paper Mario game. though if this is sticker color splash the game sucks anyway

Guy Goodbody posted:

good point, maybe we'll actually get vanillaware games again and more atlus stuff. I love the Vita niche poo poo and adding all of those to a console is a solid get for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Color Splash loving rules. I'm about 12 hours in and it's my favorite of the six paper Mario games. No partners? Who loving cares. That's stupid to be mad about. This game has the best writing in the series, and the best level design in the series. Instead of RPG "content" where you make the numbers go up, there are tons of well designed levels that all masterfully tell a story, like watching a really good animated series, except you are playing through it and solving puzzles.

And all these "generic" toads have way more personality than the characters in the other Paper Marios ever did.

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 27, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I think the angry Paper Mario fans are the same people who insist the Sonic Boom cartoon is actually really funny.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

MinibarMatchman posted:

saying this is a rape joke is as ridiculously and embarrassingly far-reaching as the faux outrage for the loving "five guys" thing in the Paper Mario game. though if this is sticker color splash the game sucks anyway

Wasn't saying it was a rape joke. It's more the meta humor that I'm not into. Maybe I haven't played enough of the other paper Mario games to get the writing (well I get it but I don't find it funny) but all of the jokes are flatlining for me.

I'm not offended by it.

elf help book posted:

I think the angry Paper Mario fans are the same people who insist the Sonic Boom cartoon is actually really funny.

I liked that one dream within a dream clip with the guy in the bad sonic costume. Never really saw anything else though.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 27, 2016

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

elf help book posted:

What if I both want to buy Color Splash because it looks good and think the Sonic Boom cartoon is moderately funny?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

greatn posted:

Color Splash loving rules. I'm about 12 hours in and it's my favorite of the six paper Mario games. No partners? Who loving cares. That's stupid to be mad about. This game has the best writing in the series, and the best level design in the series. Instead of RPG "content" where you make the numbers go up, there are tons of well designed levels that all masterfully tell a story, like watching a really good animated series, except you are playing through it and solving puzzles.

And all these "generic" toads have way more personality than the characters in the other Paper Marios ever did.

Okay, okay.

But what if I like watching numbers go up? Is the game still good if I think the transition from TYD's style to SPM's style is bad.

Because you're selling me on this game pretty hard and I don't want another Fire Emblem: Fates level disappointment.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
My issue with what I've seen of Color Splash's writing is how snarky and cynical it is. TTYD's brilliance was that it basically took the weird-as-gently caress mushroom kingdom mooks and asked "Okay but what are these peoples' day-to-day lives like?" Meanwhile, Color Splash has stuff like a steroids joke, a torture joke, and an out-of-touch reference to the loving Watergate scandal, and that kind of stuff just doesn't interest me.
I'm sure it isn't horrible, though. I might give it a shot if the reviews are decent.
Just out of curiosity, for the people playing it: are the settings more diverse than Sticker Star, or is it just "normal world desert world ice world etc." again?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
in ttyd you can beat a mole into alzhimer's for healing items

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Raserys posted:

in ttyd you can beat a mole into alzhimer's for healing items

Yeah but that's goofy. It's a joke about him bring a whack-a-mole. Color Splash just feels like " hey we know what steroids are!!! Haha torture!!! We are cool and relevant!!!"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
in the first game its witty, in the sequels its snark. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe the best paper mario is the only one not available on virtual console due to nintendo's incompetence regarding anything gamecube related

• Locked thread