Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

atomicthumbs posted:

Coffee is prune juice for millenials

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pink ladies are the superior apple

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

gluten and grains freaking own

not really since they are just a filler material that you buy when you are not a six figgie fucktard in order to stretch your proteins and fats as far as you can

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

how important is it to use Genuine Apple® Lightning™ Cables©™®

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

how important is it to use Genuine Apple® Lightning™ Cables©™®

it's not. it *is* important to use certified ones, though. amazon, monoprice, and anker all make good ones

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

neonbregna posted:

not really since they are just a filler material that you buy when you are not a six figgie fucktard in order to stretch your proteins and fats as far as you can

the gluten free diet is yet another stupid fad diet

not eating gluten is not going to make you magically healthier unless you actually have a medical condition

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
oh man I'm fat and out of shape what should I do??

doctor: eat less, exercise more

idiot: eat as much as you want but just eat baby food eat a grapefruit with every meal eat just protein eat what a cave man eats just don't eat grains

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Endless Mike posted:

it's not. it *is* important to use certified ones, though. amazon, monoprice, and anker all make good ones

my amazon one lasted longer than any of my apple ones

we got some company-branded ones at our work and they seem to last for ages and we have shittons of them so that's pretty great

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

My Linux Rig posted:

not eating gluten is not going to make you magically healthier unless you actually have a medical condition

there is a big difference between yeastless whole grain sourdough and wonderbread

just don't eat cheap gluten

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Perplx posted:

there is a big difference between yeastless whole grain sourdough and wonderbread

everything needs one-upmanship, even bread.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Perplx posted:

yeah there is

wholegrain bread has more calories

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

gluten isn't "filler", it's a naturally occurring protein found in some (but not all) grains.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
this is what happens when they remove the headphone jack from the iphone 7

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
grains and cooked meat are what provided the excess energy that our bodies required in order to develop our advanced brains. to turn your back on your agrarian roots because of a stymie post? i...i need a moment

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Management posted:

rip you, killed by consuming something humans have been eating for 5,000 years

8000+, actually.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Lightbulb Out posted:

you start stalking young girls?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

My Linux Rig posted:

gluten free (read: not due to celiac) is bullshit and people just can't admit that they love bread and pasta (because bread and pasta are delicious) and eating a lot of it makes you feel bloated as hell

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marc-vetri/im-gluten-intolerantintol_b_5614463.html

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol if you have allergies or fat genes

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

i've seen students do that when they have to do a stupid loving webinar that requires a full browser because of plugins but they have poo poo to do

i'll agree that it is lovely that apple, after removing the headphone jack from the iphone 7, went and removed all of the headphone jacks from their other phones and also all of the phones that they've already sold

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

well it is the apple thread

and god drat honey crisp is expensive even compare to the gala

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

duTrieux. posted:

i've seen students do that when they have to do a stupid loving webinar that requires a full browser because of plugins but they have poo poo to do

i'll agree that it is lovely that apple, after removing the headphone jack from the iphone 7, went and removed all of the headphone jacks from their other phones and also all of the phones that they've already sold

At least shut the lid while you carry it

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Lightbulb Out posted:

where is that, it looks familiar

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Encrypted posted:

well it is the apple thread

and god drat honey crisp is expensive even compare to the gala

I think my trader joes has the for the same price maybe one slightly higher

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

My Linux Rig posted:

Generic_creek_with_sidewalk.jpg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

gluten free (read: not due to celiac)

thank you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maniacdevnull posted:

At least shut the lid while you carry it

MacBooks go to sleep when you shut the lid.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
my computer should sleep when i close the lid but in reality it never does. pc master race

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

My Linux Rig posted:

poty posted:

you start stalking young girls?

college_town_by_river.jpg

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
why is some guy leering at and taking pics of young women w/ apple products in public?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol that's garbage.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

i installed some thing called "nosleep" on my work macbook so that i could keep my connections alive whilst closing the lid and it totally hosed my computer. i'd disable it and find my computer melting in my backpack the next morning. uninstalled and it STILL happened. thats what i get for trying to do a thing that has not been approved by apple. i should have listened to timb and jony. i cant believe the wordfilters are gone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

fits my needs posted:

why is some guy leering at and taking pics of young women w/ apple products in public?
because he is getting tired of posting about james bond and kubrick and the yankees all the time and wants to change things up?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/caffeinate.8.html

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what happened to the three finger tap on trackpad to look up a word in the dictionary

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lotta scrubs itt

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

what happened to the three finger tap on trackpad to look up a word in the dictionary

you got force-obsolesced bro. time to upgrade to 3D Touch, the thing that literally nobody has ever wanted or enjoyed, not even the cremster (RIP)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

3d touch actually owns in ios 10.

it was pretty pointless in ios 9 though.

macos is kinda whatever.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I never use 3D Touch. what does it do that's useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

I never use 3D Touch. what does it do that's useful?

It lets you touch in 3 dimensions. Duh.

• Locked thread