Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What the hell is LP anyways? It's not explained anywhere in game but I'm assuming it's just a limit to the equipment you can have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, LP is a points system that measures how much equipment you can strap onto one of your custom loadouts.

W/R/T Eldar, one major problem on top of all the Swooping Hawk bullshit is the fact that Eldar have the only man-portable anti-tank weapons that don't require any sort of expenditure.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Popete posted:

What the hell is LP anyways? It's not explained anywhere in game but I'm assuming it's just a limit to the equipment you can have?

Loadout Points, every item has a cost, you can have 1000 total, if you unlock a Vet class, they get 2000 LP to equip with.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

LumberingTroll posted:

Loadout Points, every item has a cost, you can have 1000 total, if you unlock a Vet class, they get 2000 LP to equip with.

Thought Vet Classes were only 1400

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

SirBuddha posted:

Thought Vet Classes were only 1400

I guess maybe they are, was told by another goon that they are double

Orv
May 4, 2011
They're 1,400. You couldn't even fill 2,000 on most classes.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
So, nerf Eldar again?

In every time, in every game, loving Eldar remain the same.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LumberingTroll posted:

Rolled Eldar to see how they are compared to LSM, loving hell are they easy, bonus points tell the team that Eldar Need a nerf after the match, especially when you top the scoreboard and watch them lose their minds.

I told you man. They really are broken. The most egregious problems are a trifecta of poo poo. Small hitboxes, fast movement, highly accurate weapons with a high ROF.

I used to think their melee was OP but it's not because it caps out at tier 2. Tier 3 and 4 weapons completely annihilate them.

LumberingTroll posted:

I guess maybe they are, was told by another goon that they are double

That's what I get for listening to other goons :p

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone else notice that when you slap on a scope onto a bolter it magically fires faster or is it just me?

Orv
May 4, 2011
When you zoom or just in general?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

When you zoom or just in general?

Zoomed in.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
What is the easiest way to farm exp?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Plasma Cannon.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're chaos, use the Nark of Nurgle healing because it's straight up the best in the game and will get you loads of points.

Orv
May 4, 2011

So this is probably the age old "How the gently caress do you even do that" problem of; because you're rendering less when zoomed in your FPS is higher so your RoF is higher, because it's tied to your FPS. Which they fixed. Three months ago. Wooooooooooo :suicide:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Whoa, what a stinker this game is. It's a pretty buggy mess. Insta kills with certain weapons, the clunky melee system. If I would have paid more than $25 for this I'd be asking for a refund, but it was a nice distraction for a few hours.

Stay way unless you're already committed or a die hard fan.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

So this is probably the age old "How the gently caress do you even do that" problem of; because you're rendering less when zoomed in your FPS is higher so your RoF is higher, because it's tied to your FPS. Which they fixed. Three months ago. Wooooooooooo :suicide:

I'm going to test this tonight. Unmodded ADS/NOADS + Modded ADS/NOADS

Also laughing at devs still tying things to FPS in TYOL 2016.

Also for those of you having trouble against Eldar melee just get anything Tier 3 or higher and left click to win. You'll break their weapons and then them. Eldar peak really early power progression wise vs. LSM peaking much later after unlocking a bunch of poo poo for your weapons. I got a power axe and I went from eating poo poo against Eldar to being able to clear a room. Added in some +weapon stamina recovery and it's hilarious. Spam LMB , weapon gets low, dodge roll once repeat.

edit:
ALSO ALSO ALSO :derp: :suicide:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wait what does stamina determine other than rolling?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I just discovered that you can exit whatever side of the vehicle you're in by holding a direction key when you exit.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait what does stamina determine other than rolling?

I think it's just that..

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stamina used to be tied to the melee systems for a very long time but they finally wised up on that. Now it's just rolling.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Is it just me or is abadons grace, the chaos named autocannon, loving bananas

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is it just me or is abadons grace, the chaos named autocannon, loving bananas

Huge rear end projectile which I'm pretty sure hits in a tiny AOE making headshots really easy even at extreme range coupled with the fact that it sets things on fire as well. Nah, it's totally fine. You can also shoot vehicles with it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What the hell doe the Orks get to deal with vehicles? Is it in the Loota class?

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Popete posted:

This would go from being the worst game to the best game if the Ork solution to vehicles was to steal them.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Popete posted:

The Zzap gun is a lascannon. The power klaw can also do excellent damage, but it's bugged at the moment (no fast attack). There's also the super stikkbomb, which is a melta bomb minus the sticky because gently caress Orks I guess.

No melta gun though, looted or otherwise, because again, gently caress Orks.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Popete posted:

Yeah, they've got, I want to say Zzap guns?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you look at melee damage numbers what do they actually mean?

Fast xxx/yyy ??

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sard posted:

This would go from being the worst game to the best game if the Ork solution to vehicles was to steal them.

I think they need a mek class that could do this

This game could use a map thats more dependent on vehicles.

Have some capture points that have LOS to the outside so you can lay down suppresion fire on it.

That and tanks need to do more damage to transports. I spent like 3 minutes plinking away at a rhino which ends up spawning 12 guys with powerfists or melta bombs.

I want to see this games version of Wake island.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Reaper launcher owns

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Ork Shootas get the rockit launcher too.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

BurtLington posted:

Ork Shootas get the rockit launcher too.

the Rokkit Launcher doesnt do damage to vehicles though. its more anti infantry.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Sard posted:

there is the super stickbomb , its a melta bomb that has to be planted, cant be thrown. its a pain to get it to stick but it takes transports to 50% in one it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stanley Pain posted:

When you look at melee damage numbers what do they actually mean?

Fast xxx/yyy ??

Orv
May 4, 2011
Front/Back?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Orv posted:

Front/Back?

That's not right. You do ~2.5x damage to the back with power attacks from any weapon, and the damage is the same for quick attacks regardless of direction. I don't know what the numbers mean.

Also, the rokkit launcha does do significant damage to vehicles in pretty sure.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The rokkit launcher does jack poo poo to vehicles compared to something like the kannon. You take off a sliver at a time. You might not even be able to kill a vehicle from the front with the 28 rokkits you spawn with. Apparently it one-shots infantry but I just use the kannon for that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I got 25 000 of the premium currency with my purchase of the game, and I want to have maximum fun as an Ork. What should I spend my money on?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Spend it on visual cusomization, with exception of teeth. For those you use the iron-jaw unlock from the skill tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

So I live in Montreal and have been talking to the devs in discord, I might be getting invited to go into their office to visit. Any questions you guys want me to ask?

• Locked thread