Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sassassin posted:

He's been melting down a while apparently but I bet he's one, yeah.

He has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I mean in fairness Nige always seems like he's melting down but that's just his default

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

He gave his players a proper battering in his last post-match interview.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Mancini for England.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The England manager should know it’s not acceptable to mock someone for the way they speak. The FA must take this seriously before it has far-reaching effects

TWENTY SIXTEEN

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

Also, the independent apparently aren't going to release the full transcripts, just "relevant" ones. Big Sam will live to manage another day.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's quit

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jose posted:

he's quit

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-allardyce-offers-resign-england-8926175

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao this is amazing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Big Sam - Too Beautiful For This World

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

100% record, englands greatest ever manager

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Steve Bruce to finally get his overdue England call up

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Allardyce is a laughing stock now, this is really loving hilarious

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
This was obviously masterminded by Harry Redknapp so he can assume his rightful position as England manager.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Big Sam to big sack, what a massive shame.

I don't think he said anything too egregious in the video, but what's more concerning is that he was willing to meet some very sketchy people and, at the very least, skirt around the edges of the rules. I think the bigger concern is what he was willing to do for those people he knew more closely.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MrBling posted:

This was obviously masterminded by Harry Redknapp so he can assume his rightful position as England manager.

he's definitely not also in the sting

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Third-party ownership gave us Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham, I say we welcome it

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
big sam lasted 67 days

so close

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
RIP.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2016/sep/fa-statement-sam-allardyce-27-09-16

quote:

The FA can confirm that Sam Allardyce has left his position as England manager.

Allardyce's conduct, as reported today, was inappropriate of the England manager. He accepts he made a significant error of judgement and has apologised. However, due to the serious nature of his actions, The FA and Allardyce have mutually agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect.
This is not a decision that was taken lightly but The FA's priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football. The manager of the England men's senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times.

Gareth Southgate will take charge of the men's senior team for the next four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain whilst The FA begins its search for the new England manager.

The FA wishes Sam well in the future.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Good, Allardyce is gone and now Gareth Southgate is England manager. Great. Perfect. This is what everyone wanted.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

JFairfax posted:

RIP Big Sam - Too Beautiful For This World

:rip:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
i love fat sam irl

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hmm the FA are a big bunch of loving wastemen and big Sam is cool? Sir Wiggins gets caught doping and yet big sam has to go? Broken Britain

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hahaha, amazing.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Gareth Southgate looks like a nonce and I hope Arry's media pals out him as such immediately.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

am i wrong to think of Woy as a millionaire that wont bother with a speech therapist, or is there something more fundamental to his condition? his results imply the latter.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

lolll

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

am i wrong to think of Woy as a millionaire that wont bother with a speech therapist, or is there something more fundamental to his condition? his results imply the latter.

The same could be asked of Jonathan Ross.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Big Sam Arrivederci

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Don't even have to click the link to know that it's a Guardian article.

They wrote the same kind of thing for The Sun's "BWING ON THE EUWOS" headline, only it was a loving thesis about bullying and regional dialects written by some guy who honest-to-god looked like a rat.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope he does a press conference to sign off and just reads out the entirety of "If" and then leaves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK3uCe5A_oL/

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

HJB posted:

Good, Allardyce is gone and now Gareth Southgate is England manager. Great. Perfect. This is what everyone wanted.

gently caress the press imo

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
:lol: Well done, England, appointing the man who's most famous for ruining England's chance of winning a major tournament.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Chico must be going mental..

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

jyrka posted:

:lol: Well done, England, appointing the man who's most famous for ruining England's chance of winning a major tournament.

Wait, Sven's back?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

jyrka posted:

Rooney's the manager now?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lol but jogi loew sniffing his ballsweat is still a bigger disgrace imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So as a non european all i need to know is how much closer is it to coming home lads after this event