Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
SAY IT DONALD! SAY IT YOU CHICKEN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My feelings are hurt!

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
He was going to call her a oval office, wasn't he?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dude looks like he's about to cry

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Davethulhu posted:

man I was waiting for him to drop the C word

edit: amazingly EFB

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Davethulhu posted:

He'll tweet it tomorrow.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
TRUMP SUPPORTS CLINTON!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Answer the loving question Donald.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Holy poo poo he actually answered a question.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
would you accept the results

I want to make america great again

people we were going to deport became citizens

push buttons

I want to make america great again

I will absolutely support her

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
come on

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

None of this is real

This is just a dream

We've all tasted the kiss of the ss18s and this is the last step before Valhalla.

Thats my story I'm sticking with it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Thank god it's over

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Lester Holt deserves a drink more than any American right now.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

important background information itp

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Trump family huddled on stage while Bill and Hillary shake hands with the crowd.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

To be fair if Jesus returned with a sick AR-15 that would kind of own

Our Lord is a SCAR man through and through.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

shame on an IGA posted:

Our Lord is a SCAR man through and through.

who is that guy with that sick as gently caress AUG because I bet Jesus would rock that

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Trump needs to do another bump

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
wanna see what ol rudy has to say here on NBC

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

Trump family huddled on stage while Bill and Hillary shake hands with the crowd.

I think that is the single biggest thing that makes me want to vote against Trump.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Holy gently caress he's gonna punch a reporter

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lazy Reservist posted:

"Did you ask me a question?"

For real, I don't know how dude wasn't all "please don't talk to me like that."

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Lazy Reservist posted:

You're telling me he did that poo poo sober?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuroyama posted:

You're telling me he did that poo poo sober?

Are you saying he doesn't deserve more?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fister Roboto posted:

Are you saying he doesn't deserve more?

No, I'm saying I don't believe he didn't pregame at least a little.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Lazy Reservist posted:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Kuroyama posted:

Hillary brings up Trump's one good point: We'll all be dead in a nuclear fireball soon if we vote Trump.

99.9% of the country doesn't understand what the change in policy Obama was contemplating was, why changing it is a bad idea, why Obama rejected it, or the history dating back to the 1950s behind it. The country is divided between people that actually think Trump would slaughter millions because he may have said mean things, and those that are :suspense: hoping he does it.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
I woke up today to twitter saying #TrumpWon and I am very confused. When? Is this paid twitter shilling at its best? That's the only way I can see anyone believing that.

But various post debate polls are agreeing :negative:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No poll of any substance has come out yet. We won't see any post-debate result until much later in the week.

The online polls aren't rigorous by any means.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
As a moderate who hates both of them, I don't think either of them did anything but reinforce their own bases' convictions. I don't see anyone getting swayed by that debate. Trump was slightly more coherent than he has been through the entire campaign but was still recognizably Trump, Hillary was smug but more professional than Trump. Both were pretty easily drawn into interrupting each other.

Edit:

Godholio posted:

I think several of you are seeing what you want to see. Trump thinks he's winning, and so does his base.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't understand how you watched that last night and came away thinking trump was remotely coherent. Every time he spoke it was a bunch of rambling non-answers. The only question he actually answered all night was the one at the end, and he still had to be asked twice by Holt if he'll support Clinton if she wins.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Trump is almost never anything else. But he rambled slightly less most of the time. He repeated himself slightly less than usual. I'm not saying he did well, but his speeches thus far have been so convoluted that the bar is set really low. So yeah. I think he did slightly better. But I guarantee he walked out of there believing Hillary got rekt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

Trump is almost never anything else. But he rambled slightly less most of the time. He repeated himself slightly less than usual. I'm not saying he did well, but his speeches thus far have been so convoluted that the bar is set really low. So yeah. I think he did slightly better. But I guarantee he walked out of there believing Hillary got rekt.

He knew he got his poo poo rocked and thats why he skipped the after party, wouldn't really talk to anyone in the post-debate scrum, and flew back to NYC as fast as possible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He's the only candidate to ever come into the spin room after. See what I mean about people seeing what they wanted to see?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the only thing I took from the debate is that President Trump's first act will be to pardon himself for tax evasion, and his second act will be to resign.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I don't think we'll see the debates make a difference until after the next one. Last night I think was just Clinton and her team probing Trump, to see where the cracks are.

She'll likely go for the throat next time.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Godholio posted:

As a moderate who hates both of them, I don't think either of them did anything but reinforce their own bases' convictions. I don't see anyone getting swayed by that debate. Trump was slightly more coherent than he has been through the entire campaign but was still recognizably Trump, Hillary was smug but more professional than Trump. Both were pretty easily drawn into interrupting each other.

Edit:

I don't know how you walked away from that seeing anything other than a solid Hillary victory. She leveled several very effective body blows on him, particularly with regards to taxation and women. She baited him on almost every single topic and like clockwork Trump but down on that thing with everything he had.

Trump was at his best was at the beginning, I think his "you've had 30 years" line was fairly effective at distinguishing her as an ineffectual life long politician. Trade is a pretty hot issue right now especially with the working class and he'd do well to try to keep things focused on the economy.

However as the night drew on Trump became visibly exasperated with Hillary and her ability to parry away most everything flung at him. Rather than simply say "I said he was born in the US, end of conversation" he decided to go into the weeds of birtherism and explain what a great service he provided. Same for his defence of his claim he was against Iraq. Rather than dismissing it as a flippant remark to a radio show host and painting her with it given the information she was provided and the fact that she actually cast a vote in the Senate for it, he decided to tell people to call Sean loving Hannity to confirm his story.

The man is completely incapable of taking an L when he needs to and as a result he looks like an unprepared moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If a pissant 7th grader acts exactly as you expect a pissant 7th grader to act when arguing with an adult, it's not a draw. He's still a little poo poo who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the levers of power.

• Locked thread