Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
setzer
Feb 25, 2007
its midnight where the DLC at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

XainZero posted:

Not sure if this is obvious or not, but those weird flowers that you sometimes see around maps are treasure chests that you use the Jade Dagger to open.

Was not obvious to me. Thank you!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Wark Say posted:

Man, arriving to Shinjuku just to see corpses all around the place gives you the heebie-jeebies. :ohdear:

You know what gives me the heebie jeebies? Not being able to turn them in for AP.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

XainZero posted:

Not sure if this is obvious or not, but those weird flowers that you sometimes see around maps are treasure chests that you use the Jade Dagger to open.

It seemed fairly straightforward to me, they share the same color scheme as the Dagger Walls and are all over the place for no other reason, so it just stood to reason I should try stabbing them with it.

I don't understand the point of Excalibur walls. You are pretty much incapable of encountering any prior to obtaining Excalibur, so it's really just a wormwood wall that requires a specific animation for no particular reason.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
So what's the preferred method of making Macca in this one? Fundraise seems a little anemic compared to 4.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Agnostalgia posted:

So what's the preferred method of making Macca in this one? Fundraise seems a little anemic compared to 4.

DLC

A relic run through the various relic hotspots will net you about 50K for 5-10 minutes of work.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

XainZero posted:

Is there one in the home area? There's a Jade Dagger powerup thing but I've yet to figure out why

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

You know what gives me the heebie jeebies? Not being able to turn them in for AP.

Not everyone in Tokyo is a hunter.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also they're lying right there, so I wouldn't call them "missing".

Agnostalgia posted:

DLC :shepface:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Marogareh posted:

I took the head hunter because it raised my str stat more than Excalibur ever did and it will last you a good while. Using it against hordes is great when it does proc the instant death. You should never sell the Excalibur because it is the only thing that will damage Shesha.
Yeah, I reloaded to check out the gun, and it has like 200 attack power but it's single shot with low hit%, so the sword seems like a better deal.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

Learn Estoma, cast it and make a relic run through previous areas like Ginza and Toyasu.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok I legitimately said "yeah!" Out loud when they brought back the boss music with the weird steel drums

I'm genuinely happy it came back. The new music is pretty great too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Divine Powers battle theme is pretty dope.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

wow the boss fight at the Yamato reactor doesn't gently caress around

how far through the game am I? I feel really high-level but also that there's a while to go, it's seemed relatively short compared to 4 but maybe just because im enjoying it so much

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I think it may feel shorter because it's so smooth and easy to navigate. At least that's how it feels to me. Part of what made IV seem so long was figuring out where to go

I've also since played nocturne so I feel like a lot of the roadblocks aren't as frustrating

That being said I'm enjoying everything in apocalypse so far and I fee like its a huge step up from an already very fun game.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Probably the best change was making Tokyo easier to navigate. I am pretty sure a good chunk of my time was spent trying to get around in 4.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Two mini bosses into Maitreya without any chance to restore mana in between is rather rude, game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's still a few cases where I'm like "what the gently caress is a Kansuiji" but in general, the navigation is much better. If it had navigation for challenge quests too, it'd be perfectly good.

Einwand posted:

Two mini bosses into Maitreya without any chance to restore mana in between is rather rude, game.

Gonna force you to use up those Chakra Pots, muddafugga :shepface:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 27, 2016

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Next batch of DLC is out, none of the story stuff yet sadly.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got my first Fiend today and holy poo poo is soul drain absurdly powerful. It's super broken with smile charge+concentrate.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I bought the Demon market DLC mostly out of curiosities sake and uh, wow. You can get a fully kitted out alice for only 10k macca. All the demons there are really good, wouldn't recommend buying unless you wanted it for NG+ or something because you'd just trivialize the whole game with a decent amount of macca.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Need some help on the first Krishna fight in Tsukiji Kongangji, my entire party succumbs to his charm, daze and bind spell that he casts every round. Do i just need to Sukukaja my team and hope for the best? Or is there a good strategy for dealing with charm/daze/bind spells?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not there yet but from the sounds of it having hallelujah as a partner would work

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hallelujah works yes

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like how you can level up and personally select your partner this time around. It's a good design decision.

EDIT: I always wondered what the hell the people in subterranean Tokyo ate. No sunlight for crops, no livestock... So, turns out, they eat demons.

Gonna have me some roasted floating pig tonight...

Speedball fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 27, 2016

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Speedball posted:

I like how you can level up and personally select your partner this time around. It's a good design decision.

EDIT: I always wondered what the hell the people in subterranean Tokyo ate. No sunlight for crops, no livestock... So, turns out, they eat demons.

Gonna have me some roasted floating pig tonight...

There was one set of people who ate beef. :)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so does the final dungeon have a ending to it? I'm seriously going insane in this loving stupid place and I'm worried if Persona 5 has anything this godawful then I might just outright skip that games final dungeon when it comes out. This awful music is killing me.

I've defeated Lucifer and Murks again and touched a red stone. Now a couple hours later it's asking me to go find all the red doors and I just know it's going to go "haha now find all the blue doors" after it and I'm actually not sure it's worth it.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so does the final dungeon have a ending to it? I'm seriously going insane in this loving stupid place and I'm worried if Persona 5 has anything this godawful then I might just outright skip that games final dungeon when it comes out. This awful music is killing me.

I've defeated Lucifer and Murks again and touched a red stone. Now a couple hours later it's asking me to go find all the red doors and I just know it's going to go "haha now find all the blue doors" after it and I'm actually not sure it's worth it.

You still have a few floors to go, enjoy.

Specifically, you're missing Metatron, Satan, and YHWH. Two or three more floors.

batteries! fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 27, 2016

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Cake Attack posted:

not there yet but from the sounds of it having hallelujah as a partner would work

With this simple change I beat him in one go. Thanks!

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I actually liked the music--it's a remix of the final boss music from SMT2 so it pressed the nostalgia buttons for me.

As for the dungeon, don't torture yourself--just use a map.

If it makes you feel any better, it was even worse before they patched it in the original Japanese version. Presumably you're getting the patched version with more checkpoints.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's the trick to fundraising? I'm doing the quest that wants me to make 50k Macca thru negotiation but demons have maybe a few hundred on them at any time.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

What's the trick to fundraising? I'm doing the quest that wants me to make 50k Macca thru negotiation but demons have maybe a few hundred on them at any time.

Cast Bind on them. Once bound, demons will be forced to fork over all the money they have at once. Probably also want to take the App that increases the amount you fundraise every time you do it.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
A random thought, I know in most games that let you set your stats/have stat builds trying to be good at everything is an objectively terrible idea, but does it work at all here doing a Balanced build? Not that I'm trying one this run, but just wondering if that'd make the game unreasonably hard or if there would be any merit to one at all for the indecisive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inverted Sphere posted:

A random thought, I know in most games that let you set your stats/have stat builds trying to be good at everything is an objectively terrible idea, but does it work at all here doing a Balanced build? Not that I'm trying one this run, but just wondering if that'd make the game unreasonably hard or if there would be any merit to one at all for the indecisive.

Nope. Specialization will always be better. At best you can argue a balanced build can maintain both physical and magic abilities for weakness hitting but you can do that with a non-specialized build and also hit your enemies like a truck.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. Specialization will always be better. At best you can argue a balanced build can maintain both physical and magic abilities for weakness hitting but you can do that with a non-specialized build and also hit your enemies like a truck.

That makes sense then, is it better to do 2 Damage 2 Agility 1 luck, or would 3 Damage 1 Agility 1 Luck be better?

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Inverted Sphere posted:

Yeah it's OK doing that. They dole out incenses like candy so you're absolutely fine doing a balanced build if you want. You can fill all the bars on the status screen to maximum on a single character without doing NG+ if you have the right equipment. (Though that's not the maximum level, that's only like 200 to the stat maximum of 999)

You'll probably have it easier focusing on a handful of stats but you don't have to, and you certainly don't have to actively neglect any stats.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inverted Sphere posted:

That makes sense then, is it better to do 2 Damage 2 Agility 1 luck, or would 3 Damage 1 Agility 1 Luck be better?

You absolutely want your damage stat to go up significantly more than anything else if just because that begins to pay off a lot better.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Inverted Sphere posted:

I did 3ma/1agi/1luck and never had any problems with my agility being too low.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Speedball posted:

Cast Bind on them. Once bound, demons will be forced to fork over all the money they have at once. Probably also want to take the App that increases the amount you fundraise every time you do it.

I went ahead and got the DLC, do now I have all the apps I should have gotten instead of booster. Yayyy.

This final dungeon freaks me the gently caress out.

Edit: No, seriously, why the gently caress is this place so huge???

Genpei Turtle posted:

I actually liked the music--it's a remix of the final boss music from SMT2 so it pressed the nostalgia buttons for me.

As for the dungeon, don't torture yourself--just use a map.

If it makes you feel any better, it was even worse before they patched it in the original Japanese version. Presumably you're getting the patched version with more checkpoints.

Oh my god :gonk:

At least that's a pretty cool note about the music. I had a feeling that was the case!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man, I see why Fusion Booster is maybe a bit of a trap. I'm like level 83 and can fuse anyone up to level 89, and there's basically gently caress all I can make. All the demons past this point are either special unlocks, Fiends or level 95+.

Oh well, it carried me through a lot of the game

• Locked thread