Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Hbk put Vince into a trash can and elbow dropped him off of a ladder through a table.

The entire living Hart family assaulted Vince for 15 minutes while the fans and announcers cheering at the start progressively got more uncomfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

The entire living Hart family assaulted Vince for 15 minutes while the fans and announcers cheering at the start progressively got more uncomfortable

But that's the thing if anyone deserved it it was Vince. Stephanie deserves something to happen to her too character wise, but it won't so she will continue to run around and belittle everyone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think Steph is playing a character. She is just being herself and that's what makes it more infuriating. She belittles people because she has massive insecurities.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sam bradford lmao posted:

I don't think Steph is playing a character. She is just being herself and that's what makes it more infuriating. She belittles people because she has massive insecurities.
You misspelled "implants" and I don't know what that has to do with anything.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I wish instead of booing or poo poo like "CM PUNK", the crowd would just drown out Stephanie with "BORING" chants.

I'm sure Stephanie is under the delusion that she's a good heel (or face for THE DIVAS REVOLUTION). She needs to be informed that she's killing the show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feel like during those years away from TV Stephanie spent her free time wacthing Game of Thrones and thinking, "This Cersei lady has too many redeeming qualities. ".

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CobiWann posted:

Someone who is legit good at what he does, says things like "I eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast" and "And Grizzly Adams had a beard," has a best friend who probably like Sizzler and Red Lobster, and provides a perfect heel foil for the good guys.

Also, most likely to buy Sami Zayn's house for real estate speculation.

your analogy falls apart because Sami Zayn can't be Happy Gilmore, Happy Gilmore was talented

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Weird thought maybe- but I was thinking about how heels get over and modern fan reactions. The WWE main roster has had this problem for a while- their heels are either so over that fans don't really boo them, or they're just dead ends. Sometimes this gets laid on the booking, other times on the fans being too smart or not playing their part in the program.

I was thinking though- NXT has been pretty successful in keeping their heels as heels it seems, right? The fans there know Samoa Joe and they know he's a great wrestler- but they play him as a bad guy and the fans boo him. They let Kevin Owens get some funny quips in, but they also played him right against Sami Zayn and the fans reacted appropriately. Has there been a recent situation where NXT hasn't been able to get a heel over as a heel? What's their secret?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT isn't perfect with heels. People will still cheer Aries and Roode, for example.

But Joe and Owens got over as heels because they were vicious toward beloved faces.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

What's their secret?

not having to write three hours of show and steph segments

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
rusev is awesome he's believably strong, he sells extremely well, and he plays a good heel

but the roman matches are all poo poo because we all knew THE BIG DAWG was going to win so what was the point, you're just making rusev look like poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if roman and steph disappeared from this plane of existence raw would probably be able to compete with smackdown for the title of 2nd best show

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

NXT isn't perfect with heels. People will still cheer Aries and Roode, for example.

But Joe and Owens got over as heels because they were vicious toward beloved faces.

No wonder it doesn't work on raw, there are no beloved faces

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Raw is really weird right now when you think about the top faces.

Roman - competing for US title
Seth - I guess is a face now? Main evented the last PPV in face role at least
?????? -

Then it's a hard dropoff into Cesaro/Midcard territory. Am I missing someone obvious? SmackDown Live! has 3 obvious top faces in Cena, Ambrose, and Orton. Raw technically has Brock but it's silly to factor him into roster depth.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im watching Holy Foly and holy crap is bad but when Mick sees the Hell in a Cell my heart broke. Im too harsh on the guy, i wish he is happy. Also im in love with Becky Lynch.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I am an Oney LArkin fan. I don't even know if that's how his name is spelled.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hope Cesaro/sheamus is a new day stopgap and don't do the begrudgingly learn to respect one another thing because he already did that with Tyson Kidd in a much quicker and subtle fashion.

Plus Cesaro/Kidd is my OTP and I don't want to see him win tag titles with anyone else

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

?????? -

Then it's a hard dropoff into Cesaro/Midcard territory. Am I missing someone obvious? SmackDown Live! has 3 obvious top faces in Cena, Ambrose, and Orton. Raw technically has Brock but it's silly to factor him into roster depth.

WWE can't book babyfaces and it's hilarious.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
People say it's hard to buy Roman as a good guy, but Rollins is a spoiled dweeb who is mad that his gravy train ran out. All he's missing is an Elvis jump suit and a Duck's rear end.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

People say it's hard to buy Roman as a good guy, but Rollins is a spoiled dweeb who is mad that his gravy train ran out. All he's missing is an Elvis jump suit and a Duck's rear end.

good thing they brought him back as a heel just in time for roman to get suspended and gently caress everything up

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Minidust posted:

?????? -

Smackdown has the opposite problem to Raw though, you have 3 strong faces and then on the heel side the dropoff after AJ is hilarious.

The Miz? Bound to the midcard until he drops the strap, and he should in no way drop it anytime soon.
Bray Wyatt? Dolph Ziggler (eventually)? Baron Corbin? No one cares.

I almost wish you could somehow take the rosters of both shows and like somehow combine them into one unified roster. You could then have wrestlers from both shows fight one another, which might create some fresh and interesting matchups. Also you wouldn't have two incredibly anemic tag and womens' divisions. I don't know if it'd ever be possible, just something to think about

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JT Smiley posted:

Exactly, Austin vs McMahon worked because it was the common man overcoming his evil boss. But modern day Stephanie is just a unstoppable evil force that shits all over everyone regardless of any real consistent logic. The only person to ever stand up to her was Brie Bella and she loving lost the feud.

Dusty stood up to her, and ended up getting into trouble for doing it.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I think Rusev could legit turn baby face with Lana and be the top guy in the company, but I'm a mark for everything he does

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

good thing they brought him back as a heel just in time for roman to get suspended and gently caress everything up

I'm not one of those guys who said it woulda made sense or been good for him to return as a face, but if he was gonna be anyway he probably should have. Right now he's kinda a dick but his match with Triple H will probably be hot and I'll enjoy it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Davros1 posted:

Dusty stood up to her, and Cody ended up getting into trouble for doing it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I'm not one of those guys who said it woulda made sense or been good for him to return as a face, but if he was gonna be anyway he probably should have. Right now he's kinda a dick but his match with Triple H will probably be hot and I'll enjoy it.

the weirdest thing was that 'documentary' they released right before he came back, i think making him still be heel was a vince decision five minutes before the show started

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Smackdown has the opposite problem to Raw though, you have 3 strong faces and then on the heel side the dropoff after AJ is hilarious.

The Miz? Bound to the midcard until he drops the strap, and he should in no way drop it anytime soon.
Bray Wyatt? Dolph Ziggler (eventually)? Baron Corbin? No one cares.

I almost wish you could somehow take the rosters of both shows and like somehow combine them into one unified roster. You could then have wrestlers from both shows fight one another, which might create some fresh and interesting matchups. Also you wouldn't have two incredibly anemic tag and womens' divisions. I don't know if it'd ever be possible, just something to think about

If only they had a source of ready, talented wrestlers to pull from, to help fill their ranks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ParanoidInc posted:

I think Rusev could legit turn baby face with Lana and be the top guy in the company, but I'm a mark for everything he does

Rusev and Lana have so much chemistry that they could probably make anything (not involving Ziggler) work.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

8P: 2.85 Million
9P: 2.381 Million
10P: 2.203 Million

2.2 million or so is the base

The debate got at least 83.7 million

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vertical Lime posted:

Those numbers are over 9000!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vertical Lime posted:

Going against a debate and a football game where like eighty points were scored that's not awful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope the daniel bryan tweets begging to put Cesaro on SD lead to something but now he'll probably be loving locked in to a tag title. If they really need heels then just put Rusev on SD since they need heels and he's already proven he can work with guys like Cena, plus I wanna see him beat the poo poo out of Ambrose.

It'll never happen but I'd still like to see Zayn v. Styles before the year is up. Isn't Survivor Series technically a brand versus brand thing still, or no?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Davros1 posted:

Dusty stood up to her, and ended up dying

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Dusty was good.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Looks like Raw w/ Kevin Owens as champ is doing just fine at the moment.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

Looking forward to SmackDown beating RAW in the ratings this week

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Looking forward to SmackDown beating RAW in the ratings this week

speaking of it, is there a reason why RAW gets or has hourly breakdowns but smackdown is always just one number?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vertical Lime posted:

Nosedived after the first hour.

The Big Draw, Roman Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

speaking of it, is there a reason why RAW gets or has hourly breakdowns but smackdown is always just one number?

They may technically be three separate 1 hour shows, which is why you see the copyright at the top of every hour. But Smackdown is just one 2 hour show for some reason.

• Locked thread