Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

capitalism is good because it puts the richest minds in our society at work on important problems like leaving the planet that they ruined instead of fixing it

the first man on mars will pop a bottle of champagne while standing on the bones of the labourers who made it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Vicas posted:

capitalism is good because it puts the richest minds in our society at work on important problems like leaving the planet that they ruined instead of fixing it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Vicas posted:

gary johnson (libertarian candidate for pres) literally made this argument when asked about the impacts of global warming

he also noted that eventually the sun will die and swallow the earth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

gary johnson (libertarian candidate for pres) literally made this argument when asked about the impacts of global warming

not quickly enough imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

he then went on to say we should build more coal plants

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

he then went on to say we should build more coal plants

nah. additional pylons, imo

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
remember folks, let's not go all sunk cost fallacy on the earth, maybe we just need a fresh start, we promise we'll be better with mars

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

nah. additional pylons, imo

if the free market wanted additional pylons, there would be additional pylons, ergo

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
the pylons already exist you just request and teleport them in as needed therefore i dont remember where i was going with this

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

a guy at my work has celiac disease and he basically only eats dirt and rocks, and hes buff as gently caress and old too but still rly buff. crazy poo poo... hes epic as hell basically.

gluten free and paleo are practically the same thing and paleo will make you buff as hell. my parents did paleo and now its really creepy how buff they are

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how does paleo make you buff

is it like that all-bacon diet the powerlifter mod in w&w who couldn't run for 30 seconds was all about where you just eat nothing but meat and roots

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

elon musk is an idiot who thinks all we need to o to make mars habitable is to nuke the poles

deus mechanicus will provide

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

GameCube posted:

gluten free and paleo are practically the same thing and paleo will make you buff as hell. my parents did paleo and now its really creepy how buff they are

Thinking about the buff mom and dad and our friend werthog (slouching, miserable, world-weary and his nongender bae sitting at the dinner table and I'm laughing. Werthog is the best poster in YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
or is it like the raw food people where taking bites outta bloody room temp beef and eating a lemon like an apple get you jacked until the tapeworms become too painful

i feel like i could handle a tapeworm for awhile

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

is it like that all-bacon diet the powerlifter mod in w&w who couldn't run for 30 seconds was all about where you just eat nothing but meat and roots

Via wikipedia:

quote:

In the original description of the paleo diet in Cordain's 2002 book, he advocated eating as much like Paleolithic people as possible, which meant:[16]

55% of daily calories from seafood and lean meat, evenly divided
15% of daily calories from each of fruits, vegetables, and nuts and seeds
no dairy, almost no grains (which Cordain described as "starvation food" for Paleolithic people), no added salt, no added sugar

basically low carb diet but with tons of protein

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like my in n out burgers animal style with chopped chilies, fries light well and an extra large Diet Coke with light ice.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Werthog wife screaming incoherently for no reason and weeping while he blankly stares into space as mom and dad do epic curls and overhead presses in the beautiful sun drenched foyer.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what the gently caress does light well mean

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a "paleolithic" diet implies that you don't eat any refined sugars or fats or processed grains, so you're gonna get lean pretty quickly all other things being equal.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

what the gently caress does light well mean

sucking my dick well lightly

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
idea: let all he rich people go to mars, then seize the means of production.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

fits my needs posted:

I like my in n out burgers animal style with chopped chilies, fries light well and an extra large Diet Coke with light ice.

will you be eating in the car?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Werthog so house poor he sits on a nearly completely disintegrated side-of-the-road couch in an otherwise empty room a block away from Tori. He stares dejectedly at the floor as his wife angrily fills an adult coloring book and his buff dad, shirtless and glistening with a fine sheen of saccharine sweat installs an in-window a/c unit.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

computer parts posted:

Via wikipedia:

basically low carb diet but with tons of protein

lol we've had dairy and salt longer than agriculture by a lot

what nonsense

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol we've had dairy and salt longer than agriculture by a lot

what nonsense

well yeah the guy who made it up just thought paleo and caveman sounded like cool names for a diet

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
light well fries is how i order mine as well.

it's basically cook them more than normal, but not well done, so on a 5 point scale, they're a 4 instead of a 3 (normal) and 5 (well done).

Malpenix Blonia
Nov 27, 2004

p

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Smythe posted:

Werthog so house poor he sits on a nearly completely disintegrated side-of-the-road couch in an otherwise empty room a block away from Tori. He stares dejectedly at the floor as his wife angrily fills an adult coloring book and his buff dad, shirtless and glistening with a fine sheen of saccharine sweat installs an in-window a/c unit.

Haha you're weird but allright in my book Smythe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

well yeah the guy who made it up just thought paleo and caveman sounded like cool names for a diet

bog butter

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

will you be eating in the car?

what kind of animal eats in their car. either take it home or eat it inside.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anybody who says that they eat paleo but don't spend every waking moment killing animals, sucking marrow, and foraging for berries is a goddamn liar rear end in a top hat

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the first man on mars will pop a bottle of champagne while standing on the bones of the labourers who made it happen

And the laborers tortured souls animate Mars to recreate that scene on the surface of Hellstar Remina

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

95% of humanity will be wiped out by a bacterial pandemic before a human steps foot on mars

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The idea would be to launch a fleet of spaceships at once to maximize the cargo and passenger capacity for a trip to Mars. It would be “kind of like Battlestar Galactica, if you’ve seen that thing,” Musk noted. “Good show.”

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
he's such a nerdy, relatable billionaire, he knows that show

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

The idea would be to launch a fleet of spaceships at once to maximize the cargo and passenger capacity for a trip to Mars. It would be “kind of like Battlestar Galactica, if you’ve seen that thing,” Musk noted. “Good show.”

oh cool so at the end the ruined husks of ships basically come back to earth?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Analytic Engine posted:

And the laborers tortured souls animate Mars to recreate that scene on the surface of Hellstar Remina

what is this anime poo poo

start the reactor quaid, its powered by soylent farts

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
why don't they just loving tow mars into a lunar orbit (on the other side) so we can get there in like 3 days instead of 3 years, idiots.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
why don't they just colonise the sahara first, it'd be way easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/02/fresh-jets-fresh-trips-timmy-wozniak-felony-theft/

Startup resells vacations, CEO steals credit card.

quote:

“I was sitting there thinking: ‘Hey, this kid is doing really well. Good for him,’ ” Digby said.

Then Digby started seeing unexplained charges on his platinum American Express bill. Big charges: $23,000, $16,000, $18,000.

Rudest Buddhist fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 28, 2016

• Locked thread