Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ferremit posted:

Better half goes in today for a minor surgical procedure, but won't be out of hospital till Friday. To say I'm worried is an understatement

Statistically, you're more at risk driving to and from the hospital than they are being in there* - so don't worry about it

(* probably not true, but it sounds reassuring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I just can't get it together, I miss him so much. It's like the heart was torn right out of me. I'm so lost. He helped me through such tough times, and now he's gone. I wish I could've saved him.

->Taco & me, shitposting, why my username was Taco Box

-> I'm real tired of your poo poo right now with this stupid bow tie.

e: you guys are better than my facebook friends. I didn't know I could feel pain this deep, and you guys have been so nice. Thank you :unsmith:
e2: my Dad hasn't even texted or called or anything about this. He knows Taco was my Son. He just pesters me about stuff he wants fixed on his website. My Wife is telling me to just be raw and tell my Mom that he pretty much doesn't give a poo poo.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 28, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
He was a great cat, BloodBag. You can tell from the pictures.

I'm stunned you managed to get a bow tie on that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Shitpost forever.

Also oh gently caress I need to pay to change it back. This was a genius moneymaking idea.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
After over ten years, I was ready for a new screen name. It is not the worst ever and may motivate me a little more in the end...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So close to Primordial Forums Cancer.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

They didn't get to mine yet...

the suspense

e: gently caress

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 28, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

sigtrap posted:

Ugh, my dog is almost 17. Still doing fine and acting happy but I'm not sure how much longer he's got and when he's gone I got nothing.

My dog is 17 almost 18, the other is 7 but she's a big dog.

I loving hate it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lol.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

what even ARE you posted:

Shitpost forever.

Also oh gently caress I need to pay to change it back. This was a genius moneymaking idea.
Best one yet imo I would keep it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Still haven't got to mine yet :ohdear:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Still haven't got to mine yet :ohdear:

uhhhhh.... HAHAHA

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Well, this is certainly a name

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Huh. I wonder what the turnaround time is on it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Well played gibbis, another $8 for Lowtax's GT-R's gastank :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Changed it already? I think I'll keep mine for awhile :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Welp, i did the thing. Nothing good can come from this.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yeah, I was hoping for one of the ones from the first page like 'military cervix' or 'food court bailiff' but I think he's run out of creative juice, so standard username it is.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I liked yours

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So I'm compiling a list of poo poo my RX7 needs that I can look at doing over the winter to stave off insanity, electrical poo poo has ended up with its own separate list at this point

-Backlighting on instrument panel doesn’t work
-Add washer fluid light constantly on
-Clock’s VFD cuts in and out randomly, mostly is dim
-Heater is stuck on
-Security system, who the gently caress knows what it’s doing
-Wipers don’t work on intermittent speed
-Sunroof doesn’t open (may not be electrical)
-Stop light warning comes on whenever brakes are hit
-Passenger side rear actuator for active suspension is pooched
-Oil pressure gauge doesn't work

At least the engine works :smithicide:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Better half goes in today for a minor surgical procedure, but won't be out of hospital till Friday. To say I'm worried is an understatement

I was a mess when my wife went in for a gallbladder removal and it took about 3x as long as predicted without receiving any updates at all. Everything went fine but the reason for the delay turned out to be that because it had been misdiagnosed by multiple doctors for so long (chest wall injury? really?) that it nearly required converting from a laparoscopic procedure to the much more involved open version. It thus turned into a two or three day hospital stay instead of the one that was planned.

BloodBag posted:

I just can't get it together, I miss him so much. It's like the heart was torn right out of me. I'm so lost. He helped me through such tough times, and now he's gone. I wish I could've saved him.

Every pet is a future tragedy, but the love in between is worth it and then some. Condolences.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

I was a mess when my wife went in for a gallbladder removal and it took about 3x as long as predicted without receiving any updates at all. Everything went fine but the reason for the delay turned out to be that because it had been misdiagnosed by multiple doctors for so long (chest wall injury? really?) that it nearly required converting from a laparoscopic procedure to the much more involved open version. It thus turned into a two or three day hospital stay instead of the one that was planned.

Exact thing happened to my wife, diagnosed with ulcers multiple times, and ended up with emergency gallbladder removal when she collapsed in pain on the floor one day. Could have killed her if she hadn't made it to the emergency room when she did.....My son was 3 years old at the time and was contemplating life without my wife and my son without a mother, it was not good there for a bit.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

BloodBag posted:

nothing to do but let it come, don't worry about the people that don't understand just appreciate those that do. There's a million platitudes I could quote to try and make you feel better, but all that really matters is that you loved him, he loved you and you made the most of the time you had together. Just let that bring you some peace when it's hurting too much if you can, that's all you can do.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery. Surgeon was a champ. When I came too as they were finishing he said "hey Slidebite! It went really well! Here's your gall bladder (stuck it in front of my face) and I also fixed your belly button for ya!" Made me an innie instead of an outtie. :)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oh man, gall bladder pain is so terrible. Feels like you got shot right in the stomach but without the entry wound. Haven't had it in about a year, as long as I don't eat too much greasy food it stays away but I know I should get the surgery eventually.

Sorry bloodbag. Where are the pictures of your new kitty? (ps go adopt a lonely kitty and both of your lives will improve :3:)

If I lived alone I would probably be like Kenneth in 30 rock and adopt all the puppers. They're halfway through building a giant SPCA not a half mile from my house, next summer hopefully I'll be volunteering for dog walking or whatever they need.

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 28, 2016

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Beverly Cleavage posted:

welp. GBS is back. I done did a thing...

I saw the announcement. I also saw the thread. I feared and turned away from posting.

Took the family to see the movie Storks. As a parent of young children and looking to add one more there was a moment that squeezed me right in the feelings. Good movie, and better was that my youngest sat through it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well this new name is certainly a thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wonder if FAU understood what he was signing up for with that thread

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Yeah she's in for a pilonidal sinus excision and reconstruction so baring a post op infection not much can really go wrong but it's still gnawing at me. I'm sitting here 5hrs after admission and still haven't got news of whether she's out or what room she's in so... yeah.

Also, don't google "pilonidal sinus" like my idiot of a boss did...

Im having to take time off work to be a carer for her but for the first week or two she's practically bed ridden- going to the toilet or shower is a massive effort and two person job. It was meant to be an "in wed morning, discharged thurs afternoon" thing but now they're going to keep her an extra day I've rejigged my leave arrangements to go into work tomorrow. One because otherwise I'll spend all day sitting at home worrying and two because we're about to be smashed by what is essentially a cyclone akin Adelaide it's going to be all hands on deck for disaster management at work

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLxrojmvMg
Was thinking about changing my name anyway, if this one sucks I'll change it to some AvE catchphrase or other

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tommychu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLxrojmvMg
Was thinking about changing my name anyway, if this one sucks I'll change it to some AvE catchphrase or other

Voting for "Jean Guy Is My Uncle", if that's not too long.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

We also went and saw "the secret life of pets" last night. Oh god that's a funny movie- if you've got pets or ever HAD pets, go watch it!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

We have relatives (NOT MY SIDE) moving from the Caribbean back to Canada next weekend. The wife refuses to put the 2 cats in the cargo hold so she and her husband are putting them in carriers and bringing them in the cabin for the entire flight from SXM-YYZ-YYC.

I completely expect to hear a news story Sunday morning about the flight where passengers can't take it anymore and either outright kill the 2 wailing cats or attempt to throw them out an emergency exit at FL35.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
They usually get scared and clam up. It has to be terrifying.

My dogs made cargo trips from FL to Guam, and then back along with a cat we aquired. I felt loving horrible for doing it to them and cried like a bitch when we dropped them off, so I can't blame her.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BloodBag posted:

->Taco & me, shitposting, why my username was Taco Box

-> I'm real tired of your poo poo right now with this stupid bow tie.

e: you guys are better than my facebook friends. I didn't know I could feel pain this deep, and you guys have been so nice. Thank you :unsmith:
e2: my Dad hasn't even texted or called or anything about this. He knows Taco was my Son. He just pesters me about stuff he wants fixed on his website. My Wife is telling me to just be raw and tell my Mom that he pretty much doesn't give a poo poo.

I completely understand how much a cat can mean to someone. I still have days I miss the Big Black Bastard aka Stig. 11kgs of big black bastard cat, I was the only human he generally allowed to approach. Got me through my divorce and gently caress I hate he's gone.

But on the other hand I wouldnt swap what time I had with him for loving anything and that does make me grin stupidly.

redgubbinz posted:

Yeah, I was hoping for one of the ones from the first page like 'military cervix' or 'food court bailiff' but I think he's run out of creative juice, so standard username it is.

Actually in combination of the present AV, it's loving BRILLIANT. It really does sound like Clarkson is yelling that.

That's even better!

I was going to change mine back after a year (You know, the whole Mad Max thing of course...) buuuuut.... I rather like it now and I've chaged other forums to suit as as well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slidebite posted:

We have relatives (NOT MY SIDE) moving from the Caribbean back to Canada next weekend. The wife refuses to put the 2 cats in the cargo hold so she and her husband are putting them in carriers and bringing them in the cabin for the entire flight from SXM-YYZ-YYC.

I completely expect to hear a news story Sunday morning about the flight where passengers can't take it anymore and either outright kill the 2 wailing cats or attempt to throw them out an emergency exit at FL35.

I've taken cats on 2 day road trips and on planes. They usually freak out for a few hours at first but then calm down and stay quiet. By the time I had gotten to the airport he was over it already and was nice and quiet for the plane ride. It really not that bad, most cats travel ok unless you have a basket case cat which is entirely possible.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My cat had about enough of the camera last night.

Also brb going to the GBS name change thread

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I hope you guys are right but I suspect not in this case. They flew with one of them before. He was supposedly very, uh, vocal.

Also, how did you guys get so lucky with traveling cats? I never have. When I got transferred 9 years ago we had a 12 hour drive when we were moving and my 2 jerks just loving yowled for the entire trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maybe I got lucky then. In total, 3 different cats I traveled with and neither one of them made much of a stink.

• Locked thread