Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alkydere posted:

Which makes Trump whining about her spending millions of dollars on ad buys even more hilarious because he whined about her saying mean things about him that "just aren't true".

Fucker, they come from your own mouth. :allears:

Her cracking open the op ed file is the death blow. At least I'm assuming that's the miss universe things origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm a lot less concerned about the media affecting that debate performance. 80 million people, over 60% of the number of ballots cast in 2012, watched that train derailment live and no amount of critiquing the wreckage as not being twisted and burnt enough is going to lead any significant number of people to go "hmmm, maybe Trump is a competent locomotive operator after all!"

I'm not especially worries, either. Especially as the closest to an equivocating narrative is 'But was it a DECISIVE victory', not questioning if she won, or even that Trump was awful.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Crow Jane posted:

It probably doesn't matter much, considering reality itself is an Onion article this year, but I really hope Saturday Night Live comes out swinging with the political stuff. I like the Weekend Update guys and hope they do well with the bounty Trump's given them

SNL can gently caress off forever for giving Trump a platform

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Alkydere posted:

Which makes Trump whining about her spending millions of dollars on ad buys even more hilarious because he whined about her saying mean things about him that "just aren't true".

Fucker, they come from your own mouth. :allears:

I was honestly disappointed Hillary didn't point that out. I mean, it should be obvious, but this is a weird year.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Lawrence O'Donnel, and to a lesser extent, Rachael Maddow are so loving insufferable to listen too.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

William F Cuckley posted:

it's been running in nc since last week

I want to say it's been at least a couple weeks in Florida.

Crow Jane posted:

I was honestly disappointed Hillary didn't point that out. I mean, it should be obvious, but this is a weird year.

I'm more surprised that pointing it out hasn't been a go to joke from Late Night. Maybe it'll take a couple days or so for them to digest the debate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So do you think Trump actually believes he won the debate or is this just spin control?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So do you think Trump actually believes he won the debate or is this just spin control?

Has he ever admitted to losing or being wrong? He honestly believes it, I'd be willing to bet

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I live in New York so I'm close to useless here, but I got in touch with some Dems in Philly who will put me to work either this weekend or next. Still some time to get people registered in PA, which is my preferred mode of activism.

I know the presidential race is predetermined in PA as well but the Senate is wide open - McGinty will be leaning hard on straight ticket Democrats. She doesn't exactly have star power.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Did Trump say that a woman had a fat cock?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think he believes he won due to those dumb brigaded on-line polls, but that at the same time he's mad as hell because the media is mostly saying he lost.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think he believes he won. But nobody else in the inner circle of his campaign believes it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'd assume they always ask both candidates

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

climboutonalimb posted:

According to this release, today was a big fundraising day for trump. Candidate gives worst debate performance in modern politics and then his supporters throw MORE money at him after he brags about how he's not spending any on ads? These people are clearly morons but holy hell look at those "team names"

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/780936448505745408

Think about how many people throw money away over and over again in the lottery. This is kind of the same thing.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
I can't deal with undecided voters:

quote:

“I’d rather have almost anybody in there except Hillary,” said Debbie Windle, a 63-year-old office administrator from Glenmoore. “I didn’t like her last night. I thought she was smug. She thought she was better and was putting him down.

Barb Haag of West Chester, a retired teacher of the emotionally disturbed, said Mr. Trump’s interruptions did not bother her. “Kids interrupt you all the time if they have a point to make,” she said.

“His manner of speaking was thorough, to the point; I liked the way he sounded,” said Ms. Haag, 69, who said she was leaning toward voting for Mr. Trump.

Ms. Gray said she still planned to vote for Mr. Trump, however, because of his business success and his support for law enforcement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/u...WT.nav=top-news

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That and for being unfunny.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GalacticAcid posted:

I live in New York so I'm close to useless here, but I got in touch with some Dems in Philly who will put me to work either this weekend or next. Still some time to get people registered in PA, which is my preferred mode of activism.

I know the presidential race is predetermined in PA as well but the Senate is wide open - McGinty will be leaning hard on straight ticket Democrats. She doesn't exactly have star power.

You can donate too if you've got the cash.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He absolutely lies to himself. It's why he was so pissed immediately after the debate when everyone was saying he lost. He didn't seem to calm down until things like the "CBS Poll" appeared and suddenly everyone agreed he was big league winning. It took a while for the world to conform to his reality, and that hour of so of dissonance was torture.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think he knows he lost because he tried to pull out the "it was a bad mic/headset" excuse just like he did with the David Duke fiasco. It's a way for him to acknowledge the loss without actually owning it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Gyges posted:

I'm more surprised that pointing it out hasn't been a go to joke from Late Night. Maybe it'll take a couple days or so for them to digest the debate.

To be fair, I think it will take a lot of people a few days to digest the debate.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Her cracking open the op ed file is the death blow. At least I'm assuming that's the miss universe things origin.

I bet she, and Kaine, have a few other little cherries set up for Trump, and Pence, during the debates. Just sweet little things to say to their faces where their handlers can't hide from them.

Well Pence is probably smart enough to not take the bait, but as we saw Trump is physically and mentally incapable of not immediately reaching for any bait with his tiny, grabby hands and swallowing it down hook, line and sucker.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ZobarStyl posted:

She's spent three decades getting dragged through the mud and come out all but sparkling

That's a bit of a stretch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd assume they always ask both candidates

This was during the primary

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Cmon now you picked out the bad in an article about women mostly hating Trump last night.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crow Jane posted:

That reminds me, do the Hillary's Health Truthers have anything to say about the sniffles? I saw Omarosa telling Entertainment Tonight's reporter that she hadn't noticed anything :allears:

Lol of course she'd pretend not to notice coke sniffles.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Well Pence is probably smart enough to not take the bait, but as we saw Trump is physically and mentally incapable of not immediately reaching for any bait with his tiny, grabby hands and swallowing it down hook, line and sucker.

Pence thought Mulan was feminist propaganda made up by Disney. Pence is smarter than Trump, but lets not pretend that makes him actually smart.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Barb Haag of West Chester, a retired teacher of the emotionally disturbed, said Mr. Trump’s interruptions did not bother her. “Kids interrupt you all the time if they have a point to make,” she said.
does that lady not realize that you shouldn't be able to compare the president to an emotionally disturbed child, or

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

^^^^^^^^^^ ugh gently caress off with your fast posting

quote:

“His manner of speaking was thorough, to the point; I liked the way he sounded,” said Ms. Haag, 69, who said she was leaning toward voting for Mr. Trump.

So close. She's soooooo close.

edit: Just got a text from my mom after working the phones for 4-5 hours. "Only spoke to a few people. It was kind of boring. gently caress him. She has to win!!!!!" oh mom :allears:

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 28, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

It'd be truly amazing to see each debate end with something of that magnitude. I wonder if people would get outrage fatigue from Khan-grade meltdowns from Trump or if it'd manage to just tank him back down under 40% like during that feud. I really want to see a 6+ point Clinton victory since that could potentially help down ticket and she really needs a Dem Senate at the very least.

It'd be equally amazing to see Trump spend the next debate constantly playing the "look how mean Crooked Hilary is" stuff over and over like a whiny baby.

Those aren't undecided voters. Hell they're probably straight-ticket voters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alkydere posted:

Pence seems like a true believer in his horrible positions. Kaine can get Pence to hang himself if he can get the phrasing just right. It's not like Pence is even among the smartest of America's most terrible governors.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Endorph posted:

does that lady not realize that you shouldn't be able to compare the president to an emotionally disturbed child, or

I think it's a long-fused intentional burn. Someone should buy her an account.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I always forget that the best part of elections is being exposed to the thoughts of Americans who are literally the dumbest people ever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Koalas March posted:

So I guess I'll make my black women in media thread tomorrow since people asked about it. Mostly because the Flash thread in TVIV is kinda appalling right now. People are literally mocking a little black girl for identifying with the black leading lady.

What? I stopped watching the show when it got bad towards the end of season 2 but Candace is dreamy and once they stopped writing her with dumb plots she was good :confused:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hey y'all I'm not shy about advertising my own thread so check out the latest freep thread posts. It's about a theory where Bill gave a hooker and Hillary AIDS.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Pence thought Mulan was feminist propaganda made up by Disney. Pence is smarter than Trump, but lets not pretend that makes him actually smart.

I want Kaine to play a harmonica riff every time Pence lies about something

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm for Kaine out-Jesusing Pence to a hilarious degree. I mean Pence looks like the least enjoyable houseguest ever and Tim looks like the guy who'd bring over some of the most bangin' macaroni you'd ever tasted and always shows up with a couple extra bags of ice for the cooler. Nobody ever asks him to bring ice but he's such a good guy he brings it because you know you'll need to ice that cooler later when nobody wants to go to the store. Because that's what Jesus would do.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
^^^^Kaine and Pence's Christian bases don't necessarily overlap. Center-of-left social issue project mainline Christians/Catholics and Fundamentalist Evangelicals don't generally tend to get along that well.

LOWERING EXPECTATIONS!

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/780943462430568448

Scroll up for more "Do we really have to fact-check trump" musings

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 28, 2016

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did Trump say that a woman had a fat cock?
The bleeped word is "rear end," and bleeping that is ridiculous.

Edit: I thought it was gonna be "fat oval office"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I like how the website says "They have promised to consider the top 30 questions"

like, good luck fuckers

I guess the city of Austin is going to have to rename their dump, then. vOv

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Moon posted:

What? I stopped watching the show when it got bad towards the end of season 2 but Candace is dreamy and once they stopped writing her with dumb plots she was good :confused:

They never wrote her with good plots tho. There's nothing wrong with the character, but all of her stories, from "her adopted brother has secretly desperately wanted to gently caress her for 15 years" to "her boss admits he only hired her because she's connected to the flash, this results in no changes or character arc for her at all" to "She asks that same boss out on a date, he says no, once again nothing happens because of it" have been terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Arggghhh Ohio why are you polling Trump

• Locked thread