Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Miz is loving majestic and Dolph Ziggler is good. That's my hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Miz will forever earn my love and adoration if he sends Ziggler packing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Bray goes all in on his new Escape the Room entrepreneur gimmick.

"You have to find the numbers that correspond to three combination locks, Randy. Only then can you find the clue that helps you open the safe. If you need a hint, press the call button. BUT BEWARE, RANDY! It will dock your final score!"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Miz is on the run of his loving life and truly makes SDL must-see. Ziggler has a "passionate loser" gimmick and there will be little or no payoff for ending his losing streak, especially when the stakes aren't even that much higher (thanks, 2 years of HIGH STAKES YouTube promos). That story fails to serve both guys - Miz loses his nuclear heat and Dolph is left as the same stale, confused, nothing character. With a newly relevant belt that will fail to rub on him and will lose its luster.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I hope Bray sets up a Legends Of The Hidden Temple maze for Randy, seeing as how he's a god and all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Miz will forever earn my love and adoration if he sends Ziggler packing

Put him in the HOF tbh

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Watched Talking Smack. John Cena owns

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Talking Smack owns

https://streamable.com/ej1j

John Cena posted:

Dean Ambrose said John Cena and Dean Ambrose don’t like each other. No. Dean Ambrose doesn’t like John Cena. John Cena doesn’t care about Dean Ambrose.

I need a gif of Zandig screaming JEEZUS. just loving Savage

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Isn't it cool when a wrestling show does simple good wrestling booking and you become invested in the wrestlers?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mizdad getting a "Mr. Hero" chant was great. I really wish I liked watching Miz wrestle more.

I'm really surprised at how strongly they're building Carmella. She keeps getting one over on the veteran. Though I kind of wish they'd make it more about Nikki being a relic of the Divas division and how her style of WWE hiring models in favor of wrestlers is being phased out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Mizdad getting a "Mr. Hero" chant was great. I really wish I liked watching Miz wrestle more.

I'm really surprised at how strongly they're building Carmella. She keeps getting one over on the veteran. Though I kind of wish they'd make it more about Nikki being a relic of the Divas division and how her style of WWE hiring models in favor of wrestlers is being phased out.

Maybe somewhere down the line that story would work, I'm not sure it would work so well with Carmella as the antagonist than someone like Becky or Bayley.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dimebags Brain posted:

Was this as hilariously stupid as it sounds?

Yes. It was actually good. Bray being played completely straight all the time really helped the cheese.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
American wrestling should be a little bit goofy at times imo and that Bray stuff hit just about the right spot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Another nice thing was that it was a show-long narrative thread that wasn't about authority figure bullshit. They used to do those all the time but they're vanishingly rare these days. It wasn't a particularly great example of either that or "pro wrestling goofy poo poo" but hey, it's a start. Can't entirely dismiss the idea that Smackdown has enough goodwill that it worked where it might have been met with total derision on Raw either.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 28, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bray Wyatt is the Jigsaw Killer

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Silver Snake was wary enough to avoid the Temple Guard hidden in the trees, and made it to the Shine or the Silver Monkey to punch Olmec in the face.

Seriously though, Bray's creepy dungeon adventure was a fun little concept, good on them for a creative way to push the feud forward without blowing their load on a final-stakes-raising before next week's go home show. I'm interested to see if that weird tape error thing and Orton kind of acting weird and crazy is going to be significant, or if it was just clever way to end the bit. Either way I'm eager to see what happens between them next week to lead into the match. I'm hoping its something special, because I feel like this has been the kind of feud where if it really pops at the end it will seem brilliant in retrospect, but if it just coasts to a lazy landing it'll be just another midcard time-waster, which would be really lovely for Bray's prospects.

Beyond that, It just continued to be great stuff up and down the board. The girls pushed their storylines along quite well. I'm not thrilled to see a the Tag Champs take a non-title loss, but it makes sense in the context of the story, which is the Usos claiming that Slyno are not legitimate champions. The Usos successfully making Slater tap makes us question if the heels are right while putting that new submission finisher over ever harder.

The Main event killed and the post-match segment was perfect. AJ looks like a genius instead of a chicken-poo poo for getting those two to tear each other apart, Cena has some edge by showing him temper and not caring that he was screwing up Ambrose's match, and Ambrose looks like a huge badass from the match itself but also like he's fraying at the seems from the pressure of who he's fighting.

And god drat, what is there to say about Miz and Dolph but bravo? Those two are on fire. If they actually go through with this stip and Dolph hangs it up, even if just for reasonable length of time, this feud will truly belong in the legendary tier. For the sake of the story, the integrity of what should be the most dire stip in wrestling, and the prestige of the IC belt, I can only pray that Smackdown has that much balls.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Daniel Bryan starts off last night's Talking Smack with 'Shane and I have a very different philosophy than Steph and Mick, we don't need to be on screen all the time."

Is RAW being written really lovely a story itself??

edit- Cena is very good on this as well. Way better format for the modern 15 minute promo.

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 28, 2016

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I was tossing around the idea of not watching Raw for a while, and last night's Smackdown just confirmed it was a good idea. Smackdown is so good, there's no point to see Stephanie ruin another character's credibility anymore. I can just watch wrestlers do wrestling things. gently caress, with the exception of Talking Smack, we didn't see Shane or Bryan. What a loving novel concept.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, until I read somewhere that Stephanie is taking a backseat from screen time I'm avoiding RAW.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dolph should lose his career match and then go to Raw as a heel so he can say "lol I lied about all that stuff."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

smackdown was fun and good but needed more alexa bliss. maybe next week!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I thought that Becky/Alexa segment was really the one misfire on the show. They didn't leave enough time for it to sink in before moving on to the next segment and none of the announcers were any good at selling it as a despicable heel thing to do (come to think of it none of those guys are very good at that in general).

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like Smackdown for so many reasons, not least the fact that all the heat and focus is on the wrestlers. Like Bryan's interactions with Miz are all shaped to put more heat on Miz and not to get Bryan over as a character. I like a great deal how you never ave a segment with the authority figures without at least one wrestler involved.

Also there's a sense of progression that makes sense and makes it feel like every match matters and leads into the next. You don't for example see a team lose twice to the lowest tag team on that show and then the next week have them main eventing against the top heels. It's simple and it's effective and it works.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I know it will never happen but I'd love to see Dolph lose his match to Miz and then have to work his way back up through NXT. Beating Nakamura for the belt would be a horrible idea, but beating someone like Roode in Brooklyn could be a great payoff if they were willing to build it right.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

I know it will never happen but I'd love to see Dolph lose his match to Miz and then have to work his way back up through NXT. Beating Nakamura for the belt would be a horrible idea, but beating someone like Roode in Brooklyn could be a great payoff if they were willing to build it right.

I'd love to see Dolph lose his match to Miz and then never have to see Dolph again.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Not to be a downer on the whole Ziggler's contract is expiring rumours, but there were reports he signed a 2-3 year deal last June the last time speculation about his contract expiring came up.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

Not to be a downer on the whole Ziggler's contract is expiring rumours, but there were reports he signed a 2-3 year deal last June the last time speculation about his contract expiring came up.

The Dudleyz also signed a new deal a few months ago.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

In a bit of irony, it seems Ambrose is gonna take time off to film a movie after hating on Cena for doing the same. I'm not sure what kind of movie would star Ambrose. Maybe a loose cannon cop movie. Alternatively, alcoholic detective.

wait, isn't Cena doing the same with a TV show thing? who's left to work with AJ? Please do not put him with Orton/Wyatt. Please steal Zayn or Cesaro.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Orton and AJ would be a really good match though.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MinibarMatchman posted:

wait, isn't Cena doing the same with a TV show thing? who's left to work with AJ? Please do not put him with Orton/Wyatt. Please steal Zayn or Cesaro.

of course it's going to be Orton. doesn't really matter who he faces anyway since he doesn't have bad matches.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaise330 posted:

In a bit of irony, it seems Ambrose is gonna take time off to film a movie after hating on Cena for doing the same. I'm not sure what kind of movie would star Ambrose. Maybe a loose cannon cop movie. Alternatively, alcoholic detective.

12 Rounds 4: 11 Rounds.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The DeanAmbrose.Net twitter confirmed from Dean himself that the rumors he's taking time off after No Mercy are not true. He could be lying to cover his rear end or something, but it's likely he's sticking around.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'd love to see Dolph lose his match to Miz and then never have to see Dolph again.

the problem with this is they're not going to turn Miz face by having him be the final solution to the Zigglish problem

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I thought the constant bullying of Saxton was starting to become a little uncomfortable during Clash of Champions but then I watched Ride Along and feel alright about it again

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MinibarMatchman posted:

Kane, duh!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Dolph will lose and then show up on Raw but have to beg and plead and degrade himself in front of Stephanie for like 3 months before he gets a job, just in progressively more humiliating and disturbing fashion, eventually he's literally crying on his hands and knees telling her how great she is and how he just wants a chance to work for her

Finally he gets a shot, if he can beat Braun Strowman 1 v 1, he has a job. He loses. The end.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked a small bit John said on Talking Smack where he said he didn't go for the title on Raw because he knew the Authority would gently caress with him. A nice little piece of storytelling. Hell his whole promo is pretty great.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Muddy Burphy posted:

The Dudleyz also signed a new deal a few months ago.

D-Von is apparently still working backstage at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

D-Von is apparently still working backstage at least

Yeah, he accepted an agent position backstage. Bubba was offered the same, dunno if he accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite part of Cena's promo last night was him building up a reference to a Raw wrestler and then picking Cesaro instead of a main eventer. Like, a genuine appreciation that he gave a shout out to Cesaro instead of someone like Rollins or Reigns who didn't need it, for lack of a better way to put it.

• Locked thread