Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

MrLonghair posted:

Plug & enjoy. Gio's moved on from this gig at Sony IIRC

Nope. Still doing his 3PP thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Confession: I still haven't beaten Kiwami. I just started playing it again after months of not. Story-wise it's still very close to the original, which I have already played twice (and frankly it's full of a lot of pointless meandering in the first place), and frankly the Majima thing is getting tired since it's basically a random boss fight against the same boss over and over and over and over again. How they work his actual appearances in the story into the system is hamfisted as hell, too.

I'm pretty near the end so I am thinking I'll just finish it quickly and be done with it, but it bothers me that three games in a row were okay or less than okay, and all definitely worse than 4 or 5 I think.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 23, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Playing Yakuza 3 and just had the bullfight thing happen and lemme tell ya this game is a rollercoaster ride of emotion.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Akiyama is the best character for the simple reason that he's the best sidekick to Hana-chan, the real hero of his chapters.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Launch Preorders of 0 are coming with a bonus!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm shoving money at the screen etc.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfP_3h5Fg4A

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Where do I pre-order this edition?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
From what I've seen all pre-orders get it.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Any word out if that edition is US-only or is it also available for Europe?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm sure the first run is limited with the bonus. Natsume is doing this with River City Tokyo Rumble on 3DS.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

From what I've seen all pre-orders get it.

Wasn't sure, since I looked on Amazon and it specifically said "Standard edition" and didn't see any other sites mentioning the bonuses.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Fair enough. Amazon has been lovely with some bonuses lately, afterall.

But Sega has this to say, "...in keeping line with that tradition of getting things done, we’ve created the Yakuza 0 “The Business Edition” for everybody who pre-orders or manages to snag a launch day copy of the game. "

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Maybe it's just too soon and the retailers haven't updated the info yet. Hopefully it is an automatic pre-order.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I certainly hope so!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Looks like it's time to start saving up for a PS4. I can't wait.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I didn't know this was an actual thing that existed lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJW-Bsrnmk

I thought it was just made up for the game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

Everything in the Yakuza games is real, even the things that aren't real.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Hefe posted:

my favorite part of my japanese textbook was

"These are the Kanjozoku. They like to drive around fast in lovely cars at 4 in the morning. But deep down, they're just expressing their frustration with modern japanese society, and with the world their fathers left them. If they're keeping you up, you can maybe call the police, but don't be too harsh on them."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

17 minutes of English gameplay.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
One of the many best things in Yakuza 0 is Majima speaking in whichever form of keigo that is. Wrecks my brain.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yakuza 5 seems a lot...sillier? Than previous Yakuza games? Maybe it's because it's opening with Kazuma, who has basically exhausted all possible outlets of characterization, but I feel like of all the Yakuza games this one isn't taking itself even remotely seriously. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does seem different from Yakuza 4 in that respect. I don't see why they couldn't just make a new character to be a taxi driving street racer with a heart of gold--it feels like just giving Kazuma stuff to do for the sake of it. Again, not exactly a problem, but notable. I'm early in though, so maybe the plot is just a slow burn.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yakuza 5 seems a lot...sillier? Than previous Yakuza games? Maybe it's because it's opening with Kazuma, who has basically exhausted all possible outlets of characterization, but I feel like of all the Yakuza games this one isn't taking itself even remotely seriously. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does seem different from Yakuza 4 in that respect. I don't see why they couldn't just make a new character to be a taxi driving street racer with a heart of gold--it feels like just giving Kazuma stuff to do for the sake of it. Again, not exactly a problem, but notable. I'm early in though, so maybe the plot is just a slow burn.

Saejima's chapter is even crazier with a lot of silly stuff, it's great.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I think that's just the direction the series has been heading instead.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I like how yakuza has a shitload of stuff to do. The premium adventure mode will keep me busy until Y0.

e: gently caress slots and pachinko though. All hail cheat items!
I like how the game changes resolution in slot mode and the UI gets super tiny.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
https://youtu.be/O0nmRjp1vdQ

Hyper big BONUS. gently caress whoever came up with the idea of having a req. of 7777 balls in something that's made of 1:100000 payout ratios.

At least it is done (and since they kept pachinko in 4 I'm not going back to it for a platinum trophy so soon).

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Is it just me or was cop dude from 4 super forgettable? I dunno, he just never really clicked for me and I didn't miss him from Dead Souls/5

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his fighting style owned pretty hard, but otherwise yeah.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I had to think for a long time who you guys were talking about :v: needs a "where are they now" segment like 70's 80's films

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

his fighting style owned pretty hard, but otherwise yeah.
Was he the guy where if you stopped in parts of the combo they changed? I remember him being way less of a hassle to get to grips with compared to Saejima, which has the dubious honour of being the only character I had a game over with on due to not really getting him until after the prison

I know: bring back cop lady but make her fight like him for the next one with multiple characters

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cop guy was my favorite and I'm sad he's gone

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Is it just me or was cop dude from 4 super forgettable? I dunno, he just never really clicked for me and I didn't miss him from Dead Souls/5

Tanimura was the most fun character to fight as in that game and maybe in the whole series. gently caress if I can remember his story though.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

mikeycp posted:

Tanimura was the most fun character to fight as in that game and maybe in the whole series. gently caress if I can remember his story though.

bad cop had his dad killed because he was investigating the crime that was part of the big story somehow. that's all i remember.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm so happy I'm going to be playing 0 early next year.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Was he the guy where if you stopped in parts of the combo they changed? I remember him being way less of a hassle to get to grips with compared to Saejima, which has the dubious honour of being the only character I had a game over with on due to not really getting him until after the prison

I know: bring back cop lady but make her fight like him for the next one with multiple characters

saejima was the easiest, really. get into heat mode, stay there and then spam the charge combo since most enemies rely on staggers and knockdowns to do damage.

not terribly fun, but easy nonetheless.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

A Real Happy Camper posted:

bad cop had his dad killed because he was investigating the crime that was part of the big story somehow. that's all i remember.

Oh right. It's hard to remember when you're so busy flipping guys, and countering guys, and putting guys in arm bars.

gently caress I can't wait to get to 4 in my LP.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

saejima was the easiest, really. get into heat mode, stay there and then spam the charge combo since most enemies rely on staggers and knockdowns to do damage.

not terribly fun, but easy nonetheless.
Yeah, but at the prison you haven't had a lot of fights with him and you have no healing items and it's kinda the complete opposite of Kiryu and Akiyama where you want to spam your heat moves

Goddamn prison guard fucker

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

If loving only...

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Random Hajile posted:

If loving only...
I mean, that dude was a charlie dog from what I remember? And they also have Majima, who until 0 was ambigious but is now at most bi but flamboyant as hellllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

River City Tokyo Rumble is giving me a strong Yakuza vibe. If you have a 3DS, check it out.

• Locked thread