Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Teagan posted:

Is this an American thing, or a different Nationality? I could google, but I like you people better. I probably have something similar to compare to. Maybe I Will google an image at least. Oh wow, I think I have 10 of those in my freezer. That is weird.

Viva la Mexico :mexico:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Mocking Bird posted:

Viva la Mexico :mexico:

I could roll some fruit in a crepe and pretend to fit in :( :quebec:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Teagan posted:

I could roll some fruit in a crepe and pretend to fit in :( :quebec:

Everybody fits into a Mexican-American family. I have half-siblings from black, Asian and white stock.

:ese:

Just bring your appetite to the reunion.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Everybody fits into a Mexican-American family. I have half-siblings from black, Asian and white stock.

:ese:

Just bring your appetite to the reunion.

Correct. I am white and Puerto Rican but my sisters and my brother's wife and in laws are Mexican. Mexican thanksgiving is gonna be hopping this year, I'm bringing my black daughter with me.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Mocking Bird posted:

Correct. I am white and Puerto Rican but my sisters and my brother's wife and in laws are Mexican. Mexican thanksgiving is gonna be hopping this year, I'm bringing my black daughter with me.

drat it, my complexion is patio chair white and I am so French it hurts. Our country cooking is loving great though... Spicy is a tomato.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
My family holidays involved bland beige 'food' and prayers for the troops. Probably also the police this year.

Can I come to your thanksgiving instead?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

i am the bird posted:

My family holidays involved bland beige 'food' and prayers for the troops. Probably also the police this year.

Can I come to your thanksgiving instead?

Yes. Downside: it's in West Texas. Upsides: they no longer expect me to say grace.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mocking Bird posted:

What stuffing do you make? We made a standard version, an oyster version and some years a chorizo style.

I really miss those big family times.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teagan posted:

drat it, my complexion is patio chair white and I am so French it hurts. Our country cooking is loving great though... Spicy is a tomato.

Ah, d'etre francais. Dommages. :smith:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

What stuffing do you make? We made a standard version, an oyster version and some years a chorizo style.

I really miss those big family times.

We do oyster or corn bread when we meet with the grandparents in New Orleans, in Texas it is one batch of boxed stuffing for the white people and spicy chorizo stuffing for the Right people.

The day before thanksgiving is tamale and soap operas day :kimchi:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
We don't do thanksgiving but there's at least 1 family gathering per month. My family is huge and everyone is welcome to join :v:

We do have a lot of ethnicities/nationalities. I have a cousin who looks a lot like me but her father is Chinese so her eyes are narrower.

I do have family in th US but they are from Panama and Scotland and now India, Thsnksgiving food is amazing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sweet As Sin posted:

We don't do thanksgiving but there's at least 1 family gathering per month. My family is huge and everyone is welcome to join :v:

We do have a lot of ethnicities/nationalities. I have a cousin who looks a lot like me but her father is Chinese so her eyes are narrower.

I do have family in th US but they are from Panama and Scotland and now India, Thsnksgiving food is amazing.

I can pretend to be some distant relative if that means I get three plates of whatever that looks like.
Goddamn.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ah, d'etre francais. Dommages. :smith:

Non,non, c le francais du roi, et non le francais des bourgeois. La Belle Province, plein d'esprit et d'accents bizarres.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teagan posted:

Non,non, c le francais du roi, et non le francais des bourgeois. La Belle Province, plein d'esprit et d'accents bizarres.

Les p'tits rois du Nord-Est, qui j'aime beaucoup, mais, malheureusement, je n'ai pas jamais visite vraisment.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Teagan posted:

oui et bizarre nourriture aussi, mmm six pates.

:quebec: salut compatriotes québécois

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Every culture has a dumpling. What is your culture's dumpling?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Mocking Bird posted:

Yes. Downside: it's in West Texas. Upsides: they no longer expect me to say grace.

West Texas? As someone who lived in San Angelo for awhile, my condolences.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cosima posted:

Matzah balls:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Cosima posted:

Aww, tu es notre dumpling quebecoise.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Cosima posted:

Tamales

Inzombiac posted:

I can pretend to be some distant relative if that means I get three plates of whatever that looks like.
Goddamn.

Delicious, that's what it looks like

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Cosima posted:

I'm filipino, we just stole pork buns from the chinese. It was a good idea to do so imo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When I was growing up whenever she sauteed kielbasa for dinner my mom would make dumplings to go with it that I am pretty sure were literally just boiled balls of flour and water. I fuckin loved em

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When I was growing up whenever she sauteed kielbasa for dinner my mom would make dumplings to go with it that I am pretty sure were literally just boiled balls of flour and water. I fuckin loved em

Mum makes baking soda buns. If I deep fried them I bet they'd be good? I have had dumplings though, in stew. That's good. I think we're making cornish(duh edit) hens with rice, raisin and cranberry stuffing this thanksgiving. With everything else rich and country that you can think of. Mum is into curry this year. Maybe there will be a curry with the hens. That might upset me. Maybe. The hens are local, that is culture right?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I had no idea there were so many goons in or around La Belle Province.

To be fair, though, I miss the ACTUAL Belle Province (NB), and want to move back soon.

I suppose posting here without a selfie wouldn't be good for the... y'know, Selfie thread, so here's my 'missing home and very tired' face.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Teagan posted:

Hey Teagan, how does your country feel about the US election? Is it news at all? Jw. I've yet to leave the country and am a baby

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

RC Cola posted:

Hey Teagan, how does your country feel about the US election? Is it news at all? Jw. I've yet to leave the country and am a baby

No one I know watched the debate, I tried talking about it, and the topic quickly changed. Really from what I can tell, we're pretty blaze about it. Another big idiot in a big country we don't care about as long as they keep buying our electricity and oil. It isn't much news where I live. Really, it just isn't, unless you watch Entertainment Tonight Canada. Maybe some people care, but again, not that I have noticed. Who really gives a drat, we're all grown up here and will handle ourselves just fine no matter who does what. No one I hear on the street is talking about American Politics, ever. Not even at big family things do I hear a word about it. I might just be out of the loop, but it is just like a new x-men movie, maybe it will be in the media for promotion for a while, but you could easily wait a few months to hear the reviews and see if you care enough to watch it. Probably will pay attention because there are explosions. Dunno. Probably wrong to ask a quebecer about american stuff, even if I was american for a while.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Slo-Tek posted:

We've been pals for what? 15 years now? bit more? You lookin good like ever.

We were the original photo whores. I remember when a digital camera thread was a hot topic like crazy. You were my first forums crush, sorry Atarian. And you said I looked like a Robert Palmer girl. Friendship for half my life because of some tight hair.

Edit: do you still have that black and white photo of yourself? You know the one. I will have to ask a friend for my R.P. photo. geez we have gotten old,friend.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

10 Beers posted:

AJ speaks the truth on both counts.

So when are you moving to Munich? :hfive:

Mocking Bird posted:

Senpai noticed me ~~~ :swoon:

You noticed that I noticed you ~~~ :swoon:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Cosima posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dim_sim

These tasty little buggers are everywhere down here, they're a staple of Aussie cuisine. Traditionally bought with your fish and chips for tea. Deep fried are the superior dimmie, anyone who prefers steamed is wrong.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Action Jackson! posted:

Sweet beard. Also, that loving bass. I want it.

73-75 Ibanez 2388B/DX, it is completely understandable!

Yes I find them more interesting than myself.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Teagan posted:

No one I know watched the debate, I tried talking about it, and the topic quickly changed. Really from what I can tell, we're pretty blaze about it. Another big idiot in a big country we don't care about as long as they keep buying our electricity and oil. It isn't much news where I live. Really, it just isn't, unless you watch Entertainment Tonight Canada. Maybe some people care, but again, not that I have noticed. Who really gives a drat, we're all grown up here and will handle ourselves just fine no matter who does what. No one I hear on the street is talking about American Politics, ever. Not even at big family things do I hear a word about it. I might just be out of the loop, but it is just like a new x-men movie, maybe it will be in the media for promotion for a while, but you could easily wait a few months to hear the reviews and see if you care enough to watch it. Probably will pay attention because there are explosions. Dunno. Probably wrong to ask a quebecer about american stuff, even if I was american for a while.

That's weird, because it's all I heard about yesterday.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Action Jackson! posted:

So when are you moving to Munich? :hfive:

You noticed that I noticed you ~~~ :swoon:

Find me and my fiance some good jobs, and I'm down!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

2 more pounds,cool. I have had people say I have lost too fast. I tell them to gently caress off. I have some loose skin, but that isn't so hard to work off. I am going to be bothering you guys SO much when it hits another 10lbs off. Not that I won't bother you in the meantime. However, October is full of holidays and a million birthdays. No cake, please. Well, maybe some.

This is what I am doing today. Well not specifically, but those are shiny. I am stripping a gas tank. No biggie. It builds character. Maybe I can do a photo of my destroyed hands later.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Find me and my fiance some good jobs, and I'm down!

We can just be like al the other Americans here and just open up our own expat bar. Weekly karaoke nights!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Was way behind on this thread, but drat.. Congrats to both Teagan and SaS for making great gains (or losses I suppose). Well done, makes my pathetic gym excursions to sort of get into shape look pretty weak. Going to have to try the rowing machine now.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I want to lose another 25 at least :3: I'm not working out a lot, though.

Medical leave is boring af. Blurry mirror pic is the best I can do with my t-rex arm, sorry

Sweet As Sin has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Sep 29, 2016

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Sweet As Sin posted:

Medical leave is boring af. Blurry mirror pic is the best I can do with my t-rex arm, sorry

If you've already got a t-rex arm, you just need to go full t-rex!

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

The Locator posted:

Was way behind on this thread, but drat.. Congrats to both Teagan and SaS for making great gains (or losses I suppose). Well done, makes my pathetic gym excursions to sort of get into shape look pretty weak. Going to have to try the rowing machine now.

Do the drat thing! I fell into a deep depression at one point in my life and ballooned up to about 230lbs. It took dedication but now I look pretty drat good. Start going hard af and once you start seeing even the slightest results, ride the snowball effect into sexy oblivion.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Action Jackson! posted:

We can just be like al the other Americans here and just open up our own expat bar. Weekly karaoke nights!

Oh my God, I'm so excited!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

skeemon posted:

Do the drat thing! I fell into a deep depression at one point in my life and ballooned up to about 230lbs. It took dedication but now I look pretty drat good. Start going hard af and once you start seeing even the slightest results, ride the snowball effect into sexy oblivion.

This is an option, but another good one (either on its own, or in tandem with working out) is cutting out carbs and sugar. The keto diet specifically is how I lost drat near 40lbs, and I still ate delicious food! I'd be on it still, except my wife is pregnant, and daaaamn is it tough trying to cut carbs when someone else you're living with isn't.